Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 03 Ch. 17

Story Info
Chapter 17.
3.4k words
4.79
4.8k
8

Part 97 of the 139 part series

Updated 04/28/2024
Created 08/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Seventeen

Be careful...

Easier said than done.

I marched toward the dragon, my companions and Halia with me. The dragon flapped her wings as Usiku and Slepkavi came at her from the sides, both swinging weapons. Paanee spat a ball of acid and Sviesos fired a ball of electric plasma. The attacks struck the dragon while the swords slashed in. The dragon roared and then she launched into the air.

"Fuck me," I groaned as the dragon soared over us and banked to the right. The room was big enough for her to fly around in. It was like it was created for her. I shuddered as her tail swept like a scythe behind her.

Paanee spat another ball of acid at the soaring dragon. The beast roared and then fire burst down at my naga. Paanee hissed and slithered out of the way fast, her armless body undulating and breasts bouncing. The flames scorched the ground where she had stood.

The dragon soared past, Paanee hissing. She turned her head and spat another ball of black acid.

"What are we going to do about that?" asked Maya. Her flesh rippled. Another blast of fire erupted, bathing my undine in oranges and reds.

"Like this," I said and focused. "Blinding brilliance hardened, let the light of Lord Shamash cut!"

A sword of dazzling light appeared before the dragon's head and slashed, striking the scaled beast. Light burst from it, a scintillating display that would half-blind the dragon if it worked. I couldn't tell if it even cut through her scales.

Roaring in fury, the dragon banked around, her wings spread wide. They reached nearly to the high ceiling. She came around, her yellow eyes focused on me. She hurtled at me, flames crackling in her open mouth.

"Scatter!" I shouted.

* * / *

Halia Vorbia's heart hammered in her chest at the sight of the dragon. Every adventurer dreamed of slaying a dragon. It didn't matter which of the twelve types. A fire drake, an ice drake, or a metal drake. They were all dangerous beasts that would make a name for any adventurer. A legend.

Now Halia stared at her destiny. She could kill this beast and outstrip even her father. For all that Anguin Vorbia had done in his storied adventuring career, he had never slain a dragon.

But Leo wanted to capture it.

She had sworn herself to Leo. This task might be folly. Taming a dragon had to be infinitely more difficult than slaying one. You merely had to cut off the dragon's head for that. Forcing it to revert to a human form...

This would be dangerous.

Halia broke into a sprint, scattering with the monster girls around Leo, her braid of black hair flowing behind her. She threw a look over her shoulder and saw that Leo wasn't moving. He had his spear planted. His mouth opened to cast the spell.

"Lightning crackle and hiss, gird me in the love of Lady Uttu!"

Static Aura danced over him. The air crackled around him moments before the flames burst down and splashed over him. Her stomach tensed as the fire blazed over his body. He was gone. Shouts erupted through the room. The dragon banked over, the air rippling in her wake. Wind howled over Halia.

Leo appeared amid the smoke. His Static Aura was gone, but he was fine. She couldn't believe he had been such a fool. What if the fire had overcome the protective spell? She had to protect him. She had to keep him alive.

If this world was ever to break the cycle of the dungeon builders, then Leo had to live.

"Lady Sherida, guide my sword," Halia prayed to her patron. Lady Sherida, Goddess of Light, had blessed Halia, Made her into a paladin. The divine power of her goddess flowed into her.

Halia threw her blessed blade. The humming sword flashed through the air. The course of it bent, following the dragon as she made her circle of the room to come around for another attack. The magical weapon slashed into the dragon's belly scales. Smoking blood spurted from the wound and rained down on the floor. Usiku gasped, driving out of the steaming liquid and coming up in a crouch.

The dragon roared her fury. Her tail slashed in the air. Her head turned, yellow eyes focused on Halia.

The blessed blade reappeared in Halia's hand. She could never lose it. The dragon dived for her.

* * / *

Mrs. Bella Lucina spread her wings wide. The angel charged at Halia as the dragon dove for the human. Halia stood proud, raising her sword. Blood sizzled on the humming blade. With a hard flap of her wings, Mrs. Lucina hurtled in and grabbed Halia.

"What?" gasped the startled human.

Wings beating hard, Mrs. Lucina carried them straight up in the air, her halo pulsing with determined light. Fear pounded through Mrs. Lucina's veins. She had to keep the paladin alive. Leo loved her. Mrs. Lucina loved her. The naked, busty angel would protect this new family.

She had no idea what else she could do.

"Let me go!" Halia gasped.

"I'm sorry, dearie," Mrs. Lucina said, glancing down.

The dragon roared, wings flapping, but she couldn't fly straight up. The dragon pulled out of her dive before hitting the ground. As she did, Slepkavi jumped and grabbed the edge of the wing where it met the scaled body. The orc hauled herself up on the dragon's back, her thick, black hair whipping from the force of the wind.

"Wow," Mrs. Lucina gasped as the orc clung to the dragon's back.

Lightning flashed up from Sviesos. Paanee spat more acid. The other monster girls were spread out, ready to attack. Mrs. Lucina watched the battle, holding on to the squirming Halia.

* * / *

"You're crazy, you know that?" Maya asked as she ran back to Leo. "What if Static Aura didn't keep you alive?"

He glanced at her and said, "I knew it would."

"You did not." Maya's body rippled. She stamped a foot coated in dust. More of that nasty stuff infiltrated her body. She wanted to pour herself through a Brita filter right now. Purify herself. "You can't risk yourself like this."

"Sorry," he said and focused on the dragon.

Maya shook her head in irritation. She didn't know what she could do. Slepkavi had managed to jump on the dragon's back while Mrs. Lucina hovered in the air with a struggling Halia. Maya's only attack was drowning people in her body.

Not something she cherished doing.

"Darkness hides and shadows conceal, let the curse of Lord Zuen fall!"

The dragon roared. She shook her head as she banked around. Her wings flapped hard. Maya frowned. "That was Blind? Did you steal her vision?"

"Think so," he said.

The dragon roared and flames burst from her, splashing across the wall. In the reflected light, Maya spotted Slepkavi raise her golden sword. She plunged it down into the dragon's back. More pain burst from the monster. She thrashed in the air, her spine flexing.

Slepkavi flew from the back of the dragon. She soared out to the side, her green body flailing. She arched over and plunged for the ground. Maya winced as she watched the poor monster girl fall to her death.

I'm utterly useless in this fight! screamed through Maya's mind.

* * / *

"Water's crushing weight surround, feel the grasp of Lord Enki squeeze!"

Watery Grasp surged out from me. I cast it on Slepkavi moments before she hit the ground. The water surrounded her to crush her, but it also cushioned her fall. Before it could harm her, I dismissed the spell with a thought. Active magic drew on my reserves, so I could end it at will.

She tumbled out of it, coughing but alive. She staggered to her feet as I stared up at the blind dragon. She beat her wings and banked before she hit the wall. She couldn't see, but she had avoided colliding with the obstacle. How?

Didn't matter. I had to be on the attack. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mrs. Lucina set Halia down then the angel returned to the air, joined by my little sister. I had to hit the dragon with an attack that would let me tame her.

Something that could stun her...

Yes!

"From above it falls, let the ice of Lord Anshar crush!"

A block of ice conjured by Frozen Fall appeared over the blind dragon's head. It hurtled down at her to crush her. Knock her out or drop her from the sky. Her head turned to the side, pivoting at the end of its long neck. The ice fell past it and shattered on the floor, pieces spraying over Nimhe.

"The fuck?" I gasped.

"How did she dodge that?" Maya demanded. "Even if she wasn't blind, that appeared over her head."

The dragon turned and then breathed fire that shot down at Sviesos. The will o' wisp ran to the right, narrowly avoiding getting burned. The dragon flew past and then turned again. I could see the darkness covering her yellow eyes. She was blind, but that didn't seem to matter at all.

Then it hit me. I groaned in disgust. "She's lived in the dark for thousands of years, Maya. Being blind is no different."

I had to think of a new plan.

* * / *

Garnet had her whip in hand as she soared through the air. Mrs. Lucina rose up beside the succubus, white-feathered wings beating beside scarlet, leathery ones. The succubus's pigtails trailed behind her as she turned in the air. The dragon banked over, dodging a blast of lightning from Sviesos.

"Let's get her, Mrs. Lucina!" Garnet shouted and surged at the dragon. "Hey! Hey, you! Dragon! You're my brother's! You belong to him. Stop being so naughty!"

"Garnet!" Mrs. Lucina shouted. "Don't get so close to the monster!"

Garnet flapped her wings at full beat, winging for the dragon. The little succubus was not about to stop now. A Lightning Spear fired from her brother. His magic crashed into the dragon's scales. Below, monster girls scattered for another fiery attack. Hagane moved, her metallic body standing out as it reflected red.

Garnet swooped in above those flapping wings and then slashed her whip at the dragon. The shadowy end struck the hard scales along the dorsal fins. The dragon didn't even care. She dove again, hurtling down at Sviesos.

Webbing struck the will o' wisp and yanked her to safety moments before the fire burned across the ground. The dragon roared her frustration, beating her wings and climbing back in the air. Turbulence slammed into Garnet.

She tumbled for a moment, her wings buffeted. Her tail swished behind her to steady her balance and keep her from plummeting to her death. That would be tragic. She couldn't die yet. She had to help tame this new pet.

"Kweh, heh, heh, you shall be my big bro's!" Garnet flapped her wings hard and soared over the wings to fly by the monster's head.

SWISH! CRACK!

Her whip struck the monster by the darkness-covered eye.

The dragon roared. Flames burned amid her sharp teeth. The head turned. Garnet flapped her wings, lifting her up and over the dragon's head to the other side. Flames barbecued the air, but not the little succubus.

"Meanie!" screeched Garnet. Her whip lashed out, striking with a crack. "You are my brother's! So be a good dragon, turn into a hot MILF, and prepare to get fucked by the hunkiest guy in the world!"

The dragon growled, a deep, rumbling menace. Then claws slashed at Garnet. Squeaking, the succubus twisted in the air, her tail swishing behind her to turn her body. The claws raked past her, nearly ripping her in half.

"Rude!" Garnet hissed. "You're a rude dragon-puppy!"

* * / *

"Garnet!" Mrs. Lucina shouted. She flew down before the dragon. "You're going to get yourself killed. A whip's not going to do anything."

"She's my big bro's!" hissed Garnet and slashed her whip out. It crashed into the dragon's head again.

The claws slashed again. The succubus squeaked while the angel's stomach twisted in fright. Garnet shot up, though, her legs just clearing the clawed paw only for her to get smacked by the dragon's large wing. It threw the succubus the other way. She tumbled in the air, falling to the ground.

"No!" Mrs. Lucina gasped.

Garnet unfurled her wings and pulled out of her fall, skimming over the ground and nearly crashing into Usiku. She banked out of the way. Relief shot through Mrs. Lucina, her wings beating to keep her in the air.

The dragon roared behind her. Hot breath spilled over Lucina. She threw a look over her shoulder and her halo pulsed in fear. The dragon's open mouth closed in on her. The beast could easily swallow her whole. Saliva dripped from teeth blackened by soot.

"No, no, I'm not a good meal," the housewife-angel shouted. Her halo pulsed. She could feel it brimming with light.

Radiance burst from the angel. A blinding explosion of light that did nothing to the already blind dragon. Mrs. Lucina gasped, realizing her mistake as the dragon's wings flapped hard, propelling the beast closer.

I'm about to be eaten! she thought.

Something whipped up from the ground.

CLANG!

A bar of metal struck the dragon in the side of the head, knocking her to the side. The dragon roared in pain while Mrs. Lucina banked to escape. She dove beneath the dragon. The downdraft from the powerful flapping wings struck the angel.

She gasped, feathers ripping from her wings as she was thrown to the ground. The stones hurtled up at her. She tumbled, struggling to unfurl her wings. The dragon soared on, growling in pain as Mrs. Lucina screamed.

"Got you!"

Garnet grabbed the falling angel in her arms, her leathery wings spread wide. Mrs. Lucina gasped, throwing an arm around Garnet's neck as the little succubus kept them both in the air, if barely. A big grin spread on Garnet's lips.

"I'm your hero, aren't I?" Garnet cooed. "I totally saved your ass. A naughty demonette saving a sexy angel MILF!"

"Yeah," Mrs. Lucina said.

Garnet then kissed the angel, much to Mrs. Lucina's shock. This was not the time for a make-out session, but the succubus thrust her tongue past the angel's lips.

* * / *

Hagane had her sword arm ready and wanted to get into the fight. All those action movies she'd watched, especially staring Lana Fulmine, would pay off.

"Kin," Hagane called as the dragon roared. Steel Batter had apparently hurt her. Garnet flew overhead with Mrs. Lucina in her arms. "Kin, I have an idea."

Kin the unicorn trotted over to Hagane, her silvery-white mane of hair spilling behind her. She had that sharp horn. "Yes?"

Hagane pointed to the ground nearby. Blood sizzled. "The dragon's bleeding. Halia's thrown sword cut her belly open. You can jump high, yes?"

"I can," Kin said.

"When the dragon passes over, jump and try to stab your horn into the hole. Gore her. Inflict more pain. We have to bring her down. We can't keep dodging her flames."

"Right," Kin said.

As the unicorn galloped away on her two hooves, Hagane spotted Usiku crouched nearby, her shadowy sword held in hand. She stared up at the dragon, tracking the beast as she soared around for another attack. Lightning and acid shot up. Another steal bar narrowly missed the dragon.

"Usiku!" Hagane shouted and rushed to her.

As the animated statue reached the fomorian, Kin made her attack. The unicorn neighed and jumped up, becoming a lunging spear. Hagane watched the unicorn, the animated statue adjusting the rims of her glasses with her left hand.

The unicorn's horn plunged into the wound. The dragon roared in pain. Blood spurted out of the wound. Kin fell free, blood smoking over her body. It was hot, but not scalding. Hagane didn't think Kin would be--

The dragon's tail swiped down and crashed into the unicorn. Kin whinnied in pain as the blow flung her towards the wall, her body broken and twisted. She vanished into gold motes before she hit it, killed by the blow.

"She hurt the beast," Usiku muttered. "This is frustration."

"We need to get onto the dragon's back," I said. "Like Slepkavi managed."

"Just hold onto her better than I did," the orc growled. She jogged over, her golden armor reflecting a blast of lightning rising up from the will o' wisp. "The dragon doesn't like us getting on her back."

"I can help!"

Nimhe scuttled over on her eight legs. Her breasts jiggled and bounced. The red diamond stretched between her tits made her stand out. Her compound eyes reflected distorted versions of Hagane, Usiku, and Slepkavi.

"I can get you on her back," said Nimhe. "It'll be dangerous."

"I'll take dangerous," Slepkavi said.

Hagane nodded. "We are useless on the ground."

Nimhe nodded. Then she aimed her abdomen up at the gloomy heights of the vaulted ceiling. Silk thread shot out and soared up. She caught the ceiling and then scrambled up her own webbing. Hagane glanced at the dragon. She belched fire, chasing Piaro and Paanee. They broke apart, the flame burning between them.

"We have to take this dragon down," Hagane said. She had been brought to this world by Leo. Freed from the academic grind that her parents had imposed upon her. No more expectation to be what they wanted. She was here to be something else. Something strong and powerful.

A living weapon for a man who loved her.

She would be a glorious weapon.

"We go for the wing joins," Hagane said. "That's how we--"

Webbing struck her in the shoulders. Slepkavi's and Usiku's, too. The three monster girls were yanked up into the air by Nimhe's webbing. Hagane could not help but marvel at the strength of the arachne's webbing. Maybe even stronger than spider silk.

This will work. We'll either land on the dragon or miss her and die.

* * / *

I had a new plan. Pummel her with spells. Batter her. Get her to land. The dragon could absorb damage, but there had to be limits.

"From above it falls, let the ice of Lord Anshar crush!"

A block of ice crashed into the back of the dragon and burst into shards. She howled and twisted around, flame erupting from her mouth. The orange-red billow jetted out like a flamethrower. Soot rained from the sky while smoke rose.

"What are those three doing?" Maya gasped.

I ignored her and cast Water Mace next.

"Waves slam into the shore, let the strength of Lord Enki hammer!"

The watery mace slammed into the dragon's head. Water burst across her scales. Steam rose. She turned in my direction again, letting Paanee and Sviesos fire acid and lightning up at her, the attacks splashing across the belly scales.

As the dragon dived at me, Maya broke into a run. But I faced her without flinching. Though the sight of Hagane, Usiku, and Slepkavi being lifted into the air on strands of spider silk almost threw me out of my concentration.

"Lightning crackle and hiss, gird me in the love of Lady Uttu!"

Flames erupted as Static Aura fell over me. The inferno engulfed me. The sizzling spell protected me from the attack. The energy washed over me and then died, leaving smoke rising around me. I gripped my spear and blinked my eyes against the brilliance of the flames. The dragon's tail slashed the air above my head as she banked around.

I cast Lightning Chain.

"Electricity surges and binds, let the chains of Lord Enlil's lightning bind!"

The crackling bolts of lightning struck the dragon and danced over her scales. Blasts of lightning arced out into her wings. She shuddered in the air, her tail knifing behind her. Clawed feet clenched tight.

She twisted her head around as she banked and aimed herself at me. Fire exploded from her and rushed towards me. I opened my mouth to start chanting Static Aura. But there was no time to get the spell off.

Death rushed at me.