Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 03 Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She slashed claws at him. He rolled beneath it and came up in a slash. He ripped into her side, cutting through her scales. Steaming blood spurted from her wound. She roared, her head turning to track him.

She breathed fire.

The gout of flame that burst from her maw made what she breathed in her human form seem like a candle flame. Anguin threw up his shield to engulf it, but it wasn't big enough to shield him this time. The flames engulfed him.

I ran to the side, dodging the fire that did burst out of the other end of the shield to kill me. I raced towards Halia's side as Anguin screamed. He burst out of the shadows, fire burning across his flesh. But he still stood.

What could kill him?

Roaring, Isatu slashed her claws down at him again as he staggered. He recovered and knocked back her claw attack with his sword, umbral blade striking her talons. Sparks flared. Then he lunged in and stabbed her in the neck.

Blood spurted hot from Isatu. She reeled back and slashed. He dodged her paw only to be struck by her swinging tail. She flung him across the room. He struck the wall with a bone-crunching impact. She breathed fire. The flames rushed at him.

Isatu charged after. I fell to my knees, still invisible, and grabbed Halia's hand. Her eyes flicked in my general direction. She panted, her face clammy and drenched in sweat. Blood pooled around her. I squeezed her.

"Graven wounds pulse in pain, let the healing of Lord Dumazid flow!"

She groaned and shuddered, the power flowing into her and mending her wound, but it wasn't enough. She had taken too much damage. I was running low on mana. Sacrificing a vein had consequences. I had plans for that energy, in greatly expanding my base, but now it was gone forever.

Anguin staggered from the blow and the flames. Then Isatu's jaws snapped around him. She crushed down on him. Shadowy blood spurted out from between her teeth. He screamed in pain, clutched in her jaw.

"Yes!" I roared, rising to my feet. "Isatu!"

He spasmed, still holding onto his sword, but he wasn't fighting. This was it. My dragoness had done it. He might be powerful, but fighting one on one with a pissed-off dragon was a feat few could endure, even this invincible bastard.

"This is not... the end!" spat out Anguin. "Lady Ninazu, recall... your servant!"

He melted away into darkness that rose into the air. It bled through the ceiling and vanished. Isatu's jaws snapped up as if to grab the fleeing thing. But she closed on nothing. He was gone. That bastard survived.

"Fuck," I groaned, shocked.

Isatu roared in fury. Her anger shook the room. It buffeted me. I swayed beneath her rage. I leaned on my spear as Halia moaned at my feet. I looked around the room. It was scarred with damage. Blades of the night had left gouges in the walls, floor, and ceiling.

He killed all my monster girls and survived.

Isatu turned to face me, her yellow, reptilian eyes fixing on me. I held out my left hand. She lowered her muzzle and rubbed her snout against my palm. I felt the texture of her pebbly scales and the immense warmth of her.

And I could feel the power that animated her slowly bleeding out. Dragons had to sleep for centuries just to be active for a few days. They burned through the mana too fast. It had to be their size. They were too big to move, to fly, to just stand. She should collapse under her own weight. When you doubled something's size, you quadrupled its weight.

In two days, she would revert to her human form unless she hibernated. And if I wanted to change her back, if Anguin attacked again, I would have to sacrifice another mana vein. I would lose my Level Two monster girls and my Intermediate Spells.

"I'm so fucked," I whispered as I stroked my dragoness's snout.

12