All Comments on 'Entangled'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 216 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Great job.

You did do something different. Different is not necessarily good, but this was. It was better than good, it was good AF! Thank you for writing this story. There is no way I could justify less than five stars. You impress me every day, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hellacious story

I loved the setup. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

'I looked at Kasey and she sighed. "I'm sorry, Carl, but I needed someone. I had feelings for her, strong ones. I loved her. And I still do."'

Sorry. The rest was blackmail. This made it RAAC. Not to mention they went way too easy on the scumbag who did it. Not even using real shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Finally! A well thought out story.

I'm happy that you took the time to construct a scenario where the wife really had a valid excuse. I'm also glad that you made the husband someone who is a real man, willing to put his feelings second to his family's wellbeing. The heartache with Cherie is real too. I know too well how much it can hurt to do the right thing.

So five stars for a super effort!

R.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Thank You

For another excellent story.

You are sick and twisted in all the best ways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Why do you have someone who needs 5 editors herself editing for you?

nitrotroutnitrotroutover 5 years ago
Damn!

Surprised but not surprised. Great story, but that is not surprising coming from you. Surprised at the story line and how well it worked. Thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
IF ONE BELIEVES THE ALIBI EXCUSE

then, just maybe its possible to forgive and forget...….not, TK U MLJ LV NV

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 5 years ago
Wow...

That was deliciously bad stuff...delivered exceptionally well.

5* no question.

a real BTB story - but with the twist that the second B was NOT the wife (or her actual friend).

DominantYetServileDominantYetServileover 5 years ago
LOL

That's a pretty creative, perverted, and humorous revenge, only thing I can think to add would have been tattooing "Lil' Bitch" on his ass cheeks, piercing his nipples with hoop rings, and a hello kitty or my little pony tattoo on his cock head for extra permanent humiliation. Of course with the graveyard spiral development, that would not have been needed anyways.

If I was the writer, I'd probably end up with a three way couple with the two women, however as a reader...if you had went that route I'd be giving you shit for it more than likely. Go figure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing....

Very entertaining, Well thought though plot ...Thanks for your efforts

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
meh

Should have gone with the dead hooker in the trunk instead of the backed over stripper. No one cares about dead strippers in noir, but hookers matter.

Kerry3579Kerry3579over 5 years ago
LOL

Still a cheating bitch

ender2k2kender2k2kover 5 years ago
Great as always

Chilis oil for lube, ouch. I never want you angry with me. Creative and funny in an evil way. Thanks.

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Murder blackmail angle is interesting

The story makes sense; had her husband not been away they might have figured out how to turn the blackmail around even then, but it wasn't to be. I think she might have been able to plead down to vehicular manslaughter if this was a real world incident, although that is just nitpicking on my part.

Her husband is much stronger than I am. I doubt I could reconcile after watching 24 videos of debauchery, blackmail aside. I could easily forgive and coexist, but a sexual relationship would be traumatic since I would likely replay those videos mentally each time. Almost better to split amicably. I'm glad her husband was able to overcome it, I just don't know if I could.

5 stars for a creative tale in a category that seems to see fewer each day.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 5 years ago
The Legend grows

Really enjoyed this . I really do love the military based thrillers that no one does better than you Todd , my Fav's of course are the Shack series .

But a couple of my favorites of yours are when you step out from your known world .

Farwalker and Deadgirl , Professor Bones & Esmeralda , and your haunting poem simply prove that you have a real talent and are not simply one who can soak up life experiences and then regurgitate it to paper ( nothing wrong with that either ! ) , but as a person with a skill of imagination and description that are exceptionally rare !

I for one hope you keep this going , and going ,and ...........................................

5*'s

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

First, I am contractually (just kidding!) required to defend Randi. She is a TOP editor. She does not NEED five editors. You can never have enough eyes looking at a story.

I have long had a bugaboo about wives doing more under the threat of blackmail than whatever they're being blackmailed for. IMHO, Todd successfully handled that task.

@mordbrand, thank you! - I was going to question why she couldn't at least talk to her husband, COMPLETELY forgetting that he was far away. I'd like to THINK that if he was around that she would have turned to him.

I do think that some of the violence was over the top, but hey, it's only a story, right?

Count me among those who would have liked some accommodation for Cherie. Maybe a full poly relationship is not in the cards, but maybe an occasional "spa" weekend for the girls?

cordialddcordialddover 5 years ago
his response beyond the revenge would be worth exploring...

Facts: no apparent concern with Casey leaving him. Anger/disgust with her activities on film but not manic rage (is this realisticAngwhat would he or Casey have done if the blackmail had never occurred-just the voids being releasexpect an older reader I can see forgiveness for the wife without a lot of repercussions but if I was younger don't know if I could have handled it. You focused his anger on the blackmailer; would there be more anger towards the other participants, unknowing though they were?

0zed0zedover 5 years ago
This Story Is A Number Two!

Can't rape the willing, repeatedly! Straight from the republican school of, "If you're being raped, just go with it, you'll probably enjoy it!" Bitch was a slut from the git go.

dinkymacdinkymacover 5 years ago
Absolutely super...

Another great story - thanks for sharing.

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Wowee!

This Story would have to be one of the most severe B.T.B! (Bastard ).... As for commenting on the Story!.....What's the use Someone else Already wrote What I wanted to say! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

Joke :- Why is it wrong to use a blunt pencil. ......There was no point in it

What do you call an American Bee......USB!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sick, Sick, Sick

5*

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 5 years ago
Excellent, as usual

I appreciate your works for all of their originality, well thought out plots, good character development and overall depth of the stories.

Thank you for sharing your talents.

tennmactennmacover 5 years ago
Damn you’re good

5*

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Yikes

I’m a big fan of your work, but this one just makes me want to hurl. I had to skip over the revenge sequence because it was just SO far over the top. You seemed to take great pleasure in writing that part of the story, almost to the detriment of the rest of it. I felt like the husband/wife relationship became secondary to the revenge plot.

It was clever how you wrote this from a first-person perspective, and yet managed to include details about conversations where the narrator wasn’t present. I only wish the narrator expressed a little more emotion as those details unfolded. He was a little too stoic to be believable.

I’m currently formulating my own LW blackmail story, but I’m stuck on the revenge aspect. I only wish I had a fraction of your imagination. At least...I HOPE it’s your imagination!

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesover 5 years ago
Nice one-off.

Glad you gave them a stand alone story arc rather than trying to shoehorn it into your Shack Universe. They deserved a chance to tell their story without any.........entanglements.

ValintValintover 5 years ago
Well-crafted

I've always detested the "stupid wife gets blackmailed" kind of stories, which start with a compromising picture which she gives a blowjob to get back, then graduates to full sex once he shows her the video of the blowjob, and then the blackmailer just never goes away.

Either the wife in that kind of situation is too stupid to live, or she's just using the blackmail as an excuse to cheat. Still, there's the narrative problem that giving a *real* reason to give into blackmail runs the risk of making the character unsympathetic, because now they've done something horrible in their past.

This manages to be plausible, making the wife come up as legitimately trapped instead of moronic, while also having the blackmail material not make her unsympathetic.

The only part I found problematic was Cherie, and in pretty much the opposite way other commenters do. Yeah, she was there for Kasey at a rough time, but she was also okay associating with the kind of lowlifes who are completely fine gangbanging a married woman who looks like she wants to kill herself. For all that she claimed to be in love with Kasey, that had to be an incredibly superficial relationship for her not to grasp how unhappy Kasey was.

Personally, I would think that staying married would have to include a complete severing of all ties to the members of the fuckfest group, Cherie included. There's nothing good I can think of coming from a wife being the "closest of friends" with someone who (a) she admits she has feelings for, developed in an incredibly unhealthy situation, and (b) the other person admits to being in love with the wife and has attempted previously to pursue a romantic relationship with her.

(This strikes me as similar to a soldier who has an affair while in a combat zone. The soldier's spouse might be able to get over it, and might even logically conclude that it's a good thing there was someone there for him/her, but there's a wide gap between that and "I want my spouse to continue to have a close relationship with this person, despite them both having feelings for each other".)

A_BierceA_Bierceover 5 years ago
If you go down in the woods today

You're sure of a big surprise

If you go down in the woods today

You'd better go in disguise

And you made SJ want to hurl. Who could ask for anything more?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
That was intense!

You came up with a reason why an otherwise faithful wife might have sex without husband's knowledge or consent. I do think a more reasonable solution for her would have been for her to simply kill Chris in some way that would not implicate her, maybe steal a car and run the bastard off the road? Hit by a runaway steam roller? Drown in the tub? Make it look like suicide? Great writing and plot, with some very disturbing images planted in my head!

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
5 stars

Dark, disturbing and extremely well-written. I really love how thoughtful you are with your characters, and I thought the realism here was outstanding. I REALLY want to read Cherie’s story, too. Thank you for sharing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Valint

Good thought about Cherie. You made me rethink my thoughts about SOME sort of a continued relationship.

boatbummboatbummover 5 years ago
Superb As Usual!

Thanks for a fascinating trip down the rabbit-hole. Well told with characters we can relate to, caught up in events largely beyond their control.

It's always a good day when Todd comes by to play.... ;-)

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
Well now, that was an interesting story on many levels

It was a Loving Wives story with elements of detective fiction, revenge, drugs and a bit of a foreign accent thrown in for good measure.

Another great story from you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Kasey will definitely cheat again

He was foolish not to divorce her. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well even forewarned I wasn't prepared for THAT!

I tend to be a stickler for categories. Fetish and Non-con literally jump off these pages. As you, the author, pointed out, blackmail is rape and I'll add - is non-con. What they do to him is so over-the-top that it literally made me question who, exactly, wrote this. It sure doesn't feel like any of your other stories. Now I realize that authors talk about "stretching" themselves and trying to expand their repertoire, but PLEASE don't do this again. I'll save the blow-by-blow dissection of this mess and just give it a "2". The only reason I didn't give it a "1" is that you can write. This simply made me ill. And regardless of the situation, I don't see their marriage surviving. Where's FTDS when you really need them?

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 5 years ago
Another good story

As you said outside of your wheelhouse. The take no prisoners response from the husband with his diabolical plan was 100% Todd.

Enjoyed it. Always looking for your stories and am waiting (not so patiently) for the next installment of "The Shack" stories.

Thanks for the hard work.

Woodmanone

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago

Great story, as usual, but completely different.

I think you described a believable case of a person not seeing a way out of a blackmail situation. The revenge was dark and difficult to read, but so was the crime he committed. Great job, Todd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story, better production notes

First off, this was a great story as usual from a great author. I personally would like to have read more about the psychology afterwards, but that's not something that people look for on this site.

The post production notes. You make some very great points and actually reflect well within the story. In lw it is true that cheating/ONSs are a source of blackmail, but I've always wondered why, in that case, would anyone conform to the blackmail. They are fewer consequences usually by coming clean. To me as Todd points out there has to be a meaningful reason why blackmail is conformed to, such as an event that has legal consequences. Not just to hide a sexual event, otherwise their was never a relationship with the husband/wife in the first place to protect. A single lapse in judgement or coercion is something that can be overcome in most cases. In my reading of lw blackmail stories the wives adhering to the blackmail end up with worse consequences then coming clean for the original sin. My viewpoint is any wife/husband that conforms to blackmail without a substantial threat of bodily and financial harm is not doing the acts because of blackmail, but because they enjoy the experience and use the blackmail only as an excuse. Before I have people jump on me as I know they will do, substantial threat is a subjective idea. However, I think their are few cases where a person who regrets the original event will have to worry about reputation or mundane consequences particularly If coercion is involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
good as always

I liked it that said we need more Tammiann and TJ stories very soon please they are so goooooodddd!

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Well

Well, That was fun! And totally out of your realm of stories. Weird, and twisted but well written, and a good revenge read. 5 stars from me because I liked it, and just to offset the 1&2 star pricks. On a side note: what was done to Chris should be done to a least half of the U.S.Congress. Don't get me started on AntiFa, and the rest of the socialist commies! Can't wait for the next "Shack" story. Semper Fi.!

HenwynHenwynover 5 years ago
Gazelles have escape routes

Lions do too if they're interested in survival. And they're always interested.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Thanks.

I can't read most of your stuff cause I trigger.

I would have liked more detail about how they worked through this shit and how to make sure it never happened again.

Good premise but it would definitely take a certain mindset to comply.

Chris could have gotten nailed for blackmail as well so she could have used some leverage telling him she got him in the club and if he wanted to lose that and go to jail for sure, then she could have refused getting gang banged and made airtight.

It appears part of her did get into it maybe as a self defense measure.

My wife would have either made him disappeared outright or told me and I would have disappeared him. That would have made for a less erotic and shorter story however.

Great read!

amyyumamyyumover 5 years ago
Original

and that's really good.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Excellent albeit dark story

i presume the reason she didn't shoot or run over Chris is because they moved away after hubby returned (HDK's comment). I don't like RAAC but that is the correct ending for Kasey and for that matter hubby. Five stars.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 5 years ago
It’s almost like “man of action”

It’s original and the fact that the the dance died. but the blackmail concept is cliché. But in the end it was still an excuse To forgive the woman for getting gangbang, I would have said rape too but she was in love with one of the so called rapists. everything else from the blackmail are all excuses when all she had to do was tell her husband. but once again there’s another way for a writer to justify the wife getting fucked by a whole bunch of guys and still be forgiven.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Remind me

Never to hit on your wife and piss you off.

5*

sdc97230sdc97230over 5 years ago
The revenge jumped a whole school of sharks

The blackmail and the reconciliation were plausible and well explained, but the idea a bunch of amateurs could pull off such a complex revenge scheme and never get caught is hard to buy. Also, all three of the main characters, especially Kasey, are in need of some sort of professional counseling, and how are they going to arrange that without endangering the secrecy of what they did?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
4 star

Excellent karma for that blackmailer

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 5 years ago
Darkly Original

Or originally dark. In either case pretty good yarn. The blackmail scenario is hard to make it past the smell test but this one worked. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

That is all I can say! An original take on a well worn theme.5+

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Don't know what to say!

Wow!

Creative, but any revenge that has more than one participant is risky. Don't understand most of the participants motives for helping, to your premise (a good one) that the original action had to be way more severe than the repercussions from the revenge to make it a reasonable undertaking. Works for the protagonist and the wife, don't know if I buy it for the rest of the gang.

Entertaining though from a fantasy point of view. Like that you are stretching your talent.

Really Jonesing for a St. Clair episode, any chance?

MrObnoxiousMrObnoxiousover 5 years ago
Great work

I agree with all your post comments. You pulled off a tricky plot very well. I am really looking forward to a Cherie story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Scarily well thought out...

A lot of the LW stories are pablum. Some of them are horrifyingly misogynistic (thankfully, that particular author is long gone from this site). This one had a hook and dragged me in from start to finish. Okay, okay, I'll come clean; the BDSM stuff was hot - although, that red chile lube.... Brrrrrrrr! An enthusiastic thumbs up - and the balcony is now closed. Yes, I would sign in with my user name, but the login window will only accept the first four digits of the six-digit security code

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 5 years ago
Amazing

I usually don't care for blackmail scenarios, but this was riveting and very well done 5 *. Excellent story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Comments

@Huedogg2 - Her husband was out of the country. She couldn't tell him.

@Anonymous Re: Motives - I believe the other participants were also victims of the blackmail.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 5 years ago
Well...

The writer did his best to create

a reasonable reconciliation.

Didn't work for me.

Accepting blackmail

is like playing a russian roulette.

That is, the stakes are higher.

The wife here showed more

devotion to her lesbian lover

then her husband.

Why not give her to her lover?

Maybe find a woman he can trust?

As unsatisfied as I am with the RAAC,

I have to tip my hat to so fine writing.

With details on professional level.

4 out of 5 from me.

njlaurennjlaurenover 5 years ago
Wow

Sure it is over the top and there are things that don't pass reality checking, but who cares? Yes, the people putting together the perfect revenge like this would likely fail (more than likely the drugs and the shock of what they did would kill him,especially a morbidly obese guy in his 40's), and IDK if Kasey could do this without going psychotic (the revenge)...but this was too well written and as much as Kasey did her husband for once was an adult, lot of the hubbies in typical lw stories would run away like a little whiny boy, he was adult enough to figure out something was wrong, see what really happened and like a real spouse, would see that his wife was still human,mother of the kids and the consequences. The story rings true with her running over the stripper, unlike tv cops, real cops are lazy, seeking the easiest answer, and would have railroaded the wife even if the stripper had priors that matched what the wife said or even if other women came forward about being drugged. Though she had a hold over chris (him taking the security tapes was a major felony,he would get ss stiff a sentence as her as an accessorary/aiding and abetting) she couldnt take the chance...

In the end you have to suspend some disbelief but so what, you do that w good fantasy stories...

@veritas:

I don't think Cherie realized that Kasey was hurting or something was wrong, her husband looking at the video thought she was happily doing it,at least initially, and Kasey clinged to her like a lifeboat but she had no way of knowing it was abnormal. The fact that Cherie didn't try to get tbe husband to divorce her and stepped out of the way says a lot about her, she easily could have used her smarts to convince hubby to divorce Kasey and manipulate her way into getting Kasey but she didn't. The only quibble is that Kasey and hubbie would have a mych rougher path, Kasey would need counseling after the shit hit the fan and hubby would have a long parh too.

Still, good going, very original and over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A very small suggestion.

Just finished the story thought it was well done. The only thing that confused me and might be fixed in a re-edit. In the first hotel room meeting and he was met by the black woman with a gun it was 1/2 page later before she was identified as Cherie, and the reader was trying to figure out who/what was this character. It is just a small point but I'm trying to be constructive. 4*. anonjerry

AxelottoAxelottoover 5 years ago
Wow, nice swerve!

I read this on my tablet, and missed your name when I opened it to read, but I saw it later when I looked at new stories from authors I follow. What a departure from your usual, but a ripping yarn!

[note to self - NEVER anger Todd172, unless your cancer diagnosis is fast and terminal... the dude has too many ideas]

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

A very different, very well written story. I was all ready for a BtB, then it turned out Kasey had effectively been gang-raped for a year... Chris got off lightly!

The teddy bear picnic was just totally insane. How did you come up with something so bonkers?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I thought the revenge was over the top, but you created the situation that you were trying to create-a situation where reconciliation was not only acceptable but also possibly morally required. Excellent job on the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A plot for a trailer trash intellect. Stupid premise and lame choices.

She didn't even know she ran over anyone. So some stranger who is a total sleeze bag shows her security camera quality video of her van supposedly running over some guy trying to sneak into the back (hijack) of her van. So she just believes it must be a legitimate video, and that she is totally guilty of murder, and that becoming a party slut for a black mailer will relieve her of risk, because we all know you can trust a person who is black mailing you.

Fail!

First she stalls for time. Then she contacts her husband. They contact a criminal attorney who sets up Chris for black mail and investigates how she could have become so incapacitated after one drink that she didn't even realize she ran over a human body, twice! Oh, she was afraid they would spend all their money trying to defend her? If she had contracted a serious illness, would she commit suicide so fighting her illness would not bankrupt their family? So becoming a gang bang whore is a more appealing alternative to her? Like I said, only a trailer trash intellect could be this stupid.

It was a good effort, but there is no intelligent reason to submit to black mail. How the fuck do you think you can negotiate with a black mailer?

Thanks for the effort.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Definitely

different. A well done exploration of a premise. Disturbing, but well done.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 5 years ago
Not Convinced

You tried hard to convince us she had no choice but to go along with the blackmail. But it's not true, is it? Forget Chris and his video. If you've run over a person and killed them, you take a deep breath and go to the police. That's the way responsible people behave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
on here...

Todd has accomplished what a lot of writers miss - understanding. (good closure)

Great job!

Smokepole

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
Well, it wasn't my kind of story.

Having said that, is was a great story of the not my kind type. There have been a few I have read like that. They can be harrowing, and yet they grip you in a way that poorly executed stories of the kind I like don't.

This one completed the scenario you set for it. Good job. I gave it a five.

This may be the least irritating story, stylistically, that you have written. Now, stop making that sound and go play with your knives.

TailakaTailakaover 5 years ago
Not my kind of story but....

I agree with some others that while I didn't enjoy the story it was, at least, well written. If she should have gone to the police, they could get a search warrant on Chris, and gotten the tape. Chris possessing the tape proves he lied to the cops and should prove his blackmail scheme. The Tape proves the death was an accident but Kasey was right that she'd look drunk rather than drugged. Even if her lawyer proved she was a drugging victim she'd prob. go bankrupt from lawyers fees.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "A plot for a trailer trash intellect"

While you can make a good case that she could/should have tried harder to get out from under, then we wouldn't have a story! It's like panning Frankenstein because there's no way that you can make a creature out of "spare parts" and animate it.

As for "becoming a party slut," my understanding that the original blackmail was to simply be his "partner" so that he could get into the swinger party. Again, yes, realistically when he pressured her to participate she SHOULD have said that the deal was to get him in, but once again, then we wouldn't have the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Put Cherie in The Shack Universe

Seems like a no brainer With Wendy maybe?

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Yeah.

What you said at the end. Just like that.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Oh, right. Forgot...

Awesome piece. Bravo. Gain, the thing about blackmailed people is pretty much right on.

One exception is #2. The problem there is what you are saying is how/what SHOULD be happening. But that’s not human nature. Depends on the personality, but it’s the inverse of the delayed reward being greater than the immediate reward, i.e. you put off a bad thing with what you THINK is a less bad thing. Like when I broke the neighbor’s window with a golf ball as I was making chip shots in the backyard when I was 12. I should have fessed up to the neighbor and my dad right away. Instead I tried to hide that I did it. The police were called and when they figured the golfball pretty much had to have come from our house, and it pretty much had to be me vs my 7 years old sister or my mother. My backside was pretty much beat black and blue. And I KNEW that was going to happen IF I was caught. But there was that small chance they wouldn’t have figured out who did it, so I tried to play innocent. Most likely, if I had gone to the neigbor’s right away, and apologized, and told my dad as soon as he got home from work, I might have been grounded for awhile. Instead I tried to get away with it, and got probably the worst beating I ever had (it was the police coming to the house that really did it).

Classic blackmail among spies. Get a target to do a small indiscretion, such as sleep with a pretty woman or handsome man, when you are married. Or they find had an arrest record that, if you bosses now found out, would have you fired. So you are forced to serreptitiously steal some small piece of data. And it just gets worse and worse. When you are initially hit with the blackmail you are worried about your spouse or boss finding out you did wrong. You might get a divorce or fired. You’re not thinking about being caught doing treason and doing 25yrs in a supemax prison.

Human selfish nature vs what SHOULD be done. It all depends on the person, and I think a majority of people, depending on the severity of the trouble they will be in initially vs possible but greater trouble later, will tend to pick the “maybe” later, vs the “for certain” now.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Seriously? Moderation?

Is it something I said, or was it too long?

Oh, and BTW - 5-stars. Again, bravo.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Put Cherie in The Shack Universe"

I THOUGHT I had made a similar comment, can't find it now, must have been a note to Todd when I Beta read. I think I added that St. Clair might have been an even better fit!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great work

I won't dissect the story with my whys and why nots. Enough really smart people have already broken it down and discussed it completely. I like a good revenge story where the payback is deserved. In this case, it wasn't over the top at all. I'm just not sure that the wife wasn't somehow complicit with what happened. The reconciliation was too easy. Maybe he has plans for a little more revenge later.

.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Loving wife to a tee

This was a "horrible" piece, in that the content and scenarios where simply nightmarish, but I get it, for me the story worked. The blackmail was realistic, the sequence of events, with Chris rearming himself with material to use, was believable. The revenge was OTT sure, but hey, Carl was in a similiar can't win situation, forced into doing the most distasteful things imaginable, that Kasey was in 15 years earlier. I did laugh long and hard near the end at the way Chris was trapped in a disastrous spiral all of his own making. So, the verdict. Really crappy content, and the sort of things that I would not entertain reading, but by then I was hooked. And hooked because it was well constructed, the writing was good and the character development excellent, I really cared for the safety and continued wellbeing of the two MCs. In the end, the villain of the piece got seriously screwed, the unknowing cuckold got as much revenge as he needed and the victim managed to square things with two people she loved, so they all lived HEA, and I managed to get through all that vicious mayhem both intact and shockingly entertained by it. Nice one, 5*.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Mixed Emotions

A very powerful and well written story. So much emotion in a situation like this. After finishing the story I feel so many various emotions that I will take a few hours to settle down. Top marks regardless.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
5*

Thanks - I need to read it again to comment but, it is a 5* story.

Todd172Todd172over 5 years agoAuthor
Again, Sorry...

...about the Teddy Bear. There's just no excuse for it. Sometimes my filters slip. If it helps any, I did actually tone it down a bit. You can ask my beta readers and editors, now that they've stopped twitching. Just speak quietly and don't startle them.

As always, thanks for the incredible encouragement, support and feedback - I know this one wasn't for everyone, and the fact that you were willing to read it anyway is appreciated.

If you didn't care for it, there's almost certainly something on the site you will like - keep looking. TexasTallTales, Colleen Thomas (We'll always miss you Colleen, RIP), The Girl in the Moon, What Dreams May Come, BurntRedStone… There is amazing stuff out there.

Thanks Again,

Todd172

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Todd, Yea, Yea, You're The Man!

Thank you for showing you are not a one note writer even though I love the Shack

Series. The capacity shown here is impressive, Your analysis of black mail stories explained to me why I did not like many of them! If you wrote a story per day I would never even eat....

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Even the best hitters strike out now and then

.

trandall9991trandall9991over 5 years ago
three good stories

No make that excellent stories. Talk about a breath of fresh air. And all got even. Its so sad that the cuckold genre usually wins. I saw Todd172 authoring a story and just had to read it.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Reread

Had to read this story again, as there was too much to take in with one reading. The revenge was definitely hard core and inventive as hell. What an imagination Todd has, and the writing ability to use it. I have to agree with many others, Cherie is a character to see again. Another winner from Todd172.

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
Cherie at the Shack

Could work. But how do you get the Teddy Bears to the luau? FFS what a great read. I can really see the effects of Randi's extravaganzas on multiple authors. All to the good I migjt add.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fucking goddamn excellent story

Absolutely continue to amaze with your storytelling Todd172. Very interesting to see you take a hard-core sex departure from your usual material. Very tough blackmail scenario. A fantastic one-off story. I look forward to your next story from The Shack or from Saint Clair!

green117green117over 5 years ago
Quite a good story

And I agree with the decisions you made wrt the plot progression.

Now, when I read I tend to watch how I am responding to the story - and my comments are generally a report on what seemed to make me wince, or raise an eyebrow, or something and I offer my observations to suggests something about how the story could be received. NOT a "this was wrong", but rather this is a possible way to take it, is that your intent? Here is interesting stuff being worked - was that your intent? And so forth.

Or I see a possibility that the other commentators seem to have missed, and suggest a way to appreciate the story more.

That being said - the protagonist seems too dissociated from the emotional impact of the situation. This is not to say that it is unrealistic - I have also had emergency training and know the emotional shutdown that you need in such situations - but the the quandary of the cheating wife story also contains the resolution of the dark emotions evoked by the cheating situation. I too would resolve the pending issue and then deal with the emotions, but as a story that isn't as strong a resolution.

Cherie was treated as an externality - not part of the emotional center of the story. Again, that is a reasonable choice but makes the emotional part less rich. For the commentariat: Cherie was horrified that she was part of the degradation of Karey - a reasonable response, since a player in a swing/gangbang/videos group is probably possessed of a conflicted past as well. How would you behave if you had found that you had done exactly the kind of thing that you are rebelling against to someone you loved?

Did Kasey in fact love Cherie? Well, what do you call the results of Stockholm Syndrome? I'm not sure I'd call it love... The next question is does Kasey still love the protagonist? After all, he wasn't around to help her/save her from the awful situation... and the "he'd kill me or at least divorce me if he found out" is not good on the trust side of the story - is she running through the resolution of her self image issues with her husband, and is that the same as love? There is dark stuff here - does he still love Kasey? One of the signature results of love is a profound empathy for the other person - is love then antithetical to revenge, even if not BTB? During most of the story, I didn't see a whole lot of empathy from him to her.

The "Kinkification" of Chris went way fast off camera - probably a good thing, for tender sensibilities... but my eyebrow went up. I haven't engaged in conditioning someone - I'm not sure fentanyl (which has been in use for pain for quite a while) would likely be a route to associate humiliation with pleasure. Perhaps something slipped into the description of the video content to suggest that Chris had a humiliation issue before the revenge might be useful foreshadowing? Maybe I don't know what I'm writing about? (the drug cocktail might have very odd effects - and I'm sure that Gatorade, particularly the green stuff, leads to perversion...)

The emotional exposition of Kasey after the revenge was very well done - but I'm not sure since I have never experienced that level of ... bad stuff.

Lastly - for the commentariat - are you sure that this kind of revenge never goes on? Todd seems to have more experiences than he'd be okay talking about... maybe all of this has to be taken seriously? Certainly, conditioning people goes on all of the time... watch (or perhaps, definitely don't watch) some TV...

I kinda empathize with the desire to get the BTB types to see exactly how self destructive the nuclear option is... I offer condolences about the boneheadedness of some of the comments... but that is LW, isn't it?

Thanks for the story - you write them, I'll read em... and I don't say that to many authors...

Green-something

green117green117over 5 years ago
Oh, an addendum...

One reason not continue Kasey + Cherie is that the situation that drove the connection is no longer in force, at least for Kasey... since her husband didn't go all nuclear she is not terrified, and so she is less likely to be hysterically bonded. Bites to be Cherie in that situation.

Kinda makes me wonder if that situation is more common than you might think in combat. And how long does Stockholm Syndrome last anyway?

Anyway, helping someone doesn't necessarily drive true love... a cautionary tale exists there.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dark story? Nah, just pornographic!

No need to read this story.

Just go to the sicker porn sites on the internet and you’ll get this story and more. And think about it, you won’t have to waste your time reading this trash, you can just live it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sick

I can't begin to describe how sick this is 1*

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
A story for Cherie?

With cameos from Kasie and Karl? She's just too interesting a character not to warrant her own story!

I'm not a big fan of the blackmail trope either. Sexual violence has always made me squirm. But it becomes a test of the spouse's compassion and strength of character. So in that sense, it works. I know James Lee Burke has used it in a few of his Robichaux and Holland series.

I've always enjoyed that your stories include strong and heroic women.

Thanks for another great story.

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 5 years ago
Thank you sir!

As you stated on another author's story, there are writers and there are storytellers on this site. I just wanted to say you're one of the best storytellers on here. I certainly admire the way you tell a tale.

As far as the Teddy bear scene... ROFLMAO!

http://imgur.com/tzlBfp5

Hell I thought you were a bit soft on the asshole. A broom stick and a drop of lube and you'd have a blackmailer/rapist lollipop!

Also really appreciate the breakdown of your thoughts on the way blackmail should be addressed when being used as a plot point in LW stories. Couldn't agree more!

Again thank you again for your story!

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Entertaining but I could never stay with her. All those years all those people knew except him, what a fool. Aside from divorce all the guys he knew personally that fucked his wife would have to get the shot kicked out of them if nothing else. Also the huge risk of bringing home a std to her family was high. No man or woman deserves a lying cheating mate to carry secretes like that . Now after all these years hubby will feel like a fucking humiliated, emasculated loser even if the story didn’t portray him that way

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bleak

Much darker than Todd's normal stuff and nowhere near as enjoyable for me.

Still we'll written, but didn't relate to the content.

The sex was more about torture than pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Blah... white boy with hurt feelings and revenge not so much

Not so much

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
That was a lot of hassle for revenge when........

Castration, penis removal, and numerous beatings would have sufficed. Not to mention taking all of his money from his website.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
A dark ride.

Not what you could call enjoyable, very dark and even the revenge left me a bit numb. But I thought it was structured well so the flow was fairly realistic and well written.

Personally I doubt I could have left there with his balls intact, but not sure that would have made it less numb.

There was little talk of what followed, both Kasey and MC would have needed a lot of professional help, to deal with the revelations, to deal with what happened and to deal with guilt and blame that both would have carried for both themselves and each other. Cherie sounds like she would have needed help too, being an unwitting participant does not necessarily make it easier to accept what you have done.

Also serious words would have been had with all involved that were aware that Kasey was married to MC, possibly written on a bat of some variety.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I liked it

I kind of like when the bad guy gets what he deserves, but hey, I've liked everything you've written

Pls keep writing

P.S. Thank you for your works

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 5 years ago
Morbid approvals

Definitely a freaky route through the mess. I liked you did t settle for conventional paths and played up the freak factor. Much better than a standard revenge plot.

Pappy7Pappy7over 5 years ago
Good writing,

so dark that it stained my eyes. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in this situation. I would have a lot of problems with the wife, not necessarily that she did it but what she did. He said that he couldn't tell that she didn't like it. Was comfortable with the men and women and the camera. So he had to reconcile what he saw with what she said, knowing she is a liar. Then the girl friend. She had to be a piece of work to have been there of her own free will. Not someone you could build a love with. She was a slut, a swinger and an unknowing rapist. The only thing that the wife did that was cheating, per se, was falling in love with Cherie, whether she was someone to cling to or not. Wife was to blame and she was also not to blame but how can the husband get those pictures out of his head. Might not be possible. He has to see how easy it was for his wife to fool him all this time. Thanks for sharing your talent.

FD45FD45over 5 years ago
Your comments on blackmail are spot on

I find the trope...unpersuasive usually.

Though as a caveat: some people care about different things much more than others. A woman stuck on a balancing act of never letting her husband see her as anything but his virginal bride has the same motives.

But the mental damage continues apace. If I had a critique, and I always do, it is that her mental 'cost' after the experience seemed mild.

But this is me looking for something to bitch about. Nice job!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
4183 Followers
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

SIMILAR Stories