All Comments on 'End of the World as We Know It'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years ago

Fantastic story! Perfectly paced for the 750 words. Of course I wanted more, but I was still satisfied at the end.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you SisterJezabel! I'm pretty pleased with this myself.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 3 years ago

Wonderful, dense storytelling. Painting such a detailed picture with so few brush strokes

HappySpouseHappySpouseover 3 years ago

That reads like an amazing opening scene to a movie. It really sets up a whole little universe in record time.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks, guys! I’ve been told my stories are too long. I suppose this one can’t be blamed for that :-)

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterover 3 years ago
Excellent!

Not sure why this is getting low (ish) ratings; it is very well written and may well be real in the future. It has a nice echo of Asimov's "Robots of Dawn" series, and of the current pandemic. Also very relevant to the rise of "Real Dolls" and other sex bots. I would love to explore it further.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 3 years ago

5 stars

great pace and a good story for 750 words

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It comes across as an excellent opening to a possibly great story. You obviously put quite a bit of thought into this and it shows.

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you theMasterBaiter, Lovecraft_Lore and anonymous. I’m glad I could get a story told in this very short format so that it convinced you guys.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 3 years ago

Here from the 750-word project. Silly me, thinking it was related to a certain song, didn't bother looking at the category or the tags. Well, I was taken in! Ha! Very nice job making it sexy (at least, at first) and more, with a meaningful story behind it. This could easily be continued (or expanded) if you wished, but you did a great job telling the tale in the 750 you had. Great work!

OmenainenOmenainenabout 3 years agoAuthor

@SouthernCrossfire: It’s time I had some time alone ;-)

GinloverGinloverabout 3 years ago

Starkly believable after what we’ve all been experiencing with the pandemic. Exceptional story for just 750 words.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...