Eniari IRL Pt. 02 - Paying My Dues

Story Info
IRL pt.2, some realities of being a 'toon in real life.
1.6k words
4.44
1.7k
4
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Work

First, understand that I really liked my job (most of the time). Generally, I can't say I liked the guy I worked for but I liked the work that I did. So, Tuesday morning when my alarm went off I got up and got ready for work as best I could. My trusty Carhartt work jeans were way too short for me now, but I could still fit in the XL Union tee-shirts...I just filled them out a bit better! The steel-toed boots required for most of the service calls I did were tight, but not so much that I couldn't wear them.

So, in a mix of leather armor and mundane clothing, I squeezed into the cab of my service truck and drove to work. By the time I arrived I was decidedly uncomfortable, even the spacious cab of an F-350 was a little tight for my seven-foot-tall frame. I grabbed my work orders and ducked into the office without seeing any of the other electricians I worked with. My basket was empty - no new jobs. That was fine, I had plenty of work to keep me busy for the duration of the week. I waited my turn, while my Project Manager spoke with another one of the guys about his latest win out in the field.

When my turn came, the other sparky said a polite "Good Morning" as he left the office. My PM waved me in and introduced himself. Of course he wouldn't recognize me, "Boss, it's me, Tim."

He sat back in his chair with his arms crossed for a moment, collecting his thoughts. Finally, "So...you were Tim, and now you are...?"

"Eniari, but you can call me Tim if it's easier."

"Eniari, I have no record of you as an employee" he stated flatly.

"But, I've been working for you for years!" I exclaimed.

"No! Tim was my employee, I don't know you." I watched as he filled out the pink slip that would return the electrician formerly known as Tim to the union hall. Reason for termination - no call no show - not eligible for re-hire. He wouldn't even give it to me, saying "I'll have Erin mail this to Tim's last known address."

I felt the urge to kill rising, "Fuck you old man," as I slammed the aluminum document box down on his desk, "you have not had the last word!" and stormed out of the office before I acted on my dark thoughts.

Back outside, one of the yard guys was already driving my truck out the gate, all my hand tools still locked in its service bed. I wanted to scream in frustration, this couldn't be happening! A little voice inside my head said don't look back, and an icy chill ran through my veins.

With a thought the ill fitting work clothes were replaced by supple leather. The "tools" on my belt were now a pair of vicious looking daggers. A deadly calm descended upon me as I decided what form my vengeance would take. Summoning my mount, a brilliantly colored Hippogryph, I took to the sky. First stop: the Union hall.

It was a short flight in the crisp morning air, I saw others on their flying mounts, on their way to work I suppose. I silently wished them better luck than I was having. When I arrived at the hall, Jackie was just unlocking the doors. She was a stout older woman, used to dealing with Electricians and Contractors in her capacity as admin assistant to the Hall leadership.

She was not, however, used to dealing with giant, angry, pointy-eared females on flying horse-eagle-things. In short, my reception at the Union Hall was just a little more hysteric than it had been at my (former) place of employment.

When she calmed down enough to look at my Union ticket, and listen to me as I explained what had happened, it became apparent that I did have a valid case.

"The next step," she said, "will be for you to gather documentation to prove that you are who you say you are." She was all business now, the fright of my landing only a memory. "But," she continued, "it's not going to be easy, and it's not going to be quick."

"I understand" I said.

She looked at me sideways, "Y'know, it's not gonna be possible to send you out on a call until you get this cleared up. Your physical form does not match your state license or any of our records."

My heart sank.

"I'm not even sure you'll be able to collect Unemployment Insurance" she said, and looked up from the paperwork on the counter in front of her. She must have seen the hopelessness I felt because she quickly added "But don't let that stop you from filing, as long as you can do everything online you should be fine!"

"Thanks for your time, Jackie" I said turning to leave, "sorry I scared you."

"That's alright Hun, good luck!" she called as I headed out the door.

As the door closed behind me I heard her mutter "...you're gonna need it."

As soon as I was outside, I mounted up and flew high enough that nobody would see me cry.

Body and Soul

Of all the classes to be, I think rogue is the most under-appreciated. Nobody trusts you, because you're a rogue. You don't have the magical ability to heal anyone but yourself, and you can't provide any quick transportation for those close to you. All in all, unless you have something to fall back on there's just not a lot of legal employment for a rogue.

This is how I found myself working security for the Gentleman's club across the street from my Union hall. The management wouldn't let me wear my leathers or weapons to deal with the rowdy customers, but that was not a problem...unless one of the rowdy customers was a changeling like me.

So there I was, lounging near the door waiting and watching for one of our honest patrons to slip up and do something stupid. There was a cute little Blood Elf working it out on stage. That girl could move and not just the racial dance that all of them could do, I figured this one had been a stripper before the shift and just kept her job...probably got better tips now, too.

Unfortunately for her, there was not a lot of call for Warlocks in the real world either as communing with demons is generally frowned upon. Fortunately for her (and for me) she had her succubus summoned and stealthed near the stage...a lot of changelings could handle themselves very well in a one on one with the mundane populace.

I was actually feeling a little nervous tonight. There were a pair of Human warriors right at the edge of the stage stacking up gold coins and daring the girls to pick them up with no hands. Ordinarily, I won't mess with a plate wearer, never mind two, but these guys were in mundane clothes like me, not the heavy plate that the hard-core PvPers almost never removed. So I figured it was safe enough to send them a tell.

/w [To: Notadk]: Hey there neighbor, I'll buy you guys a round if you'll back off the girls.

[From: Notadk]: I aint ur neighbor shlut!

[From: Pwnurface]: Why don't you mine your own businessh!

Well, it was obvious these guys were already very drunk, and probably thought they were hard-core. I changed spec to subtlety and dropped into stealth. I scanned the club for the other bouncer, a tough little goblin rogue named Sheela and whispered her to be ready. Then I whispered the BElf onstage and asked if she was down for some action. She nodded at me and grinned fiercely.

The Succi cast Seduction on Pwnurface to keep him out of the way, and all three of us focused on Notadk. It was inspirational to watch the little BElf warlock dropping curses and not missing a step while she danced. Between the three of us, we burned Nota down in seconds. Sheela and I dropped back into stealth and positioned ourselves to do the same to Pwnurface.

He must have been the smarter of the two, all of us got a whisper from him begging us to let him leave when the charm wore off. I could see the fear in his eyes as he staggered away from the stage and out the door into the night. Notadk's body finally disappeared when he released spirit. It was a long dumbass run from Union Cemetery back to get his body, and he had to know we'd be camping him.

When the shift was over, the BElf dancer introduced herself as Hunni.

"Stage name?" I asked. "No, 'toon name" she replied. I added her to my list of friends.

"Thanks for letting me play with you guys earlier!" she said, happily.

"Anytime," I replied, "it's always better to have overwhelming odds when dealing with a pair of drunks like that."

She gave me a big hug and a fat tip. "If you're interested in dancing, you've got a great body for it. Come over some time and I'll show you some of the basics!"

I thanked her, but I didn't really see myself making a lot in tips if I was dancing. At 7' tall and 245 lbs I'm a pretty big girl. Still, I took her number when she offered it, and promised I'd call.

I didn't like the job, but I was good at it, the tips were good, and the girls were pretty.