Ella & Jake Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ella?" Jake turned her over slowly. "Why? You had no wolf. They did tests."

"She was hiding to be safe," Ella said letting the tears run down her face. She had forgotten. When her wolf hid away, she took the scary memories with her. Now they were all back. Ella just started to cry, and couldn't stop.

Jake took her into his arms and rocked her. He had no idea what was going on, but he felt her pain. All of the pain. The mating was only half done, since she still had to bite him, but he still felt everything she was feeling.

"I'll keep you safe, Ella," Jake whispered to her. "I will protect you with my life."

She continued to cry.

****

Jake held his head in his hands as he sat by Ella's hospital bed. When she wouldn't stop crying, he dressed her, and took her back to the infirmary. He called the Alpha, and told him what had happened.

Jonathan was standing on the other side of the room, watching his Beta. Jake was so confused, as was everyone else.

The questions still loomed in the room. How did she hide her wolf? Why didn't she remember? Why was she crying? No one had any answers. The Alpha went to her family and asked, and all of them had no idea. But the look on her father's face, had him wondering. He didn't push, since he wasn't going to use his Alpha powers unless he needed to.

"It's been three days," Jake grunted as he stood up. "Why is she still like this?" The doctor had put her into a coma to calm her down, every time they tried waking her up, she just grabbed Jake and started crying again.

"Her family claims the know nothing." The Alpha said as he paced the room. "I have a feeling Robert was lying to me."

"Did you Alpha him?" Jake asked as he ran his hand over his little mate's face.

"No. I wanted the truth from him first. But I will now." Johnathan sighed and signaled to another Beta to go get Robert and his wife.

"Do you think he hurt her?"

"I don't know." Johnathan sat down on a plastic chair. "We will find out my friend."

A few minutes later Robert and his wife walked into the room. They didn't look at Ella or Jake, just at the Alpha. Johnathan stood up and walked over to them. Jake kissed Ella's forehead, then moved to stand directly behind the Alpha.

"Your daughter is very ill," The Alpha started. "I realize you don't seem to care about her, but we do. So you will tell me what happened to her when she was 12 to make her wolf disappear."

"Wolf disappear?" Robert glanced over at his daughter. "She doesn't have a wolf."

"Yes she does." The Alpha said. "She had shifted, and mated with Jake. But now she is having an emotional breakdown. This had to do with why her wolf was hiding. We need to know what you did to her."

"I did nothing. She seemed perfectly normal until she was about 12, and she didn't hear the Alpha command, and we discovered she had no wolf." Robert said.

"That doesn't make sense to me," the Alpha said. "My son is four, and I can sense his little wolf in him. My daughter is only weeks old, and I know she has a wolf somewhere too. How can you have gone 12 years with not noticing?"

Ella's parents said nothing.

"Answer the question!" the Alpha command.

"She had a wolf," her mother finally spoke. "I know she did. She did until she was about 10, after the trip. Then it was like she lost a piece of herself."

"What trip?" the Alpha asked.

"Dammit, Karen," Robert cursed. He then looked at the Alpha. "We took a camping trip, Ella was 10, our son was three, and Karen was pregnant with our youngest daughter. Ella went missing for 48 hours. When we found her she was a mess, crying and very scared. She wouldn't let either of us touch her. We took her home, and she was different."

"She was unhappy. It was as if the joy went out of her," Karen continued. "We took her to a doctor, he found nothing wrong with her. She wouldn't tell us what happened, so we just let it go. Then her wolf was gone."

The Alpha turned and looked at Jake, who was just staring at Ella's parents. "Where was this camping trip?"

"Up on Snake Road, along the border of the Artic Wolf Pack. About a three hours away from here." Robert said.

"We should go, Alpha," Jake said. "Maybe we can find something."

"Did you search for her or did she just come back to the campsite on her own?" the Alpha asked.

"I searched non-stop for her," Robert said. "I lost her scent. I couldn't smell her. When we found her, I still couldn't smell her. It was by luck that I came up on her."

"Please Alpha, let's go. I know I can fix her if I can figure out what happened," Jake pleaded.

"Very well, my friend," the Alpha said. He patted Jake's arm, then turned back to Robert. "You are coming too. We leave within the hour."


12