Entity Nest Ep. 018: MUMbo JUMBO

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Penny is... dreadful."

"I thought her name was Janice."

"It is. I call her my bad Penny, a childhood name. Janice had an imaginary friend she called Penny. So, it just stuck. A lesbian, but the last I knew she was out of a relationship. She moved to North Carolina for a woman years ago but after I believe six years together, they parted. Penny only called me when she needed a shoulder to cry on."

"Not for money?"

"Oh no! That was her one good trait. She never asked me for a dime."

"Was she supportive of your psychic ability?"

"Not always! She understood it when I told her things about her relations that I couldn't have possibly known but even then, she chalked it up to guesswork. Before I died... I sensed her wanting to come home but... just couldn't."

"I know I'm prying but, where is her father?"

"Closer than I might want him to be I fear."

"What's that supposed to mean?" It was a beautiful drive to Belltower. The sun highlighting the forests to both sides of the road like a gift of diamonds being showered upon their travels. In a weird way even Gemma around Erin's neck glistened as if saying hello to her sisters. Almost apologetic Gemma's twinkle ceased, other's nonaware of her temporary reaction.

"His name is Maxwell. He courted me when I was thirty, never married. It was love at first sight, so I accepted his proposal. I was not getting any younger and my biological clock was ringing. I was pregnant in a month after our wedding day. He stuck by me until Janice was born, then divorced me shortly after. I raised Janice and Penny on my own. He did at least send me child support her entire life. I saved that money to put her through college. She was grateful for that much at least."

"She doesn't sound that awful Brimley. Maybe you should just... confront her. I'm sure Kyra would grant you the use of her body to at least talk to her. In doing that she might actually come to grips that your personal psychic talents are real." Kyra's hands went up as if saying, "Really Bitch?" Erin laughed, "You hush in there. I'm trying to help Brimley. It could be her last chance to bond with Penny, Janice."

"I would not ask this of you Kyra. But bless you for the use in this time of my need." Kyra patted her own hand lovingly, lending Brimley to smile through the hosts lips. "I speak for Ben and Rosa, we adore you both, for being here for all of us."

"Any time Ms. Stone. So, Maxwell Stone? You said he's close. Where at?"

"Near Melas. He lives in a retirement community now called Rowen Oaks."

"Where have I heard that before?" Erin winced.

"Roanoke!" Rosa spoke out from the back seat. "I would educate a guess that is where our... I say this loosely... friend Agnes Bloom lives."

"Roanoke?" Erin peered back at Rosa inhabiting Izzy, "Oh yeah! That whole lost colony thing. What was carved into that tree again?"

"Croatoan."

"I wonder what that meant."

"The indigenous population in North Carolina stem from the tribe. The colonists there were... likely killed by the tribes or adopted into their populace. However!"

"Am I going to cringe at this?"

"I suspect your Genevieve was a part of those colonists. Witches blended amongst them. Your Officer friend Angela... her last name is Dare. I would also put pesos on she, being a descendent in some fashion to those colonists. This entire region is a magnet to witchcraft. The entire eastern seaboard is home to many who practice the dark arts. This is what drew Luis and I to move here. I abandoned my practices, but I still felt... still feel their observations. Many leave us be, but their eyes forever meet us with scrutiny."

"Crazy stuff! Yeah, I recall Agnes mentioning Genevieve. So, hang on there... if Agnes lives at this Rowen Oaks where Maxwell lives..."

"Maxwell is a Warlock." Rosalita confirmed. Brimley in hearing this dropped Kyra's jaw. Erin, noting it swallowed dryly. "I hope that does not come as a shock Brimley."

"Of course, it does. How could I not have foreseen that?"

"A spell over your senses. Maxwell, if he funded your child must be one of the good ones. If I were to share suspicion, I would think his coven recalled him. He obeyed. Unlike myself which is why I am now dead."

"Dear God!" Brimley simply gave Kyra her body back and moved into Cotton. Cotton dropped to the floorboard to hide.

"That means... Janice is a witch too?"

"Biologically, yes. If not told of her heritage she would live a normal life. In moving to North Carolina, it is possible that she befriended other witches drawn to her. Perhaps even her former mate." Cotton began to howl between Kyra's feet. "I am sorry Brimley. I will shut my daughter's mouth now."

"Okay! Enough for one day. We're in Belltower so let's just... live as normal as we can? Breath... those with lungs." Silence ruled the ride for the next ten minutes. "Goodwill up ahead. Rico? I'll give you some cash. I have two hundred without an ATM so use it wisely." She pulls into the outlet and digs into her purse. "Here!" A backseat handoff the boy took the cash. "Go shopping! There's a diner over there just meet me and Kyra in say two hours. Save enough cash there for a piece of pie of something until I get there. If you run into friends... watch what you say."

"How do I explain getting out of jail early? Or my cuffs."

"Early release! Tell them they're making you wear those cuffs as a remainder of those thirty days like a scare tactic."

"Perfect! Let's go mom!"

"Keep them in line Rosa. Izzy? Watch taking over Rico's voice box please it's going to stir up thoughts if people hear two voices from one body."

"I shall whisper."

"As will I." Rosa with a deeper voice than Isabel added.

"I'll find a florist and get some daisies."

"Thank you, Erin." Doors open to quick exits, Erin and Kyra alone now.

"Hold on!" Kyra sighed before Erin could back up, "You go do your things with Brimley. I'll babysit. Besides I have a credit card I can get them lunch at the diner."

"Are you sure?"

"Someone has to keep peace. Brimley? If you need me, my body is yours, just give me fair warning please." A whimper from Cotton she could tell Brimley was miserable. "Hang in there." Kyra safely got out of the truck then patted Cotton on his head, "You too Buddy Boy." It was nice to be acknowledged as himself.

"Call me if there's a problem."

"Will do." Kyra walked around the Land Rover and into the Goodwill. Pulling out of the parking lot Erin snapped a glance across the street at the diner. In a window stood an older black woman wearing an apron. Noting her eyes piercing at her Erin paused, "Nothing weird about that. Only black eyes. Not meant to sound racist, mind you."

Hearing this Cotton jumped from the floorboard then into the passenger seat. A fast reposition he reared up and put his paws on the dash to look out the windshield. Brimley merely whimpered through his nostrils. "Are you getting bad vibes too?" A yelp and a sneeze meant 'Damn straight!" Moving on in a reluctant manner Erin headed downtown. "I'll text Kyra to be careful. At least she has Rosa to advise her and Rico to defend her." Everything was a risk at this point. Belltower was quickly becoming stressful. Looking over your shoulder at the next person was going to happen.

Making her way downtown to the rustic side of an obviously very old town, historic looking buildings were restored and quite stunning. That was the one thing she could say about the area it was certainly well-maintained. "Belltower has charm I'll give it that. Bark once if I'm just seeing an illusion, twice if it's real." Yap! Yap! "Just checking. With all this witchypoo stuff you never know." A nod at her led Erin to believe she might be reconsidering her own opinion. Learning her ex-husband was a Warlock after all these years was quite a bit to digest. Cotton was hungry up until that point. Now, even he shared that pit in his stomach. When Mum was sad, so was Cotton.

"Well, looky there, a florist right across from the cop shop. I wonder if Angela or Eerie are here. Dreyfus doesn't know anything unless they told him which I kind of doubt it. Need to know basis. Tell me Brimley... can you see me as a police officer around here? Bark for me Swami. What do you see in your crystal ball?" Was it sad that she looked down and saw Cotton licking his balls? "That bad, huh? Maybe you're just seeing my nympho ass licking Eerie's sack. Okay! I'll leave the car on like I did for dad over in Melas. Air conditioning going you should be fine. I'll lock you in but if you're like dad I'm sure you can get out if necessary. Just don't go far please." Yip! Yip!

Keypad on the door all she had to do was unlock the code to get back inside. Pausing at seeing a bench on the curb for citizens to enjoy she rolled her eyes and sat down for a bit, her skirt ignored it wasn't hard for onlookers to enjoy her either. She just wasn't worried about it. Taking out her cellphone she committed to her promise to her dad. Contact list call she let it ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mommy. It's Erin."

"I know honey. Your name came up. How are you?"

"I'm good. Just sitting on a bench in uptown Belltower. I'm here to apply for a job at the local police department. I met a nice officer who suggested I check into a vacancy. I need to rebuild my savings after buying the house outright."

"Jacob showed me some pictures he took of the outside. It looks rundown."

"It could use this woman's touch. All in good time. The place was built pretty solid. Anyway... I hear you're going to be a grandmother again."

"I am, I am!" Dana Parrish giggled, "Can you believe Cassandra mentioned naming the new baby Ben if it's a boy?"

"Aww! That's nice of her. She has her moments I guess."

"She loves Jacob. For the longest time she just had to have everything her way. Now that their wedding anniversary is coming up, I think she's trying harder to be more in tune with him."

"That's good. Jacob says you're determined to visit. You're not even giving me much time to get settled in, I've only been here a month, and one of those weeks was in a hotel room. Which oddly just burnt to the ground last night. My cop friend Eric sent me a video of the blaze."

"Well, I hope you weren't planning on putting us up in a hotel room during our stay."

"Of course not!" That idea got shot down quickly. "It's just I only have two beds and Kyra is moving into the main guest room. There are a few locked rooms I'm not even certain what's in them yet, no key fits them. If there's a bed in there it would need cleaned after years of not being used. I'll figure it out. I mean if it comes down to it Kyra can sleep with me, but the other bed won't fit four of you."

"The boys have a tent they can pitch in the yard. If it's safe that is."

"I don't see why not. I have two dogs now that can camp out with them."

"Two? Oh my! What kind?"

"A poodle I adopted after its owner died and then Kyra brought me a big ole' Great Dad... Dane! He's a pain in my ass." She laughed. "But he's friendly, the boys will love him." And Ben will love camping out with his grandsons. "It's a shame Jacob can't get away, but he was just here. Oh, did he tell you that he's getting a U-Haul trailer so that Cassandra can bring Kyra her things now that she's moving here?"

"He did. Jacob called her dad last night. Harlow said he would get the trailer and have it ready for when Cassandra and I got there."

"Awesome! Okay, so what day are you all arriving? So, I can clean house better and figure out those locked rooms?"

"Wednesday through Saturday."

"So, three days. That's a short stay, but I understand." She wiped her brow of sweat. "Besides if I get this job I might start right away. My military credentials give me everything I need without any waiting period. I wasn't really sure what kind of job I might get here. I mean... " She looks behind her, "There's a flower shop with a help wanted sign in the window. Last resort, you know me and my red thumb." Thorn pricked resulting in a blood bath.

"Green."

"Stop at the red mom." She laughed, "I can't keep a cactus alive. It's crazy that a town this small, maybe 4,300 people it has a need for a florist. I guess there is a huge cemetery here, wedding and anniversaries and all that but still. I'd think that would be a one-person job."

"Yes, you would. That sounds more up my alley than yours. Maybe I should move in with you and take that job." Erin dropped her jaw. Oh God! "I'm teasing, stop covering your eyes." She was too. Mommy knew her baby all too well.

"I... considered that option but honestly mom... I need my independence. Jacob and Cassandra need you there for the kids. Dads buried up there. Grampa Parrish and Grandma Winters."

"Yes, they do. But that doesn't mean I can't take a bus down for a week or three, now and then."

"This is true. Just give me enough time to make any long-term stay comfortable on all of us okay." Dana understood, "Alright let me get over to the police station before they go to lunch. I love you Mommy."

"Love you too sweetheart. I miss you."

"Same." Erin made kissy noises then said, "Bye." That was done. Looking over at Cotton watching her from the driver's seat she smiled. She knew Brimley was proud of her for keeping her promise to Ben. A glance away on Brimley's part as if warning lured Erin to look over her shoulder. To her surprise a yellow rose was waiting. Eyes flaring in surprise she glanced higher and bulged her eyes even more. "Holy crap!"

"You looked like you needed a friend. If I'm wrong, I only lose four dollars." A handsome man that looked like actor Chris Evans with a well-trimmed beard smiled at her with perfect teeth.

"You work at... Blooming Idiots?" That was the florists name painted on the window.

"I own the shop. Ian Flynn, it's nice to meet you." He extended the rose until she took it. Blushing slightly, which was not her style at all, she waited until he took a seat next to her. In crossing in front of her he did shamelessly look at her muscular legs. Seated he pats his upper thighs and sighs. "This is my break time every single day. Bench press!" He flexes some quite generous biceps.

"Erin... Erin Parrish. Hi Ian and thank you for the yellow hello. If it'd been red, I might have slept with you on the first date." He chuckled at that.

"I can fetch a red. Dozen even if that gets me a kiss here and now."

"Ehhh? Peck on the cheek for a dozen daisies? Maybe a lick on the other cheek, I like to French." She winked, "I intended to buy some flowers for my friends to take to the cemetery. Their mom and baby sister are buried there."

"Ah! Shame! That's a fourth of my business. The other part is herbs."

"You a weed dispenser?" She laughed. "I'm looking to score some."

"Afraid not. My folks got me into medicinal herbs, so I grow a lot of unique things in my greenhouse at home."

"Feed me Seymour kind of things?"

"Venus Flytraps the size of my arm."

"Which arm, I count three?"

"As forward as I am." He laughed. "Smallest arm." He showed her his left arm. It never caught up to the other two. Freak of nature I guess."

"Nice! Ian? I need to run across the street there. Can I come back for those daisies and your phone number?"

"Reporting me to the cops for sexual harassment?"

"Have you harassed me yet?" She turned sideways in her seat and let him look up her skirt. "There's still time."

"Lovin' it! I'll blush now." He sighs, "That does look inviting though."

"Okay! I'll take the job on a part time basis."

"As my love slave?"

"That too if it pays better than the floral arranging."

"So, why the station visit?"

"Applying for the full-time job." She chuckled. "I hear they supply fuzzy handcuffs to their female officers."

"Coming from Fiona Waddle? I doubt that."

"Fiona Waddle?"

"Chief at the station. Hardcore... " He hem hawed around.

"Dyke? I've heard. I'm friends with Angela Dare and Eerie Barker."

"You know Eerie? Hell, we watch football together."

"Really? I just... sort of set him up with my girlfriend Kyra. Maybe we can double date sometime once I see my schedule. I mean if... you'd want that."

"Still staring between your legs. I'm in!"

"You told me your name already." She razzed him. "Ian like Flynn."

"Can't wait!" He grinned, "You do your application process and I'll have your daisies and your roses ready when you come back."

"Thank you. I... do need friends... with benefits. Like job benefits too." She hinted peering back at his shop.

"Sure! I'll give you a paid lunch hour every day you work for me." He snickered. "Find out your schedule and let me know. I'll take the sign out of my window."

"Deal! Now kiss my knuckles." She poised her left hand at him. Puckering with a nod he did just that, holding her fingertips delicately. "Saving the other set for a fist in case I need to punch your lights out... if you were to kiss me elsewhere... before I got up off of this bench."

"Worth that black eye?"

"You tell me." Risking it Ian leaned over and kissed her on the lips. A tender yummy kiss at that. A pat to her leg he ended it and got up, whistling as he walked away. "Okay! You can fist me later."

He made a cute boxing dance punching at his reflection in the window. He left her speechless. Not thoughtless though... "Oh my God! Gemma that man is fiiiiiine!" No reaction! He must be the one normal person in all of Belltower. "How is that guy not married?" No ring, that was promising.

Standing up she took her rose to her car and unlocked it. "Here! Don't say I never gave you anything." She turned the stem sideways and let Cotton bite down on it. "Do me a favor and stand in the windshield and let him see you with it." A whimper and a wag, Brimley was definitely her girl. "I guess you approve. Wish me luck." Door closed and locked again she headed across the street. Ian stood in his window and removed that help wanted sign. Grinning at Cotton holding the rose he chuckled.

"Woman's best friend." He intended to sneak out and put a red rose on her windshield, but Cotton hit the power window. With it down he traded the red for the yellow and patted Cotton on the head. "Thanks Buddy. Your master is... beautiful."

A paw tapping his knuckle made him smile.

Mum did indeed approve.

12