Dual Heritage Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Wincing, Ria felt sharp pains radiate through her body. "I'm not sure," she managed to gasp. "What just happened?"

They extricated themselves from the wreckage, their bodies marred with bruises and scrapes. Their eyes met, a mixture of relief and disbelief painting their expressions.

"Are you hurt?" Mark inquired, his hand gently caressing her face.

Wincing as she attempted to rise, Ria nodded. "I think I'll be okay. Just some minor cuts and bruises."

Their brief sigh of relief was abruptly shattered. Two shadowy figures emerged from the darkness, and Mark's pulse quickened; he recognized one of them as his earlier assailant from the park.

Ria glanced at him, brushing dirt off her clothes. "Do you know them?"

"One of them attacked me earlier today in the park."

"Why?"

"I'm not certain, but my aunt believes they could be magi hunters."

She snorted at the term, dismissing them as "worthless fools."

"We meet again, youngling."

The man was imposing, with a rugged beard and disheveled hair, clad entirely in black—leather jacket, combat boots, and all. His eyes narrowed sadistically as he assessed Mark and Ria.

His accomplice was a slender woman, her long black hair pulled back into a severe ponytail. She wore a black hoodie and form-fitting leather pants, knives strapped conspicuously to her belt.

Ria's hands began to emanate a soft glow, tiny shards of ice swirling around her fingers. "What do you want?"

His expression shifted, "Ah, the Avidhan princess graces us with her presence."

"Shut it!" Ria snapped, her voice laced with anger.

"You should know better than to mess with us."

Ria raised her hands higher, the ice particles growing larger and more dangerous. "Leave now," she warned, "or you will regret it."

"You're hardly in a position to issue threats, ice princess."

Mark stepped in, fists clenched, eyes locked onto the attackers. "Back off. We don't want trouble."

The female attacker advanced, a malevolent smile curling her lips. "Trouble, pretty boy, has already found you."

With no further warning, both attackers lunged, weapons glinting ominously in the scant light. Ria's reflexes were a blur as she conjured razor-sharp ice daggers, hurling them with deadly precision. One found its target, embedding itself in the woman's shoulder and forcing her to stagger back, grimacing in pain.

The man aimed a vicious punch at Mark, who sidestepped the blow and retaliated with a well-placed kick to the man's midsection, sending him stumbling back.

Regaining her composure, the woman unsheathed a knife and lunged at Ria. With a swift, fluid motion, Ria dodged, seizing the woman's wrist and twisting until the knife clattered to the ground. The woman hissed, retaliating with a spinning kick. Ria parried and delivered a crushing uppercut, snapping the woman's head back.

Ignoring her pain, the woman began chanting in an arcane tongue, her knife glowing an ethereal blue.

"A Vora," Ria muttered, eyes widening.

With a sneer, the woman lunged, her glowing knife aimed for Ria's heart. Ria deftly sidestepped, summoning a staff imbued with a soft, green luminescence.

The Vora was agile, her movements a dance of deadly intent. Ria countered with calculated precision, her staff parrying and striking in a rhythm of its own.

Metal clashed against metal, sparks flying, the tension palpable.

Meanwhile, Mark felt a surge of magical energy. "Why are you doing this?" he demanded.

"Just business, kid."

Adrenaline coursing through him, Mark tapped into his elemental magic. A gust of wind erupted, staggering his opponent. But the man recovered, lunging with a jab. Mark dodged and unleashed a fireball, forcing the man back.

"Don't get cocky, little magus."

Ignoring him, Mark focused, enhancing his physical prowess with elemental magic. He became a blur, dodging and landing blows that left his opponent reeling.

The man retaliated with a barrage of attacks, forcing Mark on the defensive. Conjuring a magical shield, Mark parried the blows until he saw an opening. With a burst of speed, he lunged, flames trailing his fist. The man attempted to dodge, but it was too late. Mark's fist connected squarely with his jaw, sending him sprawling to the ground.

Mark stood over him, ready to deliver the final blow. But he turned his attention towards the woman, who was now standing over Ria with the glowing knife raised.

Without hesitation, Mark rushed towards the woman, his heart racing with fear and adrenaline. He had to stop her from killing Ria. As he approached her, he saw the woman bring down the knife, aiming it directly at Ria's heart.

"Azura sylph, hear my cry, let the flames of the Phoenix rise high!"

A torrential blaze erupted, catapulting the woman through the air until she slammed into a nearby wall with a resounding crash.

Mark turned to see the source of the blast of fire, only to find Lida levitating in the air, surrounded by a golden aura. Her eyes were closed as she chanted in an unfamiliar tongue, her voice imbued with an otherworldly power.

She slowly descended back to the ground, her eyes opening to meet Mark's gaze.

"Are you alright, Mark?"

"What...what was that?"

"An ancient incantation," Lida responded, her tone eerily calm. "One I'd hoped never to invoke again."

"How did you find us?"

"A tracking spell," she said, unfazed. "I sensed your peril."

Ria slowly gets up, rubbing her side where the woman's knife had grazed her. Mark rushes to her side.

"Are you alright, Ria?"

She nods weakly, still in shock from the attack. "Thanks to your aunt, I am,"

"I am just glad I was able to help."

He watches the exchange between the two, still processing what had just happened. "Aunt, this is Ria. Ria, this is my aunt, Lida."

"It's nice to meet you," Ria says, offering a small smile.

"Likewise. I just wish it were under better circumstances." Lida looks around taking in the surroundings. "But we must leave this place quickly. Who knows if there are more hunters lurking about."

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
22 Comments
tinfoilhattinfoilhat3 months ago

The conversation between Mark and Ria really needs some work I couldn't believe what I was reading. But ya gotta start somewhere.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

How come there's no place to vote on this chapter?

inno0cent_bystanderinno0cent_bystander4 months ago

Did something break with the images?

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U7 months ago

Would give it a five star but the thing to rate is not there

IanflintIanflint7 months agoAuthor

Okay, Finally It has been corrected guys. Now this is chapter 3 and there won't be any mistakes going forward.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Guilty Until Proven Innocent Pt. 01 An innocent man is imprisoned.in Romance
Dead or Alive Man disappears to escape his old life.in Romance
The Nuclear Family Pt. 01 Robbie thought he had a loving family, he was wrong...in Loving Wives
Double or Nothing Pt. 01 Terry comes home and finds his wife and daughter gone.in Loving Wives
The Lost Prince Bk. 01 72k word demon-girl harem.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories