Durmantravada Ch. 01

Story Info
A family moves back to their spooky ancestral house in India.
4.7k words
4.47
31.8k
52

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/03/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
gandharva
gandharva
84 Followers

Disclaimer: All characters described in the story are above the age of 18. All relationships described are also between consenting adults. The author does not condone any underage or unlawful sexual activity.

Note: The word Durmantravada in multiple Indian languages refer to black magic and dark arts.

Chapter 1- A New Beginning

As the car carrying his family wound its way around the rice paddies and endless coconut groves that dotted the land, Atharva couldn't help but feel apprehensive about the big move. Having spent his entire life in the middle east, his family had decided to relocate to their ancestral home just outside the city of Trivandrum in the tiny state of Kerala in India. Their father had decided to stay back and continue his cushy job in Dubai, leaving his mom and two sisters to move back home. The main reason for this move was the fact that Atharva and his twin sister Asha had been admitted to colleges near their new home. While Atharva had opted for an engineering degree in Computer science, Asha had managed to bag a prestigious scholarship to a local med school. This coupled with the fact that his elder sister Veena had found a well-paying job back home in Kerala meant that it made sense for the family to move back.

His mother Nirmala was as apprehensive about the move as Atharva. A strikingly beautiful middle-aged woman of 40, she had led a relatively sheltered existence for the past two decades. As a young bride of 19 she had emigrated with her husband, a man she barely knew at the time. Over the next two decades, they had built a happy and satisfying life there often under challenging conditions. Her marriage was conventional yet quite satisfying for the most part. For her whole life she had played the role of a good Indian wife and a doting mother.

She and her husband had enjoyed a very satisfying sex life initially. However, as he climbed up his career ladder, he had found other outlets for his release thus leaving Nirmala unsatisfied. She knew a fair deal about his infidelities, and yet had never voiced her concerns for the fear of losing her comfortable life. Instead she had poured her time and attention to raising her three precious kids up. Her kids were everything to her and she was absolutely proud of their accomplishments. Her eldest daughter was a journalist and had just bagged a cushy job with one of the largest media groups in the country. The twins meanwhile were smart as hell and highly accomplished in their respective fields of study. Apart from the deep love she had for each of them, there was also the vicarious pleasure she received from her kids' success.

As the car neared the corner of their home to be, Nirmala peered at the giant house that had come to view. This was her ancestral tharavad, her family home in which she had grown up. Built in the traditional naalukettu style of Kerala, the building was almost two centuries old, and yet looked as new as it could be. The red tiled roof that gave it the appearance of a pyramid looked as clear and strong as ever. The house was freshly painted at the instructions of the family and seemed to gleam in the morning sunlight.

The house which was more of a traditional mansion consisted of four giant wings built around a central open courtyard and could easily accommodate about 10 families. Indeed, Nirmala had grown up in the house in such a joint family with about 20 uncles, aunts and cousins before moving out to live with her husband after her wedding. The rest of the family members had all migrated or died out and the house had lain empty for well over a decade. By a strange coincidence of legalities, she had come to inherit the house and its surrounding land, which did not sit well with her aunts and cousins most of whom had turned quite hostile to her family.

Her husband had initially suggested selling it, and they were in the process of talking with a few prospective buyers when Atharva and Asha announced their admissions to colleges near the home. When Veena announced her new job in Kerala, the decision was made to move back into their giant inheritance. The plan was for her husband to return home with his family after a couple of years of working, by when he hoped to have a hefty sum saved for retirement. Although Nirmala highly doubted if he would quit his job anytime soon. She had a strong suspicion that her place in their Dubai home would be taken up by some young bimbo looking for a quick career bump.

Although the thought nauseated her, she was still determined to stay loyal to her husband. Her sexuality was an aspect that she kept suppressed deep within her and she was quite determined not to create any scandal in her new place. Her family was a quite respected and well-known ancient family of the region and as the eldest female descendant she was the titular kettilamma or matriarch of the household. Besides her husband was a good provider and a good father for her kids and was quite caring towards her as well in general. She therefore saw no reason to leave him or initiate infidelities of her own.

The car came to a stop at the house's outer courtyard. Her eldest daughter Veena rushed out of the home and ran to greet her siblings and mother. Veena had flown to Kerala a month ago in order to get started with her job, staying with her friends in Trivandrum. She had also overseen the renovation of the house and had moved in that very morning, waiting for her mother and siblings to arrive.

"How was your trip twerps?" she asked her twin siblings. As the eldest, she loved to mess with and boss around the twins. The siblings had been quite close during childhood, but had drifted apart lately with each of them busy with their activities and hobbies. Nevertheless, their emotional bonds remained strong and each of them felt a great deal of affection towards their siblings.

"I expected a job would make you more mature sis. But I see you are as childish as ever," quipped back the acid tongued Asha. As the most intelligent and studious of the group, her siblings were the only people she ever opened up to.

"Yeah but it has at least made you leaner," said their brother, "how did you lose so much weight in just a month?" Veena had always had a killer body with large tits and an hour glass figure. She had also retained her mother's good looks and looked like a sex goddess in every respect.

"Well I've been working hard, and eating less," she replied hugging her brother. He could smell the jasmine scented perfume that she used which coupled with her large sized tits now sticking out to his chest aroused him and brought him to a semi hard state. She noticed this and winked naughtily at him while releasing him.

The siblings had flirted quite a few times before but had never let things get far. This had mostly involved innuendo, simple lingering touches and seeing each other in underwear. It had all seemed quite innocent to both the siblings. Except for the one incident that they couldn't push out of their minds.

*********

The day more than a month ago had started innocuously enough. The twins had just celebrated their eighteenth birthday six weeks ago. Veena was supposed to leave for Kerala in two days and she was packing up her stuff. Her parents and younger sister were out of home and Atharva was sitting in his room reading a book.

After a while she came to his room with an annoyed look in her face. She was wearing an old green t-shirt hardly reaching her midriff and blue shorts which barely covered her ass. Her small t-shirt accentuated the curves of her tits and Atharva could see that she was wearing nothing underneath.

"Have you seen my red panties?" she asked, looking cross.

"No but I would love to see you in them," he replied tongue in cheek, "and without them too."

"Oh, you wish little brother," she said stressing on the word 'little'. She knew he hated when she called him that. She came closer to him and sitting near him asked, "Now tell me honestly, when did you start stealing my panties?"

"Honestly it wasn't me," he replied smugly, "though you are putting ideas in my mind."

"What would these ideas involve?" she asked.

"Well I wonder what are the things I can do with your panties," he said, his heart fluttering wildly. Gathering his courage, he laid a hand on her soft thighs, moving it towards her waist, "Maybe I'll start now."

"Oh, what makes you think I'm even wearing panties now?" she said seductively. They were both nervous as they maintained eye contact. Both of them wanted to see how far they could go in their little games.

As his erection poked out of his shorts, Veena slowly laid her hands on his crotch, feeling up his hardness through the cloth. At this new turn that their teasing had taken, his dick grew to the maximum hardness it had ever been. He held her with both his hands and pulled her close to him.

Gently she removed his hands from her sides. This annoyed him at first but soon he realised she had other plans in mind. She put her hands on his waist and yanked down his shorts in a swift action, freeing his erection. Her eyes went wide at its size which greatly gladdened his confidence. He knew his cock was not something to be greatly proud of, yet it was above average in length and girth. Moreover, the lack of experience on part of his sister made his tool appear larger than it really was.

Gently she placed her arms on his shoulders and climbed up onto his lap. Looking at him she moved forward to kiss him deeply. The kiss was like electricity flowing through their bodies and was accentuated by the gyrations she maintained with her waist. This almost sent him to heaven; he had never expected to receive a dry humping from his sister.

The siblings' faces were melded together with kisses and caresses. Atharva slowly let his arms rise up from her waist and slipped it under her t-shirt, now slick with sweat. Reaching up his left hand gripped her breasts and he squeezed them hard. She moaned out in ecstasy as she came hard on her brother's cock, drenching her shorts. He sucked hard on her neck, leaving a red mark on her pale skin.

His hands then reached out to her waist and he tried to grip at the elastic of her shorts, aiming to yank it down. She grabbed his hands and said, "Just because I got into your pants doesn't mean you will get into mine little brother. " Seeing him upset at this she guided his hands back to her breasts and kissed his face hard. She also increased her gyrations which helped push him over the edge.

Gripping her ass tightly, he grunted hungrily into her neck as he came hard on her shorts. His cock released multiple jets of cum directly into her crotch area drenching the flimsy piece of clothing with his juices. Finally sated, the siblings collapsed into each other's arms on the bed with smiles on their faces.

After a while Veena disentangled herself from her brother's arms and got up. The front side of her shorts was completely wet with their combined juices. "Wow you've created such a big mess in my clothes", she said looking at her crotch. She touched the wet portion with her fingers and raised them towards her nose, inhaling her brother's aroma.

"Well we could have saved your clothes if only you had agreed to remove them," he replied, determined to keep the game going.

"And where would you have shot this giant load of yours then?" she asked with fake innocence in her voice.

"Inside you of course," he replied trying to appear bold. He also managed a fake smile of confidence.

For a moment a look of wanton desire came to her face, which she quickly replaced with a seductive smile.

"Well just imagine what that would have done to me," she said, "Considering that I'm very fertile right now. In fact, I must be ovulating today."

His deflated cock became erect again at this statement. She looked at it with eyes full of desire.

"Is that what you want little brother?" she said in an almost shaking voice, "To plant a baby in your sister?"

He gave her an unsure smile and averted his eyes. She reached down and took his face in her arms and kissed him deeply. "Someday maybe," she said, "Definitely not now."

*********

The family soon settled into their new home. The four wings of the mansion each contained four bedrooms, two each on the ground and first floors. The North Wing which was the main wing however contained a huge hall-like living room on the ground floor and a palatial master bedroom on its first floor. The west wing ground floor consisted of the kitchen and an elegant dining room.

The South Wing, also called the thekkini was the only wing not cleaned up. This was partly due to the fact that nobody could find its keys at the time of handing over the property. The wing was also peculiarly designed with a single entrance facing outside which was padlocked by the biggest looking lock that anyone had seen. Added to this was the old legends that surrounded the wing which quite popularised the house itself as haunted. Nirmala's grand uncle was the wing's last occupant, and stories that claimed that he was a durmantravadi aka black magician was quite popular. In any case the family had decided not to bother getting the wing opened right away since they didn't need the extra space at all.

Veena arriving first had already made the pick of her bedroom by choosing one of the first-floor bedrooms of the east wing. Asha quickly chose the other one, much to Atharva's chagrin who had hoped to secure the bedroom closest to Veena in the hopes of resuming some of their activities. Sighing, he chose one of the ground floor bedrooms in the same wing. His mother settled into the master bedroom in the North Wing and they decided to leave the two bedrooms of the west wing as study and guest rooms.

The house had seen enough renovation the past two months to make it quite comfortable by modern standards. The plumbing and electricity connections of the house were archaic and was fully refurbished, as were the bathrooms. The rooms themselves were quite large and contained a queen-sized bed on a side and a dresser and table near the window. The bathrooms of each wings were on the upper floor, nestled between the two bedrooms.

This put Atharva in a precarious situation in the evening when, after unpacking his things, he decided to take a shower. Gathering a change of clothes and a towel, he climbed the stairs where he came face to face with his big sister clad only in a towel, coming out of the bathroom. She smiled when she saw him.

"Why it's the little pervert," she said playfully, "Hasn't been even an hour since meeting his sister and here he comes sniffing the moment I take off my clothes."

"What can I say, I have missed you," he said, now painfully erect, "And there are promises to keep to each other."

"Oh, if you think those promises are going to be fulfilled anytime soon, you are grossly mistaken little bro," she said with a wink. She moved to enter the room and close her door. "But we can and will have other fun here," she said, peeking out for a last time before closing her door.

Atharva entered the bathroom with his heart hammering against his chest. They had not had a chance to speak about their encounter afterwards since she left for India immediately after that. Part of him had told him repeatedly that what had happened was wrong, that a brother shouldn't have any kind of sexual thoughts about his sister. But this part of his had been easily suppressed by his desires which saw his sister as its target. The month that followed had been excruciating and only jerking off to the thoughts of that incident had kept him sane. Though they had talked a number of times on the phone throughout the time, they had never brought up anything inappropriate which made him fear that she didn't reciprocate his desires. Now it was clear that she did. He was determined to try out his luck that very night by sneaking into her room.

**********

After lunch he and his twin sister Asha decided to take a walk around the grounds surrounding the house. As kids they had visited the place only once before, on a holiday with their parents. The house had seemed different then; two of his uncles lived there with their families. They had moved out a few years later, leaving the house empty for a long time.

Behind the west wing was the kulam or the private pond of the house. This was where the thamburans or the Lords and ladies of yesteryears bathed. The pond was enclosed on all sides by a tiled courtyard railing which gave it privacy against peeking. The courtyard had two entrances, one for each of the genders. The women's entrance led straight into the west wing, thus giving them additional privacy. As part of the renovation they had also dredged and cleaned the pond and the freshly collected water looked clear and clean.

"Wow we finally have our own private pool," said his sister, "Can't wait to try it out."

"Me too," said Atharva. The twins had never learnt swimming unlike their sister, yet were both fond of water bodies, preferring to just lie around in shallow water.

"We can even ask Veena to teach us swimming," said Asha. The idea appealed to him, as the multiple prospects involved in such a swimming lesson came to his mind. He nodded enthusiastically at the suggestion.

The twins turned back from the pond and ventured to the corner between the East and South wings. "Do you think the place is really haunted?" asked Asha in all earnestness.

"Wow that's some rich superstition coming from a medical student," he said smiling at her. She frowned deeply at him and pointed to the giant tree that stood in the corner.

"Do you know which tree this is?" she asked

"Yeah I guess this is the pala tree mom talks about," I said. The tree was quite notorious in the area. Pala known in English as the Indian Devil Tree was famous in Keralite folk tales and mythologies as the favoured residences of Yakshis, a female spirit who was a cross between a succubus and a vampire. Yakshis, who typically took on the appearance of beautiful women wearing white saris, reportedly loved to lure young men walking past their pala trees and seduce them before killing and drinking their blood. As a kid his mother had regaled them with stories of the Pala at her ancestral home, on which on moonless nights she had seen and heard voices and figures. Multiple times, she had even seen a white clothed figure standing below the tree and looking at her through her window. Ironically, her room then was the very room which Asha had occupied now.

The tree was quite old and humongous. Its trunk consisted of numerous clay humanoid figurines nailed to it years ago. This was apparently the handiwork of the famous necromancer ancestor of their mother, the durmantravadi or sorcerer who last occupied the South wing. Legends said that clay figurines were spirits he had captured from different places who were now imprisoned within the tree. During her childhood, their mother's family had avoided even going near the tree.

As the twins turned away from the tree, they came to the south part of the estate. This side was overgrown with shrubbery and extended for a short distance to the Sarpakavu, or the sacred serpent grove. In the centre of this grove stood the forgotten shrine that stood in honour of the patron serpent deity of the family. All major tharavads or households of the region had a patron serpent deity and maintenance of the grove was said to be essential for the well-being of the family.

The twins found their mother standing in the middle of the clearing in the Grove where the raised platform of the shrine lay. The old stone platform was filled with mid and dead leaves. In the middle three forgotten snake idols stood.

gandharva
gandharva
84 Followers
12