Empty World Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked away. Maybe she was blushing, the room was dark, it was hard to tell, but her trembling hands slowly started to unbutton her shirt. Max, immediately on his feet, covered her hands with his.

"Molly, what are you doing?" he asked softly.

"I-," she stammered, biting her lip. "You- you've been so good to me, I want... to show you... how grateful I am...," her voice was no more than a scared whisper.

"Molly," his voice made her lift her eyes to finally look in his face. "Don't. You don't owe me anything. Now go to sleep, girl."

She looked in his eyes for several long seconds, then vanished, softly closing the door behind her.

--//--

"Lu... Lu... please, wake up..."

"Huh.. wha...? Mols, what are you doing here?" Lu asked groggily, sitting up and pulling the sheet up to cover herself.

"I- I'm sorry, your door was open... and I..." Molly was clearly upset.

"Hey, calm down, chica, what happened?" Lu patted the bed beside her, and Molly sat, sniffing.

"He... he doesn't want me..."

"He- what? What did he do?!" Lu was fully awake now.

"Nothing... he didn't do anything... I wanted to repay him for his kindness and..."

I should have expected something like that, Lu groaned inwardly. She hugged Molly's shoulders.

"Girl, I know you've lived among bad and cruel people. But we're not like that, we pay for kindness with kindness. A simple 'thank you' would be enough. Your body is not a commodity, never treat it as such. Do you understand?"

Molly raised her tearful eyes to her and nodded. Lu softly wiped her tears and kissed her forehead.

"Can- can I stay with you... please?" Molly whispered.

"Sure, girl, get in," Lu scooted back and lifted the sheet, inviting Molly to join. Molly stood up, unbuttoned her shirt and dropped it to the floor. Of course she's not wearing anything else, why would she, Lu thought. Molly got under the sheet, turning her back, and Lu spooned her again, feeling her naked butt pressing back into Lu's naked hips. That talk about underwear? Shove it, Lu, you hypocrite.

"G'night, Molly..."

"Night, Lu..."

Lu was back asleep in a minute, but Molly wasn't.

"It's time to say our goodbyes, Mols. I've done everything I could for you, and you're in good hands now - these are good people indeed. Be well, girl."

Molly sighed, a tear rolling down her cheek.

"Goodbye, Connie..."

There was silence inside now, but not scary - peaceful. Soon, Molly drifted off.

--//--

Lu found Max in security, feet up on the table, watching the displays and working on his coffee mug.

"Morning, Weller!" She was her usual energetic self after a workout and a nice shower. Max frowned. "Still not a morning person, I see."

"Morning. My back's fucking killing me after my run yesterday," he grumbled.

"Aww, you want a massage, my poor Max?" She pursed her lips.

"Maybe some other time," he put his mug down and stood up, stretching. "How's Molly?"

"Still taking a shower after our morning warm up. I showed her my basic pilates routine."

"You know I wasn't asking about that."

Her mood dropped a couple degrees. She sat on the couch with a sigh and took a sip out of his mug.

"Long story short? Kidnapped four years ago at Los Gatos, sold to Lizards as a slave, spent a year in Nevada. After the clan went bankrupt, all their assets were auctioned, Molly ended up with Mormon Nomads, not much better. Found herself alone in the encampment four days ago, broke the chain, grabbed a car, traveled south, found the Tower, the rest you know," she took another sip and put the mug down.

"Hey," Max called softly. "It's not your fault."

She looked up menacingly, then her face relaxed.

"Thanks for turning her offer down, by the way," she muttered.

"Wh- what?" Max spread his hands, lost for words. "Do- do you really think it could have gone any other way?"

He was getting seriously angry, and Lu suddenly felt uneasy.

"Do you think I'm a fucking horndog who can't keep it in his pants? Is that what I'm reduced to in your imagination?" He nearly shouted now.

Lu was already on her feet, glaring daggers at him.

"No, Weller! Actually, I think you can't fucking get it up! I can understand why you wouldn't want to have sex with her," Lu pointed at the door, where Molly was now standing, terrified by the scene - Max didn't notice her entering. "What I don't understand is why this..." she practically tore her jacket off, revealing her gorgeous bust in all its glory - she foregone wearing a bra today. "...doesn't interest you anymore!"

Max's face scrunched up, he deflated and slumped into a chair behind him.

"I- I can't, Lu... I can't allow myself to hurt you again..." He muttered and hid his face in his hands.

"You were in therapy! You got better! You haven't had a single episode in years!" Lu was mad. He raised his eyes and met hers, standing up.

"How do you know all that?" He asked, tilting his head.

"I've been keeping tabs on you, you asshole! Do you think I did not regret my decision to quit on you every single day?" she shouted at the top of her lungs. The only woman I know who can scream like that, and she's doing it again - screaming at me, he thought. Fucking deja vu.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Mother chimed in. "But an aggressive stormfront is incoming."

Max turned his head to the display. Huge supercell, the biggest he'd ever seen, full of lightning flashes, was coming from the east. It covered the mountains and was closing in - fast.

"Category?"

"Third, possibly fourth."

"FUCK!" Lu was already putting her jacket back on.

"Mother, blast protocol!" Max barked.

The building seemed to vibrate and tremble, like a waking up giant - blast shutters began rolling down on all outside windows and doors.

Three minutes later the storm hit the Tower.