Enchantress 3 - The Last Elf

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Is there some place that you'd rather be?"

"I want to be wherever you take me."

From the top of the pass on Breeders Peak they could look down on the entirety of the Duchy of Wægn, from widdershins to turnwise the entire valley was laid out below them. The borders of the farms and the roads and paths were hidden under the snow, but it looked peaceful. "I like it here," Octavia finally said as the snow spiraled down again.

"Good, because I think I'll keep it," grinned Nick and with a flick of the reins, they were heading down into the Valley of Lancre.

The snow was coming down heavily by the time they reached the castle and Lancre town truly had the holiday feel to it. Shoppers from all over the kingdom were strolling from shop to shop, carolers on corners, a hot cider stand had a small band playing and the jingling of Trixie's bells made the young family happy they accepted Nana Partridges invitation to live there which seemed so long ago. When Nick reached the castle, it was such a joy to stay with his wife and turn Trixie over to the footmen who whisked her away to the stables. Every previous time, it was Nick, ending up in the stables.

Inside the castle, the holiday decor was glorious. "Right this way," said Harold Lorechestershire the Hereld, and he led Nick and Octavia through the castle they've been in and out of for the past year. As they turned the corner, Herald led them to the formal dining room and stopped. The room was packed with dignitaries from all over the kingdom, and when the king looked up from the head of the table and smiled, everyone turned to look at them.

"Why are they all smiling?" whispered Nick. "I usually piss them all off."

"It's what you do best."

Nick and Octavia stood in the doorway elbowing each other until Harold announced, "Your highness may I present their grace, the Duke and Duchess of Wægn, Pommeraie de la Montesquieu and Octavia Worblehat-Stein and son Marlon."

They slowly walked up the full length of the table while everyone applauded them. They went all the way to the head of the table and Nick let Octavia sit next to the queen so she could fawn over Marlon. "It sounds like you had quite a harrowing journey," said King Verance.

"I've had worse," said Nick. "I was just glad for the company." Harold whisked away their coats and hats while Octavia sat next to Queen Magrat ruining her boy-girl-boy-girl seating arrangement, but there was a newborn to be coddled.

After the meal was completed and the business of the kingdom was taken care of and next year's tax burden distributed, Nick finally got the King alone for a moment and asked, "Do you know where the and sleigh I was given came from?"

"Oh, that? That was a bribe from the Prime Minister of the Agatean empire Mister Lung Mist, hoping to sway your heart to continue teaching the future emperor."

"We will consider it, your highness," said Octavia, "But if you will excuse us, the Duke has a wedding ceremony to conduct. We will be in Lancre Town again tomorrow."

"I do?"

"Yes, you do. I was asked if you would do it this morning."

"Let's go then."

This time it was Octavia's turn to drive, and the snow continued to make the ride smooth and quick. Trixie was a high-stepping horse who loved the trip, regardless of the steep climbs and the winds at Breeders Peak summit. Trixie reached speeds on those snowy mountain roads that terrified Nick, but Octavia grinned with joy as her raven tresses waved in the wind.

Finally, they reached their farm and Octavia left, leaving putting Trixie and the sleigh away to Nick. Luckily, a large pasture had been fenced off so Trixie can go commiserate with the sheep as Nick and Dexter shoved the sleigh into the barn.

Finally, Nick stepped into his cottage and hung up his coat and said, "Where is our anxious young couple that desires to be married?" He turned and saw Axemir and Eryri standing hand in hand, smiling nervously.

"That would be us."