Dungeon Builder's Harem Book 03 Ch. 42

Story Info
Chapter 42.
3.3k words
4.78
3.4k
2

Part 122 of the 139 part series

Updated 04/28/2024
Created 08/07/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Forty-Two

I reached the Void Crystal and grabbed it. I had practiced this over and over again for the last few days. I knew what to do. I held the black jewel. It hummed. Souleen smiled at me as I concentrated and split the monster girls up into their sections. I made sure everyone was in place.

"Good luck, Lord Leo," said Souleen, a big smile on her face. "I know you can do this."

I created the stairs that led up into Astovin. Four of them bursting up onto the streets. I released the gem and rushed out of the room. I wore my gray robes and my breastplate, the weight of my armor shifting about my chest. I snatched up the spear leaning against the wall and entered the waiting room.

Isatu, Garnet, Hagane, Feya, Grobi the Ghost, and the wildhounds all waited for me. Isatu had flames spilling out of her mouth, her dragon wings fluttering behind her. Garnet had her whip, Hagane had both her arms turned into deadly blades, and Feya had her wand ready to fire beams of light at the bastard.

"Go, go, go!" I shouted.

The wildhounds howled, "For Lord Leo!" and rushed up the stairs first. They scampered with eagerness, their bushy, black tails swishing behind them. Around the town, the other monster girls were flooding up the streets to start the evacuation.

I rushed after them, my spear in hand, Isatu hot on my heels. Garnet chortled. My feet pounded up the stairs and into the frightened streets of Astovin. Villagers were staring in fear towards the far side of town where the temple lay.

"Time to go!" shouted Ci.

"You there," Du yipped. "Grab your family and move! Lord Leo's command!"

"Let's move, people," Nos cried. "Don't make me bite your butt. I will!"

The people lurched into motion. Some glanced at me with such hope in their eyes. Once more, their village was under attack. I was here to defend them. The guardians I had placed around the town, the rock golems, lurched into motion. They would be lumbering toward the source of the attack. I had no idea how effective they would be.

"Garnet, get in the air and find where he is," I shouted to my little sister.

"Yes, big bro," she shouted and flapped her red wings. She took off, her spade-like tail whipping behind her.

The screams were coming from the right. The sounds of people dying. I ran in that direction, crying out spells. I cast Granite Flesh, Strength of Mountains, and Static Aura. I had to be ready to fight him. My monster girls ran behind me.

I have him, big bro! Garnet shouted in my mind. Turn right at the next street!

* * / *

Halia raced to the nearest exit that Lord Leo had created. Here, she found the orcs and salamanders pouring out of the dungeon. As much as Halia wanted to fight her father, she wasn't supposed to do it without backup. She nodded to the monster girls as they started barking at the civilians.

"Move your asses and get out of town!" Slepkavi bellowed. She pointed at a group of young men. "You! Get in those houses, make sure they're empty. We're not leaving anyone behind."

"Halia," Lana Fulmine shouted. The lightning sprite burst out of the tunnel followed by Terra, Usiku, Smerta, and Ipalsi the ghost. "Where is he?"

"By the temple," I said. "This way."

"Good," Smerta shouted. She wore her icy armor and had her sword out. "I'm going to fuck him up this time. He's not going to take me out that easy."

"Right?" Usiku asked. She had made a long spear out of shadows that ended with a sword-like blade. A weapon called a glaive.

"He's at the central plaza," Garnet reported. "And he's shooting at me! How rude!"

"Follow me!" Halia shouted and drew her blessed blade. It hummed with its magic. She turned and darted down the street, the other monster girls following the paladin while the orcs and salamanders had the civilians flowing in the other direction.

But not all of them had gotten to safety. Several dead littered the road to the square, cut down by the mad shade of her father. The Gods have done this to him, she thought with anger. At least the Gods of Dark. And he said there are more coming back. More like him.

She shuddered in terror as she ran for the square.

* * / *

Mrs. Zoe Baldwin rushed past the werebears evacuating the civilians in her section of town. Her daughter's warning that Anguin was in the central square let the dryad know just where she had to lead her force. She had two of the ghosts flitting through the buildings as she ran forward. Paanee slithered behind her with Morana running at her side. Nina was in the air, the devil flying on her crimson wings.

"Oh, yeah, I see the bastard," Nina shouted, flames busting in her hand and forming into the shape of a pitchfork. She threw it towards the square ahead.

Garnet flew over that square, flying fast. She dodged and twisted in the air as blades of darkness came for her. Fear twisted the dryad's stomach as she watched her daughter risking death distracting the bastard while the rest of the harem rushed in for the fight.

Mrs. Baldwin glanced behind her. Morana's misty cloak fluttered behind her as the pale-skinned banshee ran with force. She licked her lips. Her scream would be something to hear. Mrs. Baldwin hoped that the shadowy monster ahead enjoyed the piercing screech of an angry banshee and the loving touch of a pair of ghosts.

"We're almost there!" Mrs. Baldwin sent.

* * / *

Mrs. Bella Lucina soared over the streets. The angel watched as Garnet and Nina danced in the skies over the square, both of them now dodging the shadowy attacks from Anguin. The devil threw down her flaming pitchforks.

Almost there, thought Mrs. Lucina. She might be an angel, but she was eager to help out that devil. The irony that in this world they were both on the same side wasn't lost on Mrs. Lucina. It made her more excited.

Beneath her ran Maya, Crystal, and Baaghi. The ghost Dusata floated by them. The satyrs and unicorns were spreading through the streets to evacuate the townspeople. The angel didn't like to see the innocent hurt.

And there were innocent on the ground cut and bleeding.

The angel hated that. She flapped her wings faster as she soared to do battle.

Ahead, Nina Naughty threw a flaming pitchfork at Anguin. The angel could see him now. He opened one of his dark holes. The pitchfork vanished into the hole then flew out in another direction, hurtling at someone Mrs. Lucina loved. Her halo glowed brighter as the sun set.

* * / *

Hagane slammed her shoulder into Leo, throwing him to the side. The flaming pitchfork slammed into the metallic girl's chest. It struck like it was made of steel, but so was the animated statue's body. She hardly felt the weapon clanging off her.

"Thanks!" Leo growled as he recovered.

Hagane nodded to her lover. Her armblades pumped as she ran into the square with the others. Anguin stood in the middle, waiting for them. They hadn't corralled him here. No, no, he had come to this open place to fight them.

He knew we would protect the town, Hagane thought, her mind racing. "Leo, he waited for us to be ready. This is his trap we are running into."

"Too late now," Leo growled.

"Yes!" Feya hissed. The fairy's butterfly wings fluttered. Light flared above and behind Hagane. A beam of light shot out at Anguin.

He pivoted around it. The beam struck the grass behind him. One lone cow grazing on the grass in the village center mooed in alarm and ran off, bell clanking about its neck. Hagane kept running, her metallic legs stretching out before her as she closed the distance.

Leo ran at her side, his spear in hand. His skin had the gray hue of granite. He had protected himself. She could feel the charge of static around him. Even though he was defended with spells, she would take no chance with his safety.

"Kick his ass, big bro!" Garnet shouted from above.

"Curb stomp his ass!" the porn star shouted. She circled with Garnet.

The light of Mrs. Lucina appeared from the right, the angel's halo a small sun in the growing depths of night. That worried Hagane even more. The world plunged into the dark. Into the very element that made up the reincarnated Anguin.

We are fighting him on the ground of his choosing just as his powers must be at their strongest. Hagane wanted to retreat, but she knew Leo would never leave the townspeople vulnerable.

Anguin raised his sword and slammed it into the grass at his feet. A great burst of shadows erupted from it and rushed at Leo. Hagane tackled him again, throwing him to the ground. He rolled out of the way of darkness.

It crashed into Hagane. The force of it was too much. She felt her body ripping apart. Shards of metal tore from her body. The shadows dissolved her. In her last moments before her soul tumbled free of her body, she knew Leo would not have survived.

Beat him, my love, Hagane thought before she fell into the warm and loving embrace of Souleen, a humming lullaby pulling the animated statue into the peace of death's sleep.

* * / *

"Fuck," I muttered as the shadow wave crashed into a building and tore it down. Hagane was gone. I felt her die. The darkness had destroyed her and left a furrow in the ground, the grass shriveled and smoking along the edges.

Stones crashed to the ground as the building collapsed, smote by the attack. That was new. Anguin hadn't used that during the fight. I pushed up on my hands and feet, needing to be mobile to dodge another attack like that. My heart hammered against my ribs from its frantic beat. He had almost killed me last time...

I battered down the fear. I had defeated him once. I would do it again.

"Death reaps and harvests, let the scythe of Lord Nergal kill!"

The Spectral Scythe appeared to Anguin's side and slashed at him in a blur of black negation. The shadowy Anguin blurred out of the way at the last instant. The scythe slashed through nothing and vanished.

That dodge seemed faster, too. A sinking weight plunged into my guts. Had the Lord and Lady of Darkness upgraded him? Had those bastards made him faster? Harder to kill? Had they super-powered his attacks?

"Shit," I groaned.

From my right, Baaghi burst into the village square. The rakshasa loped on all fours, her tiger head roaring her fury. Behind her, my older sister and Maya raced after. Crystal had a shard of ice in her hand which she whipped at Anguin. It flew over Baaghi's head. A dark portal swallowed it and then it hurtled at Baaghi. The rakshasa leaped over it with nimble ease.

"Lord Leo," Isatu hissed. My dragon grabbed my arm. "We might fight!"

"Yes!" Terra growled. She had turned her right hand into a heavy hammer. My golem had a fierce look on her face. "I want to Hulk smash his ass!"

"Yeah," I said, my fear bubbling through me. Faster? Stronger?

From the left, Halia appeared, running in her golden armor. Usiku and Smerta were hot on her heels, frost spilling from the valkyrie's weapon. From the far side, Mom reached the square, Morana and Paanee at her sides. The armless naga slithered fast, her entire body undulating.

Terra broke into a run, joining the charge that hurtled at Anguin from all sides. Terror for those I loved gripped me. This would be a bloodbath.

* * / *

The others were rushing in. This was Morana's chance to show her Dark Master just what she could do. She drew in a deep breath, her cape of black mist fluttering behind her. Her lungs filled with air. Her diaphragm tensed.

She screeched.

The grass rippled before her. The air warped with the force of her shouting attack. It slammed into Anguin. He shuddered. Shook. His body vibrated from her deathly wail. His ears didn't rupture. He didn't fall over from her shout. The banshee's face tightened in annoyance.

He slashed his sword at her.

She whirled to the side, her undead instincts sharp. The darkness whipped past Morana. She drew in another breath, but the others were on him. Baaghi leaped in from the left. Halia came slashing in from the right while Terra raised her hammer fist and slammed it down at him.

"Yessss!" Paanee hissed and spat her acidic poison.

* * / *

Terra slammed her hammering fist at Anguin as Paanee's acidic spit sizzled through the air. They were all on him. Halia's blessed blade sang. Smerta thrust her ice sword and a long, shadowy polearm slashed down at him, swung by Usiku.

He dodged her hammering blow. She struck the ground with a hard thud. Paanee's acid spit vanished into a dark hole and spat up into the air. Garnet screeched in annoyance. Anguin flowed into the three threats on his right. He dodged Usiku's attack. Her glaive struck the ground. Halia's blessed blade slammed into her father's sword of darkness.

Smerta's sword buried into his side. "Thought you could kill me and not pay, bear fucker!"

A hole of darkness opened beneath Smerta's feet. The valkyrie shouted in shock and then she vanished, falling through the hole. Her scream then came from above. Distant. She had appeared in the skies above Terra.

"Fuck," Terra groaned and swung her clay hammering fist for Anguin's wounded side, Halia slashing at her father. Baaghi's snapping jaws bit for his legs.

* * / *

Smerta burst out of a hole in the sky.

Mrs. Lucina gasped. The angel flapped her wings, soaring towards the falling valkyrie. The angel swooped around Lana Fulmine and dove for Smerta. Wings flapped to propel Mrs. Lucina down as fast she could go. She had to reach the poor Valkyrie.

The wind whipped past Mrs. Lucina. Her halo blazed bright. She tucked her wings in tight now, falling faster. The valkyrie thrust out her hand, fingers twitching. The ground hurtled closer and closer. Mrs. Lucina grabbed Smerta's hand.

She spread her wings wide to stop their fall. The sudden jerk was too much. She didn't have a good enough hold on Smerta. The valkyrie ripped out of the angel's grip and slammed into the grass at bone-breaking speed.

Mrs. Lucina closed her eyes against the pain as she banked around.

* * / *

Halia's attacks were met by her father's black sword. He flicked the blade of night in fast blurs. He slashed at Baaghi, driving back the rakshasa. Usiku's glaive stabbed past Halia, forcing Anguin to twist his body out of the way. Halia slashed.

He parried, moving his blade too fast.

Terra swung her heavy fist. The pummeling attack forced Anguin to dance to the right. His black blade swept out and cut off the golem's head. Her final blow struck him in the shoulder. He grunted. She fell to the ground and vanished.

Halia's stomach lurched. Smerta impacted to the ground nearby. Already, they were dying and it felt like they had done nothing to him. Smerta's stab bled but didn't slow him down. It wasn't blood that poured out of her father's side. It was darkness.

"For Lord Leo!" she cried and slashed at him.

"Whore!" her father spat at her. "How your mother must weep to know who you spread your thighs for!"

"She weeps for the twisted and foul thing you've been transformed into, Father!" Halia screamed back. "You are a warped shadow of who you used to be. No longer a champion. You're more monstrous than the dungeon builders!"

"Attack him," Usiku sent through their telepathy.

Halia swung at her father. Their swords came together in a clash of light and dark. Usiku's glaive slashed in for his head, a decapitating blow. Baaghi lunged in at the same time, giving Anguin nowhere to retreat to.

A shadowy hole opened beneath Usiku. The fomorian must have been ready for it. She abandoned her attack and rolled forward, just getting clear as the portal appeared around her. She hit the grass in a tumble and didn't fall to her death like poor Smerta had.

Anguin knocked back Halia and turned to slash at Baaghi.

Maya crashed into the shadowy man. Her water body flowed around him like a crashing wave.

* * / *

Maya engulfed Anguin. She covered his face and head with her body. She would drown the bastard. He would perish in her liquid body. She hated doing it, but what choice did she have. They were dying. She would end this.

Maya smothered the terrible man. Her watery flesh rippled around him. There was nothing he could do. She had him. His sword through her watery flesh. He tried to cut her off, but that didn't matter.

She flowed around him.

I have you! flashed through the Undine's mind. She wouldn't let up. She would keep drowning him until he died. He wouldn't kill Leo. She wouldn't let him hurt him. Maya was happy in this world. She would fight to keep that happiness.

Darkness washed over her. She floated weightless for a moment. Then she was falling. She gasped as she re-formed into her body, the ground coming up at her fast. She hit a moment later. Her watery body compressed from the impact. She pressed down into a large, bulging disk, waves rippling over her exterior.

She hardly felt the impact as pain. She rebounded into her girl form a heartbeat later, lying on her back. She heard screams. Shouts. She sat up to see people running by her. Briesmoni stopped to stare down at her in shock, the orc's thick hair swaying around her face.

"Maya?" the orc asked.

"ASSHOLE!" screamed Maya as she realized she was on the edge of the village.

* * / *

Darkness washed over Anguin as Maya held him. She vanished.

Mrs. Zoe Baldwin's heart lurched for that girl she had known for so many years. There was nothing to do, though, so the dryad sent her roots to grab Anguin as he battled with Halia, Baaghi, and Usiku. Paanee slithered up and slammed her tail at Anguin. He twisted and dodged as the dryad dug her roots through the soil of the green.

This had not worked out well last time, but Mrs. Baldwin hoped the element of surprise would help. Anguin dodged the tail. He went to cut Paanee in half only for Halia's blessed blade to catch his shadow sword. Usiku's polearm swung at him, forcing the bastard to dodge away. He slammed an elbow into Baaghi's jaw, knocking her back.

Mrs. Baldwin's roots burst out of the ground and snagged his feet, holding him in place. He lurched and snarled in shock. Paanee hissed. Her blue-scaled tail slashed out and slammed around his torso, holding him in place. He yanked his sword arm clear and slashed at Paanee.

Baaghi's head shot in. Her feline jaws clamped down his sword arm. She arrested the blow, holding him steady. Mrs. Baldwin smiled. Then she gasped in delight as Leo, who had been hanging back with Isatu, burst into a run.

Her son, as magnificent as ever, charged up and thrust his hand against Anguin's back. A shiver ran through Mrs. Baldwin. The dryad's big breasts quivered.

"Cold and hungry, let the power of Lord Nergal consume!" roared Leo.

Anguin screamed, his head throwing back as the death magic attacked him.