Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 03 Ch. 16

Story Info
Chapter 16.
1.2k words
4.8
4.6k
5

Part 96 of the 139 part series

Updated 04/28/2024
Created 08/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Sixteen

We marched down the tunnel, the surviving wildhound sisters sniffing ahead. Everyone was on alert. Usiku, Halia, and Slepkavi marched with their weapons drawn. The hum of Halia's blessed blade filled the corridor. My ball of conjured light bobbed over our heads, floating with us. The tunnel was lined with disabled traps.

And soon we came to branching choices. The wildhounds sniffed around. "They went this way last," Hela reported, pointing to one of the three choices. "Their scent's the strongest."

"Go!"

They led the way. My monster girls followed. Garnet had a shadowy whip in her hand. Maya's form rippled with her every step. Hagane had turned her right arm into a blade, the light gleaming off her chrome body. Mrs. Lucina fluttered her angel wings. This would be her first time doing something dangerous.

What could be down here? It had to be a fire trap. Something they missed. Something that wasn't a traditional trap. That had to be it. My fingers flexed. I wished we had more information to it than just fire.

Du had died before she even knew what hit her. Nos had died a moment later. They were Level 1 monster girls, but they had been trained to fight. Practiced. Grown better than their innate talent. That was something I had done. I wouldn't abandon any monster girl I had created. I wouldn't retire them to eternal sleep.

I wouldn't murder them just to have more powerful monster girls.

We took another left and then came to a set of bronze doors that had been forced open by the wildhounds. Beyond, was a large room. My skin tingled. There was something about this room that prickled my senses.

"Hold up," I whispered. "Let's do some preparations." I had Ice magic, but none of it was useful in warding me against flames. But there were other spells I could cast if there was trouble in there.

"Strong and unyielding, let the granite of Lady Ki enhance."

Strength of the Mountain fell on my limbs, increasing my physical strength. I felt it flowing through me. I would be better at fighting with the lightning spear I had brought.

"Hard and enduring, let the rocks of Lady Ki defend."

My flesh turned into stone. A layer of protection. Granite Flesh was a useful defensive spell. I nodded and then whispered, "Go."

The wildhounds surged into the room, sniffing around. They spread out as they looked. My other monster girls followed after. We marched into a large room. The ceiling rose high above, vaulted bands of supports rising from buttresses along the wall. The far ends of the room were lost to the gloom. It was immense.

And smelled strange. I stopped with Garnet, Maya, Mrs. Lucina, and Hagane around me. Halia stood before us, the other monster girls fanning out. I glanced back and saw Fara was lurking in the doorway.

The currents in the air changed. A wind blew over me, ruffling my hair. The monster girls I could see all froze. Halia raised her sword in warning. The darkness erupted with flames. A great gout of fire belched down and slammed over Daant, my werebear, and Prekrasnyy, my yuki-onna. If they screamed, the roar of the fire drowned them out.

Then they were dead. The flames vanished.

"Dragon!" Paanee hissed, slithering away from the flames that had belched down.

Garnet gasped. "Dragon? Really?"

Another belch of flame burst out. I spotted Havas fleeing on her hooves, her gray hair flying behind her. The flames chased her and engulfed her. My hands tightened on my spear. I could see a reptilian head in the flames. Scarlet scales gleaming with fire. Something swept in the dark. Another blast of wind surged around us.

The dragon's wings.

"Fuck me, she's immense," I gasped. Her head must be two stories up. Her wings just as wide. "How did something that big get through these tunnels?"

My monster girls were scrambling. They shouted. A ball of plasma shot from Sviesos at the dragon, bursting on scales. The dragon roared, her bellows filling and echoing through the tunnel. My bowels turned into jelly.

"Lord Leo, give me the honor of slaying the beast," Halia said.

"No, no, let me tame her with my whip!" Garnet shouted. "I want to have a dragon!"

"Something has occurred to me, Lord Leo," Fara said.

"Is this the time?" I asked, struggling to think. How do we fight something that immense? Her breath was killing monster girls. She breathed again, but Hela and Marwo scampered clear of the flames. Heat billowed through the room.

"This might be the wife mentioned in the poem about Meskalamdug. The wings. She could have carried his body away. Dragons are monsters who can be won by a dungeon builder."

"It's too dangerous," Halia hissed. "Let's just kill the beast."

"No, no, we need her!" Garnet gasped. "She's awesome."

"I don't know," Mrs. Lucina said. "She's killing the monster girls."

"I think you should tame her," Hagane said. "She is a creature of immense power. And if she is the wife of Meskalamdug, imagine the answers that she holds."

Another blast of flame erupted. Hela wasn't so lucky this time. My monster girl died in the flames. She suffered.

"How do I tame her?" I demanded, my heart hammering.

"You have to get her to revert to her human form," Fara said. "You have to attack her. Overwhelm her with force and show her your strength. It'll be deadly."

"My force?"

"You have to risk yourself, Lord Leo," Halia hissed. "This is madness. Let us just slay the beast. No information is worth dying for."

"You are wrong," Hagane said. "Information is worth it. We need to know these secrets, Leo. That's why we are here."

She was right. If I had any chance of finding out the truth of the dungeon builders, Meskalamdug's wife might be it. She would have been down here for four thousand years, sleeping. He had tamed her. So would I?

"Ci, Gwyllt, watch over Fara."

"Yes, Lord Leo!" the two wildhounds shouted and darted out of the darkness. The others were dodging the dragon's flames and claws. Paanee slithered fast to one side. Slepkavi rolled out of the way of a slashing claw, the orc's golden armor gleaming in the burst of flame.

"This is madness," Halia hissed.

"She's right," Mrs. Lucina said. "Leo, I'm not sure this is wise. You're important. Too important."

"I'm not going to stand back safe and sound and have my monster girls die for me to kill a dragon. I'm fighting no matter what. So let's try to tame her."

"That's my big bro," Garnet said. There was such joy in her eyes. "You're our hero! Let's do this!"

Hagane lifted her armblade, and I hefted my lightning spear. More flames burst before us, illuminating the dragon's body. She looked like a classic one. Immense. Her body must be the size of a semi-truck with its trailer and stood on four strong limbs. Her neck long and sinuous. She had black horns and yellow eyes that had baleful rage in them.

"That's a mature dragon," Fara shouted as I marched forward. "She isn't the most powerful they can become, but she is definitely old. Be careful!"