Endless Love Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Let me go, or I'll kill him."

"You are surrounded. Only you are left. You are not going to survive this." One of my fellow Marines said this.

"You don't understand. Will you let an innocent civilian die? Lower your weapons and go."

"I'm sorry sir," I looked at the civilian man and lowered the rifle. I shot him in his right foot.

"Ahhh. Nyet."(ahh. No)

He fell down and within a second, I shot the terrorist in his head. He was dead right then.

"I'm sorry sir. I had to do it. Even if we let him go, I wasn't sure he would spare your life. Let me have a look at it."

I saw an exit wound.

"The bullet went through. Everything will be alright sir." I called the Medic. "Medic, we need help."

Medics came and took him on the stretcher.

"You had to shoot me in my leg, but thank you for saving my life I guess. I'm Viktor. This is my card. Whenever you are in Russia and need my help. Just call me."

"It's my job Sir. But thank you for your concern." The medics then took him in ambulance.

"Command, This is Vulture 1. Mission accomplished. All the hostiles are down. Need immediate extraction. Over." My senior then informed over radio.

"Roger that vulture 1. I'm dispatching units for exfil. Over and out."

I returned to the base. When I was unpacking, a soldier arrived.

"Sir. You have received something."

"Thank you, I'll be on my way."

It was a box. Inside it was a shoe of right leg and a paper with shoeprint on it. On the back of the paper, there was a short note.

It said, 'We are here for you.'

I knew who it was. I made a call.

"Hello."

"Hello Josh."

"Hey Danny. How are you?"

"I'm doing alright. I just received a package. That is your shoeprint. There is a shoe. I know that shoe, but I don't remember whose."

"So you got it."

"Yeah. Who was it?"

"It was Jason."

"Such a prick."

"He tried to make a move. threaten your mom."

"Your shoe print and his shoe? Isn't that reckless? If anybody knows it's you and maybe our friends, then?"

"I don't give a shit man."

"But I do. I would keep it as a souvenir but I have to burn it."

"Then do it. It is just to let you know that you do your job. We are here for each other. I know you'd do the same for anyone of us. I'll be reporting back to my base this weekend anyway."

"Thanks man. I'll call you back. Take care."

"You too. Bye."

"Bye."

Jason, it was the same abusive son of a bitch, my ex step father. Everyone in my new neighbourhood knew about him. The shoe and the footprint meant that Joshua and my other friends who were there, broke his right foot by beating him so much. I didn't want this kind of damage but hopefully this should teach him a lesson.

We had set a bonfire in the empty space in our base area. I took out the letter, the shoe and threw it in the fire. Others who were sitting with me may have understood something about why I was burning these.

"An unwanted guest?" One of the fellow soldiers asked me.

"Yeah, you could say that," I replied.

They didn't say or ask anything else.

A few years later, when Rachel was 13, somebody stole some of the money that she saved for computer. She didn't know who did it. Nobody could find who did it. She had to buy a lower spec. one. She said it would still be enough.

21 years ago

Daniel's P. O. V.

I was 24 year's old. Rachel was going to be 18 in a few days. Due to my job, I had missed her 4 birthdays. This was the important milestone of her life. I didn't want to miss. I gave a leave application to my senior. He thought about it and granted me for a week. I had went to market with Rachel last year. I saw she liked a dress. She didn't tell me because maybe it was too expensive. I bought the dress on the way back home. I didn't tell her about it.

When I entered the home, she saw me. She came running and hugged me tight. I hadn't really paid attention to how much she had grown up. She was looking really beautiful. I hugged her back.

"Hey Danny. You didn't tell us you were coming."

"I missed your birthdays, this is to make up for them. I wouldn't miss your 18th birthday for anything."

"Ohh, thank you." She kissed me on the cheek.

Mom came and hugged me too.

"Hello mom."

"Hello Danny. Let me have a look at you." She touched my cheek with her right hand.

"You have become weak."

"Really mom?" I smiled. "In that case, I'm really hungry."

"Take a shower first, you are sweating." Rachel said with a smirk.

"Yes ma'am, I'll do it."

I took a shower, got ready. Mom and Rachel already had set the table. Mom had made me my favourite cottage pie. We started talking.

"Mom, is everything good here?"

"Yes. This is really a good neighbourhood. I like these people."

"I know they like you too."

"A few years ago, Jason tried to hit me again."

"Here?"

"Yes, Joshua and 3-4 boys came to rescue."

"That's great. I knew I could count on these people."

"Few days after, I heard some goons beat him up pretty bad and broke his leg too."

"Must've been someone that he really pissed off. I didn't want this much damage for him, but I guess he may have learned his lesson."

"What?" mom looked at me surprised.

"Ohh. Mom, I didn't do it. I swear. But I didn't want me or anyone to hurt him this badly."

"Okay. That's alright."

Rachel must've sensed my overly controlled rage or maybe the fact that I may not have looked convincingly surprised enough. She looked at me in such a way that I knew that she didn't buy it. Without a word, she continued eating.

Mom sensed her unusual silence and said, "Rachel baby, why aren't you saying anything? Your brother is back after so many years."

"Yeah mom. Danny, how was your trip?"

"Uneventful and tiresome I'd say, but I was excited to meet you both."

She started having normal conversations. I told her funny stories during my missions. After we finished the dinner, Rachel and I washed the dishes together.

We went for a walk after that. For a while, she didn't say anything. When we were far enough and nobody else was around, she held my hand and stopped me. She looked at me curiously. I knew it was time to have the 'talk'.

"I know what you want to talk. I didn't do anything of that sorts," I said trying to clarify my side of the story.

"I know, you didn't. But you definitely know about what happened with Jason."

"Okay. I admit that I know what and who. But I can't tell you that."

"Why not?"

"I can't let them get into trouble for what they did for my family. I know, I would do the same for them."

"Please, tell me."

"Rachel, I always tell you everything. But there are some things that you shouldn't know the details. This is one of those. It is necessary for the protection of those who protected my family when I had to be away. Think of it as plausible deniability. If need arises, this will keep you and them out of trouble."

She stayed silent for a moment.

"Okay. How?"

"I had put in a word that I needed both of you looked out for."

"Thank you." She hugged me and silently cried a little. "I haven't seen mom feel so safe and happy in years, especially after dad died."

"I'd do anything for you and you know that."

"I know. That's why I knew that you knew at least something."

After little more talking, we went back home.

Two days later

TIME: 23:59:59

I stayed awake to wish Rachel a happy birthday. Precisely at 12:00 AM, I woke her up0

"Happy birthday my sweet little sister."

"Happy birthday my lovely daughter."

"Thank you very much, both of you."

Mom and I were holding a cake with a lit candle on it. We sang the birthday song for her and then she blew the candle. She closed the eyes and made a wish.

"I have something for you."

I handed her the packet which contained the dress that I got for her. The surprise on her face when she saw the dress was amazing. I can't forget it ever.

"How did you know?"

"I saw you admire this dress when I was coming back from the washroom in the mall last year. You saw the price tag and then left it there."

"It is not cheap."

"It's your birthday, why anything cheap for you?"

"Thank you very much." She hugged me. I noticed tears fall out of her eyes.

"Why the waterworks my dear?"

"These are tears of joy." She said looking at me. I wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"Wear it in the evening. Now go to sleep. It's late. Goodnight."

"Goodnight brother." She hugged me again and kissed my cheek.

I hugged her back. Then I moved the hair in from of her eyes away and then kissed her forehead. I left her room.

The next evening.

I got ready wearing a tuxedo. I was waiting for her while she was getting ready. In a few minutes, I she entered the room. I saw her, I couldn't say anything. She was looking so beautiful I don't have any words that can describe her. The dress was a perfect fit. It fit her like a glove would. Everyone else in the room were taken by surprise by how beautiful she looked. Even some girls were checking her out.

She saw me looking at her. She looked at me and smiled.

"How am I looking brother?"

"I don't even know what to say."

"Good or bad?"

"You looked in the mirror while you were getting ready, didn't you? I don't think anyone will dare to say that you look ugly."

"Thank you." She then smiled her million Watt smile.

The way she looked, it melted my heart. I felt more protective of her than I already was.

It was time to cut the cake. All of us sang the birthday jingle for her. She blew the candles and cut a piece. She fed me that. I cut one piece too. I fed her. She cut another piece and fed mom. Mon did the same to her. I had bought a bottle of red wine. We drank one by one. She was little bit tipsy.

Mom was tired, so she went to her bed early. After the party was over, I lifted her in my arms to take her into her bed. She had held me by my neck. I was leaving her bedroom, suddenly she held my hand.

"Don't go. Please stay." She said looking at me.

"It's late already. You should take rest."

"I feel so safe with you, please don't go."

"Okay. But change the dress first."

While she went to change the dress, I stayed out of her room. I heard a THUD.

"What the hell..."

I went inside, she was sprawled on the bed with her dress halfway down her body. I tried not be turned on by the sight of her semi naked body. She wasn't fully asleep yet. I found her pajamas. I held her upright, while I was sitting on the edge of the bed. I slipped the top on her. She was trying to balance herself by holding her arms around my neck. All the while she was looking into my eyes with her drunk gaze. It was proving difficult by the second to not to just drown in her gaze. By a lot of tries, I succeeded to put her legs into the pajama bottoms. I positioned her on the bed gently. Pulled the covers over her. I thought now that she is going to be asleep any second, I should leave the room.

Somehow she managed to pull me by my wrist again.

"You promised me you'll stay."

Defeated, I said "Fine. I'll be back."

She pulled the covers aside for me. I went to my room, took off tuxedo and pulled on t-shirt and shorts. I went back to her room. I saw she was trying hard to stay awake. I understood that she wasn't going to let go. I laid beside her. She pulled the cover over us. She looked into my eyes and smiled.

"What?"

"Nothing." She said looking at me with that unfamiliar smile.

She turned away and held my hand. She put my hand over her which was on her tummy. We were snuggled to each other. I could smell a hint of sweat and her peach perfume.

"This is a dangerous position to lie down." I said.

"It is not."

"What if mom sees us?"

"She'll see two siblings who care for each other."

"This isn't exactly how siblings lie down."

"I don't care."

"You should. We'll be in a lot of trouble if we're seen by anyone."

I couldn't decide what to do. In a few minutes, I realized that she is asleep. I wanted to go back to my bed, but couldn't. In a few minutes I fell asleep too.

Being a marine for more than half decade, I woke up abruptly in the morning. I saw my hand was somehow touching her left breast over her pajama top. This time, her hand was over mine. I gently pulled my hand away and left her bed. I could've stayed but mom would've seen us. In addition to that, my bladder was screaming for release.

I emptied my bladder but that wasn't enough. I was having a boner that I had to release. I started jacking off. Suddenly her semi naked body that I had seen appeared in my vision. My nuts burst out at the same moment.

"What the fuck are you doing? She's your sister for God's sake." I felt guilty for letting this happen.

I went to the kitchen for some breakfast. Mom was making some pancakes.

"Good morning mom."

"Doesn't feel like it."

"Why? What happened?"

"Ask yourself what's wrong."

"What?"

"I understand that you two are close but it isn't appropriate."

"It is nothing like that Mom."

"Really?"

"Mom! Nothing happened, you of all people shouldn't accuse us of something like that. Besides, I'm going back to the base this evening."

Then Rachel entered the kitchen. Mom didn't let her discomfort show.

"You are going back already?" She said with her upset eyes.

"I have to go back."

She couldn't think of any argument against it that would stop me.

I had to drop her to school. While I was driving, she didn't say anything for a long time.

"Why didn't you stay in the morning with me? I wanted to wake up looking at you."

"Perhaps you didn't listen the whole thing."

"What was it about?"

"She saw us spooning, perhaps too close. The very thing I was afraid of." I didn't say anything about the position of my hand.

"Ohh." She saw out of the window. "It was nice though."

"Seriously?"

I don't know what to do with her anymore. She is getting more snuggly, cuddly with me. If this goes on forever, I don't know what I'll do.

I came back to home. We sat on the couch. We stayed silent for a while.

"I know the way she looks at you. She adores you. She may have already fallen for you."

"I know Mom. Don't you think that I do?"

"This is very dangerous, not only for our family name but also your life. Your life will be ruined."

"Please mom. Don't make it look like I'm waiting for the axe to fall. You don't understand my position. Encourage her for dating. Maybe that will take her mind off of me. I'll try to stay away from her as much as I can."

"Hopefully that works."

I packed my backpack and left without meeting Rachel. I knew she would be hurt, but I didn't know what else to do.

2 months later

I wanted to stay for long but in the mission we were doing, we had caught a guy who turned out to be an ambassador of some country. We were told to return home for a few days because the guy had to be handed over to higher authorities. They wanted to avoid any international incident.

When I came back, I learned that a guy named Justin had asked Rachel out. Rachel got ready for her date. She was looking stunning. No surprise there.

That guy was waiting for her in a nice suit.

"Hey kid, listen carefully. If you even make her cry, I'll make sure your body will be found by sharks while blood is oozing out of various parts of your body."

"I understand sir."

She looked at me and then him.

"May I?" He looked at me.

"Okay. Be back before midnight."

He then took her hand in his. Kissed it and then they left for their date.

I was trying hard not to follow them. It took a lot of will power not to do exactly that.

After almost half an hour, my phone rang.

"Hello."

"Hey Danny, this is Jose."

He was one my marine buddies.

"What's up Jose? How are you man?"

"Dude we'll talk about that later. This is important."

"What is?"

"Dude, Rachel is family to all of us. For me, she's the sister I never had. Everyone knows she got asked for a date. So I ran a background check on this guy Justin, just to be sure."

"And?"

"The guy is clean, but his brother is a real pendejo. He's known for drug abuse but nobody could make it stick."

"What kind of drugs are we talking?"

"Roofies."

"Roofies? You mean date rape drug?"

"Yeah. I don't know about this guy, but who knows?"

"Thanks for telling me man."

"Dude, I'm here in town for a few days. Just let me know if you need anything."

"Sure man, thanks again."

"Don't worry brother, I know you'd do the same for us."

"Of course."

She was on a date so I didn't want to disturb her. But the fear got the best of me. I made a call, her phone rang but she didn't answer. Now I was legitimately afraid.

I just started the car and left for the restaurant they went. The staff told me there wasn't a booking for Rachel and him.

I called Jose.

"Dude, I need a favor. Try to find the location of Rachel's phone."

"I'm on it."

Couple of minutes later, Jose gave me her location. It was a night club. I drove there right then.

When I reached the club doors, the bouncers stopped me. I just looked at one of them with all the anger and rage that I had in my eyes. One of those somehow let me in.

Inside the club, Rachel's 'date' was there I didn't see Rachel. I just held him by his neck. Threw some punches in his face breaking his nose.

"Where is she?"

"I... I don't know man, she was just sitting here. She went out."

"Then what the fuck are you doing here?"

I beat him up a little more before the bouncers could kick me out of there. I asked the valet if he saw her, he told me the direction that she went.

I had driven my car for around one and half mile then I saw her sitting near a street light pole. She was drunk, at least it seemed like that.

"Danny? Is it you?" she said with drunken eyes. All the rage, all the anger I had in my head just plain vanished. Care for her took its place instead.

"Yes baby, it's me."

"You'd always come for me when I'm in trouble?"

"Without a doubt. Come on, let's go home."

I carried her in my arms. She was looking at me all the time when I put her inside. I started the car and started driving.

A little while after that, she started laughing a little bit.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." She started looking out of the window.

"You're my hero. No, not hero. You're my angel."

"Where are my wings? I don't see them popping out of my shoulders."

She again started laughing.

I parked the car. I sensed that she might puke.

"Not here." I hurriedly took her to the bathroom, held her from her back. Then, she did puke. I positioned her near the sink.

"Here, wash your face." She did.

I undressed her to her bra and panties and dressed her again in her pyjamas. Then I gently put her on her bed and pulled the covers over her.

"Leaving so soon?" she said with her pleading eyes.

"I don't want mom looking at us like the last time."

"Hmm."

She didn't say anything for a few minutes.

When I was about to reach the door, she looked at me.

"You shouldn't have let me go." She said, looking at me intently.

"Yeah, I shouldn't have."

"The dress, the hair, everything, even me. It was for you."

"What? Me?" I couldn't understand the depth of whatever she was saying.

"Just for you."

Damn! What the hell is going on? Whatever, she's not going to remember anything. I went to her and kissed her gently on her forehead. She held my hand and didn't let go of it. Defeated, I stayed that night again. I was lying on the bed with my head on the headboard. I fell asleep.

In the morning, I was disoriented for a while. Then I remembered how I got here. She was sleeping with her head on my lap and hand on my waist. I removed her hair a little bit from her forehead. She smiled and looked at me.