Elizabeth's Grand Escape Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Back at the Island

It had been nearly a month since Elizabeth's jump from the top of the falls, her injuries had healed, she begun to try to walk again after breaking both of her legs. The only thing that could not be healed was her memories; she had lost her entire life's memories. Not that that was a bad thing after Etta had told Jaime all about her father and Lyle. They had all decided that because she had tried to take her life to run from that life it was best to bury it with Elizabeth Buckingham Kenworthy, she was now Beth Williams, widow of John. Her memory lost in an accident at sea, her life was given to her through Jaime, Etta and the doctor. They thought it best not to tell her of the loss of the baby, and kept that fact to themselves.

Beth truly felt free and happy in this beautiful tropical place, she felt at ease with Jaime, she didn't know why. He was a constant in her life, when he wasn't with his men down at the ship he was here, reading to her, taking her for walks near the lake. She felt truly happy when he was near, she knew that she could very well love him, she asked Etta one day about him. She wondered if she were being disloyal to her dead husband by having feelings for Jaime.

"No mi-lady, your good husband would have been pleased to know that you are happy and being well taken care of, of that I am sure."

"Thank you Etta, I knew I could count on you to be honest with me."

"You and Jaime are a grand pairing, you both compliment each other well, and I believe this simple life here is a good fit for us both. I do like it here, though tropical weather can be rough on a ladies delicate skin tone."

Beth laughed slightly, "Leave it to you as always to bring joy into everything. Was it always like this, our friendship I mean?"

"Yes, nearly always. We did have our rough bits now and again, but it has always been my pleasure to serve you and be your friend."

"Jaime said he's taking us on a short voyage tomorrow aboard the ship, he said he needs to make sure it's ready for sea, and to do some much needed business in Spanish Wells, won't that be a delightful change of pace?"

"Indeed, it shall."

Arriving in port at Spanish Wells, Lyle and Charles searched the dock area for Lyle's man Jack Bales. Spotting the man near the ramp they made there way to him.

"What news do you have Bales?"

"The woman and her maid I made reference to is near here on a out lying island at port White's Landing, I have made arrangements for a small craft to take us there later today, it's as soon as can be done."

"Good man, are you sure of they information? Is it truly Elizabeth?"

"Of that I am only certain that it is the unaccounted lady and her maid from the Anne Marie, I know not what your lady looks like nor this lady, it will be for you to judge if this be the right one. If it's not I shall continue my search, but let us hope for the best at the moment."

"Yes, let us pray that my daughter is alive and well."

As The Serpent's Tail docked at Spanish Wells Jaime ushered the women to the plank, he ordered one of the cabin boys to hail a carriage, they entered the carriage and Jaime called for the boy to join them. The boy named Samuel sat next to Jaime for the ride to the dress shop.

"Ladies, let loose yourselves in the dress shop have made all that you need I shall be along later to help you ferry it all back to the ship. Samuel here will help you both by carrying as much as he can for you."

"Thank you kind sir," Beth said mockingly.

"I see the lady feels better since she mocks me so. Tell them to bill it to me, all the local shops know my name."

Beth smiled, "I do Jaime. Thank you seriously for all that you have done for us both we appreciate it so much."

The ride to the dress maker was not a long one; Jaime stepped out to lend a hand to the ladies getting out of the carriage. Samuel jumped down to join him.

Stepping back into the carriage, "I shall be at the shipping agents office should you need anything send Samuel to find me."

Jaime tapped the carriage roof and he was off.

Before entering the shop Elizabeth looked around the street. She could almost picture herself back in London the way the shops lined the street. Etta touched her arm and they entered the shop.

Across the street Lyle could not believe his eyes, Elizabeth was standing near a shop looking around, and she looked right at him but had no reaction.

Etta's heart stopped as she looked back through the window of the shop, it couldn't be. But as she looked once more she was horrified, it was indeed, Lyle Kenworthy along with Sir Buckingham. Turning her attention back to Elizabeth, they were greeted by lovely looking young woman.

"Good afternoon ladies, may I help you?"

"Yes, mi-lady wishing to have some dresses made."

"Oh well and good we can help you. I can I show you some of the materials we have available?"

"Yes please."

Elizabeth walked to the far wall of the shop with the woman and Etta called Samuel to her. She moved over to the counter where she picked up the quill and paper sitting there and quickly scribed a note to Jaime calling for his help.

"Samuel, go out the back door hurry to Captain Jaime and give this to him at once. You must hurry; mi-lady and I may be in grave danger. Do you understand Samuel?"

"Yes miss, I will hurry."

"Do not get caught Samuel, be careful. Quickly now, hurry."

Etta did not want to alarm Elizabeth she tried hard to keep her voice calm as the woman showed them around the shop. She could just see out the window at Lyle peering inside. She hoped that he would not come in. But she feared that he may. The woman showed Elizabeth some dresses that were already made for some customers to show them her handy work; some of the dresses had been order but not yet claimed.

"This dress here is most beautiful, the lady I made it for sailed before I was finished with it. She was a most difficult person to deal with, I made several. Would you care to try them on? I could adjust them to fit you if you should like them?"

"I think that would be wonderful. Thank you."

The woman showed Elizabeth back to a changing room, Etta hid behind the curtain keeping an eye on the door. She prayed that Jaime would make here in time.

"Bales go around back make sure that they do not leave."

"Aye sir."

"What are you doing, I am going in there after my daughter."

"No, did you not see how she looked at me. It was if she did not recognize me?"

"I have no care about that; I want to go to my daughter."

Pushing Sir Buckingham back against the wall, "I don't care what you want at the moment. I need a moment to think, something is not right here and I will find out what it is. But we can't she go running in there at the moment we may frighten off and lose her again."

"Alright, but I think your being foolish."

"Whatever you think of me, I found your daughter did I not. There is a pub at the corner, go there and I will see to things here and call for you when I have her. We will meet you back at the hotel."

"Very well, but do not be long."

"This won't take long at all."

Samuel ran into the office of the shipping agent startling Jaime and Mr. Billings.

"See here boy, you scared the life out of me."

"Samuel, what is it."

Samuel handed Jaime the piece of paper and he read it. After reading it he ran out the door with Mr. Billings calling after him.

"Samuel, return to the ship and tell Beasley to arm a few men and bring them to the dress makers. Tell him to go without anyone seeing them to rear of the building."

"Aye, Aye sir."

Jaime made his way down the back way to the dress shop; he hoped he would be in time before any harm could befall Elizabeth. He hoped Beasley would be quick to join him. As he came to the shop he could see a short portly man lurking about the back door.

Behind him he heard a familiar whistle; he knew his men were here, time to make his move hopefully without Elizabeth knowing any of what was happening. Just as he saw Beasley at the far corner of the building another man came into view meeting up with the other man. He knew this must be Kenworthy, he looked as evil as Etta had made him sound.

Jaime gave Beasley the signal; his men were quickly upon the two. Quickly taking them by surprise and with out a single sound.

Jaime sent Samuel around to the front of the store to tell Etta everything was under control. At once Jaime saw Etta in the window and gave her a curt salute; her face was grim as she showed him one finger. Meaning to him that there was one more person he needed to find.

Jaime moved to the men, "Where is the other one?"

The man shook his head no and fought against his captor.

"It will do you no good to fight against Harper, he could break a small man like you in too if he wanted to. I suggest that you cooperate with my questioning before I allow him to do just that."

Again he shook his head no. Jaime went to the other man.

"Do you know where this other person is?"

The man shook his head no. Jaime was slowly loosing his patience and it showed. He drew his knife from its scabbard and placed it at the man's neck.

"You will tell me what I need to know right now!"

The man shook his head yes, and Harper released his hold around the man's mouth. "Sir Buckingham is at the pub at the corner."

Again Harper placed his hand over the man's mouth as Kenworthy tried to kick at Jaime.

"Smith! Will go there pretend to be sent by this man Kenworthy bring the old man back to the ship. He will be easy to spot I am sure his fancy dressing will give him away."

"Aye sir."

Jaime looked to the window at Etta, giving her a small smile using his hands hoping she would understand to give them time to rid themselves of the men. His hopes were renewed with Etta smiled and nodded that she understood. Quickly they made their way around the town and back to the ship.

At the ship Jaime had Kenworthy clamped in irons in the hold, while he waited for Elizabeth's father to be brought to him. The door opened and Will had Buckingham tow as Jaime greeted him tersely.

"Well Sir Buckingham, what a great surprise to see you here. To what do we owe this great honor?"

"You sir brought me here, for what purpose? Where is my daughter?"

"Your daughter, I do not believe I have had the pleasure of meeting your daughter?"

"Lies, she is here. Lyle saw her himself at the dressmakers shop."

"Who is this Lyle that you speak of?"

"The gentleman I am traveling with, he saw my daughter and her maid at the dressmakers shop and sent me to the pub to wait for them to join me."

"What pray tell happened to your daughter that you would think that she was here?"

"She was on a ship bound for America, when it was apparently attacked by pirates. She never arrived with the other passengers that were released. It was reported that the pirate kidnapped her as well as her maid. Is that pirate you sir?"

"Aye, I know of the woman you speak of now."

"You do, where, where is she?"

"She is dead my lord."

"Dead, what do you mean?"

"Just as I said she is dead. She and her maid where my guest for a short time, during that time your daughter found out she was with child. For some reason this fact was not a pleasant one for her. She became increasingly distressed, even her maid could not sooth her. One evening when I believe she could not take it any longer she walked to the edge of the top of the waterfall, and she jumped. She died in my arms sir."

Sir Buckingham face was filled with horror and shock, "Why, why would she do such a thing?"

"Afterward, I spoke with her maid, she told me why she felt Elizabeth had jumped."

Tears falling from his eyes, "If you please could you tell me?"

"On the night of her wedding, a wedding you forced her into I was told the man you thought best for your daughter to wed raped her."

"Raped her, that's unbelievable she was his wife. You can not call that rape."

What do you call it when a woman is not willing, and a man forces himself upon her? I call it rape, what would you call it?"

"Perhaps she misunderstood his intentions."

"I doubt that. Her grief was insurmountable; she would not be comforted, a letter to Etta said as much. She said she could not go on living with the shame and could not bare to bring his child into the world because she knew she would not be able to be a mother to it."

"Is she truly dead?"

"Yes my lord, we buried her near the fall that she jumped from. She is at peace now."

"Peace that I could not give her in life. I took her life by making her marry that pompous ass, he did that to her. I never got to tell her how much," he did not finish his sentence. But stood and held his hand out to Jaime.

Jaime shook his hand, "I am sorry for your loss my lord."

"Thank you. Thank you for all that you tried to do for her. Now I must find that worthless son-in-law of mine."

"No need sir, I shall take care of him for you and for her."

"Thank you again," he turned to leave to cabin when he turned back Jaime.

"What is your name sir?"

"Jaime sir, most people call me White Serpent."

"Jaime, could I ask you to do a father a favor?"

"Of course."

"Could you go to my daughters grave often an place flowers there for me?"

"Yes of course, I shall do it and I do go often. I became fond of your daughter, she was quite brave."

"Yes, she was. Good-Bye."

After Sir Buckingham left the ship Jaime went below to the hold where Kenworthy was being held.

As Jaime stepped off the bottom step he could see him there, shackled and chained to the beam.

Lyle Kenworthy struggled against his chains, "I demand you release me!"

"You do not make demands on me, you will be dealt with shortly. I will make you pay swiftly for what you have done to Elizabeth."

"Then you know where she is, I demand that you bring my wife to me this minute!"

"Well as I told Sir Buckingham, that is impossible. She is dead, in fact she took her own life not long ago."

"Your daft, I just saw her not an hour ago in the dressmakers shop."

"I do believe sir you must be mistaken, I assure you Elizabeth Buckingham is dead along with the child you forced upon her."

"What child, she had no child?"

"That is true she did not have a child she killed it along with herself, because of you I might add."

"I don't know what you're talking about. I know I saw her not long ago here in this very town."

Kenworthy struggled against his chains, Jaime was yet unsure of how to deal with him. Death would be too easy to give him, but allowing him to live was out of the question. How best to deal with him weighed on Jaime's mind he needed to get to Beth to see if she was alright if she had seen him and remembered anything of her past.

"Will!"

"Aye sir."

"I must get back to make sure all is well with the ladies. Can I count on you to take care of Mr. Kenworthy here?"

"Of course sir, it would be my pleasure to make sure he was well taken care of for her ladyship."

"Thank you Will, I knew that I could count on you. Make sure there is no trace."

"It will be done sir."

Jaime could not get back to the dressmakers fast enough, he had to be sure that nothing had happened to Beth or Etta. Arriving at the store he calmly entered just as Beth was coming from in back of the store in a most becoming emerald colored dress he had ever seen. The color of the dress made her green eyes stand out and the figure of the dress complimented her in all the right places. His love for Beth had become more important to him in the last hours, his decision to come to her rather than to take out his anger on Kenworthy showed him that his life as a pirate was at an end and his life as a Husband he hoped if she would have him was just beginning.

Epilogue:

Their wedding day was the most perfect day of her life. Beth could hardly believe how wonderful she felt marrying the man whom she had come to love so very much. They had been married on the bluffs above the waterfall; the Doctor had performed the ceremony. The men from the ship, town's people, surrounded them and of course Etta was there by her side as always.

Beth could see the love in Jaime's eyes as he slowly moved the straps to her gown down over her shoulders, slowly pushing the delicate material down her body exposing her to his sight.

His passionate kisses to her skin felt like a fire was building within her and she needed him to extinguish it. As his engorged member was about to enter her, she knew her old life was behind her and a new and happy future lay before her. Jaime made her the happiest she had ever been. As she took him into her body she embraced his power and let it take her over the edge. She arched her body to allow him easy entrance with one thrust she was pushed over the edge of ecstasy she clutched onto him as he drove his member harder and harder into her. She let herself go, to move with him driving towards the ultimate release. Toward the beginning of the rest of her life as the wife of Jaime White, retired pirate.