Elise Ch. 20

Story Info
Elise's mother finds out about her and Sandy.
2.5k words
4.5
1.5k
1
0

Part 20 of the 34 part series

Updated 12/06/2023
Created 10/27/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Elise," Chapter 20 (no sex)

Sandy

After our session in the shower, and all cleaned up, we walked hand-in-hand back into my bedroom, where we dressed as companionably as if we'd been doing it in front of each other for years. I offered to fix Elise something to eat for dinner, teasing her about the circumstances that caused her not to stay long enough to sample my culinary prowess the weekend before. She laughed along with that, agreeing to stay, and we just chit-chatted while we ate some of my leftovers.

During that discussion, I mentioned that though I loved to see her play volleyball, it might be a good idea to curtail my attendance, or at least my being seen so much with her at the school, lest we arouse some kind of suspicion that could backfire on us. Though Elise wasn't happy with that idea, me being the only fan she had at those games, she allowed that it might make sense to change the ways in which we saw one another. In the end, we agreed on a way I could still come to the games, but where we wouldn't be seen together near the school. There was one home game this week, on Thursday, and we were going to try out our plan at that time.

With a final kiss, I saw Elise out the door after supper, but with some daylight still left. Almost immediately after she drove away, I missed her. Truly, I hadn't spent that fabulous a day with a woman since before Beth got sick. The way we improbably connected so well on an emotional and sexual level was nothing short of a miracle. Extended time with her was something I definitely wanted to repeat if possible in the coming months, before she graduated from high school and then, I assumed, left Blanksville for who-knew-where.

That night, I reflected on where we were. I had a little concern that Elise might be seeing too much in our relationship, that she might be thinking that a more permanent relationship was possible. We hadn't really talked about that much, and I knew I was going to have to gently but firmly disabuse her of that as soon as I could, but I thought I had some time. As it turned out, I did not. Things were unexpectedly coming to a head.

***************

Tuesday night well after dinner, I was sitting on my porch, winding down another day of leisurely retirement, when my phone rang. I saw that it was Elise. I answered, "Hey, babygirl. How are you?"

She sounded very agitated, replying, "I've been better. Sandy, we've got a problem."

"What is it, dear?"

"Mom knows about us."

I sat up and took notice at that, although it was not the most surprising bit of news I'd ever heard. "OK, baby," I said calmly, "tell me all about it."

Still in a shaky voice, she started, "Well, one of my teammates, Julie Betz, her mother works with my mother at the hospital. They're not always on the same shift, but when they are, sometimes they eat lunch together and discuss their daughters." It sounded like Elise was breathless, trying to keep it together, but losing the battle. I cut in, "Baby, take a moment. Breathe. Calm down. Take all the time you want to calm yourself."

I could hear her taking deep breaths on the other side of the line, and after maybe ten seconds, she continued, noticeably calmer but still concerned. "Well, Julie was the one who had questioned me about who you were and why I was spending time with you. Julie's a good teammate, I wouldn't call her a friend, but she and I have never had any issues. I guess, like everyone else at that school, she wasn't used to seeing me associating much with anyone, and it probably looked strange to her. Anyway, as you know I concocted that 'Uncle Sandy' story for her, and then repeated it for anyone else who happened to get nosy about it.

"Well, she goes home and happens to repeat my story to her mother, whose name is Gilda, by the way. So, beginning yesterday, her mother and my mother got back on the same shift after a few weeks of Ms. Betz being on night shift, and today they're eating lunch and comparing notes. My mother gets home about an hour ago, and immediately summons me down from my room. She wants to know who this 'Uncle Sandy' is, demands that I give her the whole story, tell her everything."

"And did you?", I ask.

"Not all of it, no. At least not at first. I told her that you were an older man who started coming to our games, becoming interested in our team, and introducing yourself to me after a match. I tried to convince her we were just friends, but she didn't seem to go for that, I think because of a couple of things. First, everybody on the team, including Julie, noticed me spending all my time between matches at that tournament, up in the bleachers talking with you. They weren't used to seeing me doing anything but keeping to myself when we weren't playing or practicing. So she just noticed is all, and I guess it stuck in her mind enough, that she felt like repeating it to her mother.

"Second, I'd been away from the house for an entire afternoon, for two straight weekends. That is pretty strange for me, as I only might go out to see a movie, shopping, or something, very occasionally on weekends. I mostly stay home. Had my mother not talked with Ms. Betz, I don't think she would have even noticed that. But after they talked, I think she thought back and realized how unusual that was. So tonight, she also wanted a rundown on where I'd been those two afternoons."

All this time, Elise had been talking continuously; the poor girl had to stop to get a breath. After she did, she continued, "Now Sandy, I'm not going to lie to my mother about anything. She doesn't deserve that. She's been very upfront about giving me whatever I needed, making sure I was prepared to become an adult, always being totally honest with me. It's the least I can do to be the same with her."

I was quick to insert, "Babygirl, I would NEVER want you to do anything else. We're not doing anything wrong or illegal. We have nothing to hide."

"Oh, I know that, but at the same time, I don't need to tell her more than she wants to know. Anyway, even though she's my mother, I AM 18, and my relationships are my business -- until I decide to volunteer information."

"So babygirl, how much did she 'make you volunteer' to her?"

"Ha ha. Very funny, Daddy. Well, at first I admitted that you were much older and you were a friend. That was not going to be enough for her. She asked if we happened to be more than friends; I admitted that it had become that way. She asked if I'd been to your house; I said I had. She asked if we had had intercourse; I said we hadn't. She has no cause to be aware of your little BDSM kink, and I didn't volunteer it. She wanted more particulars about what we've done with one another; I refused to tell her that. Told her I was now an adult, and that was personal information that no adult had an obligation to share with a parent. She saw and accepted my reasoning on that."

"That was quick thinking and well-put, sweetie."

"Thanks. That was also something I couldn't have gotten away with even last month, before I was legally of age."

"OK, not too bad so far. Anything else I need to know?"

"Just one more big thing. She wants you to meet her for lunch on Saturday. Just the two of you. And she doesn't want me there."

"Oh, that's interesting. That indicates that, even knowing what she knows, even about the age difference and the fact she has reason to believe we've done some fooling around, she's willing to have an open mind about me. I'm actually encouraged by that."

"There is another part of that, though. She forbade me from seeing you again until she meets with you and decides what she thinks and what she should do, if anything. I reluctantly agreed to that."

"Well, that's only five days. I think we can live with that, don't you think, dear?"

"I guess, although I don't like it. She wanted it to be longer, but I backed her down from that."

"How did you do that?"

"I'm not saying, Daddy dear."

I was really glad she was in a better mood now, and that we were back to our usual repartee. "For you to know and me to find out, is that it?"

"Yep."

"OK, I suppose I don't need to know everything about how the sausage is made, do I?"

"Ha ha, no, Daddy, not everything."

Back to the logistics for a minute. "Do you know where and when she wants me to meet her?"

"Yes, she wanted me to pass it on to you. 12 noon Saturday at Patty's Bistro. Do you know where that is?"

"I do. Been there a couple of times. I like it. Not a lot of junk food on that menu. Close to the hospital -- I guess that's why she's familiar with it." I added, "Tell her it's a date. I'm looking forward to it."

"You are?"

"Yeah, baby, I am. For a few reasons. I think she's willing to give me a fair hearing. I always look forward to having a respectful adult discussion with some nice give-and-take. And, I'm frankly anxious to meet the mother of such a wonderful young lady. And this is as good a chance as any. Maybe talking with her will give me more insight into you, sweetie. I'm hoping so."

"Aren't you afraid that she won't like you, and she'll try to break us up?"

"Not really. I honestly don't think she'll want to do that after I've made my case."

"Well, Daddy, I'm glad you're so confident. I wish I was."

"Don't worry, baby. Promise me you won't fret too much, and that you'll have a nice relaxing week."

I could hear a sigh on the other end. "OK, I'll try my best, Daddy."

"And baby? Obviously that means I won't be at your match on Thursday. That might be good, actually. It'll give you a chance to concentrate on volleyball and play your very best game."

"OK. I'll miss you, Daddy Sandy."

"And I'll miss watching you compete, dear. I always really enjoy that."

"You always know the right thing to say to make me feel good about myself, Daddy."

"Nothing more than you deserve all the time, baby. Now you have a super rest of the week, and we'll talk over the weekend."

With that, we said goodbye and disconnected. And I started thinking about my important meeting with Elise's mother on Saturday.

***************

Elise

You could say that Tuesday that week was not my favorite day ever -- at least from the time my mom called me down and let me know I'd been busted. I was nervous all week. The single thing that went right is that we won our league opener on Thursday. And we beat a school that finished ahead of us in the standings last season. So at least one small part of my life felt good about itself.

I thought I had been really good with Mom, very composed, when we first started talking Tuesday evening. But that ended abruptly when she threatened to keep Sandy and me apart for as long as I lived under her roof. I pushed back hard on that, letting her know that whatever I had to do, that was not happening, that I was legally an adult, and that she and Dad could completely disown me for all I cared, but I was going to live my life and do what I felt was best for me. I told her I was mature enough to make my own decisions, and that she should know that, since she and Dad had helped make me that way through insisting that I know all about sex, as well as how to defend myself and be self-sufficient. That had made her feel a little better, and in the end she had agreed to meet with Sandy on Saturday if we stayed away from one another until then. I still didn't like that much, but it wasn't a lot of time, and I thought that under the circumstances, it was reasonable to agree.

Still, I hated that Mom happened to work with someone through whom the whole thing about Sandy and me could get back to her. I wasn't crazy about Julie talking to her mom about what I was doing. What business was it of hers or anyone else's anyway? I debated going to school and making it an issue with her, but quickly dismissed that. First, doing that would probably indicate to her that something WAS going on, and no telling where that might lead. No, everyone could continue to wonder, for all I cared; I wasn't going to give them anything to go on.

The other reason I was going to lay low was that, if I raised a stink with Julie, it would hurt the team. Even though I'm a loner, when I've had to I've always played well with others, and no way was Julie, Coach Nicholson, or anyone else going to hold me responsible for causing conflict within the team. If I went to the trouble of being in a group or on a team, we were going to push as hard as we could to accomplish our goals as a team, and I wasn't going to hurt that by starting something with a teammate. So I was going to act as if nothing had happened. Let big-mouthed Julie wonder about it. She'd get nothing out of me.

I also thought about what I'd have done in Ms. Betz's place, and I really wasn't quite sure. I could understand being protective of your children, even grown ones, on the one hand, but I was also big on respecting a grown child's privacy. I really didn't believe my private life was a proper matter to be discussed between my mother and a co-worker. But I'd always been a very private person, so I'm sure that had an impact on how I felt about that.

After volleyball was done for the week, I had nothing to think about other than Mom meeting with my sex partner, who was old enough to be HER father. That concept alone would probably blow the average parent's mind, but I knew my mom. For any of her faults rearing Brett and me, she was level-headed and open-minded, and though I had to admit I was nervous about the whole thing, I was also hopeful that the weekend would turn out well. Sandy's encouraging words over the phone on Tuesday had created the possibility in my mind that it might after all, and that I wouldn't have to resort to something radical to keep my relationship with my Daddy.