Entangled Tracks

Story Info
They met on a train had an honeymoon but does she know he is.
8.2k words
4.5
10.6k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The train was due to leave in five minutes, the phone was unreachable and texts remained undelivered. She probably knew where this was headed. Her heart sank, predicting the obvious- he was not showing up. "or maybe it was the traffic, and he may have lost his phone" she mentally listed out 100 reasons to justify the absence of her "date", stopping only at the 'death' clause. Was she implying a person better be dead than having dumped her? Such toxicity in the dating business.

The train slowly pulled out of the station and a single teardrop trailed out off her face; a long weekend in the hilly it was for her; alone. At least this time she hadn't lost precious money, he'd done his own travel booking. The other "couple" reservations loomed over her. What was she to do with a king-size bed, a fireplace warmed room with a terrace, a bath that overlooked the forest, along with her request for plenty of candles and not to forget a day's booking of the "honeymoon hike". Her stomach churned but she'd "skip the hike & enjoy a lavish time of self-love" she steeled her resolve even as big fat tears began to spill over.

"Shall I take back my original seat?" asked a deeply amused voice.

She had earlier requested a change of seats with the person in the next row, "Can I request you to exchange that seat with my partner? Please" an excited face had beamed -- now clouded with tears. Blinking in an attempt to compose herself "Sure" she breathed a look of contempt and hurt flashed across her face before she went back to gazing at the receding Delhi city skyline- the sky as grey as her emotions fleeing as the train mercilessly sped on.

Her transformation hurt. True he was amused guessing the situation. He felt an unexplained pity for the broken heart, that or the prospect of spending the next 6 hours next to her sniffs prompted him to attempt damage control.

"Hi, I am sorry. I guess nothing is going as per plan... Can I help?"

"Sure, can you apparate me back to my Gurgaon apartment, with a box of Belgian dark forest? Till I tender myself here again"

"I can try chocolate at Karnal -- the next stop, can't be Giani's though. For the rest we'll have to wait out the weekend I suppose?!"

"Ha! Thanks" she smiled at his prompt presence.

"Oh! By the way -- apparition -- Potterhead?"

"Used to be, still am it seems" she shrugged, wiping at her face with a paper towel.

"You too?" she asked.

"Naaah!! I once had a 'partner' with that taste" he smirked. She scowled at his dig and resumed looking at the landscape. This dude was making her consider getting off at the next stop & head back home.

"I am sorry, that was unkind of me"

"Yeah, whatever" she didn't look his way.

"Well, I think the hills are better than Gurgaon for treating a heartbreak."

"It's not a heartbreak... I just..." she trailed off 'got abandoned' she had almost said aloud.

"It's better for health anytime then"

"Undeniably "

"Good so you're going on with the plans for the weekend!?"

"hmm, I suppose"

"But I hope you replace the 'honeymoon hike' with something more soulful this time"

"What even? How do you..."

"Ha! I knew it" he blurted in triumphantly, "I never understood why everyone takes that wretched walk"

"Well, yes It is quite lame I remember, but then that's what you do when you go to Nainital in the wedding season"

"You remember??" He looked at her disparagingly.

"Hello! Judgmental uncle did you just assume I have been dumped on my very first 'honeymoon??"

"I..oh.. sorry..yeah, I suppose I made an assumption..interesting; I mean that's incredible" He paused and went on "but I really can't imagine anyone going for that crap a second time... I mean I am sorry" He scuffowed at her pointed gaze.

Tea was served at just the opportune moment to rescue him from the crime scene.

"Excuse me can you please serve me the tea for seat no 18 as well?" She spoke to the server.

"What? I love my chai. Are we judging again?"

"No, I was wondering if I should ask you to share the extra cookies"

"Ha ha, sure. Have them, I was looking for the extra nicotine anyway..." "Ah" she added flushing at his curious glance.

"Craving for a smoke?" he hissed close to her ears. Indian Railways had zero tolerance for tobacco. 'Punishable offence' many warnings proclaimed.

"Badly, after all this, yes definitely" she sighed.

"Hang on, let's go in a bit." And with that he got up heading towards the server, straightening his trousers as he went. Not quick enough, for she spotted the rim of lavender peeking from underneath as he was getting up.

"Umm, interesting" she thought biting at a cookie as she looked after the rather muscular form making its way along the aisle. The squared shoulders, rounded yet muscular arms spoke of quitted gyming, and long hair suggested a ponytail coming up. Slight stubble, good humour and dates potter heads -- her brain added. Ah, what was she even thinking.. but what if? why not? How many people travelled to Nainital alone in the wedding season anyway?!

"Chalo.. come" he declared gloriously.

"Sorry? Where to?

"Arey, come fast not much time till the next station, or the visit, or whatever, the attendant said we have only 15 mins" His urgency made her follow him down the aisle.

"What do you...? " Into the loo they went. A non-committal glance from the attendant was the only resistance as he happily pocketed a note he was offered.

"This is unreal" she whispered "I am stuck in a train loo with a man whose name even is unknown to me..."

"It's Abhay, and you are not stuck. Here" he added retrieving a pack of cigarettes and holding it out for her "Given the current situation, I did assume you'd not have brand preferences" he smirked holding out a lighter.

It was a delight to watch her light up and visibly calm down at every hit of nicotine. She stood with her eyes closed as if to delve into the drug all the more deeply as if there was nothing else in the world. Oblivious he thought as she opened her eyes in a while taking in the stank air of the loo, now clouded with smoke.

"It's cleaner than I imagine.. the loo I mean" she attempted to break the silence, now awake to his gaze on her.

" Oh! That yes, It's a wonder what 500 bucks can do for you"

"Ah really! That's why I see... I once knew someone who had their first kiss in a train loo, always wondered..."

"What? How it felt?"

"No" I mean "fuuuu" she exhaled "How they managed.."

"What's there to manage? I know someone too..." He looked at her cocked head a crooked smile on her face as his face reddened "Alright fine, I did kiss the Potterhead in a loo, on a train."

"Ha, ha, look at you blush." She giggled

"Wasn't the best kiss.. what? Me? blush no.. wasn't the best kiss even"

"Ha ha" he's cute she thought butting out the cigarettes, they walked out. The attendant followed with an air freshener.

" Let's stand at the gate for a while shall we?"

"Yes we stink"

"No you don't, you smell great"

"Excuse me?" she froze unsure if she heard right.

"Well yeah, what are you awkward about? We were closed up in a 2 by 2 loo just now, You smell fine. Nice perfume. A bit weaned off, with the smoke and tears but..." he trailed off sensing her bemused look.

The door now opened to a horizon of green fields. They had left the city behind, green fields rich with harvest stretched out and facing each other, a sliver of sunshine shining in between they stood breathing in the crisp winter air. A slight jerk as she would fall straight into my arms he was thinking, just like in the movies she was thinking.

He stretched out an arm between her & the door. " I hope you have no idea of jumping"

"What? No! Not over an unfortunate guy? No way!"

"Over the railway track, I meant"

"What? Unbelievable you" She punched him on the shoulder bursting into laughter at his come back. Was he trying to flirt? The laughter faded as she watched his eyes prodding into hers, darkening. Suggestive were they?

"Come inside both of you" the voice of the TTE broke into their thoughts. "Just wait out a few more hours we'll be there soon" he called after them smiling.

"I suppose we'd make a convincing couple if you plan to go ahead with the hike" he spoke to her in a low growl before shutting his eyes to music in his earphones as they sat down and he seemingly dozed off.

Sigh.

She looked out on the open fields flying past. Hills were showing up vaguely on the horizon now, threatening to loom over her thoughts, getting closer. She could see all her plans piled up in them, waiting for her to mock her through the weekend. Big fat tears rolled across her cheeks, again. Her face felt heated against the cool glass window, she gave in to the crying. Did she always pick the wrong guy? Was it because she was fat? Ugly? Independent? 'good girls don't smoke' 'girls who drink and dance can't be married to' 'look pretty or no man will love you' 'don't talk back' 'girls don't ride bikes' 'don't eat so much' 'don't laugh so loud'..... all the voices got louder in her head, her heart broke at the mean words.

After what seemed like an eternity her tears dried up into a stupor.

"So you are done, finally?" The gentlest of touches moved her limp self from the window into a strong embrace. She breathed in a musky fragrance, she heard a soft assurance "Stop now, We'll be there soon. I really don't have another 500 bucks for the loo guy." The last of her resolve broke and she gave in clutching onto his comforting hold. Her entire being shook with stifled sobs, cries for years of embarrassment, self-criticism & doubt finally flowing free. He patiently held on -- a complete stranger whose pain he could feel in his heart at that moment. Why were we men designed to be such brutes while women were... so endearing?

The train was drawing into the station and he realized with a pang in his heart it'd soon be time to let go. He had traveled these parts all his life, but the sunset he witnessed over the valleys today had an extraordinary shine. Her dark brown skin glowed in the orange light, tears still glistening at the eyelashes. Her red nose puckered up at the slightest shifts and jerked. Her fingers short & stubby grew white with holding onto him -- pink healthily trimmed unpainted nails shone through the short black hair spattered all over his chest.

A ruthless flirt with a home in the hills, he had romanced a lot many pretty- perfect girls here. Yet what must it be to kiss these puffed-up lips? He wanted to play with the trinket upon her earlobe, despite one of them digging and hurting his shoulder blade. She shifted slightly as if sensing his thoughts -- groggy -- sleepy- still tearful. Her cheek rested upon his chest, he adjusted her better, gently stroking her back to sleep, tucking a lock of hair back behind her ears. A faint fragrance drifted from her hair, he bent closer, enticed. Dare he steals a kiss? She looked far too peaceful but also too alluring. They pulled into a tunnel preceding the station.

He looked at her full, shapely form; her soft rounded curves were...

"Wake up" a soft voice breathed into her ear, close, much too close. A tingling sensation from her toes was rapidly spreading all over her awakening her to... when had she balled herself into a hug with this stranger... Ashok -- Akash- Abhay... Is he still a stranger after you've spent over two hours cuddled into him- Crying!!

How embarrassing.

"Don't worry about it, I do hope it was comforting enough"

"I'm sorry, I don't know..."

"I said don't worry about it" he repeated.

"But, you..."

"Well since you are still feeling that sorry, and if you want we could... it's almost dinner time."

"Oh you mustn't, I mean it's okay, I'm fine really" she managed to blutter.

"Okay if you insist on enjoying your honeymoon weekend, alone.. bye and good luck" The train had stopped, and he made to move.

"Hey, you are also travelling alone on valentine's week. Stop pulling my leg, loner" she said with all her courage, pretty angry and frustrated.

"Well, my home town is a short way from here. I am travelling for a family function tomorrow. And.." He bent closer maliciously "I have no intention so far of pulling your leg."

"So you are headed out of town right now?" she asked colouring up.

"Not if you asked otherwise of me. I do need to change out of these tears, kohl and snoot-stained clothes here" he pointed at the many stains she was guilty of. He was still talking ".. grab a dinner somewhere and then.."

Was he expecting her to invite him over, seemed like it, seems like a nice guy too? But was she really ready? "You do plan to get off the train??" His voice brought her back to the moment. Quickly grabbing her luggage after her she hurried

"Hey, Hey" she called

"It's Abhay!" he turned.

"yes, Abhay," she was panting

"Yes??"

"Would you wanna? I've got this place booked... a little uphill. Oh and a scooter too, right across..?? Will you..."

"Well let's get you some dinner first so you talk more clearly?" He smirked a knowing smile.

They walked out of the railway station together, just another couple walking into the rapidly darkening evening.

"So this scooter is it booked with Smithy's or Sunny's"

"Sunny's" she replied.

"Oh man," he grumbled. He did belong to this place, the scooter guy happened to be a friend and after making up quite a story to explain her presence he could get away with their ride.

"Where to my lady?" he asked as she climbed up clumsily wondering how to minimize the contact of their bodies, suddenly sensitive to each point that touched him.

"26, Downing street" she quipped

"No way, you booked at 'The Nest'. How predictably typical for a pre-honeymoon" he remarked as they rode on the curving turns of hills, cold air rustling their hair.

"It's pretty & the views..."

"It sure has some views, but it does get much better around here. Views they do not show on the internet, yet. You can't imagine."

Imaginations ran wild, possibly for both of them. Breathing heavily broke the tension "Alright then to the nest it is. But first I need a smoke under the sky and food that is meant for the belly & not Instagram"

They rode on for a few minutes and halted at a small roadside eatery. Unmounting he went straight to the counter, made orders for them both and was back at her side before she could remove her focus from his confident yet carefree gait.

"When & if you are done checking me out, the view from that bench over there is great," he said pointing at a makeshift seat on the other side of the road.

She blushed, he smiled amused, stifling a strong desire to fix her eyes upon himself. "Let's go" and he took her hand like you'd hold a child's as they crossed the road. The view was indeed mesmerising, she noted a little while later, brushing aside a chain of obscene thoughts that seemed to have been triggered by the touch of his hands. He lit her cigarette, watching the glassy eyes he could guess where he had to lead them. He could almost read her at some moments, while she seemed like a bottomless mystery at other times.

The world melted at the touch. Rough, sweaty, cold and comforting all at the same time. His palms were a portkey of promises -- how'd it feel to have them all over? To hold it tighter. She remembered the comfort of his embrace back in the train... and thoughts of what it could be at the fire-lit room waiting for them uphill.

The lights were turning on upon the hills around them. Small specks of shine like fireflies up on a night blue expanse that stretched in front of them. They put out their smokes, the parcel containing dinner arrived and they made a quick stop at a general store, for cigarettes what else Abhay explained and Smriti decided against probing further. It was good to be careful anyways. By the time they reached the suite, it was considerably dark.

"I'll take the bath first" Smriti declared

"I know, You must be desperate, to cry some more," Abhay said with a meaningful pause

She decided to ignore his jibe and got around unpacking. The colour drained from her face as she realized she'd packed nothing to prepare her to live with a stranger... everything seemed rather explicit. Picking up the simplest and most comfy t-shirt and skirt she hurriedly put everything away. Too much lace for any good she thought as she walked into a stunningly decked-up bath. The heady smell of roses hit her first thing and then she noted the dozens of candles that mounted every surface. She might still need and use them, her thoughts drifted to Abhay as she walked into a warm bath. Smiling she hugged herself, the warm water washing away some of the apprehensions.

"The bath is all yours" she declared walking out warm, clean and clearly refreshed. Maybe I should have picked something sexier, she thought as she felt Abhay's gaze upon her, measuring her appearance, as he put down a cup of tea, rising from the couch and walking towards her -- towards the loo.

"Why? someone is smiling widely now," he said "good so my fresh shirt will not get stained by tears at least" he added.

"oh by the way --the place does have refreshing views" he grinned pointing to the frosted glass wall between the lounge and bath. A deep flush crept up her neck as she imagined him watching her undress and bathe.

"And there's tea, drink up while it's still hot" Abhay's voice sang from the bath between whistles and humming a happy tune.

He turned out the lights of the shower, lighting candles that bathed the frosted glass with a flickering glow. A dark naked figure walked under a steaming shower. He knew she'd be watching. Those thoughts needed something stronger than tea Smriti decided, walking towards the bar cabinet. She was greeted with a note-

"Beer is bad for grief, drink that tea"

Was she that predictable? Annoyed she poured herself a mug full of tea. She walked out of the double doors that lead to a beautiful terrace. Lighting up a cigarette with hopes of blowing away the image of his wet body under the shower she sat on a couch. There was silence and the sounds of the forest all around. The rhythm of the bugs in her eyes, she was walking towards a bathtub in the middle of a room lit with a hundred candles, she almost reached Abhay lying in the tub when he emerged from behind her.

"you could have worn something better since you are all stocked up" he grinned maliciously whispering in her ears and pointing a thumb behind him, where her bag had dropped, strewing the floor with all kinds of lingerie and the works. "The red Victoria's Secret would be a bomb on you" he called following after her hurrying figure.

"Come let's feed ourselves. I don't think I need the baby doll anymore. Thanks for the view once again." Abhay crossed her with a wicked smile, pointing at a drooping neckline that showed much more than what could be termed decent while she picked at various items of clothing. What was wrong with her day, he must be regarding her like such a sleaze. Damn this Rishabh why couldn't he just show up. Had he shown up she wouldn't be this desperately lonely... "stuck" She didn't realize she bluttered that out loud.

"For the umpteenth time, you are not stuck... Wait a minute are you feeling stuck with me? " He looked at her probingly, hurt clear across her face.

"No" she replied.

"Great then let's dig in. There's no heartache that a piping hot paratha can't cure. And you can ask me to leave at any point alright..."

"Listen I don't really need your sympathy, please have your dinner" She snapped before he had finished, walking towards the bar cabinet, annoyed by his buoyant attitude while all she wanted to do was mull over the day's events.

"I thought I told you beer is bad for heartbreaks," He said getting in between her & her poison.