Elise Ch. 21

Story Info
Sandy and Elaine talk about it over lunch.
3.4k words
4.19
1.3k
1
0

Part 21 of the 34 part series

Updated 12/06/2023
Created 10/27/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Elise," Chapter 21 (no sex)

Sandy

At the appointed time on Saturday, I drove to Patty's Bistro to meet with Elaine Madrigal, Elise's mother. I didn't know how it was going to go, and I didn't have a script to follow per se. But I had confidence in my ability to hold this conversation in an adult fashion, make my case, and ad lib as was needed.

Elaine was already seated when I stepped through the front door, and I was directed her way. She stood and we shook hands, then I sat opposite her. She insisted that I call her Elaine, and asked if she could call me Sandy. Of course, that was fine with me.

I knew a little already about her, from my research, my daughter, and her daughter. It was interesting to meet the woman. I would say she was maybe 5'7", just a little shorter than Elise. She was dressed in a nice pantsuit that complemented her, her hair was a natural-looking shade of dark red, and she wore reading glasses, peering over them as she spoke and observed me.

"So you are the older man with whom my daughter is having a sexual relationship?", she started. It seemed that directness of manner came to Elise honestly enough.

"Yes, and I am glad to make your acquaintance, Elaine. I consider Elise a remarkable young lady in just about every way, and I am naturally curious about everything and everyone that caused her to become that."

"I agree with you about her, Sandy, and that's why I'm naturally concerned with her welfare and with whom she associates, particularly on an intimate level." I bowed my head slightly in acknowledgment to that.

We placed our lunch orders, and then Elaine got right into her examination of me. "How old are you, exactly? I haven't been told." I told her.

With no discernable surprise, she followed with, "I'd like you to tell me your background, and how you came to meet my daughter," looking directly at me as she made the request.

So I provided her a good summary of my life and my marriage to Beth, leaving out any particularly intimate information, especially as it had to do with our favorite sexual kink. I was honest as I could be about first meeting Elise, omitting anything that could indicate that I had anyone else's assistance in so doing. After I was done, Elaine asked, "Pardon me, but it seems strange that you picked my daughter with whom to strike up a friendship. Why her?"

Looking directly back at her, I gave her an answer that was as true as I could possibly make it. I tried my best to sound forthright. "I love to watch sporting events. The thing I love the best about them is the drama of personal competition, one athlete against another. Once I got settled here, I resolved to get out and watch more live sports. I found out that volleyball was the first sport on the school calendar, so I went to a match at Zirconia."

At that point, our food came, and we started digging into our respective selections. After a minute, I asked, "Tell me Elaine, have you ever seen your daughter play volleyball?"

She replied, "No I haven't," slowly shaking her head.

"You really should if you can possibly make the time. I think you'd be amazed. I was. That first match, for an hour I sat in the bleachers and watched Elise fly around that volleyball court, diving after loose balls, just exhibiting endless energy and enthusiasm whenever that ball was in the air. It was just incredible to me, how much she wanted to win EVERY POINT.

"Myself, I was never much of an athlete, never got picked first or even close to that in pickup games as a kid. But whoever did pick me, one thing they could always count on is that I would give 100% of whatever I had. I always had the attitude, if I'm going to go to the trouble to play this game I'm not particularly good at, at least I'm going to try to give maximum effort, to try to win as often as I can, and at least try my best not to be a drag on my team. I was never going to let anyone say, and more importantly was never going to second-guess myself, that I didn't give all I could each time. And I always put that same effort into anything I did, whether it was school, work, my marriage, parenting, anything.

"Now I was sitting there, looking at this tall, thin, intense girl just busting it, giving everything she had. She was just out-hustling everyone. And she was a better athlete than I could have ever hoped to be -- graceful, coordinated, sure of herself, just very pleasant to watch perform. Now mind you, there were a couple of players on her team who were better than Elise, could run faster, react quicker, jump higher, whatever. And they lost that match, to a team that probably had 3 or 4 better than her, too. But no one, I mean no one, was going to out-hustle her. And the natural competitor in me just recognized her for what she was, a kindred spirit in some way. It didn't matter about her age, sex, race, anything. You just don't see that kind of absolute work ethic displayed like that very often. I certainly didn't throughout my entire school and working careers. So I just felt that I'd be somehow shortchanging myself if I didn't at least introduce myself to her afterward, and at least compliment her on her effort and maybe get her take on the game she had just played."

Well, that was true, as far as it went. I continued:

"About the first thing I said to her was that I admired her for what I just described to you. But you know what she wanted to talk about instead?" Elaine shook her head. "She was insisting that her team should have won that match, and she was wondering what she could have done any better than what she did to help them win. She gave absolute maximum effort throughout, mind you, and she STILL thought she should have done more. I walked with her a while on her way home -- part of that way was my way home as well -- trying to help her adjust her perspective. The perfectionist she was, she was blaming herself because she couldn't be just that -- perfect. And probably because she couldn't somehow will her team to be perfect, either. I just couldn't let her keep thinking like that."

As I took a bite or two of my sandwich, Elaine was silent for a time, thinking about that. Then, "I get all that. But how in the world did you two go from a discussion like that to sexual activity, in what, a week or two?"

So I gave her a sanitized version of the various discussions I had had with Elise, and how they eventually turned to that subject. I closed that account with an observation: "I think that, having been guided by you into preparing herself so well, she was just ready to experience it with someone else. She was just holding out for whoever she considered the right 'someone'."

Shaking her head, Elaine sharply responded, "But, to my knowledge, the girl has never even been on a DATE. Frankly, I've wondered about her for a while now. I'm still amazed that not only her first sexual liaison, but her first friendship with a man period, would be with one she just met who is, what, 45 years her senior? Hell, MY father's only a couple years older than you."

"Elaine, have you talked with Elise about how she feels about boys her age?"

"No, I figure that if she had opinions she wanted to share, she would. But she's never volunteered any."

"Then, with all due respect, I recommend you ask her about that as well. I think you'll find her response illuminating."

She thought for a minute, then replied with a hint of sarcasm, "Looks like I have a lot to learn about my daughter after all this time, doesn't it?"

I regarded her soberly. "Look, I am not, in any way, impugning your performance as a parent. I was -- am -- one myself. Believe me, I'm aware of the challenges, and like you, I have faced a lot of them over the years. And Elise has spoken to me admiringly about your work, your devotion to your career, and how good you are at it. She absolutely believes, and so do I, that everything you've done, every decision you've made, you've done with the good of your family and your kids in mind. And she loves you for that, Elaine. She's said as much to me.

"But I'm not going to kid you. For a long time, Elise has had a craving for a relationship with an adult she felt she could trust and who she thought had the time for her, one where she could really have an ongoing give-and-take about a whole host of topics, be confident that her views and opinions would be taken seriously, and to be lent the credibility that she believes she's earned. I just happen to be the one that came along to fill that role, at least right at this moment."

With a slightly pained expression on her face, Elaine rejoined, "But did that relationship have to include sex as well?" She placed her hand on her forehead for a moment. "Good God, this is so bizarre. I just don't know what to think about this."

I wanted to reach out, take her hand, and reassure her, but that didn't seem appropriate in these circumstances. "Elaine," I said softly, "every single thing between us having to do with sex, has been initiated by Elise. She initiated all our discussions with her questions. That first afternoon on the way home, she wanted a hug. And on and on. Every. Single. Thing. And honestly, if it had been solely up to her, we would have had intercourse by now. I've had to slow things down until I was sure she was ready and the time was right."

"But why couldn't you just refuse to go there at all? You're the mature adult here. Why did you allow yourself, at 63, to become intimately involved with my 18-year-old girl? Any 18-year-old girl, for that matter?"

I had to keep from showing myself upset with this line of questioning. Her implication, unsaid but as plain as day, was that I must be some kind of sick old sexual predator to want to have sex with an 18-year-old at my age. It was all I could do to keep an even tone. "Elaine, to begin with, in the eyes of the law, we are both consenting adults. I imagine that you might find it difficult to believe that your daughter, your baby, has reached that point in her life already. But she has. She is also a perfectly healthy, fully functional sexual being, with all the usual needs and desires. And so am I. And, as to maturity, let me assure you that, in my life, I have dealt with a lot of people, a LOT OF PEOPLE, two and three times her age, established in responsible adult positions, who didn't display half the maturity and self-awareness that she does.

"Elaine, you have a remarkable daughter. She's truly one of a kind. Please let me assure you, I'm as serious as I've ever been when I tell you that she's quite ready to handle, in a healthy and responsible manner, anything we might do together. Whatever I thought she wasn't completely ready for, I would never engage in with her. I swear to you I don't want her to be harmed in any way, any more than you do. And I give you my solemn pledge that she will never be -- not as a result of being with me."

She still looked dubious. "So, as you obviously think so much of my Elise, is it your intention to think about seducing her into marrying you? Will I someday have a son-in-law 20 years older than me to have to explain to everyone?"

I was quick and definite with my answer to this. "No, Elaine, I again give you my word, with 100% certainty, that there will never be a romantic relationship of any kind between us. I am not about to do something that irresponsible, to saddle a woman that young with a husband as old as I am, thus depriving her of one near her own age and of the same generation, as it should be for her. She will go off to college somewhere, graduate, then go to work and start what is hopefully a rewarding career, and somewhere in that time she will find the person, a contemporary of hers, who is meant for her as a life partner. Just as I did when I was in college. I cannot ever provide that for her. If she somehow doesn't understand this now, I promise you I will make sure she does, and soon.

"Yes, I am attracted to Elise and think the world of her. No one who really got to know her would think any differently. But our relationship can best be described as friends with benefits, and that's as far as it will ever go -- and will last, at the longest, only until she enters into a romantic relationship with someone else. I do hope she will then consider me as simply a good friend, forever. And, by the way, I hope, despite the circumstances under which we've met, that you will come to as well."

We had wound up our meals, and the table was being cleared. After that was done and the staff was again out of earshot, Elaine again spoke.

"Well, Sandy, you are obviously quite taken with Elise. And I can tell you, in case you didn't already know, that she is quite taken with you as well. She made that very clear to me on Tuesday, especially when I at first threatened to do anything I could to keep you two apart." She smiled then, her first one since the cursory one she gave me at the beginning of our meeting. "In fact, if you'd like I'll share with you how she responded to that threat of mine."

"Huh." I sat back in my chair, my mood also lightened a bit for the moment. "I'm consumed with curiosity. Do tell."

Elaine started. "She looked me squarely in the eye, and very seriously told me, in no uncertain terms, that if I tried anything like that she'd move out of our house immediately and move in with you. And that she'd never be back. And that there was nothing I could do to stop her from doing just that. She said she'd go to work, forgo college, anything she had to."

"WHAT? She didn't say she was going to come LIVE with me!" I was incredulous. Must have looked it, too. She smiled wider at my reaction.

"She did indeed."

"Well, there's one problem with that. She never discussed that living arrangement with me. And I can assure you, I'd never consent to it, short of her only other option for a domicile being under a bridge somewhere. And even then you can be sure she'd live in my guest room and not in my bedroom."

"Yeah, I figured that." She smiled wanly. "As you already know, and as I'm quickly getting up to speed on, my darling little Elise will pull out all the stops to get her way when she insists on having it."

"She's quite something, all right," I mused. "Is there anything else we need to discuss today?"

"No, I don't think so. Can I call or text you if something occurs to me?"

"Sure thing. I'll give you my number." I did so. "Please contact me any time."

"Thanks. It's comforting to know that you're willing to work with me and not against me on this."

"Of course," I replied. "Oh, something else just occurred to me."

"And what is that?"

"I understand that you were informed about Elise and me by a co-worker who has a daughter who is a teammate of hers. I want to ask a favor, and hope that you'll see fit to grant it. If you talk to your co-worker about this in the future, I'd like you to please not mention the particular circumstances of our relationship. Make up some cover story -- use 'Uncle Sandy' if you want -- anything.

"I ask this not for me -- I can handle whatever happens to me -- but for Elise. In case you're not aware, Elise is already considered, shall we say, somewhat unusual by her schoolmates, since she keeps to herself and does not suffer any of their 'childish foolishness,' as she puts it. I think that having it get back to her school that she's having a sexual relationship with a 63-year-old man would probably make it much rougher on her, to the point where her senior year of high school might become more stressful for her than it needs to be, some in her age group being the way they are. Also, knowing how over-zealous some school administrators can be, I wouldn't be surprised if in addition to the harassment from peers, she'd be subjected to extra counseling, or something of that sort, if the adults in the building ever became aware of it."

She considered this. "I see where that might cause problems for her. And I certainly wouldn't want her blaming me for yet something else that's wrong in her life." I knew she was doing her best to make light of what for her was obviously a sore spot, but she couldn't hide a bit of dismay from creeping into her expression. "So I promise I'll cover for this with my co-worker. Anyway, as Elise so sharply pointed out to me, this is an adult relationship of hers, and really no one else's business. That's probably what's hardest for me to accept -- that at 18 years old, she is, by all rights, correct. I just hope she won't get herself hurt."

"Elaine, again I pledge to you that I will do whatever's necessary to ensure that never happens. Like you, I only want what's best for everyone. I hope you believe that."

As we both stood to go, she said, "I want to believe it. Really, I do. I just need to think on this, maybe talk to Elise a little more." After a second, she added, "One thing I WON'T be doing is telling my husband or my son about any of this. As much as I might not care for your arrangement, I would hate to see any physical harm come to you. You do seem like an otherwise decent, respectable man after all, even if you happen to be fooling around with someone young enough to be your granddaughter -- and who DOES happen to be my daughter."

I knew she was getting in a last dig at me, and I thought she was probably entitled. So I merely said with a smile in response, "I appreciate your concern for my safety, Elaine. Believe me."

We turned to make our way out of the restaurant. Just outside the door, I turned to her a last time. "And Elaine?"

"Yes?"

"I was serious when I said you really ought to take an afternoon off if you can, to go see your daughter play volleyball. You'd love what you saw. I know she'd really appreciate it, too. And if it wasn't too weird, we could sit in our own little rooting section and cheer on our favorite Zephyr volleyballer."

"Thanks. I'll see what I can do. So many years I've made myself sort of unavailable to her, and I really regret it sometimes. I'd like to get a little more involved if I can, before it's too late."

I held my hand out then, and she took it. "It's been nice meeting you, Elaine. Please feel free to communicate whenever, and about whatever you need to."

She returned the sentiment, and we parted ways.