All Comments on 'Edited Out'

by DeYaKen

Sort by:
  • 150 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm certain I have read this exact story minus the covid shit on this site before. Is this yours or someone else's?

vazkor13vazkor13about 3 years ago

Just love it...

5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very good story really enjoyed reading it. It's also very current to times in the UK. We lost a family member to Covid last year. So the story struck a chord.

Hope you don't get to much crap from the BTB trolls. Despite warning them it isn't a BTB story you will no doubt get comments from them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
writing is excellent

I can feel the drama and his pain. But in the end just another cheating wife who gets away with it. Maybe it won't happen again but she will forever have the fond memories or the excitement and sex with a younger guy while hubby remembers the pain and how he stayed for the children while he manages to get by as #2 guy.

Somehow he has to make her truly feel guilt and shame for years to come. I do hope the kids and family know of her cheating so every time friends and family see her she knows they know she is a cheating slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Trust...

...how do you trust someone who has betrayed your trust before...not just once ...but again and again...

How do you begin to believe someone who has mocked your belief in her before?

How how how??? I don’t think marriage will stand the test of time and once the kids leave it will unravell...

I feel all her reasonings are more to do with the female ego not being able to accept that the man in her life is willing to give her up so easily and that is all that it is which I forcing her to keep trying to win him over...

Once she gets that and the complacency and excitement dips later years...WHATS to stop her going down the Excitement path again or him to have an affair of his own to get back his self respect?? Would have been better to part now and save a lot of grief and wasted years later!

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

A good story, you ended it well with no real ending. I’m a BTB fan, but you put together a reasonable story. He is a cuckold in every sense of the word and he said he is essentially thinking about the kids. The wrong thing to make such a decision about.

Will they survive?

Maybe in your world, but you left enough there in the closing paragraphs for readers to consider that he still might leave her. God knows she deserves it.

She was and is a selfish bitch.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Sigh. Such good writing for a mediocre story.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Excellent read

Very well written, although I'm partial to a btb like many readers here, that was just a great story whatever happened. (I must be reading too much US work as I had to check spelling of 'focussed', you of course were quite correct).Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good Story thanks for the read!

Cheating is about entitlement. Being truly sorry is about humility. True remorse is a deep awareness that infidelity broke a sacred trust, and you are not owed reconciliation. Real remorse understands that reconciliation is a risky investment.

"If it takes the rest of my life I'm going to do whatever it takes to get it back."

Well, put your money where your mouth is...because it just make take that long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Good one

Enjoyed the story. Realistic, and I hate cuck stories but sometimes life is complicated. Black and white BTB ain’t all it’s cracked up to be.

More importantly, I can’t believe that someone invited to participate in the elite author event thinks Randi’s name is Black Rand and that she’s a man. 🤦🏻‍♂️

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

cuck story with no cuck tag

one star for lying to the audience

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
By far the worst story of the End of the Affair challenge

So what she cheated on her husband repeatedly for months, went to dally with her lover while her hubby was at home taking care of their children, so what she lied to him repeatedly, she stayed by his side when contracted corona virus. She deserves a medal for that, right? That's enough for the husband to forget the humiliation that she made him go through. You portrayed him as a weak (both physically and pychologically),gutless, indecisive shadow of a man who's totally at mercy of his wife and portrayed the cheating wife as kind of a hero. Never one in the story does your hero say "I'm genuinely sorry for what I did." What does she say instead? "He was a hotter lover than you". If that's what being brutally honest means to you, then please don't submit your stories here anymore. Totally disappointed with you, Deyaken.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story from a great author

The o ly nitpick I have is that it barely had anything to do with the theme. Yes, she ended the affair, but he already knew about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was a good, well written story (despite the funny English accent /s). I didn’t care for the ending as I don’t believe sh e did enough to warrant forgiveness and certainly not enough to warrant any trust. But I think it’s still a 5 for quality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fuck the haters. You wrote a convincing story and a convincing reconciliation. It's not a raac, but the he-man women haters never stop using it. There is a difference between accepting continued disrespect and infidelity out of fear of moving on or a lack of self respect and a reconciliation based upon total contrition, self awareness of fault and a willingness to do the heavy lifting in repairing the marriage.

This was lovely really. -starsong1977

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago
Loved it

Why do people always think if it's not a BTB story then the husband must be a Cuckold. If he didn't know and approve of the affair then he was just a spouse that was cheated on. Love is one of the strongest emotions there is and can survive an affair. Not all do but I would say the odds of surviving an affair are higher then not. If there are kids it gets even higher. Trust will always be the hardest thing to repair and may never be what it was and maybe that's the way it should be. It was her husbands trust that allowed her to believe that she could get away with the affair in the first place. Hate is probable the hardest emotion to maintain. Humans are not inclined to hate. It just is not in our nature.

The story was a slow start but got easier as I got further into it. I thought it was realistic and timely. I like happy endings were possible and this was one of the times that it made sense. Thank you for the story so we could escape reality for a short time.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

She may regain his love, but not his trust!

5

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

Compelling tale of redemption. A ‘road to Damascus’ moment to steal your words. Issy’s transformation is a bit lacking credibility, but then again, being raped, having her family implode, and her husbands near death might be enough of a kick in the ass to awaken her conscience. A hopeful conclusion. Well conceived and executed. A treat to read. Thanks much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story, but some betrayals really aren’t forgivable.

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 3 years ago
Ah, if we were not humans

Very well written story. The author is very good expressing feelings, frustrations, as well as joy and pleasure. Most beautiful women know they are beautiful and can use that for their advantage. When a handsome, self-assured, younger man seduces her after 10 years of marriage and raising two children, acting like a younger self is irresistible. It's life. It has happened and it will happen. I enjoyed the open ended finale. Rebuilding trust is very difficult. But Christians can embrace the concept of giving grace to those who offended us. It's a choice. Again, they may fail, but mostly due to their small children it's worth to try to see if they can repair their relationship. Thanks for the interesting story. I enjoyed it immensely. A well-deserved 5* story.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Good writing. I don't love the ending, since the situation seems a bit contrived for her to have her Florence Nightingale moment that eventually wins him over, but I can see why he would see the upside of keeping her around. Overall, while it's not the way I would've liked it to pan out, can't really fault the way you managed it.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Good story but one thing really made me question how deep her love for her husband and desire for her marriage to survive if after only 2days of walking on eggshells made her think "Is this the way it's going to be from now on? I asked myself. 'If it is I'm not sure we can make it." Certainly wasnt written like someone who really wanted to do what was needed to make it right.

That rather ruined what was too easy an ending of a RAAC story.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 3 years ago
Great

You are one of the best.

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 3 years ago
Reconciliation

Although she likes to stress that she had broken with Mark, I'm certain that Harry could wish that it hadn't taken being raped to make her decision.

Also, given her activities with Mark outside of the bedroom there's no way she can actually convince Harry that it was "just sex". You know the "there was no intimacy, only sex". It just doesn't sound plausible in her situation.

At least the bruises faded before he got to see them.

That's the way I feel about her. Your writing though, is just so very good always.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

He would be far better off divorcing her. She destroyed all the trust in their relationship and taking her lover to all the places that were special to her husband screamed disrespect. It was the equivalent of letting Mark fuck her in the marital bed and just as destructive to her marriage.

At this point, Harry's best move would be to pretend to reconcile "for the sake of the kids" while he starts preparing for the divorce. Use the self-centred bitch like a cheap whore while he gets over his anger at her betrayal. Meanwhile, he should be looking for her replacement. When he's found an attractive younger woman to be his second wife, drop the hammer on Isobel and kick her out. As he was the primary caregiver for their children, she'd get raped in the divorce settlement.

AyreGuardAyreGuardabout 3 years ago
I have seen this too many times

In my too long life, I have witnessed this scenario where the cheater was either sex. I know of a man who became a complete boy scout to win his wife and family back only to lose them years later because she could never forget which made forgiveness nearly impossible. I know of women who desperately fought to regain the stability they once took for granted only to throw it all away again when someone new caught their fancy. In every real-life story of which I know, there were no winners and this sadly includes their children.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

People cheat for all sorts of reasons. Stupidity always is in the mix. She was stupid but came to her senses.

A 5* read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Ah can't finish reading it

I think the wayward wife needs to suffer a little bit. I think the husband is just a wimp. No I didn't read the story just a few lines and I then got the gist jumped over the comments and I was right. Husband's a wimp.

I don't know why, I got really hurt reading the wife's betrayal. Kudos to the author for making me feel this way in just a few paragraphs. 4 star for the author.

2 star for the story.

Maybe I will read the entire story and get a different perspective....someday.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Again, the British culture embracing cuckoldry and acqiescence to the "better man."

Just another arrogant entitled whore, taking what her enabling cuck provided for her throughout their marriage. So indulgent, so focused on her comfort and happiness. He treated her like a Queen, so she treated him like her joker. Fitting. If Mark had remained reasonable and loving she would have continued to fuck his brains out until Portia finally divorced him, by which time the soulless bitch would be ready to divorce Harry and go live with the Better Man, her King.

Who cares what lives they live going forward? It was a shitty one-sided marriage from the beginning, and now it is just a farce pretending to be a marriage. Pathetic, and perfectly fitting. You sheep are disgusting.

But thanks for the effort.

RePhilRePhilabout 3 years ago
What do they do

When history repeats itself? It always does as is Once a cheater always a cheater

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
DAMN!

What is happening on literotica lately? All these pathetic RAAC stories are ruining this sight.

ribnitinribnitinabout 3 years ago

Another quality story. As usual, you enable the reader to feel the emotions of your characters.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

A 5*. The story was well-written and realistic. The protagonists were real people, even if the wife was truly a vicious slut who came to here senses not because she recognized that she was doing wrong, but because she discovered her lover was as bad a person as she was. The story could have meandered into different endings, but the ending here was reasonable.

management91399management91399about 3 years ago

All these stories have been an oasis in the drought of decent new material, reading classic favorites, reading newer authors (to me), and seeing them really come into their own after some shaky earlier stories. This has been the gift that just keeps on giving and this theme is among my favorites of this little angry subgenre of erotic fan fiction. This here is quite good, and while the wife doesn't come to her senses until she's physically abused she has the strength of character to challenge her COVID afflicted husband to not give up. It is a funny comeback to read her being unsure of herself as the husband hasn't fully allowed her back into his bed. Usually, the entrance of COVID in any of these stories sends them to an area of unbelievable, a place that suddenly makes the story stuck in the time it was written with the level of understanding we had about COVID at that time. In this case, because it's at the start of the pandemic it works very well. yes, people were getting terribly sick at the beginning but people were also surviving. I'd love to see a follow up on this as we read more about the lasting effects of COVID on the survivers, the long term health effects, will she stay with him even if he can no longer do his job if he can't physically do things with the family without becoming winded. The ending left a lot of room for another story, we are at the start of the end of the affair and the husband could have some long-term problems that the family will have to live with. Can she stay dedicated to him through that or will she stray again when he doesn't measure up or she finds herself as his caregiver. And lastly, the fact that she went away with her sicko lover probably saved HER from COVID, will she sacrifice her future caring for him if he has lasting effects. All interesting stuff. Thanks! I just finished your Christmas story as well which I very much enjoyed, not a perfect story, especially the ending but a great romp and interesting with a lot of exotic locals that I hadn't heard or thought about before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
He needs......

He needs his head examined if he takes her back. If not for the rape she would have left Harry for her lover.

RSKY

SkubabillSkubabillabout 3 years ago

Loved it, brilliant story. Five glowing stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"I did things with Mark that Harry and I had never done." - This is something that always bothers me. "acting like a whore didn't seem to fit with my role in the family." Hasn't she ever heard the saying that a man wants a lady in the parlor, a cook in the kitchen, and a whore in the bedroom. There's little that she could do with Harry that would turn him off.

/

She hasn't experienced those romantic moments for ten years? Why not? Has she ever suggested it to Harry?

/

I thought the book was just his way to get his foot in the door with her.

/

Again, the husband tries to please her, while the lover gets to "take" her. What would happen if Harry tried to take her? Would she submit, or more likely, kick him out of bed?

/

She should go to Selsey, then she'll have to stay!

/

"The first time was my ego being massaged by being desired by a very attractive younger man." - Ah, that old female ego, and here I thought it was only men that had them.

/

@Anonymous Re: "writing is excellent" - I don't see her having fond memories after the way things ended. Yes, she'll remember the excitement, but now she knows that she can have that excitement with Harry if she puts in the effort.

/

@JustOneMansOpinion - Definitions can be tricky, but TECHNICALLY he IS a cuckold, even if he burned her he's still a cuckold. A cuckold is a man whose wife fucks another man. What he WASN'T despite what some are saying, was a cuck.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Another one

Another DeYaKen story for.my favorites. Another cheating wife doing it for the attention, and the naughty fun. Maybe he can trust her, but who knows ? She found that her young lover wasn't a nice guy, so she dumped him. If he hadn't snapped, would Harry have been surprising the cheating bitch with a divorce?

Dunny69Dunny69about 3 years ago

Horrible woman ditch her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Deyaken I beg you not to pay heed to the BTB trolls.theyre not intelligent enough to appreciate your genius. We the closet cuck RAAC romance lovers have got your back like always.

We love the way you have portrayed this strong woman as your protagonist. She wants it, she gets it. She cheats on her husband just because she can, she lies, she lets her lover make fun of her husband, and she stands by her husband when the latter contracts corona and she truly deserves a medal for helping him during the rough period.

We love you also for your minimalistic portrayal of the husband. You don't let us learn about his pain and helplessness after he came to know about his wife's affair,we only learn that he makes a "good husband" for her and that "he wants her to be happy", both of the inputs makes it even easier for us to forgive the wife for her trangressions. The husband also is very weak, indeterminate, prone to forgive quickly; in other words "very realistic" as we know men in the real world are just like Harry.

And last but not the least, the way you used the corona pandemic to make the reconciliation inevitable by making he husband totally helpless and at the mercy of his wife deserves a big round of applause from your readers. It worked.

I want to conclude my commentary by asking you not to be disenchanted by by trenchant criticism from the BTB trolls, they're not half the man you are. keep your stories coming. I liked your other stories. I LOVE this one. Just sad that I couldn't find enough stars in the sky to rate your story. Take a bowl of my wife's fresh cremapie instead as a token of appreciation. Goodbye.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
1 star

She is a cheater and the only reasons she went back to her family are bing rapped and her husband having a really bad case of covid. That is not love.

Husband letting the cheater stick around when released from the hospital shows he is a dumb cuckold.

Pathetic couple of people. The only sympathetic character it Mark’s wife because she was smart enough to divorce.

Reconciliation always gets 1 star because cucks are not worth more that that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have read all of DeYaken's work, another terrific story. BTW, for all you haters, read the entire body of his work, it's not all RAAC. Each story stands on itr's own, and most wifes seem to get what they deserve.

Many of the stories in "After the Affair" were disappointing. They did not hook the reader and generate any emotion and caring about what happens, but this story and Laptopwritter's "Affair of Terror" sure did.

The wife was awful, how low can you be to ask your husband to edit your paramours worthless work and talk about self centered. Once we see how awful the wife, Covid is a great device to make us care and worry about the husband. What must it feel like to know your wife has cheated, and you are now going on a ventilator?

Meanwhile, the wife gets roughed up, comes to her senses rushes home and finds out she has been ditched.

She comes to the understanding that she has trashed her family and relationship, and she is terrified of losing her husband for real.

True, DYK could have had him recover, divorce the wife and he lands a smart and hot replacement. Sure that's writing to appease part of the audience, but I found his ending more interesting and realistic. The Jury of one, is still out and he can keep her in relationship purgatory for as long as he wants.

The alternative is a more interesting story, becasue it's left unwritten if he accepts her back and it's also more realistic of real life.

Gave it a 5 because it's so well crafted, just the right length and tell an entire story effectively. Thanks DYK.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 3 years ago

Very good story. Its nice to see that they were able to work things so they could get back together.

Thank you for your story, and keep writing.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

I really appreciated this story. It's the first time I've read one of your stories and it was extremely well crafted. When I get a chance, I'll be sure to read all yours in the LW genre. 5*

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateabout 3 years ago

Well written and crafted but ... it ended a bit too soon.

This is a more slice-of-life piece without fireworks or superheroes. But does that make it realistic? Post-discovery, Issy had one bad day at home, but Mum fixed it all with a spot of tea. What other hardships did she face for putting in a fair effort to destroy her husband and her family? Not much. She put in the *minimum* effort as an actual spouse to watch the kids while dear hubby was on his death bed. A high bar indeed, but apparently she failed in even those small measures for the months prior to dumping her AP in the canal. All in all, there's not a lot of remorse shown. The story was told from her POV yet there's not much rattling around in her rather empty head other than she was and is a selfish person and does what she wants.

But still Hubby took her back. It seems one snarky email is all it takes to get poor Harry back in the fold. NHS should have hired Issy to send emails to the wards full of Coof patients to bring them back from the edge of death. If a character as weak as Harry can recover after her email, then surely the wards of elderly patients would have survived.

From the title, and the initial events of him leaving, I expected a more thorough removal of the wayward spouse from Harry's life; something to really have her understand the suffering he felt for months, stuck in silence. Talk about a personal hell!

But he dutifully answered her summoning calls, and responded to her messages with barely any anger or emotion one would expect from such a betrayed spouse. None. Harry seemed a 2D shell put in place to have Issy demand things from.

Things like this exchange:

Harry: 'Just doing your duty then?'

Issy: 'No, dammit, You're going to make me say it aren't you. Even though my saying it makes you angry. All right, I'll say it. I love you, that's why I want to help you recover. I love you. I know you don't believe me, but it's true. I'm so sorry for what I did. If there was a way of going back and undoing it I would do it in an instant, but there isn't so I've got to live with the consequences.'

I don't quite know what to make of this. If she does love her husband, why is she upset to say so? And what consequences is she speaking of? She still has access to all his possessions. She still has a job and all her money. She can still be with her AP as Harry gave her permission. What actual consequences is she facing? Divorce? The wimp never even filed. And she certainly faced nothing from any personal demons; as we've seen, those are fixed with a cuppa.

And this one, from the final bedroom scene where Issy tries to seduce Harry for the first time since:

Issy: 'No Harry, I never paraded naked before him, I never needed to. I'm sorry this was a mistake.'

Pardon my French, but what a *cunt*. Why not just have her say "No Harry, my AP was all man and wanted me enough to tear my clothes off." Still, stiff upper lip Harry and all that just takes yet another jab to a masculinity that probably left around the time of VHS. I wonder if he was always that way or just beaten down by Issy's self-indulgence?

So, as to my original point, why end this here? What consequences are there? Harry's had a near-death experience but has it changed him? Has it made him *more* spineless in that oh-so-effete British male manner? Another poster made an excellent point about how many reconciliations fail months or years later when the bereaved partner cannot overcome the infidelity. I'd love to have the story extend to that time frame to revisit, but truth be told, I doubt Harry has the spine for it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

Next feelings about this 1. For those who ask why the wife won't do this again well the fact that the other guy raped her and physically abused her might be a motivating factor. The fact that some of these Readers and commentators cannot figure out why the wives rape might be a factor that ensures that she doesn't cheat again only speaks of the fact that these guys have problems relating to women

Yes the author definitely use the Coronavirus outbreak to force a reconciliation but that's not completely unrealistic. Outside of cheating in the marriage there is a whole bunch of stories which will eventually be told about how people's lives when they were in lockdown were forced to deal with deeper more personal issues. 1 day soon when the pandemic is over the story will come to light.

I also wonder why there's no middle ground between being a cuck vs BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

too easy for the wife. It so happened that the husband was helpless because of the sickness.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 3 years ago

Not a fan of RAAC, but you did this very well. A five-star effort.

Thanks for sharing.

Hooked

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962about 3 years ago
I Hate RAAC

...but this wasn't like one🤷🏼‍♂️. It was still up to your high standards and I believe it ended where it should have. There is no guarantee they will make it. She has had her epiphany but is it enough? Is it in time? This story was about the devastation infidelity does to a relationship and all those involved. Well done, the relationship status is left unknown as it should have been. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not for me

What the wife did was too much to come back from. She only thought of her family when her lover turned out to be a bad guy and raped her. Her actions before that, only wanting to spend time with her lover, taking him to places that were special to her and her husband for the thrill of it, showed what a narcissistic bitch she really is. I really felt sorry for the husband and wish you gave him some sort of revenge before having him take her back but nope, you decided he should be the one to be punished. Making him sick and then reconcilling him with the selfish slut. If people are hell bent on writing RAAC stories, atleast make the cheaters earn it. Too many of these where they get of so lightly.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 3 years ago

Once again a story from one of my favorite writers. Thank you, Mr. Ken. I always enjoy reading your stories and it made my day better. Write again soon, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent writing and I’m impressed with how well you do the first person and the dialogue. Relative to the story I don’t get how a wife would be so guilt free through the entire affair and only after being hurt or caught cate then about her actions. But truely thought that this was one of the best stories I’ve read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Anon 3/21/21 Said it for me.

She cheated and totally disrespected him.

Taking him to places were her and husband favorites and doing it because she knew the risk.

No respect no RAAC.

jtwheels

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 3 years ago

Where do some authors come up with these pathetic guys who go back to their cheating spouse when they caught them red handed? What a wimpy cuck....begs her to stay with him when she’s a cheating slut and takes her back when she doesn’t? Once a cheater....and it wasn’t a one-off. If he was my son I’d tell him what a disgrace he is.

Helen1899Helen1899about 3 years ago

My first story by this author, it won't be my last, I really enjoyed it. I think it has the perfect ending, a marriage hanging on by a thread, with the help of the kids, we will never know which way it went.

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 3 years ago

The many ways in which Isobel sucks

1. I really question whether she respects her quasi house-husband. Because of everything that he does for her and the children, he isn't living an exciting life.

2. She thinks that giving him sex on demand is an apt replacement for the intimacy he's not getting from her. She's giving him volume while Mark gets the variety and the passion.

3. She is actually trying to lead Mark on. She's trying to keep him sweet by lying to him about what's happening with his book. In LW stories, that's sort of a predator's trick.

4. She's having her own husband try to make something out of the book to keep Mark happy. She's having Harry do it unpaid, on his own time!

5. Harry BEGGED her not to go, she didn't even notice. His state of mind wasn't important to her.

6. She didn't decide to end it with Mark for any reason having to do with Harry. She's only done with Mark because of the (date) rape. Mark didn't end up in the canal because the affair was wrong or unfair to Harry. Mark hurt her physically and the video that impressed Harry so much had nothing whatever to do with her feelings towards her husband. She was so much more concerned about being good to Harry once he was her only option.

7. If she hadn't been found out she might well be hunting as we speak, looking for a lover who is a better version of Mark.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Sigh

Another selfish cheating wife and wimpy husband who keeps the slut story. She was only sorry and remorseful when her lover hurt her. She didn't give a shit about her family until that point. Not only did she deserve to be dumped but she deserved to be burnt.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

I've yet seen a story where this author divorces the wife. Its a RAAC +10

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really needed more to justify keeping her.

She intentionally put her kids at risk and damaged her husband.

Hard to come back from that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Although she was remorseful and helpful at the end, she helped him at the end for selfish reasons. Part of it is for the kids which is a good reason but the truth is after her wakeup call about Mark compare to her husband. She trying to get the best man for herself. Overall I believe this should not be RAAC

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

The issue here with me is the high level of love and intimacy that she shared with Mark; preferring that to what she had with her husband. That would tear me apart and it would make reconciliation difficult if not impossible. That being said, even here you can't condemn a man for trying to work things out, he could always divorce her later. He loves her. The horrible damage is at its peak, so let love have a final shot at them, what harm can it do. It is also better for the little ones involved. He is not a wimp, and implying that is foolish and sad (I am sorry that your wives never returned, commenters). Some ask, in the end, could you look at yourself in the mirror and be proud in your masculinity? I ask, could you look in the mirror and be satisfied with the loneliness?

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

you forgot the cuck tag

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As a reconciliation tale, it felt short. A good reconciliation story needs much, much more. Sorry, it didn't work for me.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

I’m more of of a BTB but I can live with this outcome, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Poor sap! He just has to wait till she meets the next young, handsome, confident guy who awakens her itch, to have the deja vu , experience. Cynical? No,as they say,"Once a cheater, always a cheater,"she can't help herself!

Beast1961caBeast1961caalmost 3 years ago

A very poignant tale! And very well told!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - a sad RAAC/cuck/wimp and no real reason for taking her back. ONCE&DONE - NO second chances - especially for a planned, long term infidelity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Depressing! She planned and executed her long term affair and suddenly she decided to stop?! Was it because of the manhandling? What a disgusting woman. How can a husband forgive and accept such behaviour, no matter how much he loves, or loved, her. Don't know how authors say"You can't turn love off and on, like a faucet." When you have been betrayed and disrespected, deceived and lied to, you rapidly fall out of love when you discover it!! Yes, there's pain there's hurt, there's sadness but it is overridden by rage and the desire to rend and tear! This woman was too damned controlled and deceitful and would remain faithful only till it suited her. Going forward, how can he trust her??! Disgusting. 1* and pity the innocent children who the bitch never considered when she gave in to her lust and started the affair. What a sad ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice believable story. Can infidelity be forgiven? Yes. Should it be? That depends on all the circumstances. In this case she had ended the affair before she knew she had been found out. She showed that she cared for her husband by refusing to let him give up on life. She recognised that he would be suspicious of her and find trusting her difficult, and she was prepared to try to live with that. Given all this, giving her another chance was a reasonable thing to do. Once a cheater not necessarily always a cheater, especially given the shock she had had when it looked as though he might die.

miket0422miket0422over 2 years ago

For all the people hating on this story. This is probably about as close to real life as you're going to find on this site. Real life cheating and marital relationships aren't nearly as fun, sexy and clear cut as real life.

Yes, she was a terrible person regardless of what lies she told herself so she could sleep at night. Taking her lover to the special places she shared with her husband was especially egregious. Even if Harry finally sees his way clear to trusting her again she will have still shattered all her precious memories from before the affair.

Great job by the author infusing realism into a cheating wife story and yet still keeping it entertaining to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Nope

Her actions went too far. He knew what she was doing and was trying to win her back, why? Then he gets sick and the selfish bitch does her wifely duty and all of sudden all is forgiven? Yeah, no.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but no way if take her back

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Cough, pussy"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is far underrated but that's not a surprise given the immaturity of far too many "men" on here. This was a fine story and the emotions were expertly portrayed. Not every affair must end in destruction. Sometimes people are able to find it within themselves to extend grace. Sometimes life gives you a second chance and you never make the same mistakes. Sometimes it is more difficult to forgive and to forge a new path than to just pack it in. -Starsong1977

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Another RAAC in the backend of a very good story.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

So weird to grade a story on whether you agree with the choices of fictional characters. "Michael went too far in killing Fredo! One star for the Godfather Pt. 2"! "Rick should never have let Ilsa leave. One star for Casablanca"!

.

Should Harry let Issy remain living with him and the children? Let's say no, Harry is making a mistake. A story can still be a good one, even if a character in the story chooses unwisely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just a quick response to the previous comment by invisible_bridges: Literotica's scoring system appears to be based on whether something is Loved or Hated or something in between, not on the quality of the writing. That said, this is a very well written story and I liked it a great deal. Maybe the scoring system needs to be more sophisticated though I doubt that many would agree with that approach.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, sir. An excellent story.

And a very well said goes out to: Sarahwithlove

LWlurker

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

Very good but it would have been nice to have a couple of paragraphs - 5 years later - to let us know where you think this should have gone.

RK52RK52over 2 years ago

An excellent story by a great storyteller. Reading the comment I see the range of beliefs and expectations from BTB to RAAC and beyond I have to agree with invisible_bridges and anonymous regarding people “loving” or “hating” the final outcome and ignoring the art and skill of the authors. We all have our favorites and I love the BTB or well played punishment. That said, th author her does a fabulous job exploring emotion and belief that you may not like but are just so sell handled and told.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star

I did not like this story, primarily because the wife faced very little in the way of consequences for her infidelity.

Reconciliation at all cost (RAAC) is pretty well only an option if the infidelity is a ONE-TIME event.

There are also extenuating circumstances IE: rape, drugs, alcohol, blackmail, etc., etc.,

Two or more sexual events most likely result in immediate divorces.

By the way, the moron Anon below here really needs to put a cork in it, regarding covid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pathetic simp, find a way to an amicable relationship to co-parent the kids but never take back a cheating spouse(husband or wife).

1 star for the reconciliation, it ruined what started off as a decent story.

SystemShockSystemShockover 2 years ago

The true measure of a person's integrity and character is in what they do when they think no one is looking. She showed her true self in her affair and attitude towards her husband during it. She was happy to dismiss and disrespect him when things were going smoothly with her lover. And if he hadn't had that psychotic episode she wouldn't have given her husband a second thought until she got home and found the consequences waiting for her.

Her second chance was entirely unearned. Hell, it's damn near blackmail if he considers himself in debt to her for lighting the fire under his ass that helped him survive the 'rona. She may be all repentant now after such a harrowing experience, but that doesn't change what she did and how she behaved when she thought no one was looking.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Really well orchestrated and excellently detailed story. Very easy to get emotionally involved in.

Nice work

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

A great story which is well written. Some will accuse Harry (the husband) of being a wimp because he takes back his cheating wife. However, this is a rationale decision for Harry if he wants to continue to live with his children. Under English law mothers are almost always given custody of children in divorce. It will therefore be Harry who is thrown out of the marital home to live in a grotty bedsit with infrequent contact with his children. If Harry wants to close contact with his children his best strategy is to avoid divorce and forgive his wife. Mothers hold the power even if they have cuckolded their husbands. Sad but true. 5 stars.

Nothingman83Nothingman83over 2 years ago

I agree with Hiker66Biker in that some, perhaps many will call Harry a wimp because he doesn't kick the wife to the curb, they, obviously, are "without sin", I am not one of those people. Harry had to do what was best for HIM, and then his children. No one has a right to lambast someone else because they made a decision you do not agree with it. If Harry ends up forgiving her and they live out the rest of their lives happy together, then everyone else be damned. No, I am not a "wimp" who forgave a cheating wife, I was a cheating husband, twice, who was forgiven by a wife who, many here would say, should have kicked my ass to the curb. That was 23 years ago, and we are stronger now than ever.

francemanfrancemanover 2 years ago

really too easy.

can we still justify adultery by:

- I never intended to hurt you,

- I never thought you'd find out.

- it was just sex

Personally, I don't think women are as stupid as you write.

They know exactly the consequences this can have (just like when you choose to break the law or the rules), and they take the risk.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 2 years ago
Really enjoyed it!

I really like that the ultimate goal of all concerned was to try to find a way to be happy and support each other and their children. I think they’ll succeed (as well as any fictional character can).

Relationships are difficult and long-term happiness is fleeting. Still, the main character’s goal was to love and support each other.

Too bad that so many of your reader’s ultimate goal is to be miserable all the time. They won’t like this, because, well, happy seem to be something they hate.

How can one enjoy being hateful all the time? George Will pointed out that a whole lotta people in this country “are only happy when they’re miserable.”

I suppose that a lot of them must hang out here. Sad!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quality writing, intelligent and thought provoking, characters working through their hurt and fear, acknowleging their flaws and finding hope.

LA

DigameDigameabout 2 years ago

One excellent storyteller

dob092095dob092095about 2 years ago

Wow, he turned out to be a cuck. Nice storytelling but he needs to broom her.

ErnstKnopfmeyerErnstKnopfmeyerabout 2 years ago

The husband did nothing wrong, yet he must trust a cheating wife. What if he put it on her so she had to trust him? They divorce without telling the kids or anyone else, continue to cohabitate, she gives up custody and all money and property in the divorce, then she must trust him that he won't throw her out if she remains faithful. If she won't agree to that, she doesn't trust him and/or plans to cheat on him in the future, as most cheaters do. Does he want to remain in the marriage in that case? At least he'll be continuing with his eyes open. I don't think I've ever seen a story with that twist.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 2 years ago

Good read.

Some of her responses to his questions make me wonder if she's living in the real world. The old, 'I didn't want hurt you' is just one example.

Hell would be freezing over before I'd trust her.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I didn't want to hurt you!

I didn't believe I would be caught!

It made it More exciting to do it where I might be seen by acquaintance!

Contradictory!!!

Love him But thinking about Mark when we are together?!!

Not curb But into sewer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What do I think of this story? -- I don't.

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

It's really funny how in 30 lines everything changes as if by magic.

From a boring, bland, cuckoldy type, in a few lines he becomes the best man on earth. most loving and kind.

And she, the same, she goes in a few lines from a slut, selfish and egocentric to Mother Teresa who saves her children and allows her husband to restore with 2 comments of the most banal.

More than a RAAC it looks like a real magic lesson.

A long-term affair resolved in 15 days.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

I like the story. AAAA+++

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeYaKen@DeYaKen
Thank you to all those people who said the enjoyed The Driver. I've been away from Lit for a while I have been concentrating on writing books for sale. The latest, The Unsold Child, is available for $2.99 at https://books2read.com/u/38g5ZB Probably more suitable for Literotic...

SIMILAR Stories