Effy And The Descending Darkness Ch. 05

Story Info
Isha comes out to her parents. Then she takes a fisting.
7.4k words
4.63
6.1k
7
0

Part 5 of the 13 part series

Updated 08/07/2023
Created 02/08/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bumonk
bumonk
707 Followers

CHAPTER 5 - Coming Out.

Isha was waiting at Brighton train station for her brother to come and get her. Her train had actually been on time, and annoyingly her brother was stuck in traffic. It couldn't be helped though. She found a quiet place to stand, where he could pull up, and waited. She had dressed simple in jeans and a plain grey t-shirt, tight to her slender body. Her parents would probably like something a bit more 'Indian', but that was tough.

She fluffed her long dark hair up, ignoring the looks of a few men that walked past. Noticing the look from one slightly older woman. Isha was very pretty and often got attention.

Isha always had mixed emotions going back home, she loved her family, loved them deeply and without question. She couldn't wait to see them, but anxiety came from the truth, she felt, she had to keep from her parents. She never lied to them, but she had never been fully honest with them either.

She didn't think either of them would take it well, but her dad was the one she was most worried about. It wasn't a religious thing. Most sorcerers believed in Mother Nature as their God of sorts. Their power was from the earth, so all things of this planet were to be protected and worshipped. The problem was her parents family values, the importance of getting married and having lots of kids was held close to their hearts. It was old fashioned but it was how they were brought up. The Indian culture is still strong in their family.

Her parents would have had more children if they could have. She had Isha first and then a year later Sahib. Then there was a larger gap, it had taken them a while to conceive Meena, they had impatiently had to wait 4 years. They wouldn't have stopped there, but complications meant they couldn't have anymore. They had both taken it hard, but then put all their hope in lots of grandkids.

Isha knew these days that just because she was a lesbian it didn't mean that she couldn't have lots of children, but she knew her parents wouldn't understand that. She could hear her dad now ranting on about a child needing a mother and father. She felt sick just thinking about it.

Suddenly a horn blared and she jumped. Her brother sat behind the steering wheel of his car and waved, laughing away about making her jump. She walked over, threw her bag in the back and jumped in.

"Take your time," Isha said, leaning over and giving her brother a hug.

"Hey its not my fault no one from our world has invented a way to ride broom sticks, or use chimneys, like those stupid films you used to make me watch," he replied.

"Never heard you complain about watching them," Isha said.

"Only because I liked that pretty girl," Sahib said. "The one you were obsessed with."

"I wasn't obsessed with her!" Isha lied. She had been, it was her crush on one of the lead characters that had first highlighted that she was different to what she was brought up to be perceived as normal. She couldn't have cared less for the boys, it was the girl that she fancied.

"Yeah right," he said. Pulling away from the train station. "You used to sit there drooling." Her brother knew her 'big secret'. She hadn't told him, he had worked it out. He was the self proclaimed genius of the family.

Isha laughed. "Fuck off," she said.

"Don't let Dad hear you talk like that. He grounded Meena for a week for saying Piss off," he said.

Isha laughed again. "She was brave," she said.

"Oh she didn't mean to," he said. "It just kind of slipped out. It didn't help that I snorted with laughter."

"Brilliant," she said. "I bet she loved you."

"Of course," he replied. "How are you sis?"

"Good thank you," she said. "I'm enjoying the new job." Only a slight fib. "It's great working with Effy." The last bit was definitely true. And she was enjoying the job, it was just a few things that had happened so far that were getting to her a bit. The Sun Nymph didn't sound as legendary as she hoped, she sounded more like a bit of a shit. Then there were the doubts Effy was having about how The Hunters Guild were dealing with some of the demons, and Isha could see her point. She was worried about what The Guild would do when they found this nymph. She also had some insecurities about an aspect of her relationship with Effy, but she pushed that away quickly, she didn't want to think about it.

"And Effy okay?" he said. "You two okay?" He had worked out about her sexuality by the way she talked about Effy. It hadn't been difficult.

"Very good, thank you," Isha said. "Living together is going well so far. How about you, all okay?" She deflected the conversation.

"Yeah I'm fine. New jobs great," Sahib said. He worked in a bank in the normal world. Not all sorcerers chose the sorcery way of life, there was more money in other jobs. "You should tell them you know."

"What and give them more reason to be disappointed in me," she replied.

"They're proud of you Ish," he said.

"No. They're proud of you and Meen," she said. "I'm just their fuck up."

"That's not true," he said. "You're independent. It might not be exactly what he wants, but he knows you go after what you want. Anyway you won't be the only disappointment soon. Meen wants to be a Hunter."

"HOLY SHIT!" Isha shouted. Sahib laughed. "I better get my news in before Meena does then." She didn't mean it, she didn't feel this weekend would be the one.

Sahib drove them to their parents house. The traffic was bad but it gave them a nice chance to catch up. When they got there Isha went in with her brother and said an emotional hello to her parents, it had been a while, and then Isha popped upstairs to see her sister. Her loud music had masked Isha's arrival.

Isha knocked on her sister's door. "Come in," Meena said from inside, the volume of the music lowered. Isha opened it and went in.

Gone were the days when her little sister would run happily and hug Isha, sadly, but Meena did still get up and give her sister a hug.

"Is she coming this weekend?" Meena said, trying to act cool.

"Hi sis. How are you sis. Haven't seen you in ages sis," Isha said, rolling her eyes. "Glad to know you're more excited to see Effy."

"Is she coming?" Meena said, this time not hiding her excitement.

"No she's not," Isha said, watching her sisters face deflate. Meena was desperate to meet Effy, not because she was Isha's girlfriend, which Isha had told her about, but because she was a Hunter, and in her eyes Effy was the most awesome person ever. Even though she hadn't met her yet.

"That's sad," Meena mumbled.

"I'm here you know," Isha said, exasperated. "I'm in The Guild too."

"I know sis and I'm proud of you," she replied. She smiled at Isha. "I want to join Ironside College next year."

"Yeah Sahib said," Isha said. "Dad's going to love you, especially the Hunter part."

"He'll get over it," Meena said. "We can't all do what he wants for the rest of our lives."

"That's true," Isha said. She knew he would get over it. Meena usually got away with most things. Even though she was the most rebellious out of all them, she could never do anything wrong. It had always wound Isha up, but she loved the fact her little sister was strong headed.

"How are you anyway?" Isha said. She had noticed how Meena kept looking at her phone. "Talking to someone interesting?"

"I wish," Meena replied. "Boys are so annoying. I can see why you don't want anything to do with them."

Isha laughed. "Yeah that's the reason. I find them too annoying," Isha said. "Anyway, stay away from boys till you're older."

"Yes dad," Meena said, smiling. "I'm 16 you know?"

"Still. Stay away," Isha said. "Come on, let's go downstairs." She knew their parents would be wanting them all together for a catch up.

"How long before they ask you if you've met any nice young men?" Meena asked, as they headed downstairs.

"I'll give them ten minutes," Isha said.

Isha checked her phone that she had left in her brown handbag downstairs. There was a nice message from Amy, she smiled and put her phone on the side next to her bag, and went to join everyone.

They all sat in the living room talking, and then as time went on, proceeded to the dinning room for dinner. So far, Isha's parents had been quite good, not one question about her love life, or snide comments about her job. She knew it was too good to be true, that they could last a whole evening without an argument.

The conversation got on to Isha's job in more detail. Nadeem, the father, pressing for more information about their missions so far.

"So what have you saved the world from so far?" he asked, a hint of scepticism in his voice.

"Maybe not the world. Yet," Isha replied. Not biting at the tone. "But we've done some good. Saved some lives."

"That's good dear," Her mum, Shilpa, said, off handedly.

"And you've managed to keep your dignity," Nadeem said. Sahib nearly spat his drink out. Isha bristled. Meena tried not to laugh.

"I'm very proud of my work thank you dad," Isha replied. "It would be nice if you were too." Isha saw her mum flinch in the background, but her dad took no notice.

"You could get a nice job with normals like Sahib," her mum said, thinking changing the subject would stop the storm that was brewing.

"Muuum!" Meena said.

"Sorry dear. A person of non magical ability" she said. She shook her head. "Anyway, a very safe and stable career."

"I'm happy at my job thanks mum," Isha said, starting to get annoyed. "And it's very highly thought of in our world. By most anyway." She mumbled the last bit.

"Mmmm," her dad said.

"So have you met any nice young men?" Shilpa said.

Here we go, Isha thought. This is where the fun begins. They couldn't help but try to control her life, the conversation always started this way.

"No not yet mum," Isha said.

"There's a nice man Sahib works with," Nadeem said. "What was his name, son?"

"I'm sure Isha can find her own partner dad," Sahib said.

"I'm not so sure in her line of work," he replied.

Isha went to speak, but Meena squeezed her leg. Isha looked at her and Meena looked pleadingly at her. Isha knew her sister hated when things got heated. Too many memories of it happening growing up.

"He seemed very suitable," Nadeem continued. "Stable job, good family background. Would be perfect for you. Maybe show you the right path in life."

"Stop it," Isha said quietly, anger rising. Her dad ignored her and carried on.

Meena had changed her mind, this wasn't just going to be an argument, this was going to be epic. She saw her sister's face and knew what was coming. If only she had some popcorn, she thought.

Nadeem carried on about how great this lad was for Isha. How a nice man would make her settle down. Maybe raise a family.

"Stop it," Isha said. Louder. He still carried on. Shilpa tried to say something, but her mouth just flapped, unable to stop her husband.

"STOP IT!" Isha screamed. She hit a lamp on a small table with an impact incantation that shattered it against the wall.

"Now young lady," Nadeem said calmly. His eyes burning into his daughter. Isha took a large swallow of air. Raging on the inside, but a calm serene exterior. There were other ways to get her dad back.

"I've already met someone dad," Isha said. She hadn't planned on telling them, but she was pissed off now. She didn't care what they thought.

"Oh lovely," Shilpa gasped. "What's he like?" She was glad of the distraction.

"They are perfect," Isha said. She felt the nervousness rise inside her, she knew she was close.

"What's his name?" Nadeem said.

"It's a she," Isha said.

"Itsashe!" Nadeem said. "That's a funny name." Shilpa's hand went over her mouth in shock.

If Isha hadn't been so angry she would have laughed. "No dad," Isha said. "It's. A. She, not a he. Not a man, it's a woman. My partner is female." Her dad stared at her like she had appeared out of thin air in front of him. He didn't say a word.

"What's her name?" Shilpa managed to ask, the disappointment on her face said it all though.

"It's Effy mum," Isha said. "My friend." Isha had obviously told her mum and dad all about Effy, she was Effy"s Searcher after all.

"Oh okay," Shilpa said. "Is it serious?"

"You mean am I actually a lesbian," Isha said, only just keeping her cool. "Or am I just playing around." Her dad cringed at the word playing.

"I just didn't know if it was just........." Shilpa stopped, looking for the word.

"A phase mum?" Isha said. "Will I grow out of it? No I won't. I mean me and Effy might not be a long term thing. I hope so, but it's early days, but I'm definitely attracted to women." She looked at her dad, the anger being replaced with nerves. "I'm still me dad. Still your daughter."

Her dad looked at her, shame on his face. "What will we tell the family?" he muttered.

"What!" Isha said. "You tell them I have a girlfriend. This is the 21st century dad, not the fucking 50s."

"Don't swear dear," Shilpa said. Isha took a deep breath, she knew losing her cool wouldn't help.

"I need to go," Nadeem said. He stood.

"Don't dad," Isha said. "Not like this." She watched as he walked off. She refused to go after them, she turned to her mum. "Mum?"

"I have to go after him," Shilpa said.

"You need to grow some fucking balls, and not believe in everything he does," Isha spat. Instantly regretting her words.

"Isha!" Meena gasped.

Shilpa stared at her daughter for a second and then left.

"That went well," Sahib said. Isha gave him an evil look, annoyed that neither of her siblings backed her up.

"I'm going out," Isha said, standing. "I need some fresh air." She grabbed her bag and stormed out the house. Sahib and Meena begged her to stay. She didn't need fresh air, she needed a drink. And she hoped her favourite wine bar was still where it used to be.

Isha was half way through her wine when she realised her mistake. Anger had clouded her judgement, but as she calmed, her training returned. She turned and quickly checked out the room, it was too late though, she had no idea who was here when she came in, and who had come in since she had arrived. Effy would be pissed with her if she knew, the poor trade craft at a time like this was unforgivable.

Isha picked her glass up and moved to a table in the corner, one where she could see the whole wine bar. She spent a few minutes looking around, noting faces. One particular face caught her eye, not out of recognition, but because of how pretty the woman was.

She had amazing long black hair, a black so deep and silky it shimmered in the bars lights. And those eyes, Isha thought. The woman spotted Isha looking and smiled, Isha smiled, felt herself go hot, and looked at her wine and took a sip.

Isha glanced at her a few times whilst she finished her wine, and was caught looking again. She looked away, again feeling the hot flush. She focused on her empty wine glass, summoning the nerve to go home.

"You look like you need another one of those," said a female voice. Isha looked up to see the dark haired woman. "Hi, I'm Cassie. May I join you?"

"Of course. I'm Isha," Isha said. Her eyes flicked to the woman's red and black plaid pleated skirt and her bare thighs, just before her thigh length black and white striped socks began. She brought her eyes up quickly meeting the woman's gaze as she sat.

"I love your top," Isha said. She had on a black corset, squeezing her narrow waist and pushing her breasts up into a perfect cleavage. Isha studied the tattoos on her upper arm. Intricate and delicate designs.

"Thank you." Cassie replied. "Sure you want company. I won't be offended if you want to be left alone."

"Company would be nice," Isha said. She felt a little bad for accepting, thinking of Effy, but she had never had a woman come onto her before, and found it flattering. Even more so because of how beautiful Cassie was. It was only one drink Isha told herself, and she wouldn't hide it from Effy.

Cassie sat down and Isha studied her slender neck and shoulders. The corset left everything bare above her chest, and Isha was mesmerised by her collarbones and tanned neck.

"You look like you've had a bad day," Cassie said.

"Just slightly," Isha said, managing a smile. "You don't want me boring you with it though."

"Try me," Cassie said. "I'm a good listener. I have nothing planned, and there are worse ways to spend it than sitting and watching you whilst you talk."

Isha felt herself get hot at the comment, she subconsciously played with her long dark hair. Cassie looked about ten years older than her. Isha wondered how experienced she was. She thought for a second about how to share, and then realised it didn't matter, here was someone willing to listen that didn't know her, and she probably wouldn't see again.

"I just told my parents that I'm a lesbian," Isha said, surprised it came out so easily. "They were not happy."

"Oh," Cassie said. "I'm sorry. I know how that feels." Cassie swept her long dark hair over her shoulders, they drew Isha's look again.

"You've been through something similar?" Isha asked.

"You could say that," Cassie said. "My coming out was a disaster, my dad was a raving homophobe, he kicked me out when I was 16."

"16!" Isha said. "That's terrible."

"It wasn't great," Cassie said. "Luckily I had good friends around me, or I would have been in trouble."

"Makes my moaning seem over dramatic now," Isha said. "My dad's just pissed. His disappointment in me just grows every time I open my mouth."

"It's not overdramatic," Cassie said. "To you it's important, your parents are supposed to support you, be there for you when you need them most. They're not. Do you have a partner who's there for you?"

Isha hesitated, not sure why. She wanted Cassie to think she was single for a second, but Isha knew that was wrong. "I do. I should phone her," Isha said. She looked in her bag for her phone. Shit, she thought, she had left it on the side. She'd go home soon anyway, face the music as they say.

"Do you speak to your dad now?" Isha asked.

"No he's dead," Cassie said, no sadness in her voice.

"I'm sorry," Isha said.

"Don't be, he was a bastard. It was ironic really," Cassie said. "He was in a car crash. Luckily my mum survived. Apparently dad saw two men kissing, and was so busy looking and ranting at them being gay that he drove into the side of a Skittles delivery lorry. The picture in the paper showed the car with the slogan above him. 'Taste the Rainbow!' When I saw it I laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself."

Isha tried not to laugh with her but couldn't help it, she covered her mouth.

"It's okay you can laugh," Cassie said, smiling. "He was an asshole." Isha let the laugh out.

"You're even prettier when you laugh," Cassie said. Isha felt hot again. "It's worth telling you my tragic but humorous life stories. I'm surprised you weren't with your girlfriend when you broke the news?"

"She would have wanted to be there," Isha said. "I hadn't planned on telling them."

"Is it serious? You and her?" Cassie asked. Hoping she wasn't pushing Isha too far.

"For me it is," Isha said, answering too quickly. "For her too, I guess."

"You don't sound too sure?" Cassie said.

"I don't know," Isha said. She felt comfortable with Cassie, glad for someone to talk to. "She's bisexual. She likes men too."

"Glad you explained that," Cassie laughed. "Never heard of one before" She added sarcastically.

Isha laughed. "Sorry, don't know why I added that bit," she said. Her face then dropped. "It makes me wonder if I'm enough for her. If I can give her everything she wants."

"No cucumber to your salad," Cassie said, smiling. "Lack of sausage in your Toad in the Hole."

bumonk
bumonk
707 Followers