All Comments on 'Easy Thing'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Don’t tell me

After his talk with Ryan, he didn’t get the DNA test done?

The fact that you had her set him up with Ryan is a bad choice and undermines your happy ending.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some readers call him a cuck and her a real cheating bitch.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 4 years ago
Trust an involved party?

Get the DNA test. The same sample will also tell about Down's syndrome and other age related problems.

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 4 years ago

I agree with anon

Lost ground at the end. Destroys whatever redemption Ali had coming.

Bh76Bh76about 4 years agoAuthor
Fair point.

I wanted the story to walk the line of did she or didn’t she. I liked the scene at the bar, but I felt it took some of the tension away. I felt Ali asking Ryan to do that would keep that vagueness and let the reader decide, whether she did or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
you lost me as a fan

I really liked it until you set him up with Ryan and didn't say any more about the DNA test I know feel like she cheated with Ryan or possibly someone else. She is smart in what she did but as a guy I feel she is evil.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sadly...

I have to agree with Anon here. That little bit took away from the ending insinuated in your prologue and the title...

I always love your stories. You are one of the few authors who shoot from the hip....

Keep up the good work

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
So did they do the nasty or not? Is the kid really the hubby's or not?

You had a great story going but trying to throw in another unneeded twist ended up hurting it.

PortnoyishPortnoyishabout 4 years ago

I'm on the bandwagon with all the people who said the bar scene ruined the story. You've portrayed a inconsistent, vacillating wife through 95% of the story. Then you turn her into a conniving, manipulative woman at the last second.

Instead of leaving us thinking, "Did she or didn't she?" it leaves us thinking, "Well, that's the most inconsistently-drawn character I've read about today."

Honestly, it's so jarring that I'd submit an edit and remove that scene so that future readers can enjoy the story for what it is.

And this is pure Loving Wives. Wife decides husband isn't enough; wife decides to leave; wife starts emotional affair; hints that wife may actually have committed the affair...that's TEXTBOOK Loving Wives. The very fact that you say you wanted us to wonder if she had the affair puts it there. You can't point to a single aspect that's romantic in this.

Finally, an editorial note. When a single person is speaking and their speech runs to multiple paragraphs, each of those paragraphs starts with quotes. It was kind of jarring to have to go back and say, "Oh, that was spoken." Starting quotes on each paragraph, ending only on the last one. Like this:

"This is my first paragraph.

"And then I'm going to give you another one.

"And then a third."

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
Great story...Wrong turn

You screwed the pooch on this one by trying to add an extra twist. All you did was confuse your readers...well, at least me. I have to assume the slut wife screwed Ryan and he impregnated her. When can we expect part 2? No part 2? Then the STORY is incomplete. You have the potential to take this into another dimension with several more parts. While I'm disappointed that you clearly didn't finish your job here, I gave you a 5 anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Anonymous

This now needs a follow up with retribution! The ending turned this into a loving wives story. I really do like your work.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 4 years ago
What happened?

That last phone call between Ryan and Ali has me confused. Messed up a reasonably good story. *

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
You let it up to the reader,

So here's my two cents. First, she earned any and all of the grief that came her way. Frank told her that if she dated a man, he'd divorce her. Then she lied about it, lying to her entire family. Initially, when she tried to come home, he told her No, good choice, I think, even if he relents later... Instill a bit more fear in her, facing consequences for actions. Then, Frank decides to take her back, but I had uneasy feeling about it, considering that she moved out to date this guy, so "never doing anything" seemed unlikely. Also even after all she had admitted to, she didn't grasp the "Husband Test" very well.

Then, pregers, right at the wrong time. I would have insisted on a DNA test, BEFORE I committed to staying married. Ryan wondering into Frank's watering hole & providing that story, one that caused Frank to forget about DNA, smelled like a rat.

The last straw, after all that had gone down, she calls asshole, supposedly thanking him for setting Frank's mind at ease... can't buy that.

If Ryan was not her lover, why in the world would she trust him to tell that story - he called her a cock tease. It's more likely that he'd fuck her over... unless he's figuring on tapping that some more, not to mention the risk of Frank finding out that she had called the guy.

No sir; the way it adds up to me is she quelled Frank's concern over the baby's DNA and reestablished a connection with her lover.

The wife's phrasing during the phone call sounded to me like a cheater.

I prefer a more concise end, perhaps, 10 years down the road a little baby boy looks just like Ryan & Frank knows the truth, finally!

management91399management91399about 4 years ago

Nice job, I'm glad I started following you because the catagories on Lit confuse me a bit and when I go looking for something to read to hold my interest most of the stuff I like occurs in LW or Novels. But it's hard to get a feel for a story when an author (Not you, this is in general) just post a short sentence description. No dust jacket or back of the book blurb to scan and the decide. So I normally don't think I'd like anything in Romance because of the impression that I'm reading something that in print and not online would have Fabio on the cover in a pirate shirt looking off into the horizon. But because I have you in my author feed I figured I'd give it a try and yeah it's like most of LW stuff I tend to go through. So I have rethink how I gather my reading material. But this I liked, it is a classic LW story but you dropped that little bomb at the end. And it's funny because yeah I'm reading a semi-LW story and all i can think of is, these idiots will have a teenager when they're pushing 60! I think a little more time inside our characters heads, mostly for the wife and her motivations might have fleshed it out a little more. I mean by the time she actually LEAVES she's realized he's right and she's wrong so why the hell is she leaving, to get it on or really leave. It would have been less disruptive for her to have an affair and not make a stink about her marriage. So she's bad at cheating, or maybe while she hadn't admitted it to herself she was pushing herself into that position. But this is fertile (pun intended) ground here if you want to continue now that there is a secret or is there a secret. If you return to this in a prequel or sequel it would be interesting to to take the temperature in the relationship, how did they get there and where are they going. Thanks!

carindenniscarindennisabout 4 years ago

Have to agree with the crowd, good story till she conspired with the asshole.

Left me thinking she fucked him.

3*

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
So she did cheat

It will all come out eventually. The kid won't look like Frank or it's half sisters either. She only delayed the sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why?

Is this in Romance? This is almost a cliche of how Loving Wives it is.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"Almost immediately he started coming on to me." - At which point you shut him down because you're a married woman.

Why would Frank have recognized Ryan? They never met, and Ryan doesn't know Frank saw the web site, or does he?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I don't mind the bar scene, and I don't blame him for believing Ryan over Ali; as far as he knows, Ryan has no motive to lie.

My problem, the same as many others, was showing the bar scene was a set up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wrong category.

Nothing romantic about cheating and cuckolding some port nitwit with another man's child.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Don’t forget

Ryan was in FRANKS NEIGHBORHOOD BAR. Ryan knows the bartender by name and she him. Unless she’s in on it too, which I doubt. Frank has merely noticed Ryan before. Now, she’s guilty - it’s not Franks kid. She knew she was knocked up when she tried to come home the first time. The ONLY reason Ryan helps Ali save her marriage to a guy he probably hates is to avoid responsibility for the kid and the perverse pleasure of cuckolding Frank. “I can’t believe I got pregnant at 40!” She’s used to not using protection with Frank. But, this new guy? - Oops!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 4 years ago
Funny

Just couldn't help yourself, could you?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Same old cuck shit! Never start a story off with "Honey we have to talk". It's always a damn cuck story! Shows no creativity

ReaderectionReaderectionabout 4 years ago
But why would he

As others note, this is clearly a Loving Wives story with no Romance in it.

I think it fails in the attempt to create ambiguity about the ending. First, going to such lengths not to finish the story is horrible story telling. Second, we do know what happened. Ryan was angry at her after the attack and told her to stay away. There is no reason for him to help her later if he’s not the father. If he is or could be the father he would have reason to do it to to avoid the paternity claim.

Really needs a follow-up which finishes the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
SOOOOO, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PATERNITY TEST?........

Hopefully the kid is born with enough physical differences that Frank becomes suspicious and gets the test. Then when the results come back showing he couldn't possibly be the father, he dumps that cheating slut in the most painful, embarrassing way possible. The daughters are obviously on his side as well as cheap cunts family so everyone deserts her. Please write that sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not romance and not for me

This is the typical crap they have in the loving wives category. You have the cheating selfish wife and the wimpy husband. I give you props for the name though, Easy thing was good title because the wife was a sure easy thing for her lover.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

Waiting for the romance. Thus story was just a LW btb setup.

Was the baby his? What were the results of the DNA test? Giving us that last phone call tells us she did fuck the guy and the baby was the boyfriends. Hope part 2 is written where hubbie works it out and gives her a royal BTB and a second visit to lover boy.

KRD19254KRD19254about 4 years ago

So the bar scene by Ryan was a setup by Ali... Hope Frank still has a DNA test conducted.

BTW - this is a LW not Romance story - unless you're seeking rating stars from a far easier L-Group?

As a Romance it sucked, 2*. As a LW the DNA was a big miss, but his twins were GREAT, 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
confused

the ending confused me.

Why if she didnt have sex and the guy was attacked would he help her out by the bar scene?

A cover to not do a paternity test?

It made it seem like she was a cheater.

so we need a ch 2 please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

If I were Frank, Ali would be history. If she is not grown up enough to know or prevent a man from hitting on her, then she is not wife material.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
No Point In Me

Just reiterating the same thoughts others had about the true paternity of the baby, the setup in the bar and the did she or didn't she. I know what I think and I hope they did do a DNA test, but it wouldn't have been an issue for me. If I hadn't had her served after finding out about her lunch date she would have been after the family intervention. Regardless, contrary to others I had a good time, glad it wasn't me. Oh, wait, it was a long time ago. Signed: BTW

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
No rating.

This needs finished.

Left a very bad taste in the mouth.

Please finish if you haven't already.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
P.S.

To everyone guessing, she absolutely fucked Ryan and the child probably is his.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
On reflection....

I got so caught up in this that I missed the detail about the hospital conversation where Ryan admitted nothing sexual happened.

That still leaves a perplexing question about the setup she had Ryan do to Frank.

A DNA test would have proven who's baby she was carrying but maybe she didn't want Frank thinking she had sex at all with anyone else even if he fathered her child.

I guess it makes some kind of sense though it was conveyed oddly.

I still wish there was a follow up at least for clarification.

Good hook regardless.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 4 years ago
The beer in these stories is good.

Just saying.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Unanswered

This story really needs an answer,who is the father?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
THIS TIME WILL BE THE LAST TIME

Had she left me to "find herself", she wouldn't be back. She's a lying ho that messed up big time. She'd get hers and asshole would probably not be found. Maybe HER too...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
More then one lie

She had the guy lie to her husband , So did he have sex with her or not. Just who is the baby daddy? Need to finish the story

beanburner69beanburner69almost 4 years ago
Wait

Wait, some short story. I gave you 5 stars, good story, BUT if you don't have part 2 it's the last 5 stars you will get from me. Part 2 should be the family finds out the truth.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

We need more. The DNA test results?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ending

I guess you can read it two ways. I read it as that was the last time he wanted to talk to her. I guess many read it the other way. A great opportunity to write the rest and remove doubts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
We got left guessing?

Only a complete fool wouldn't have the baby's DNA tested. A smart man does it behind his wife's back. But he does it. I guess you felt this was the clever way to end the story but I like my stories to end in concrete. This ended in mud. Not good.

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago
Do a part two.

Later the husband thinks the explanation is a little over the top.

Gets the guy's dna.

Has the baby's dna tested.

After a few months the guy is found burned to death in a property he was showing in the late evening.

The wife is concerned.

Husband says "accidents happen"

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
6 months after our daughter was born she became very distressed.

She was crying as if in pain. We took her to the doctor and she was diagnosed with Sickle Cell Anemia,

Well neither of my two daughters had this inherited disease so I knew something was wrong. Neither my wife or I had it in our families so I decided to check out Ryan Davis and guess what? Yes you guessed it. His family had a history of CSA so now I knew the truth.

When I confronted my wife she confessed to one night of passion with Ryan. Well how was I going to react. I am a pretty calm guy so I told her we would raise this little bundle of joy as our own BUT RYAN will have to pay support.

He chose to be an arsehole as far as paying support was concerned until my daughters friends paid him a visit again (They eventually ended up marrying these guys and we had many fun times together). He agreed to pay support for his daughter until she was 21 and put aside a reasonable sum for her college education.

I treated the girl like she was my own daughter and we got really close. When she was 18 my wife and I informed her she was not my biological daughter but I loved her no matter what. She told me I was always going to be her Dad and she did not want to ever meet her bio dad. That made me feel really good.

I stayed with my wife after our daughter (yes she is my daughter even though I did not provide the sperm) left home and we are still together.

However Ryan had some very bad luck. He not only got beaten up very year (amazingly my daughters birthday, Go figure) but he ran into problems business wise. He was one of the worst agents and was eventually let go.

He kept failing at every thing he tried. No I did not. I put it down to KHARMA.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
She cheated but no intercourse

As I read it there was no real mention from Ali to Ryan or visa versa that they had sexual intercourse. Maybe something else could have occurred but it was not mentioned. I think the call at the bar was to get husband to believe her not just to do not do a DNA test. She said he was back to normal, she didn't say something like "he bought the story". Had he known about the call he would again find one more deceitful trick she played and I am sure this time she would be out.

I find it hard to believe there was no divorce. She never really explained the separation and drifting apart as she failed to see it was her work that kept them apart. Then to take the advice of a friend over a husband? Then to go on dates when she knew it was wrong?

This guy may love her but I would have divorced. If we got back together again so be it but she needs to know the penalty.

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

I just reread this after reading "It Never Goes Away".

I have read most of you stories. Maybe, we need a little family tree document to keep track.

I was confused whether Jesse was Ali's brother or Sarah was her sister. I thought that Frank only had the twins and the child that was a a result of this story.

BTW was a DNA test ever done?

I love all your stories, thanks for writing.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Ali called Ryan to thank him for covering her cheating?? Needs a DNA test ASAP!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
wait......what??

So did she really cheat and got Ryan to lie or what?? That little interlude just causes some confusion to be honest, its hard to know if we're supposed to infer from that conversation that they did cheat and she got ryan to lie or if he just agreed to "accidentally" bump into the husband and give his spiel.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 3 years ago
For those of you wondering if Ryan and Ali did the nasty...............

They didn't.

In a story about Ryan called, "In the mirror", Ryan admits to all of his faults and the fact he is a douchebag that hits on married women. He talks about how he got beat up while trying to bed Ali Chambers and the fact he didn't even get to Bang her.

He also talks about how when hitting on his female boss, she kneed him in the nutsack, and once again, he didn't even get anywhere with her. This is from the story, "I just wanna".

I do like how many of these characters are tied in here and there in other stories.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Confused

I'm confused on the controversy over whether Ryan fucked Ali?? In the phone conversation they had when she called him in the hospital he called her a cock tease and said that was why they never fucked. There would have been no reason to deny it in that conversation if they had. So why all the controversy?? I'll agree I would still demand a DNA test if I was Frank not knowing about that conversation. If I was the daughters I'd have the boys give Ryan one more beat down just to be sure he got the message because he still seems to be an arrogant prick.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 3 years ago

It feels unfinished.

Is the baby his or not ?

knoxhardknoxhardover 3 years ago
Serve her with divorce papers

She moved out. He warned her that she was still married. She got caught having a lunch date. That should have triggered an ultimatum.

At this point hubby, should have met with her and told her that another date or anything that failed husband test means divorce. No discussion, no quibbles, no negotiation. If he, in his sole judgment, believes she strayed too far, he files. They should never have gotten to the intervention. She'd already gone way, way too far over the line at that point. (and she basically confesses that she wasn't innocent in her infatuation later on)

After the ultimatum, continue having all family members on board monitoring her. If she went on another date, have divorce papers served ASAP. At that point, she has but one course of action. Full and complete recognition that she was 100% at fault, abject apologies, and heavy individual and couples counseling. Anything less and the divorce goes through. And get daughters on board with that course and as many of her family members as he can.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Divorce. She was cheating in every aspect. The dna test would prove it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wheres the ending?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The vast majority of literary consumers do not like endings that are written to be ambiguous. There is an implied contract between author and reader. One aspect of this agreement is that in exchange for the time and effort put into reading the literary work, the author puts forth his/her best effort to make it a rewarding experience. When the author leaves a major aspect of the plot in doubt, most readers conclude the contractual terms were not met. Introducing that doubt in the last few sentences comes across as the author smirking while giving the middle finger.

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

Have to admit, this is not romance, but LW. Your twist at the end screwed up a decent story. And yes, what did happen to the paternity test?

The ending was not the end.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 3 years ago

You stuffed up the end, was it his or the lovers? Do the end of the story again and finish it properly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

We all say the same thing. Do the DNA test. I don't care what the guy at the bar said, having it done as a rub it in her face move to show that all trust is gone and we have to start building it up again slowly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FRANK IS A WIMP LOSER FOR TAKING THE CHEATING SLUT WIFE BACK!!

HER PARENTS ARENONE THE BETTER FOR FORCING HIM TO TAKE THEIR SLUT DAUGHTER BACK.....REALLY LOVED YOUR STORIES AND THIS WAS REALLY DISAPPOINTING

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

SLUT WIFE AND RYAN COLLUDING TILL THE END.....THAT DNA TEST SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE....FRANK ISNT THE FATHER....YOU WANT TO FIX YOUR MARRIAGE BY MOVING OUT AND DATING ANOTHER MAN....FRANK AND SLUT WIFE WERENT EVEN HAVING SEX BECAUSE OF HER LATE NIGHT WORK SCHEDULES

SHE IS A CHEAT AND FRANK IS A CLUELESS WIMP TO TAKE THE LYING BITCH BACK

ctdansctdansalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for your response to the comments where you state you were looking for a did she or didn't she. You achieved it.

I say she did simply because if she didn't;t all she needs to do is get a DNA test done now and show husband the results. She doesn't need the "other man" story at all to prove it is his child. Since she may not know it is his child she does need the husband to forgo the DNA test and she has nine months to sweat out how the child will look and hope that in the childs lifetime the never need a dan test. OH and hope the blood type matches her and her husbands and not one of things where the blood test alone determines the child is not his.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Glad to see a story of someone coming to their senses before it's to late. My wife didn't. We are still together but it will never be like it was before. Our children don't know and hope they never do. I wanted to beat the tar out of the womanizer but decided he wasn't worth me going to jail or penitentiary and I told my wife. She said she was glad I didn't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So he still needs that DNA test right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Need another chapter. Looks like she's seeking behind his back having lover boy talking to husband.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

I think every LW story has in common at least 80% of the exact same comments! Commenters lament the fact that a story is full of clichés, tropes and memes, but most of the readers miss any degree of subtlety or nuance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

SO THE SLUT GOT AWAY WITH IT!

ZEROZEROZERO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
When is the next chapter?

Follow up with a DNA test.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 2 years ago

DNA test anyway. Pulling that out by the wife contacting Ryan? That just floored me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, I didn’t see that coming. And I’m still not quite sure just what I saw when it came. Did she or didn’t she? Or was she hungry for attention and trying to make her husband jealous? I admit that, like a number of other here, I expect and probably prefer a tiny ending. But life isn’t worth like that, and I found the ambiguity or uncertainty … interesting. Thanks.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - it is one thing to get caught in the middle of an infidelity - however, it is quite another to use a simulated infidelity to regenerate your failing marriage, or trying to cover up an infidelity. In this story, it is hard to tell which it is - especially with NO ENDING.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 2 years ago

Liked the writing very much but it kinda puts a bad aftertaste in for people who read Frank and Ali's story, "Anything for my Baby."

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Slut Ali

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ali knows for sure, that Frank is the father of this baby. Anything else would make no sense, because a DNA test is still on the table. She could not prevent this in the future, even if Frank believes her at the moment. After the birth Frank and the Family would carefully watch any resemblance of this babyto his father.

If there is even a slight possibility, that Ryan or someone else made her pregnant, she would have selected a different option. Either run away with Ryan or (more likely) get an abortion.

Lying to Frank about paternity would be the end of all hopes for reconciliation. Their is no reason to take this big risk. And because the only 100% save method of birth control is no sex at all, Ali didn't had intercourse with anyone other than her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If she has any brains she'll still get him that DNA test.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She went on dates and her family saw that! How is she so easily forgiven? Sex or not he was far too easy on her. One of the stories on LW that I truly hate as it gets me so angry.

goodshoes2goodshoes2about 2 years ago

Where's the DNA test results? And she planned with Ryan to have him talk to her husband at the bar?

He should have BTB. Who's baby is it? What a load of crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Clever, well written, must give the five.

If I rated it how much I "liked" it, how good I felt after reading it, definitely a -10. It left me feeling sick. Negative closure!

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

Sometimes being a Woman is just too damn easy Oh sorry for being an Insuffearble bitch it's fucking hormones! I know as guys we simply don't get alot of the shit women go through but for fucks sake sometimes you just feel like saying "You know what get the fuck out and complain to your next victim"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

poor cuck .

rally fucked himself by not getting a dna test

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hated it. Never reading anything by this author again.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFireover 1 year ago

It was almost really sweet but that last bit involving her and Ryan ruined this for me. One star

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

Just wtf happened here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wouldn't have taken her back anyway so the DNA test wouldn't happen unless during the divorce she said she was pregnant. Then of course I would do the DNA testing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really, the bitch's parents want to read Frank the riot act when their daughter was a cheating whore!! John and Ann bastards and their intervention makes Frank less of a man!! FUCKING family running interference

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

THIS WRITER IS A WEAK WIMPY CUCK SO HIS STORIES HAVE WEAK WIMPY CUCK MCs

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure why all the negative comments. The DNA test will confirm that the child is his and not Ryan's. W we know from an earlier discussion that they never had sex of any type, not rvrn kissing, with Ryan calling her prick tease. Yes she used Ryan to back channel information about their dating to her husband. But without it he may not ne able to move past her terrible judgment. It was good she came to realize her addiction to her real estate job was rhe root cause of her unhappiness. But yes moving out to solve your marriage when infidelity has not yet occurred is crazy. She had mental anxiety / depression regarding her marriage but stimulated by her zeal for her job, which she gave up. Bigger question is wasn't she a contraceptive while separated?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reading these comments below I am confused. Why is Ali a slut? Sure she made a huge error in judgment pushing for a trial separation because she is feeling unhappy, but for reasons largely due to her intense focus on work and leaving would not allow them to be fixed. But a slut? We know from a phone call that she had with Ryan after he got roughed up that they did not even kiss. It was only 2 weeks into the separation when the daughters saw them. The child is hers. Get your heads out of the gutter. That is at least how the author wrote it. If you think otherwise then you are writing your own story. Ryan and Ali did not have sex. Did not even kiss. After the beatdown/stomp he wanted no part of her. He only helped at her behest to tip the husband over the edge by giving him another perspective. And based on their earlier phone conversation (where they have no reason to lie to each other), he told the truth. Who cares is she asked for help. She was stuck with a passed off husband who freaked when he heard she was pregnant. While I feel for the husband, he got paranoid when that news dropped. She will get a DNA test. Chill out. The reason she left was her job. It was consuming her life like an obsession and distancing her from her family. If you want to think that she should be burned and divorced because she had steamy sex then go for it but then it ain't Ryan and must have been someone before (or after when watched by family) the separation. But if so that is your own story. Go ahead and publish that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Don't worry, I'm going to delete it. I just wish you didn't have to talk to him at all, I wish he would've just believed me."

=== aptly and succinctly summarizes why she needed Ryan's help. And we know from their other call after Ryan got stomped that it is the truth. So not sure why so many people want to burn her. Roughly a third of divorces are filed for reasons have zero to do with infidelity. And 30% of filed divorces are stopped mutually by consent of both parties.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why would he want her back?

jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

Much easier to like now that we know Frank did get the DNA Test done, and didn't get suckered by Ryan's act in the bar scene.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
wtf?

I stopped after half a page. It seems to me this woman has brain damage.

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

What a switch, damn

gopher25gopher25about 1 year ago

I hope Frank has the good sense to have a paternity test done when the baby is born.

TechumsahTechumsahabout 1 year ago

@gopher25 read the follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@Techumsah what follow up? I may have missed it.

NotSomeBubbaNotSomeBubbaabout 1 year ago

Another poster alluded to a sequel - if one exists, I sure can't find it.

The final conversation between Ali and Ryan raised more questions than it answered, so a follow-up story would be interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That conversation between Ali and Ryan essentially makes it that she was a cheating slut. Disappointing twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

y,For those who are curious the sequel story is It Never Goes Away, that deals with Frank and Ali's daughter finding love but also details the aftermath of the separation.

Bh76Bh76about 1 year agoAuthor

After all this time I’m still surprised at the hate this story gets. As this was part of a group of stories involving these characters, Frank and Ali’s resolution was included in the beginning of my story called “In The Mirror.” It answers without a doubt the question of the child’s actual father. Thanks for reading.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories