Drowning at Dusk Ch. 07 - Finale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could have wept.

Instead, I just screamed when she leaned back down and trapped my clit within her skillful lips once more.

My thighs rose, trapping her head in a vice-like grip, my hips bucking against her as she drew forth yet another climax: a short, weak little one that quickly rose and rose into another. Overwhelmed and nearly broken, I flopped my head back upon the cushions, helpless to do anything but stare up at her twitching, dripping sex.

Xelari didn't seem to mind in the slightest and continued to feast between my legs until I cried out for her twice more. My screams grew hoarse, my lungs burned, and every muscle in my body ached. My vision had gone blurry, perhaps from the magic or the intense climaxes, and she seemed to sense that I was approaching my limit.

After two soft licks she withdrew her mouth and I soon realized the apparitions had faded. I'd been so consumed by the pleasure inflicted by the real Xelari that the ghostly echoes had vanished without me noticing.

The moonlight had dimmed as well; the magic of the Moondance had at last faded, though the pleasure inflicted by the sorcery still sent tremors and twitches through my aching body.

Cooing with delight, Xelari moved to lie atop me, her larger breasts pressing against my pert ones. Her dripping lips moved to suckle upon my neck.

Tears ran down my face, my heart nearly bursting with the aftermath of all that pleasure and the fact that she'd found me worthy of it. Her lips trailed from my neck to my jaw, then over those tears.

When she raised up to meet my gaze, I could see that she was weeping too.

I let out a sound that was half-sob and half-laugh.

"You're beautiful," I murmured, cupping her cheek.

"Nonsense," she said with a sniffle, wiping away her tears. "You tousled up my hair, I'm coated in sweat, tears running down my face...I'm a damned mess."

"You'remy damned mess, Xelari."

I pulled her down for a soft kiss.

We relaxed in each other's arms for a time, saying nothing, simply exchanging lazy little kisses.

I nuzzled against her neck, my fingers running through her sweaty hair and up and down her back. After a few more lazy minutes she rolled off of me, rested her head on my shoulder, and stared up at the moons.

"I just wish I could return the favor, somehow," I said. "I almost feel...inadequate, not having that sort of magic to unleash on you in return."

"Inadequate?" she said with one of her familiar snarls, clutching my jaw and tilting my gaze to meet her scowl. "How dare you say such a thing?"

"It's true, isn't it?" I said, laughing a little.

I wasn't sad at the prospect: I was just pointing out the facts and my own slight regrets.

"Do you think I do not derive bliss from inflicting it upon you?" She snorted. "Besides, if you are so despondent about not being able to work such sorcery, you shall just need to think of other, more creative ways to drive me mad. Perhaps activating your fury-rune and fucking me with one of our toys, leaving me broken and weak."

I shivered, my hips twitching at the thought. I'd been tempted by such uses of the fury-rune before, but had never actually suggested it to a lover.

"And there are other endless wonders we can explore together, malrixi," she continued. "But know that to see you writhing and screaming within the grasp of my magic is..." She smiled and gave me a gentle kiss on the cheek. "One of the most beautiful things I have borne witness to."

Overcome by emotion once more, I blinked away tears and took a minute or so to find the means to reply.

"Thank you," I finally managed.

"Thankyou, Esharyn. For being worthy of it. For...giving me the strength and the inspiration to do that once more."

Again we fell into a comfortable, relaxing silence, staring up at the moons together. Eventually I rose to stretch my legs and walked over to the railing. Still naked, I shivered at the cool night breeze and stared at the Lord-Protector's compound down below and then at the skyline of the city we'd saved. Xelari joined me, her hands settling on my hips, her lips softly kissing up and down my back.

"What's next for the Deathless?" I asked. "For us?"

"I will need to coordinate with the rest of the order, to inform them of what happened here. The runes we use to send such messages will take time to prepare and we will have to wait a few days for a reply. So we will have some time here, with little else to do but amuse ourselves like this."

She reached up to cup my breast.

"But after that...we will need to hunt down another relic. I still have a dozen leads on other locations. I know there is still evidence to sift through from Amberkeep and the defeated necromancers. And I still need to learn how Synrik learned of my mission in the Wildwood. More hunts. More fights."

Her voice turned somber for those last few sentences.

"It is not an easy life."

"I've never had an easy life. I'll adapt to this new path." I smiled, and looked over my shoulder at her. "But it'll be a bit easier with you."

**

Thank you all for reading! This marks the conclusion for this particular arc of Xelari and Esharyn's story. I will certainly return again to them someday, with standalone stories or smaller arcs. I am also brainstorming a few standalone stories with other POV characters whose adventures will intersect with Xelari and Esharyn's adventures. For now, I'm hard at work editing and proofreading the finale to Duchess of Lust, which will hopefully be up within the next month or so.

1...456789