Dual Heritage Ch. 04

Story Info
Ria moves in...
9.2k words
4.57
6k
6

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 12/16/2023
Created 10/05/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ianflint
Ianflint
134 Followers

10

Seated around kitchen table, the trio sipped tea, the tension palpable.

"Who were those attackers?" Mark inquired, still grappling with the night's events.

"Members of the Vora clan," Lida revealed.

"I thought they'd vanished," Ria mused, visibly shaken.

"They've been dormant, but they're resurfacing," Lida sighed. "I suspect they're collaborating with the Hunters."

"The Hunters?" Mark and Ria exchanged puzzled glances.

"Yes," Aunt Lida replied.

"But why would they Vora work with them?" Ria asked.

"I'm not sure," Lida admitted. "But I do know that the Vora are not to be underestimated.

Mark took a sip of his tea and then asked, "Why did they come after us?"

"It's hard to say."

Aunt Lida noticed that Ria was covered in dirt and blood, and her clothes were torn from the fight. "You should take a shower. You can use the bathroom upstairs in Mark's room."

Ria hesitated but nodded, excusing herself.

"Aunt, do you really think the Vora are working with the hunters?" Mark asks, his brow furrowed in concern.

"I fear it may be so," Lida replies, her expression grave. "The Vora have always been a secretive group, but I have reason to believe that they are up to something more sinister than usual."

"What kind of reasons?"

"I fear so," she said gravely. "Rumors circulate of strange alliances and accumulating power. It is all very vague, but I cannot help but feel that it is connected to the recent attacks. We must be vigilant."

"Do you think they are planning something big?"

"It's hard to say," She replies, shaking her head. "But we cannot afford to be complacent. We must prepare ourselves for the worst."

Mark nods solemnly, his thoughts racing. He had always known that this side of world was full of dangers, but he had never imagined anything on this scale.

"What's our next move?"

"Gather intelligence. Prepare for defense," she instructed, locking eyes with Mark. "And keep your identity secret. Our opponents are ruthless."

Lida leans forward, her gaze fixed intently on Mark. "Mark, I cannot stress enough how important it is that you keep your true identity hidden. The Vora and their allies are not to be trusted, and they will stop at nothing to eliminate anyone who stands in their way."

"I understand. I'll be careful."

"It's not just the Vora you need to be wary of," she continues. "The Hunters are a dangerous group as well. They won't hesitate to use any means necessary to achieve their goals."

"What do you suggest I do?"

"Keep a low profile, for one," Lida advises. "And be cautious of who you trust. Not everyone is what they seem in this world."

Mark nods, understanding the gravity of the situation. "I know," he replies. "But I trust Ria."

She chuckles softly. "You don't have to tell me that, Mark. I can sense the bond between you two. You two are mates, after all."

"What? Mates?"

"Yes, the bond between the two of you is strong. It's a rare and powerful thing."

Mark can feel his face flushing with embarrassment. He and Ria had only just met, and now Aunt Lida was talking about them being mates.

"I don't understand," he says, trying to keep his voice calm. "What does that mean, exactly?"

Lida smiles. "It means that you two are meant to be together, in every sense of the word. Your souls are intertwined, and your magic is stronger when you're together."

Mark takes a moment to process this information. It was a lot to take in, but he couldn't deny the feelings he had for Ria. He felt a strong connection to her, even though they had only known each other for a short time.

"I...I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything, Mark. Just be careful. The Vora and the hunters will stop at nothing to capture you, and they will use anyone and anything to get to you."

Mark nods, understanding the seriousness of the situation. The two fall into a comfortable silence, both lost in their own thoughts. The sound of the shower running upstairs breaks the stillness, and Lida glances up at the ceiling.

"It looks like Ria is making herself at home," she says with a chuckle. "Now, let's get some rest. It's been a long day, and we have a lot of work to do tomorrow."

Mark nods and heads upstairs, lost in thought about the recent attack and the revelation about Ria being his mate. He had never believed in the concept of soulmates, but the connection he felt with Ria was undeniable.

Mark steps into his room to find Ria at his dresser, combing her hair. She's donned one of his oversized t-shirts, and he's struck by how it accentuates her curves. Her long, smooth legs are impossible to ignore.

Clearing his throat, he catches her attention. The sight of her in his shirt sends a jolt of desire through him.

"Hey," Ria says with a smile. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah, thanks to Aunt Lida."

"She's incredible," Ria agrees. "Her mastery of fire was something to see."

He chuckles. "She's a force of nature."

There's a brief moment of silence between them, and Mark finds himself struggling to come up with something to say.

"You look good in my shirt," he blurts out.

"Thanks. It's comfy," she grins. "I hope you don't mind."

"No, not at all. Actually, I think it looks better on you than it does on me."

Ria laughs, "Well, that's a relief. I didn't want to steal your favorite shirt or anything."

Mark walks over to her, admiring the way the shirt drapes over her curves. "You could steal all my shirts if you wanted. I wouldn't mind."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah."

She sets down the brush and turns to face him, "So, what's next? What do we do now?"

His smile fades. "We need to find out who the hunters are aligned with. Aunt Lida suspects the Vora might be involved."

"Why would they be involved?"

"I wish I knew," Mark admits, sitting on the bed's edge.

Ria joins him, sitting on his lap and wrapping her arms around his neck. Mark embraces her, relishing the warmth of her body.

"Are you okay?" she asks softly.

Mark nods, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just worried about what's going on."

"I know," she says, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"I couldn't have made it without you."

He smiles, his eyes locked onto hers. He can't help but notice how her long lashes frame her beautiful brown eyes, how her pink lips are slightly parted, and the way her hair falls in waves around her face.

They sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes, enjoying each other's company. Mark leans his head against Ria's, taking in the scent of her hair, feeling her warmth against him.

"You should probably take a shower too," she says, her eyes scanning his bloodied shirt and jeans.

Mark nods in agreement.

She stands, nudging him toward the bathroom. "Go on, I'll wait."

After a quick shower to wash away the day's grime, Mark steps out of the bathroom in just his boxers. Ria's eyes widen appreciatively as she takes in his toned physique.

"You should always wear just this," she grins wickedly.

"Maybe I will," he retorts, joining her on the bed.

Ria pats the space beside her. "Come cuddle."

He obliges, wrapping his arm around her as she snuggles against him. They lie in peaceful silence, the sound of their breathing filling the room. Ria breaks the quiet, her hand caressing his cheek.

"This is nice," she murmurs.

Their lips meet in a slow, gentle kiss. Ria's hand wanders down to his chest, tracing his muscles. She pulls away, her eyes lingering on his body.

"I was serious," she says, her fingers dancing over his abdomen. "You should always wear just this—or even less."

"Duly noted."

Ria nestles back against him, her body pressed intimately to his. She takes his hand and kisses his palm. "Good night, baby."

"Good night, Ria," he whispers, resting his chin on her shoulder. She sighs contentedly, snuggling deeper into his embrace.

As Ria's breathing slows, Mark watches her drift into sleep. He kisses the back of her neck before allowing himself to succumb to slumber.

For the rest of the night, they sleep soundly, the day's events forgotten. Wrapped in each other's arms, the only sounds are the soft rustle of sheets and the rhythm of their breathing.

As the morning sun filters through the window, Mark awakens to find Ria still asleep in his arms. Her natural beauty leaves him spellbound. Gently running his fingers through her chestnut hair, he feels a surge of affection.

Ria stirs, her eyes meeting his. "Good morning," she murmurs, her voice tinged with sleepiness.

"Morning. Slept well?"

"Like a baby," she replies, snuggling closer. Their lips meet in a tender kiss, filling the room with a sense of serenity.

"What time is it?"

"Past 7. We should get ready for college," he says, nudging her gently.

She pouts. "Do we have to?"

"As much as I'd love to stay, we should go."

"Fine, but can we linger a bit longer?" Ria asks.

"Of course," Mark agrees, pulling her closer. Their peaceful moment is interrupted by his phone buzzing with a lecture reminder.

"Time to get up, sleepyhead," Mark smirks.

Ria groans but sits up, stretching. "Okay okay, I'm up."

Mark showers quickly and returns to find Ria still in bed. "Your turn," he grins.

Ria heads to the bathroom, and Mark starts packing his bag. "Do you have anything to wear?"

"No," she replies, emerging from the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

Ria grumbles but eventually sits up, rubbing her eyes sleepily. "Okay, okay, I'm getting up," she says, stretching her arms above her head. He leans down to kiss her forehead before pulling away and swinging his legs over the edge of the bed.

She watches him as he stand up and stretches, admiring the way his muscles flex and ripple under his skin. "You know," she says with a mischievous glint in her eye, "maybe we should just skip class today."

"And what would we do instead?"

"I have a few ideas. You could just nail me to the bed all day."

He chuckles, "As tempting as that sounds, we can't."

"Fine, but can we at least make up for it later?"

"Absolutely," he agrees, "my naughty vixen." He leans down to kiss her once more before heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead.

He showers quickly and returns to find Ria still in bed. "Your turn," he grins.

She heads to the bathroom, and Mark starts packing his bag.

"Do you have anything to wear?"

"No," she replies, emerging from the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

He starts to rummage through his closet, but Ria takes over, selecting a t-shirt, hoodie, and grey pants. She bends over to slip on the pants giving him tantalizing view of her bosom.

"You look amazing."

"I have good taste, don't I?" She twirls, showing off her outfit.

"Excellent taste," Mark agrees, grabbing his bag. With a final glance in the mirror, they head out.

Descending the stairs, Mark and Ria are greeted by the mouthwatering scent of breakfast. Aunt Lida is already in the kitchen, flipping pancakes and sizzling bacon.

"Good morning," Aunt Lida greets, kissing both on the cheeks. "I've made your favorites."

Ria's eyes sparkle at the mention of food. She takes a seat and starts eating, while Mark joins her, relishing the fluffy pancakes.

"Thanks, Aunt. It's delicious," Mark says.

"You're welcome, dear. It's the least I can do for you and your lovely girlfriend." Lida replies, casting a warm glance at Ria, who blushes in response.

They engage in light conversation over breakfast until it's time to leave for college. Aunt Lida clears the table and starts on the dishes as Mark and Ria gather their belongings.

"Take care, you two."

"We will," Mark assures her, hugging her briefly before holding the door open for Ria.

"Thanks for the wonderful breakfast, Lida," Ria adds, waving goodbye.

"You're always welcome, dear," she replies, smiling warmly.

They get into the car and drive off to college, discussing their upcoming classes and assignments as they go.

11

Mark leads Ria through the lively college campus, his hand tightly clasping hers. The vibrant atmosphere and the excited chatter of students fill the air as they make their way towards the building where Ria's first class is.

"Design and Analysis, right?" Mark checks with Ria, his eyes scanning his schedule on phone.

"Yes, that's the one."

Reaching the entrance, Mark pauses and looks at Ria. "I've got to go to my class, but let's meet up for lunch."

Ria leans in for a quick kiss. "Thanks for walking me, babe," she says, her smile softening her features.

"Anytime, gorgeous."

Mark watches as Ria walks away, her hips swaying with each step she takes. He can't help but admire her shapely figure, especially the curve of her backside. She turns around and blows him a kiss, a playful glint in her eye as she winks at him.

He smiles and waves as she disappears into the building before turning to head towards his own class.

When he reaches his classroom, he takes a deep breath and opens the door, feeling a sudden rush of nerves. He looks around the room, trying to spot a familiar face, but most of the students are strangers to him.

Mark takes a seat near the front, feeling a bit self-conscious as he sets up his notebook and pen. He tries to focus on the professor's introduction, but his mind keeps wandering around about everything that has been happening the past few days.

As the class concludes, Professor Jackson speaks up, "Mark, could you stay behind for a moment?"

A wave of anxiety washes over Mark. He watches as his classmates exit, leaving him alone with the professor.

"How's your research paper coming along?"

Caught off guard, Mark realizes he'd nearly forgotten about the paper amid the chaos of his life. "Ah, the paper. I've made some progress—conducted preliminary research and drafted an outline," he says, recovering quickly.

"Good. Don't forget, it's due in two weeks and counts significantly toward your final grade."

"Understood, Professor. It'll be done on time."

Mark packs up his bag and leaves the classroom, feeling a little overwhelmed with everything that's been going on in his life lately. Between juggling school, his supernatural events, and his relationship with Ria, it was getting difficult to keep up with everything.

The rest of the day passes by in a blur of lectures, assignments, and discussions. He tries his best to focus on his studies, but his mind keeps meandering.

Mark feels his phone buzz in his pocket, indicating a new message. He takes it out and sees that it's from Ria.

Ria: Hey babe, where are you? Meet me at the cafeteria for lunch :)

Mark smiles at the message and quickly types out a reply,

Mark: On my way! Be there in 5 minutes.

He gathers his things and heads towards the cafeteria, his stomach grumbling in anticipation of food and the sight of Ria. As he approaches the bustling lunchroom, he spots her sitting at a table by the window, waving at him to join her.

"Hey there, gorgeous," Mark greets her with a smile, sitting down next to her placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey yourself."

"How was your morning?" he asks, reaching for a sandwich.

"It was good," Ria says, taking a sip of her drink. "A little overwhelming, but I think I'll manage." She looks out the window at the busy campus. "I hope so. How was your morning?"

"It was fine," he replies, taking another bite of his sandwich. "Just a bunch of classes and meetings with professors."

"Meetings with professors? What for?"

"Oh, just some research work I'm doing. It's nothing major, just a little project."

"What kind of research?"

"Just some stuff for my major. You know, nothing interesting."

"You're not telling me something, Mark. What's going on?"

"Yeah, I'm doing my research on the shift in marketing strategies towards digital platforms," he explains, taking a bite of his sandwich. "It's a fascinating topic, but it's been a bit challenging to find the right resources."

As Mark explains his research paper, Ria listens attentively but can't help but make a face at his words. "That sounds so... boring," she says, wrinkling her nose and making an exaggerated eye roll.

He chuckles, "Well, it might not be the most exciting topic."

"I guess so," she says, still making a face. "I just hope my classes are more interesting than that."

"I'm sure they will be."

As they continue chatting, Ria's phone rings, and she quickly checks the caller ID before answering. "I have to take this," she says apologetically to Mark before answering the call. As she talks on the phone, Mark takes the opportunity to observe her, admiring the way her lips move and the way her hair falls over her shoulder.

After a few minutes, Ria ends the call and turns to Mark with a sigh. "Sorry about that. That was my aunt."

"Everything okay?"

"She needs me to run some errands for her this afternoon."

"Okay, well, if you need anything, just let me know," he says, squeezing her hand reassuringly.

"Thanks, Mark. I appreciate it," Ria says, giving him a small smile before finishing her lunch.

"No problem," Mark says, finishing up his drink. "I have some things to take care of too. Want to meet up later?"

"Sounds good," she agrees with a nod, checking the time on her phone. "I have a little bit of time before my next class."

He nods and stands up, grabbing his backpack. "I'll see you there then," he says, leaning in for a quick kiss before heading out of the cafeteria.

Mark settles into his seat for financial accounting, notebook and pen at the ready. Just as the professor starts the lecture, the door creaks open and Ron walks in, scanning the room for an open seat. Catching sight of him, Mark grins and gestures for Ron to join him.

Ron makes his way over and takes the seat next to Mark. "Hey, how's everything?"

"Good, just trying to keep up with coursework," Mark says, flipping open his textbook.

"Speaking of keeping up, how's Ria?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play coy. Word's out that you two are the campus's latest 'it' couple."

"Really? How'd you even find out about us?"

"Word travels fast, especially when it comes to love lives."

"You're a regular gossip columnist, aren't you?"

"Hey, it's a talent," he says, patting Mark on the back. "But seriously, you two seem great together."

"We're just dating, Ron. It's not headline news."

"I get it, but you know how campus gossip works. People are already asking me about you two."

"I had no idea we were such a sensation."

"You are, whether you like it or not but you've got to admit, you two do make a cute pair."

"Thanks, Cupid. Now can we focus on the lecture?"

Ron chuckles. "Alright, lover boy, back to the numbers we go."

As the class wraps up, Mark gathers his belongings and bids Ron farewell. Just as he's about to step out, Ron calls after him, "Don't forget those love letters for Ria at the park!"

"Hilarious, Ron. Catch you later."

Ron shouts, "Love's in the air, buddy!"

Mark flips him the bird without breaking stride, chuckling to himself.

"And we've got our eyes on you!"

Shaking his head at Ron's theatrics, Mark exits the campus and heads for the park to meet Ria.

As he walks, he reflects on the whirlwind changes in his life. Just weeks ago, he was a single guy engrossed in his academics. Now, he's in a relationship that's the talk of the campus. The attention makes him slightly self-conscious, but it's a small price for the happiness he feels with Ria.

Ianflint
Ianflint
134 Followers