Enough Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jake stood and leaned against the wall just inside the hallway. He slowly moved deeper into the shadows then took three rapid steps down the hallway. He stopped and looked back into the main room. To his relief and almost to his surprise no one seemed to notice he had gone down the hallway. He moved to the door the man and Harriet had used. He carefully turned the handle. To his relief it turned and the door moved slightly. Carefully Jake pushed it open slightly until he could see inside.

The man was lying on his back in the bed with his pants around his ankles. A crying Harriet was fellating him. He had his fingers wrapped in her hair guiding her while he spoke derogatory epithets to her. His hips were thrusting upward slightly. Jake moved into the room and pulled his throwing knife from his boot sheath. Just before Jake reached the bed he stepped on a floor board that squeaked. Harriet pulled her head upward and looked toward him. Her eyes enlarged and she started to scream. The man she was blowing opened his eyes and turned his head toward the sound. He began to rise and opened his mouth to say something when Jake moved rapidly toward him. His hand flashed down and he slammed the hilt of the knife down onto the miner's head.

The miner groaned and fell back on the bed. Jake quickly put his hand over Harriet's mouth to stifle her scream. Her eyes were big and she was fighting him. Jake pulled her to him and whispered, "Be quiet Harriet of Cassandra. I am Hero Jake here to rescue you." Harriet stiffened and stared at him. He felt her relax in his grasp then he released her. Jake quickly checked on the man he had hit. He was alive. Jake tore up the filthy sheet and bound and gagged the man before he came to. He moved to the door and locked it then pushed the wooden chair under the door knob to wedge it closed.

Jake turned to Harriet. "Do you have clothes here Harriet of Cassandra? If you do can we get them easily?"

Harriet shook her head no. Jake didn't hesitate. He grabbed the remainder of the dirty sheet and the blanket from the bed. He threw them to Harriet and said, "Wrap yourself in these...NO. Wait. Let's see if you can wear this assholes clothes and we'll take these for you to use as a cape."

Jake and Harriet quickly untied the miner. They pulled the rest of the clothes from him and retied him. Harriet struggled into the clothes and boots. All were way too large for her but they were better than nothing. They tore part of the sheet off to use for a belt. Jake moved to the window and eased it open. It had iron bars on the outside. He looked at them for a moment and shook his head. He stood back and kicked, then kicked again over and over until the bars had been torn from their attachments.

Jake looked out the window. The ground was about eight feet below. He turned to Harriet and motioned her to the window. She came to him and he helped her sit on the sill then turn so he could lower her to the ground. After she was standing on the ground he carefully slid out the window and hung by his fingers. He carefully dropped the remaining distance to the ground.

Jake grabbed Harriet's hand and pulled her as rapidly as he could toward where Allison was hiding. When he came around the corner of the building Jake faced Allison. He stopped abruptly and Harriet ran into him. Allison was holding a knife just inches from his stomach. Jake said, "Alli..." just as Allison dropped her knife and threw herself into his arms. He hugged her quickly and whispered, "Allison we don't have time for this. Come on. We have to get out of here before they come after us."

Allison stepped back and finally saw Harriet behind Jake. Her eyes got larger and she started to talk. Jake hissed, "Later. Now come on. Let's move." Allison nodded her head once then bent and retrieved her knife from where she had dropped it. Jake acted as he spoke and pulled Harriet after him. Allison moved quickly to follow. To their relief and surprise they were at the edge of town before they heard a loud outcry coming from the saloon. Jake looked back to the saloon and saw men boiling from it like ants from a damaged ant hill.

Jake pushed the women ahead of him and quietly said, "Allison lead out. Move as rapidly as you safely can. We need to get to the horses and out of here right now. Harriet, follow Allison and move as quietly as you can. Our lives may depend on silence. I'll be right behind you."

Allison took off almost at a run. Thankfully there was about a third moon. With the light reflecting off the snow and rocks they could see well enough to move fairly fast. They were in the shadows cast from the trees and rocks almost at once. This would make it harder for the men from the mine to see even if they were looking at them. Jake hoped they would waste time looking around the small settlement for Harriet before taking off down the trail. The amount of traffic the trail carried would make it more difficult to trail them. Their footsteps and those of their horses would blend in with those already on the trail. That would make their tracks harder to follow although a good tracker could do it easily.

Jake and the two women were exhausted from a long days work and riding but they did not tarry. When they reached the horses Jake, Harriet and Allison quickly mounted and moved down the trail at a canter. It was cold and a wind was blowing almost straight into their faces. Even with his heavy coat Jake felt the deep bone chilling cold. He knew Harriet was even colder and he worried about Allison.

They made a quick stop at the place they had intended to camp to load their remaining belongings. They moved Harriet to one of the spare horses and moved out rapidly. After about an hour Jake pulled up in the shelter of a large rock outcropping and pulled their blankets from their packs. He handed one to each of the women and instructed them to wrap in them for warmth. Jake allowed a short rest while he and Allison switched horses. They mounted once again and moved on down the trail. This time they moved slower to conserve the horse's strength and for safety because they were moving through heavier woods and it was darker.

The three travelers rode into the night until the moon set then Jake called a halt. They moved off the trail into a heavy stand of small cedar trees to rest for a while until the sun came up. The trees provided a great windbreak and Jake used them well. He used a strategically placed rock and one of their ground covers to make an enclosed shelter to further break the wind. They built a small fire against the rock to reflect the heat and warm a late night snack. After they had eaten they all huddled together and wrapped in the blankets to catch some sleep. Jake placed the women nearest the small fire. He was on the outside of the small cluster of people. Jake was cold enough he dozed and woke repeatedly but he did get some rest.

Jake woke when the sun was just barely peeking over the tree tops. He moved out from the shelter and built another small fire in the lee of another rock. By the time he had the fire started and water boiling Allison had crawled out with Harriet behind her. The two women quickly broke down the small tent and loaded their possessions. Allison handed Jake some dry biscuit and jerky. He handed each of the women a cup of coffee. The three quickly ate their breakfast and remounted for another day of travel.

The three did not stop for lunch. As they traveled Allison pulled jerky and biscuits from the saddlebags and passed them out to her companions. By mid afternoon the travelers were out of the mountains and moving through a more populated area. They passed several small farms but had yet to see a human. Jake knew the women were on their last legs and they needed to stop. They were close to a small town and he was debating the advisability of getting rooms in the Inn or trying to find a farmer who would put them up. He knew as cold as it was that sleeping outside was the worst choice he could make.

Finally Jake decided to risk the Inn. They had met the three men who they had to kill on the trail there but they had been passing through as had he and Allison. He had not sensed any abnormal animosity from the Innkeeper or the few locals they had talked to while they were there. The women needed the warmth of the Inn and the good hot food they could get there. Being honest with himself he also needed the warmth and large meal he would eat there too.

Jake moved up beside Allison and told her of his decision. He knew the town wasn't far ahead so he pushed on at a more rapid pace. It was still almost two hours later when the small town came into sight. Just seeing the buildings made all three of the young people perk up. It was all they could do not to rush into the town. It was even harder for Jake and Allison to properly observe their surroundings to be sure they weren't riding into danger.

The three tied their horses at the hitching rail and removed their saddlebags. They moved into the Inn where Jake and Allison once again moved to the side of the door and surveyed the room. There were a half dozen locals sitting around the fireplace drinking. When the three travelers stepped into the room the noise stopped and all heads turned toward them. Jake looked directly at each of the men for a moment then moved toward the bar where the Innkeeper stood. He thought he saw a spark of recognition in his eyes before he said, "I need a room for the night and three meals. We also need to put five horses into your stable. Do you have a man who can care for them for us?"

"Yeah. You got money? Costs a pinch each to board the horses and a shell and nine pinches for the room and meals. Ya get a pitcher of watered wine with the meal though."

Jake bargained with the man for several minutes before they settled on the final price for the night. Jake had also bargained for the cost of breakfast at the same time. The Innkeeper grudgingly agreed to make sure Jake and the women got their breakfast. Jake glared at him and said, "I meant what I said. If you do not make sure we have all the breakfast we want it will go hard on you."

Jake and the women sat as close to the fire as they could to eat. They each ate two bowls of the hot spicy stew and a loaf of bread besides. By the time they were finished with their meal all three were almost asleep. They stood and moved to their room where Jake quickly closed the door. They wrestled the heavy bed over and placed the foot against the door to help hold it closed in the event someone tried to break in. Then, without even undressing they fell into the bed and went to sleep.

All three of them came awake with a fright when they heard a pounding on the door. Jake grabbed his sword as did Allison. Jake said, "What do you want?"

A female voice yelled back, "Please sir the Master sent me. It's morning and if you want breakfast you need to come get it now. He is getting ready to prepare and serve the noon meal sir and he said to tell you your bargain included breakfast NOT the noon meal. I was also told to inform you that your time in the room is up too."

Jake looked at the two women. They all felt like hell if looks reflected how they felt. He knew he was still bushed. "We need to go ladies. If we push it and it's not too late we can get to the bank this evening maybe even before it closes."

When she heard Jake Harriet smiled widely and moved up beside him. She leaned toward him and tried to grab his cock. "Is what you said true Hero Jake? Can we really be back on Crossroads today? Oh, GOD please tell me we're ready to go back to Crossroads. I've waited so long."

Jake grabbed her hands and pulled them away from his crotch. She had been a total pain in the ass the night before rubbing over him and begging him to bed her. Harriet had constantly fondled Jake and kissed him the night before even as exhausted as they had been. Finally in desperation Jake moved and placed Allison between him and Harriet in the small bed. Even then he had trouble sleeping because he was so aroused. When he had moved Allison became Harriet's target. Finally after several minutes of fighting Harriet off Allison had given in and they had pleasured each other. This, of course, just made it more difficult for Jake to rest. He not only had to listen to them moan and cry out in orgasm but he had to put up with his increased state of arousal.

After Jake pulled Harriet's hands off his crotch he gently pushed her away and said, "Harriet I didn't say we would be back on Crossroads this evening. I said if all went well we would be back to the town with the bank in it tonight. We still have to sell the horses and extra weapons then we have to go through the portal. If everything goes well we MIGHT get finished before the bank closes but I don't expect to do so. I know we won't be able to portal back to Crossroads if you don't quit fooling around. Now would you please leave me alone so we can eat and get on the trail again?"

As they travelled through the bitter cold winter day Jake found it difficult to keep his attention on his surroundings. He kept thinking about the rescue mission and how they were doing. He was very pleased he had managed to rescue Harriet so quickly and with so little trouble. He was less pleased about all the trouble they had with the residents of Chaos however. He knew they had skirted some issues and played loose with some of the rules laid down for Heroes and their Companions. He was afraid they might get into some kind of trouble when they returned to Crossroads. Allison had been a little too eager at times to use her fighting ability during the altercations and he had almost broken the taboo on sexual relations with Allison. Between worrying about those issues and being anxious for the mission to end his attention to the details of their safety was a little lacking.

Finally the three travelers neared the small town from which Jake and Allison had started several days before. Jake forced himself to pay more attention to his surroundings. He finally began the process of planning their missions ending and their trip to the bank and back to Crossroads.

Jake decided not to enter the town on the road. Instead they once again moved off the road and retraced their route through the woods so they would come up to the livery stable from the woods once more. The owner seemed to take their appearance in his stride. When Jake told him he wanted to sell the horses and some of the tack to him they went into heavy bargaining mode. It didn't seem to matter that Jake had purchased the two horses he and Allison rode from him just days before. It seemed the value of horse flesh had declined drastically in the ensuing days. In the end they did arrive at a deal Jake could live with but he had to take about half what he paid for the two horses he had purchased and even less for the ones they had taken from the outlaws.

The next stop after the livery stable was a weapons shop where they sold the excess knives and swords. Once again they got almost nothing for them but in truth they weren't worth much. They were all of poor quality. To Harriet's delight they had finished disposing of the items Jake planned to sell with just barely enough time to get to the bank before it closed. She was almost running pulling Jake along with her on the way to the bank.

Just before they reached the bank Jake and the women were confronted by two men. A small greasy looking man was the leader this time. He faced Jake with a sneer on his face and snarled, "You look like the asshole that killed my friend over at the Inn a few days ago. I thought my boys would take care of you on the road but you must have slipped past them. I'm gonna kill you for killing my friend then I'm gonna use your bitches till they beg for mercy.

To Jake's surprise the two men were almost completely ignoring Allison and Harriet. They moved slightly apart and tried to attack Jake from each side. Jake stepped back slightly and drew his sword. He barely parried the thrust from the smaller man and completely missed the thrust from the larger one. If Allison had not managed to slice the larger man's side when he thrust at Jake he might have killed him. As it was Jake took a painful cut in his side. He saw the larger man collapse into the street from Allison's thrust before he turned his attention back to the smaller one.

Jake felt his strength draining and knew he was in trouble. He was moving slowly, barely parrying the last thrust the smaller man made. Jakes side was throbbing with pain and he could feel the blood running down his side. The small man smiled and moved toward Jake again then he stopped and rose onto his toes. He turned toward Allison and collapsed onto the ground. Allison pulled her sword from his back as he did so.

Allison rushed to Jake and pushed his shirt up so she could see his wound. He was just barely standing as she did so. Harriet moved to his other side and helped support him until they got him sitting on the edge of the boardwalk in front of the bank. Allison tore the sheet Harriet was still wrapped in from her and tore some strips from it. She used some of the sheet for a pad and the strips for a compression bandage. While she was working on Jake she told Harriet to take what valuables she could from the two men.

Harriet and Allison finished their tasks at about the same time. They helped Jake back to his feet and moved to support him, one woman on each side as they moved toward and into the bank. Each of the three was carrying a sword in their hand. The manager came from his office when he saw them enter. Jake knew he was in serious trouble. He didn't even try to deposit his money. He turned to the manager and said "I need to use my box. NOW."

The manager reversed his direction and headed to the door into the portal and box room. He held it open for the three and closed it behind them. Allison helped Jake place his finger inside the small hole and call his box.

When the box appeared the three quickly placed all metal and their other belongings into it. Jake let the lid close and was collapsing as the box disappeared. He never even saw the light flash. He had succeeded in his mission but just barely. The women were crying over him when Sharon Caretaker rushed into the room they had appeared in.

She saw the blood on Jake's side and moved to him at a run. She picked him up and turned her head to the ceiling. "Healing Chamber, NOW." She and Jake squeezed through the door before it was fully open. She almost threw Jake into the chamber when she reached it and slammed the lid closed. There was a slight hum and lights flashed on the panel.

Sharon slowly turned from the chamber and moved from the room to face the two still crying women. Sharon gently but firmly pulled the women to her and hugged them. She said, "Shhh. Hero Jake will be fine now. It is almost a 100% certainty if a person gets into the healing chamber alive they will be released in perfect condition. Now stop your crying and let's get you taken care of."

Sharon Caretaker led the two women into the other room and guided them into the shower area. She began helping them disrobe to get cleaned up. Finally the two filthy women began helping themselves and all three of them got into the shower together. Sharon began washing Harriet and smiled when she felt Allison working on the other side of the rescued Damsel. Harriet began moaning and writhing under the two women's ministrations.

Allison looked at Sharon and gave her a wicked grin then she grabbed one of Harriet's nipples between her thumb and index finger. She squeezed tightly and twisted as she ran her other hand down to Harriet's crotch where she tickled her clit. Harriet screamed and collapsed onto the shower floor when her orgasm ripped through her.

Sharon looked at Allison and smiled then stepped to her and gave her a deep kiss. The two women looked at the now sleeping Harriet and turned to each other. They washed each other and soon their caresses became more loving than just washing would have been. They moved into a clench and began kissing and moaning, rubbing their breasts against each other.