Embrace Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I shouldn't think so, madame. I find my chief flaw is optimism. I'm working hard to stamp it out."

The woman smiles that disturbing predatory smile again.

"Quite." She drums her fingernails on the glossy table top. "And wrathfullness? Petulance?"

"I think you are in a better position to judge. What with life being so fraught lately I..."

The mysterious woman raises a hand.

"Peace. Time is short. You have never disobeyed your sire."

It's not a question, so Amelia doesn't speak.

"If he is disappointed in your behaviour it can only be because he has not made his instruction clear enough. A shame for both of you really."

The woman stands and Amelia does the same for politeness sake.

"You generally have good instincts when it comes to manners, but still I will explain. It is unacceptable to avoid looking your elder in the eye."

Amelia anxiously meets the woman's hard stare and her mouth is suddenly far too dry to talk.

"F... forgive me madame..."

"Not at all, childe. You hide nothing. Your entire life story is written on your face."

Amelia plays the words over in her mind again. And her heart sinks.

"My sire's angry with me again?"

"We will walk together now."

It could be a stroll like that afternoon in the park with mama and the matchmaker. It's slow but purposeful.

"Madame..."

"Eleanor. You may call me Madame Eleanor. Here is the way now. Take my arm."

Fear makes her awkward. Amelia concentrates on putting one foot in front of the other without snagging her skirt. Suddenly they are in the throne room. The prince is standing with a bare sword blade propped rather rakishly over one shoulder. Amelia feels faint.

"Eleanor, a pleasure as always. Stand aside now dear and let's get this unpleasantness over with. You kneel girl." He snaps his fingers. "Right here."

Amelia remembers the elder's words and carefully looks Prince Paracida in the eye. It's not at all reassuring. She sinks to her knees at his feet to await his judgement. A curious calm descends on the throne room.

"Did you feed in my city?" he asks.

"Did I... no your sovereign highness I did not."

"I'll ask you one more time. Just so we have no misunderstanding. Did you put your teeth in a human being or animal outside this palace?"

"No my lord, I swear I have not." She discovers that if she is frightened enough, a sheen of sweat with a pink tinge covers her entire skin. What the devil is this? She has not attacked anyone? A cold realisation grows that the burden of proof is minimal in this court.

"Well that does complicate matters. You see, someone saw you kill a man and toss his remains into the river. What say you to that?"

"By God I deny it, they are mistaken! I've taken only that which has been given to me in my chamber, please Lord Prince, please listen, I can account for every movement I have made, you must believe me."

"Ha." The prince shakes his head. "You're dismissed. I believe you girl. Madness."

Amelia chokes up with tears. She runs from the throne room and has barely a memory of how she has reached her cell. Before she can calm herself, her feet carry her back to the corridor in search of Madame Eleanor.

She finds the elder sitting on a little stone seat in an alcove.

"Tears will do you no good at all."

Amelia takes the pretty handkerchief she's offered and dabs her eyes.

"Should I kneel?" she asks, all the emotion flooding her voice is sickening. She really does hide nothing, and it will not do.

"Sit." The elder pats the seat beside her. "I am aware that it was mere jealousy and backbiting but I am afraid the evidence was stacked against you. You were seen leaving the palace grounds with a man, and now that man is dead. It was a close thing."

"It was." Amelia agrees. "Things can change so quickly."

"And yet remain most distressingly constant. Relentless, one might say."

Amelia blows her nose. One might also say that the little detail of the accused making an honest picture of herself, looking her prince in the eye, and showing an admirable portion of respect helped her case. Yet however benevolent Madame Eleanor's advice seems, Amelia finds herself dealing with a level of paranoia that she did not have a week ago.

"I'm sad that the man died. I think he killed himself. He'd just had enough of all this."

She doesn't know what to make of the look Eleanor gives her. It really could go either way.

"You think I'm pathetic."

"Not at all. Only human."

"So who told the Prince I killed him?"

Eleanor stands, and of course Amelia does the same. "You are required to attend a meeting tomorrow in the cellar below the library. It should be more interesting than usual. Only remember, you are there to observe. If anyone should address you directly, be wise enough to direct them to your sire."

"Thank you Madame Eleanor."

"Oh childe. This is no kindness. When you get a sense of who your enemy is, you may well wish the prince had put you out of your misery

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
Winter_FareWinter_Fareover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you!

Plenty more where that came from x

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have to respect the effort it must take to do all the backstabbing that occurs in this story along with all the half truths, outright lies and confusing lingo to make it so difficult on her. Excellent chapter and so well thought out and written. To me a five star at least.

J.D.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Embrace Ch. 01 Previous Part
Embrace Series Info

Similar Stories

Growing Needs Ch. 01 A shemale centaur's body starts growing in lots of ways.in NonHuman
Home for Horny Monsters Ch. 001 Mike inherits an old house. There's a nymph in the tub!in NonHuman
A Succubus Awakens Ch. 01 Gwen discovers her body isn't the only thing that's changing.in NonHuman
Amazonian Womb Worms Ch. 01-05 What happens when a penis-like parasite finds a woman host?in Erotic Horror
Pagans Revenge Girl gets magical revenge after the last straw.in Erotic Horror
More Stories