All Comments on 'Eleanor Pt. 07'

by Alice_Nicol

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
Jimbo_NamJimbo_Nam8 months ago

I like the Alice in Wonderland tip of the hat at the end of the story/book.

Thanks. It’s been another enjoyable ride.

MigbirdMigbird8 months ago

So easy to immerse oneself in your pieces about intriguing women like Eleanor and Kate — so well crafted. The scene on Kate’s terrace is a beautifully deliberate mix of thought provoking, personal revelation and simmering erotic tension. Loved the exchange on the “…hold of political correctness.” The line “… scared to say what they think about things that don't really matter” is so perfect. And not to single out two among many of Kate’s insights but “I think you are too hard on yourself, Eleanor” is spot on followed later by the observation: “She hadn't misread this young woman. Far from it. She knew this was going to be an afternoon she would never forget.” And never forget applies to both women. Simply awestruck by your characters — rich, nuanced and believable — and what you do with them. No need to comment on the sex suffice it to say the opening line of your section Seventeen is a beyond smoldering invitation and everything that follows reveals so much just as sex in well crafted erotic fiction should — tell the story. All of this reading enjoyment in a rather short, tightly woven piece.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Brilliant, just brilliant. The whole series and this last coming together of the very experienced Eleanor with the French master/mistress Kate. Right when Kate's inner voice said, "decisions, decisions," I could feel the impending forces of passion that would converge and reverberate through both their bodies and souls, each deciding to not overcome the other but meet in mutual reverent bliss. Priceless. They didn't try to conquer the other but surrender each unto the other. The closing image of disappearing down the erotic "rabbit hole" of ecstasy that shimmered in the Cheshire cat "grin" was a sweet homage to Alice. One comment on the ending, I could see Eleanor and Kate getting together with Soria and Pamela, but I don't see them tolerating the bumbling masculinity of Bob and Tony, regardless of Bob's adolescent expectations (unless they end up "pegging" them both which would be another story all together and a discordant non sequitur to this lovely tale). One quick note on the term "woke" which is apparently much misunderstood on both sides of the pond. Originally it arose from the Black blues movement, and was meant to refer to awareness of racial inequality. Amazing how a deeply embedded cultural expression can be so grossly misappropriated by both sides of the political coin.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous