Ellen's Tale Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shobi was always immaculately dressed for work, today she wore a grey trouser suit and a white blouse with thin pleats down the front. The blouse was Julie's work but the suit was shop bought. Anna locked her hands behind her head and leaned back in her seat to stretch her back and then the idea popped into her head.

"Any plans for lunch?"

"Lunch?" Shobi stared at her, "I've only just had breakfast."

"I'm celebrating," she replied a moment later, "a little win at the pokies last night," she paused as Julie passed behind Shobi, "so, I'm sharing my wealth. It's not much but a win's a win, so what do you reckon?"

Shobi stared at her but Anna was more conscious of the odd look Julie was giving her.

"Um, sure. Thanks."

Satisfied that she'd solved her most pressing problem, Anna turned to her monitor and moved the mouse to disable the screensaver. After that she had to do the essential task of making a cup of coffee and she rose from her desk.

What Anna didn't know was that Shobi was staring at her buttocks as she walked into the canteen at the rear of the office but there was one woman who did take notice of both Anna and Shobi.

Julie.

Something's happened there.

***

"So, how much money did you win last night?" Shobi asked her as they headed into the carpark, "if you don't mind me asking."

"Um," she glanced over her shoulder, "I didn't win a bloody thing, I had to come up with that story to get you to the car. I've got something I need to get rid of and you're the only person I know who might use it."

"What?" Shobi stared at her, "oh, okay."

A minute or two later they were sitting in Anna's car and she reached down to pull out the bong. Shobi leaned down to pick it up with undisguised admiration.

"Ooh, it's got a party cone as well, some bitch stole my last one," she looked at her, "but how did you come by this little beauty?"

"Last night at a friend's place," she replied, "we um... had a smoke and she begged me to take it off her hands. A friend gave it to her when she quit smoking but she's got teenage kids and just wants it out of the house."

"You had a smoke last night?" Shobi glanced at her, "your first?"

"Yeah, it was.. nice... I thought I'd wake up with a hangover at least but I was as bright as a button this morning."

"It's kind of big," Shobi stared straight ahead, "maybe if I buy something that needs a big enough plastic bag I might be able to slip it into the bag."

"Oh, don't worry about that," Anna reassured her, "I'll run you home instead."

"Okay, sure, that'll work too."

"So you could use it then."

"Fuck yeah, I've got two at home but I don't like the bamboo one and the other one is about three feet tall, I bring up half a lung just pulling on it."

"Okay then," Anna leaned back against the headrest, "well, let's have lunch. I'm still shouting you lunch though, just in case you're wondering."

"Let me shout you," Shobi slid the bong back under the seat, "and I'll let all the girls know about the great lunch you bought me with your winnings."

"Just don't make it sound ridiculously expensive," she pleaded as she grabbed her leg.

"Anna," she raised her eyebrows, "as if I'd do that," she glanced down at her leg and Anna let go a moment later.

"Sorry about that."

"Oh, I'm in so much pain," she reached over and squeezed her leg quickly, "come on, let's grab some food."

Anna expected Shobi to take her to Subway or maybe even Captain Kebab but instead they went over to Zagame's, which held mixed memories for her. Ritchie had loved it for the cheap food and the poker machines, whilst she'd been stuck watching television on a gigantic wall screen. On the other hand though, it was the place the staff at work chose for birthday celebrations and Christmas dinners. However, it was not the place the staff went for a quick bite and thus Anna felt almost as if this was like a date, just without the suggestion that things might go further until Shobi brought up the subject she'd skirted around at work.

Her separation. Anna had let it be known that she was separated almost as a matter of course, but that was because their wedding anniversary was two months away and she wanted to avoid getting cards or presents from her co-workers. Apart from that however, the only people she'd discussed her marriage woes with had been Julie and Ilona.

"So, how's it going at home?" Shobi asked her over a meal of grilled fish and steamed vegetables, "if you don't mind me asking."

"It's going better than I thought," she replied slowly, "but I'm not living in Coldstream right now, I'm boarding with the friend of a friend."

"And? Is that working out?"

"Yeah, she's an older woman and I met her through her boarder who rents the bungalow. I've got some privacy but if want to I can go out to the bungalow and hang out."

"And you're not going to try and patch things up with your ex?"

"No, I don't think I'll go to the trial unless the police want me to go."

"Well, there's plenty of fish in the sea, it's just that some don't taste very nice."

"Ha ha," she rolled her eyes, "but I'm not exactly looking for a replacement. I've had enough toxic masculinity to last a lifetime."

"Not all males are toxic," she put a mouthful of fish in her mouth.

"I know plenty of nice, sensitive men," she finished the sentence a few seconds later and then she winced, "although they are gay guys but there are a lot of nice men out there."

"I know," she frowned as she framed her next question.

"Tell me something, gay woman to straight woman. What's it like with a woman?"

"Huh?" Shobi stared at her as she brought the fork to her mouth.

"What was it like for you the first time? Were you always like this or did you sleep with men first and then switch sides? Asking for a friend," she smiled as she put a forkful of vegetables into her mouth.

"Hmm," Shobi murmured as she chewed slowly.

"I was always attracted to women, I did try it with a guy when I was eighteen and a half but I was very drunk and a bit stoned, but what do you want to know exactly?"

"The nitty gritty," Anna looked down at the remains of her meal, "what happens? Who goes first and is a sixty nine even physically possible?"

Shobi giggled and actually blushed.

"Well, that's quite a mouthful. Um, the last one is possible but not for long periods, it's good for like foreplay but cunnilingus is the main event. I love cunnilingus, both as a giver and a receiver, but with women there's a lot more emphasis on foreplay," she sipped her Coke.

"There's a lot of kissing, touching, massaging, talking, it lasts a lot longer than it does with men, they're done and dusted inside five minutes but we can take nearly an hour to climax. Once we're there though we can just keep going simply because of the way our bodies are built. A man just falls asleep because he's just not capable of going on."

"That sounds like just about every man I've ever known although I've not been with that many," she closed her eyes briefly.

"I had three boyfriends before Ritchie."

"So, you've had sex with four men in total."

"Embarrassing I know, but I'm careful. I like to get to know the guy first before I get into bed with him, there's just too many horror stories of women who ended up in bed with the wrong guy."

"So, what would it take for you?" Shobi asked her, "just asking for a friend," she winked.

"Um, I really don't know," she pictured Kym's face, "seduction plays a big role for me, I am the curious type but I don't know if I'm just more curious because I've ditched my husband or if I've always been curious."

"So, your fantasy crush when it comes to women?"

"Kristen Stewart maybe, or for an older woman, Cate Blanchett or Nicole Kidman but that's just three off the top of my head but they don't look like that in real life of course."

"I agree with your choices," she smirked, "especially when I'm masturbating."

"Ooh, there's that word again," Anna winced.

"You don't like that word?"

"I shouldn't feel so funny about it but I guess I just associate it with my high school years, I went to a religious school although my parents are atheists but the teachers were always harping on about the evils of masturbation, and dildos were the devil's tool."

Shobi giggled at that.

"I've got a dildo at home with a devil logo on it, it's got a rotating silicone shaft with dozens of little extrusions on it, when you press the button it rotates."

"Jesus," Anna winced, "do you mind not saying that when I've just had a mouthful of Coke."

"Haven't you got one?"

"Um, no, I tried buying one but Ritchie put his foot down and said his cock was good enough."

"That is so much like a man, you really should buy one from the sex shop down the road."

Anna felt the colour rising in her cheeks because one middle aged woman actually stared at them and then looked away.

"I'd be, um embarrassed."

"Then I'll come in with you," she reassured her.

Anna swirled the ice in the bottom of her glass as she considered her options.

***

Gitti frowned as she leaned on the breakfast bar. Angie's news had come suddenly but she had half expected something like this. She glanced at her old colleague on the other side of the bench, her partner, Tom was sitting next to her with half a cup of coffee cupped in his hand. Former detective, Tom McNally had failed to turn up for a bail check in twenty four hours ago and the word had gone out to all units to rattle the cages of his former associates and see what fell out.

So far there had been a few tense encounters with the leading lights of Melbourne's underworld, one of them, ecstasy kingpin, Dimitri was sitting in an interview room swearing that if he found that cunt McNally he'd turn him into dog food. It wasn't an idle threat, Dimitri's older brother, Alex owned a meat processing plant and it was rumoured that some of his rivals' remains could be found in dog food cans.

"So, none of his ex wives or their children have anything to say?" Gitti spoke up.

"No, but we've got one ex under surveillance because she seemed a little too coy, but we're hard pressed to cover all the bases. The boss thought maybe you'd have something that would help us to close the net, you had more to do with him than me."

"Granted," she stared past her as she let her mind slide back to the days when she was riding with the A team as they were called.

"What about Lynette?"

"Who's she?"

"She was the wife of Constable Derek Mansfield but Tom was back dooring the wife, I remember one arvo I drove two detectives to his house and they hauled him out to give him a good talking to. He agreed to back off but shortly afterwards Lynette filed for the divorce after Derek lifted his hands to her. Coincidentally or not, Tom was one of the investigating officers and helped her get sorted out. After that the back door accusations became a little silly when the guys found out that Derek had been hitting her for years. Tom went from back door merchant to local hero in the blink of an eye."

"So, she owed him something?"

"Yeah, you could say that," she straightened up, "he loaned her money to set up a hair salon down in Beaumaris and they were still keeping in touch years later."

"Maybe we should go and have a chat to her," Tom looked up.

"You could but she's a little wary of cops these days," Gitti replied, "but maybe an ex cop could have a chance at gaining her trust."

"You really think he's gone to her?"

"He probably isn't staying with her, there's a direct link in the system between them but he might need a place to stay and she's got a holiday home down at Dromana but before I talk to her I need some confirmation that she's got wiggle room, otherwise she'll clam up."

"Let me make the call," Angie slid off her seat and left the room.

She returned some five minutes later. She was still on the phone but it was plugged into earphones and their eyes met as she spoke to the person on the other end.

"Okay, I'll tell her," she pulled one earpiece out, "he says if she gives us an address that leads to his arrest then they'll file it under an anonymous tip from a local down at Dromana. There's been no official press release yet so she hasn't technically committed a crime."

"Good enough, when do we leave?"

"Let me find out," she turned away and thirty seconds later she turned back, "four okay?"

"Four," she stared at the clock on the wall, it was half past three and she nodded, "just let me call my last two clients."

Angie was on the phone for a further five minutes and when she ended the call she told her that they would leave about four. They did discuss giving her a wire but Gitti refused.

"She'll be wise to that anyway, let's just stick to a nice conversation between two women. She may not even know his whereabouts and in that case?"

"It gets released to the public. The airport and harbour have been warned. Dimitri has to be released by seven, they've managed to wring a few more hours out of the lawyer on old charges but after that he has to be unleashed onto the street."

As they were driving away half an hour later Gitti sent a text to Ellen.

Gitti: Something's come up regarding our 'friend,' I have to speak to an old friend of his and do the soft sell on her. I'm with Angie right now. Are you staying home tonight?

Ellen: I was going to have Jacinda around but we've decided to go to her joint seeing as Tab's at her sleepover but I can change plans if you need someone there for Anna? I'm assuming this is that kind of question?

Gitti: It is but there's no need to panic at the moment, he won't have made the connection yet but it might be an idea to call her and see if she can crash at Kym's or a friend's joint.

Ellen: I'm just leaving with Tab now, I'll deal with this. You focus on what you have to do.

Gitti: Thanks! Text me if you've got problems and I'll arrange to have some company sent around.

Ellen stared at the message as she read it and then she swiped the screen and found Anna's number, she touched it and raised the phone to her ear.

Anna answered on the second ring and Ellen swallowed as she passed on the news.

"So, he's on the loose?"

"Possibly, she was a bit cagey about it though. Look, I'm dropping Tab off as we speak but I can change plans in a heartbeat, Jacinda can come over to my joint and we can make other arrangements if you're going to come back home."

"I could go back to Coldstream," she ventured.

"No, if that's your only option then I'll change plans," Ellen replied, "what about Kym? Or is that not an option?"

"No," she stared at Shobi as the hint of an idea came to her, "hang on," she lowered the phone.

"Can you come with me? I have a favour to ask you."

Shobi shrugged and standing up, followed her into the staff canteen, thankfully there was no one else there at this hour in the afternoon.

"Okay," she turned around to face Shobi, "um, I need somewhere to stay but just for one night, can I stay with you?"

Shobi's eyes widened slightly.

"It's to do with this police business, and I promise it's nothing I've done but I need a place for one night. I'll even pay you money."

"Hey, stop it," Shobi held up her palms, "no money, it's cool. You can crash at my joint."

"Thanks," she looked down, "I can crash at Shobi's joint. So, you go onto Jacinda's and I'll see you tomorrow at home."

After ending the call she stared past Shobi for a moment and then exhaled.

"Thanks," she stepped forward and threw her arms around her, "I'm so sorry about this."

"It's cool," Shobi rubbed her back, "it's cool."

Anna released her and stepped out of the canteen. Shobi turned to the water tower and as soon as she was alone she took the phone out of her pocket and selected a number called A. The man at the other end answered on the third ring.

"Hello, it's Shobi... look, I have to cancel tonight. I've got a splitting headache and my back is a bit sore but I can do Saturday and Sunday in lieu of tonight."

"That's okay, a bit short notice but your work has been exemplary," the man paused, "so, you'll do an extra six hours?"

"No problem, line them up," she smiled.

Two minutes later she pocketed the phone and sipped her water. She'd be six hundred dollars down tonight but she'd earn that on Saturday and again on Sunday. Her eyes shifted to the wall as if she could see through it. If she could find a woman to join the weekend parties she'd earn a big finder's fee, she stepped out into the open plan office and looked at Anna sitting at her desk.

Maybe? It's still a risky move for me though.

***

More than once in the last few weeks Anna had felt like she was out of control. It had started with the day Ritchie punched a hole in the wall and last night things had escalated dramatically when she slept with Kym. An hour ago she'd walked into the sex shop in Boronia Road with Shobi and after checking that no one was watching she'd followed her inside this long forbidden but tempting den of iniquity.

Once inside she'd been treated to a veritable sea of sex toys, lingerie, magazines, books, DVDs and a blow up doll that looked kind of like Marilyn Monroe, if she'd indulged in plastic surgery, the lips were open and much larger than normal lips and the eyes too big. The doll had been dressed in a white dress similar to the one the real life Marilyn had worn in one of her movies.

However, it was the dildos Shobi guided her too and she soon found herself gingerly touching them at first and then performing a more detailed examination until she finally picked not one, but two dildos. One was a flesh-coloured dildo shaped like a cock and balls that looked and felt like the real thing. The other was electric and came with a USB charging point and cable. It had large extrusions that looked like rolls of fat wrapped around the shaft. The instructions on the back claimed that it rotated when you selected the third button, it also came with AAA batteries as part of a special offer for this month only.

Anna stared out the front window of Shobi's house in suburban Heathmont, a half hour walk from the station or a ten minute bus ride from the bus stop at the end of the street. She felt disoriented and she swallowed as she identified the source of anxiety. It had to do with the sudden change of plans, she hadn't even gone home first. Spontaneity was becoming more frequent and it was niggling at her, she longed for stability, a regular routine, and no more sudden surprises.

She squinted at the bong on the coffee table. It brought back memories of last night when she'd stood in Kym's kitchen and smoked it. Her eyes shifted to the sofabed in the middle of the room. It was upholstered with grey, crushed velvet and she stepped over to it and ran a hand over the soft material. This was to be her bed for the night, she glanced at the bong on the coffee table.

And if that's the case I might indulge. Maybe I should become more spontaneous.

She stared at the door leading to the hallway and a minute later left the room, her heels clicked on the wooden floor as she made her way to the first bedroom where Shobi was changing out of her work clothes. The younger woman turned around as she looped the tie around her neck and folded the collar of her blouse up and Anna's eyes widened in surprise at the black, pinstripe suit and white blouse she was wearing.

"What're you dressing up for?"

"Dinner," she started to fashion the knot, "I don't get many dinner guests let alone house guests, so when I do I dress to impress," she glanced at her, "but you look fine though, I'm the perfectionist here, as you can see."

"Okay," she cocked her head to one side, "thanks, um... I was wondering, and I'll pay you for it but could I have a bit of dope tonight? Seeing as I'm crashing here."