All Comments on 'Eight Inches Predicted'

by JBEdwards

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesabout 5 years ago
Very nice!

Nice story, JB! Loved your use of the word "tortuous"! Since I've lived in New Hampshire most of my life and am originally from Massachusetts, I've been to Vermont many times and can verify the plethora of tortuous roads in the state. And I loved how that word so well complemented my impression of Vermont. Lucky Joanie got to enjoy Jackson. I wonder what she would have thought had it only been the "Jackson Five"! I've always believed it is not the size of the plow but rather the time spent in the field that counts! I don't measure up to this Jackson, but I make good use of what I have! Well done! Five stars as usual.

WittonWittonalmost 3 years ago

This was a first rate treatment of a somewhat overused theme, i.e., couples forced to share beds due to roads closed by blizzard

What I loved about it is the setting - the description of the location, the snow, the reaction ( going to a bar and drinking ) but the best was the narrator's observation that eight inches would be more than two standard deviations about the norm (c.5.25 inches)

Actually (according to a British study) 6.3 inches encompasses the 95th percentile which seems to me (from the tables I've seen [I haven't done the calculations - the distribution is not a bell curve]) but it makes the story better

Robert Burns wrote a poem titled "Nine Inches Will Please the Lady"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJBEdwards@JBEdwards
Breaking News: My story That Empty Colon Feeling has been scheduled to be published. It will appear tomorrow, January 11. January 6 (yes, January 6!): For reasons known only to God and to Literotica, my new story, That Empty Colon Feeling, is taking its sweet time before publ...