Endangered Species Ch. 17-24

Story Info
Let's Make A Deal.
14.8k words
4.81
7.8k
21

Part 3 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/22/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,307 Followers

My stomach rolled, a combination of too much food and guilt. I barely made it to the garbage can before my second reversal of the morning. I felt Nurse Theresa holding my hair back as I vomited the little food I had in my stomach.

"I didn't mean for her to die," I said after I wiped my face with the paper towel she handed me.

"The Alpha doesn't want anyone who has been inside the base getting away," she replied. "Something about security risks."

I let her lead me back to the table. "You need to take your time eating. Juices, some cereal, maybe some scrambled eggs. I want you to wait two minutes between bites to ensure your stomach can handle it."

I went back to my plate. "Third time is the charm, right?" The guards were leaving us alone. "Will I get you into trouble by talking to you?"

"You don't understand the power you already have," Theresa told me. "They all know you are Cole's mate, thus the future Luna of the Pack. Three days after his bite and you will take your place. They won't defy Alpha Cole's orders for you, but they will do what you ask out of respect for your position."

"I haven't taken it yet."

She laughed. "That doesn't matter. You stood toe to toe with the Alpha multiple times and didn't back down. You stood up for Pack members, defending one, then taking a beating in your defiance."

"She was their slave, Theresa. She's not a Pack member."

"Am I just a slave? I'm a nurse. I work with the Pack Doctor. I've gained respect for my skills and contributions to the health of us all. Doctor Pine asked for my consent this morning, and will go to the Alpha for permission when he returns tonight."

"You want to become one of them?"

She nodded. "I was the nurse in the base clinic the night of their attack. They brought in a dozen women and two of their warriors, both of which had bullet wounds. I can't ignore the evidence I've seen of their healing capabilities, not to mention the enhanced senses and longer life expectancy. I recognize their kind is far more likely to survive the radiation and operate at night. I want the same for myself."

The conversation helped me get more food in. Theresa knew that as a nurse, she would have a status equal to a Warrior in the Pack hierarchy. "You haven't seen the surface for five days, Angela. When you arrived, they found dozens of women a night. Now? It's ten or less. Half of them have to be killed because they are blind and suffering from radiation sickness, and I don't have the resources to save them. Humans can't operate at night, and they can't survive the day. The fires and fighting are killing the ones who survived the first two weeks of this shit."

"How bad is it?"

She let out a sigh. "The Puget Sound region had four point six million people as of the 2020 census. If I had to guess based on what I've seen and heard? If there are forty-six thousand still alive, we'd be doing well. Seattle and the suburbs burned, and most homes around here don't have basements. We are in the best possible situation to survive by attaching ourselves to this Pack, whether we like it or not."

"So you're all right with them breeding slaves?"

She let out a sigh. "It's better than the alternative. These women would be dead or dying otherwise. At least here, they have food, shelter, medical care, work, and a future. They can live a full life."

I rolled my eyes. "They just don't understand how good they have it as breeders," I said sarcastically.

"No, they don't. Not yet. You need to help these women to accept their place, Angela. They are the lowest in the Pack now, but that can change. They will have children that they can raise to be full members, even if they don't take the change like me. The beatings can only keep them in check for so long, and you know the price for disrespect. An attack on a werewolf is punishable by death. You are the only one who can bridge the gap."

It was a lot to take in. I'd been so worried about how to approach the wolves that I hadn't considered the humans. What was in THEIR best interest? Many wanted to escape, but leaving meant almost certain death. How could I convince them to swallow their anger? How could I gain their loyalty while taking a spot at the top of the Pack that enslaved them?

It was enough to make my head hurt. Theresa left after verifying I was keeping some food down, and I finished eating thirty minutes later. I felt better now, and I was ready to get going. "Change of plans," I said to my guards. "Instead of going back to work in the warehouse, I want to visit all the places the breeders are working. I need them to see me and talk to me."

"Those aren't our orders," one objected.

"Then get permission from Luna Melanie." A quick mental conversation, and she nodded. Our first stops were the kitchen and laundry. After that, it was time to break for lunch. I insisted on helping with service like the other humans, which made the wolves nervous. The Alpha wasn't here, and none of them would look me in the eye while I poured juice or served food.

When the wolves left, I ate with the other humans. A quick count showed there were three hundred and thirty-eight of us here. When we finished eating, I asked the guards to leave the room. "We are under orders to protect you," she objected.

"You'll be outside, and I don't need protection from my fellow breeders," I said as I held my tattooed hand out. "They won't talk to me honestly with werewolves around."

"They are supposed to get back to work!"

"And I need time with them. If you need to, ask the Alpha or Luna to come and talk to me. This is important."

The guard went into a mental conversation, which ended when she motioned for the other guards to follow her outside the dining hall. When the doors closed, I asked all the Breeders to gather around me. "Good afternoon. My name is Midshipman First Class Angela Summers. I'll tell you my story before I ask for yours." I paused and looked around the sea of faces. "I was at sea on the USS Maine when everything went to hell. We lost radio and satellite communications right away. Every ship we came across was a floating tomb. I volunteered with one other Midshipman to go ashore and attempt to contact someone in our Chain of Command."

"How long ago was this?"

"Six days ago, we landed to the west of Port Townsend. The residents of the coastal area were already dead from the radiation exposure. We hid under a cliff for a day, then paddled a sea kayak around to get to this base. Port Townsend is nearly gone from fire, and it's not the only one. I think the big glow in the distance was Seattle burning."

"The downtown was gone before then. The suburbs are burning now," another woman said. "I saw it from Silverdale. Bremerton was burning when I left there four days ago."

Others nodded in agreement. "Survivors are building fires to work at night, and if they get away, it's not like the fire department will come," another added.

"We landed our kayak at the docks and went into the administration building. We missed the battle, finding only one survivor who died shortly after. The werewolves had looted the armory and killed everyone else."

"Not everyone," a woman in the back replied. "After our surrender, they took a bunch of us women out in trucks."

"The men were then executed," I continued. "We stayed there until nightfall. We were planning to visit other headquarters when I got captured. Like you, I was marked as a breeder and put to work."

"You didn't stay that way long," another scoffed. "Not with the Alpha taking a liking to you."

"Trust me, I didn't ask for that, and I can't change it." Some of these girls had been here a week, some a day. I asked the more recent arrivals to talk about their experiences and what was happening out there. The reports were worse than I expected; law and order had completely broken down. Roving bands were taking anything they wanted, including the women. It was a complete societal breakdown.

I spent the next twenty minutes explaining what I'd learned about the Pack, mating, and their plans to use us to birth the next generation of werewolves. "I can't excuse what they did or their plans for you. You have all suffered, some far more than others. The wolves believe their Goddess chose me to rule next to their leader. I could reject him, but that would accomplish nothing for the rest of us. I plan to accept the role IF I get the authority to change things surrounding all of us. I can fight for better living conditions, better treatment, more autonomy over our decisions, and an end to forced impregnation. I need to find a way to keep us all alive and integrate us into the Pack family."

"I want nothing to do with those bastards," a woman in front said. "I'd rather die out there."

"That's almost certain if they let you go," I replied. "You heard the stories. I hate the Alpha's methods, but we all have safe shelter, food, and medical care. Nobody else in the region has that, and you shouldn't be in a hurry to give that up."

"What are our options?"

"From what I understand, membership in the Pack is limited to those who are werewolves. Some of you may want to make that change, and I will ensure it stays available." There was murmuring at this. "There are a lot of advantages to being a wolf that I talked about earlier. Those who remain human, I want to have more rights and protections. You would be part of the Pack at the lowest level, you would perform duties to help the Pack, and encouraged to have children to grow the Pack."

"They've already put their damn turkey baster in me," a woman complained.

"And I will work to stop involuntary impregnation. The world has gone to shit, and you have a chance to help repopulate it."

"What if we refuse?"

I thought about whether to tell them about Breeder 84. The others had warned them how bad the outside world was; if they were willing to risk that, I wouldn't change their minds. "Let's see where we sit first. Those interested in becoming a werewolf, move to my left. If you want to stay, remain here by me. If you want to leave, go over there." People started moving, and some shouted questions. "You can change your mind later on. I need to know how many are in each group before I start my negotiations with the Alpha."

It took a minute for people to move around. A couple of dozen wanted to become werewolves. About half were willing to stay, while the rest wanted out. "Thank you. I've kept you away from your duties long enough. Please be patient while I work through things, and I'll keep you informed."

"When will you know?"

"I'll make my demands after breakfast. It will take three days before my first shift when Alpha Cole bites me. After that, I can take my place as a leader of the Pack. In the meantime, let's not do anything stupid or pop off to the wolves. My ass can't take another beating." There was laughter about that. "Thank you."

I walked to the door and knocked, letting the guards know the meeting was over. I joined my coworkers and headed to the warehouses. Trucks were returning from their scavenging runs that needed to be unloaded, sorted, and stored.

I ignored the Alpha's arrival at dinnertime. I refused invitations to dine at his side or join him in our room. When he got mad, I dropped my scrub bottoms and walked away, displaying the welts and bruises on my ass and legs.

I slept with the other Breeders that night, and the Alpha's wolf slept outside the door.

Ch. 18

I was nervous as we headed to the kitchens to prepare for breakfast service. Cole's wolf was long gone when the door opened, and the guards confirmed I had a meeting with the senior wolves after breakfast. I had a plan, but I didn't know if it would work.

On the other hand, no plan survives the first shot.

In this case, it came while the Pack wolves were eating breakfast. I had again refused to sit with Cole, staying with the women tasked with serving the tables. I was filling glasses with juice when there was a commotion at the door.

A wolf opened the door. "Alpha, Members of the Brinnon Pack, Beta Thomas Kendell, and two warriors are here with news from the Quinalt Pack." Three men came inside, wearing only loose shorts. Beta Thomas was a giant of a man, his escorts young and in shape. The Alpha and the others at the main table stood while the rest of the Pack members watched silently. The Beta was wide-eyed as he looked around, taking in the numerous human females in the room.

There was growling, then a commotion as his two junior wolves frantically searched for the scent that called to their souls. As they pushed through the tables towards their mates, the other wolves scrambled to get clear of them before anyone got hurt.

The first of the two human mates screamed and started to run away when she saw the nearly-naked man with an obvious erection heading right for her. "DON'T RUN FROM HIM," I yelled.

"BITE HER WITHOUT PERMISSION, AND YOU DIE," his Beta added.

He trapped her against the wall, his nose buried in her neck. She stopped screaming as he talked to her, eventually sitting against the wall as he knelt in front of her.

The other girl? She wouldn't listen. Her jug of water dropped to the floor as she ran for the kitchen, her blonde hair streaming behind her. Her mate slipped on the water, landing heavily, then shifted and scrambled after her. Melanie and I ran after them, stopping inside the doorway. The gray and black wolf had the young girl trapped in the corner. She was quaking in fear, her back to the wall, hiding her head behind her knees. The wolf was growling at anyone who tried to get close to her.

"Everyone out," Melanie ordered. The kitchen staff left us alone. "You need to shift." The Quinalt Warrior changed back, his hands covering his evident excitement.

I grabbed a dishcloth and tossed it to him to cover up. "You might want to back off while we get you some clothes. Your mate is not going anywhere."

"She's afraid of me!"

"No shit, Sherlock." I walked over to the girl, placing my hand on her shoulder. "I won't allow him to hurt you," I promised.

"Like you could stop any of them!" She showed him the breeder tattoo on the back of her hand. "You're too late, wolf boy! The Pack marked me as their slave. Three days ago, they bred me like a prize heifer! They sensed I was fertile, tied me down, filled me with fresh werewolf spunk, and left me until it took!"

Oh. My. God. This was going to get bad quickly.

The warrior dropped the towel and lunged for her. I pulled her into my arms, but I couldn't protect her from a furious werewolf. He forced her legs apart, leaning forward until his nose got a good whiff of her sex. He let her go, roaring out his fury.

Alpha Cole and Beta Kendall came in and pulled the angry wolf out. I looked up at Luna Melanie while the girl shook in my arms. "Leave us. I'll explain things to her while you work that shit out."

She looked from me to the door, beyond which you could hear the wolf raging against the Alpha and the entire Pack. I couldn't blame him. The man waits his whole life for his mate, only to find her enslaved and possibly pregnant.

I wouldn't want to be the wolf who knocked her up, even if done with a turkey baster. It was one more topic I would bring up at the meeting!

After a few minutes, the poor girl calmed enough that I could walk her through the kitchen to a break room. I'd told all the girls about Pack mating habits last night, but I covered the highlights with her again. "What if I don't want him?"

"You can reject him, but you don't know him yet. He might be a good guy."

"He's one of them," she said with a shiver.

"He believes you are his destiny, his perfect woman. You won't feel it as strongly, but there will be a pull you'll feel towards him. The more time you spend, the deeper the connection will be. He needs your permission to bite you and change you, so don't give it until you are sure you want to be with him forever."

"I won't." She giggled. "He is hot, and did you see his abs? I could do laundry on those," she whispered.

"Can't be worse than my mate, and I'm getting erotic dreams you wouldn't believe," I said.

"Come on," I said as I stood up. "You being there will do more to calm your man down than anything else. You two have a lot to talk about." I led her back into the dining room. Most of the wolves were gone, and the humans were sitting to eat in the back of the room. At the front table, the three visiting wolves sat across from the Brinnon Pack leaders.

One of the young men had his mate on his lap while the other stood up with his palms out. "I am Brad Thorsenn, junior Warrior in the Quinalt Pack. I apologize for scaring you earlier. My anger was not with you, my beautiful mate."

"Nicole Pennington," she replied. She held out her hand, and he took it in his to sniff and kiss it. "That tingles!"

"I've waited my whole life to feel this," he replied.

Alpha Cole cleared his throat. "Beta Kendall needs to leave soon to make it to shelter before sunrise. Humans don't have rank, so under Werewolf Law, you go to your mate's Pack."

"What if I don't want to go," Nicole asked.

"You can reject him and stay here, or he will remain here until he can convince you to go with him," Beta Kendall said. "A werewolf won't abandon his mate."

"Come with me," Brad pleaded. "My family will be thrilled to meet you, and we can have a good life."

She thought about it. "What if I decide I don't want you after I get there?"

"I have to let you go if you reject me," he said with sorrow in his eyes. "You're my life now, Nicole. You'll see."

She looked at me, then nodded. "I'll go with you. It can't be worse than here."

Brad smiled and pulled her onto his lap. "You won't be sorry."

"We should be going then," Beta Kendall said. "I will carry your message to my Alpha." The three wolves and two nervous humans walked out of the room with two of our wolves as escorts.

"That was close," Melanie said.

"I'm going to grab some food, then we can start our meeting," I replied.

My read on the visiting wolves was that their report to their Alpha wouldn't be complimentary. If anything, it made the Pack a target. The Beta was mated, so what were the odds that both of the other wolves found human mates here? I bet a lot of single wolves would be visiting once the word got out.

That wasn't my problem; Alpha Cole and his stupid rules were. It was time to straighten some wolfy asses out.

Ch. 19

The other humans were starting to eat, and I didn't want them around for the next part. I asked Melanie if we could meet somewhere more private while I inhaled my breakfast. She agreed, telling one of the guards to escort me to the conference room when I'd finished.

Their conversation stopped when I arrived at the door. I closed the door behind me, taking a spot at the opposite end of the table from Alpha Cole. I was not ready to forgive him, not by a long shot. I winced in pain when I sat down, and he noticed. I hoped his wolf was harassing him constantly. I placed my hands in my lap and smiled at the others in the room.

"I don't know all of you, so we should start with introductions," I said. "I am Midshipman First Class Angela Summers, on temporary assignment from the USS Maine when captured by hostile forces who had taken over a US Naval Base. I am currently the highest-ranking naval officer held in this facility. For some reason, Luna paired me with your Alpha, but I have not accepted him as my mate or rejected him as of now." Cole bristled at my description; I'm sure he thought I should lead with being his mate, and the rest didn't matter anymore. "If you could tell me your names, ranks, and responsibilities within the Pack?"

I looked to my left. "Lois Fulman. I'm in charge of our security detail for the Luna, under the Lead Warrior's supervision."

partwolf
partwolf
2,307 Followers