All Comments on 'Entangled'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 217 Comments (Page 3)
Madeira1076Madeira10769 months ago

No one owns automatic weapons without a serious permit!

No body lets a Lesbian say that's my girl when talking about your wife... Gross

Pappy7Pappy79 months ago

Second read, still enjoyed the flow and the characterization. But, still had a problem with what he saw on the video and what her explanation was. Maybe believe her and maybe not on the enjoyment part. Picture worth a thousand words years later. "What are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?" And Cherie would be out of the picture or at least bitch slapped for the in his face "I love your wife and I will take her if you stumble" and the first time the wife professed to still love the bitch but was staying with him for the duration, she would best consider the implications of that. Pretty sure the only reason she stayed away from Cherie was because of guilt and fear her husband would leave her. That threat is gone, hubby caved and forgave so no reason not to dredge up the "love" and since she is so good at hiding stuff she might slip back into the stuff that she "only pretended she liked" wink, wink. Oh, and hubby wasn't any part of that life so he wouldn't be now except as an ATM machine, just like he was then. Sorry Todd, I really like your stuff, usually, but I can't get the distrust out of my mind. Surprised the husband could. Still stand by my five stars for the writing and story development and force of habit on your stories.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Waste of time. Cheater is a cheater. Stupid storyline! LM

DeanofMeanDeanofMean8 months ago

Hum, I thought it was headed to a trio. This is one of the first blackmail ones that made any damn sense, usually it's "I have video of me feeling you up on the dance floor so if you don't gang bang the student body while I film it at the school he teaches at I'm telling" and like what????? I get the blackmail here, though keeping it from hubby i am torn about, problem is if he had been told what could he have done once he got back? Still not sure how they cleared up the original vehicular vid, maybe for the next one in the series. You create great worlds.

Busman19639Busman196398 months ago

A twisted story but was a good read.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Inconceivable nightmarish trap for a vulnerable mother alone. Desperate hostage victim.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

I generally hate reconciliation LW stories. I rarely even buy the "blackmail" reconciliation stories, in most of them the set up is such that a GOOD wife would rather fess up to the husband than fulfill the demands of blackmailer. I disagree with the author's end notes that "nobody would agree to be blackmailed over drunken ONS" or similar - some people would. BUT those cases make for shitty reasons to reconcile in a story.

/

However, as usual with this author, he managed to excel where most others failed - once the story got unraveled, I was rooting for reconciliation. The only downside was that I was also rooting for Cherie to join them in a poly triangle (2 sided or 3 sided, whatever works), but the author indicated there's a planned happy end for her, so that'll be enough for me.

/

All in all, easy 10 stars for an excellent story with unusual plot playing with cliche trope, excellent BTB, empathicablle (is that a word?) characters, and good resolution.

SlamnukeSlamnuke6 months ago

I disagree with your premise about not telling the spouse. She was drugged at the bachlorette party and didn’t know it, she killed a man who was legit trying to rape her. No court of law would ever convict her.

She should have told her husband immediately, especially if she knew she was drugged. I don’t buy this excuse even in this scenario because she was drugged against her will in the original event.

You would need to update the story to make her legitimately at fault for something that she did of her own accord with full mental faculty and sober. This is the only way this scenario would work where telling the spouse would get her into more trouble. Of course it makes her a sociopath and changes her entire personality but it’s the only situation in which it works.

Her not telling her husband is divorce worthy here. There is not a chance a normal man would ever get over this situation.

Pappy7Pappy75 months ago

Keep coming back to your old stories. Sorry you aren't posting lately, really enjoy your writing. Still mixed feelings about this one.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Seeing as she was completely alone, I can see that this level of blackmail coukd trigger caving I to the blackmailer's demands. Her husband was away, her kids were endangered and she had a lot of scary, unknowns coming. Reporting this to the authorities would not clear this up. If anything the kids could end up in foster care. She couldn't handle that. So he sacrificed her fidelity and almost her sanity to go through with it. Finding some comfort in Cherie and maybe a little of Stockholm Syndrome to survive. The fact that Cherie fell in love with Kasey is not Kasey's fault. Not anyone's fault. And Cherie was a good friend but Kasey was never going ot give up her marriage and her live for her husband and family. Period. 5 stars though got crazy. Agree wholeheartedly with author's afterword about misses of blackmail trope in so many LW stories.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Unbelievably bizaare. It reeks of forced S/M and of forced dominance and unwilling submission. Its torture and pathos.

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

I'm happy for the reconciliation. What makes the difference is that all along, she was thinking of her family first. That's a tremendous amount of love, loyalty, and integrity in an otherwise impossible situation. She held true even in the hell of it. I'm glad Carl was man enough to see the scenario for what it was. Too many people are quick the jump on the BTB wagon. Cherie deserves a better ending even if it can't be with Kasey.

avidreader123avidreader1233 months ago

The abuse of Chris was hard to read. I'm not saying he didn't deserve it, I'm saying I don't want to read it. Regarding Cherie, I kind of wish they could have worked out a throuple thing. Regarding the Bachelorette party or whatever, does that mean all her friends were raped too? Good story, but not my favorite.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I gave it a 2, which does not reflect the quality of the writing, which was good. The subject matter was bad, so a 2 for "dislike."

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Meh. 3/5

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I felt like this was a really excellent story. I'm surprised that reactions are so split on it. I agree with you about the entire blackmail concept in these stories, but I think also that it can be covered with the whole "graveyard spiral" concept - slip up once, get blackmailed into it again, then again, etc. Rationally, confessing to the first slip up prevents the blackmail, but a hell of a lot of people aren't rational.

<>

Anyway, like a lot of the others, I'm glad for the reconciliation, but man, I can't imagine it would be easy after seeing all those videos, even knowing the truth logically/intellectually.

StevenJayStevenJay11 days ago

Fair play to the MC for not just blowing up but waiting to find out what happened and in some ways better still that he didn’t get the full story till right at the end.

It did somehow seem wrong that Chris ended up profiting from his “humiliation” and I was a bit surprised that the MC didn’t give him at least one good kick in the balls

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...