All Comments on 'Epiphany'

by Azpiri

Sort by:
  • 104 Comments
patilliepatilliealmost 10 years ago
uh ok too short to really be interesting

Pls finish

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Too Short?

No way. Everything that happened was enough. While waiting for the pearly gates our spirit came home to visit one last time. Could have been an episode of "Twilight Zone," X-rated, of course. Very powerful short story.

Five Big Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sad

Sad

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 10 years ago
A sad little tale

Perfect length. Just enough to get the idea across, and a reminder to readers to take care of what's important in life, before it's too late.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 10 years ago
the fact that she stopped at last second is MEANINGLESS

this marriage is over. The husband working too hard to support the wife is a manner and style she wants or demands is not reason to cheat

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@patillie

Huh?

He's dead. It IS finished!

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 10 years ago
Impressive

The story SEEMED like another variation on the "he came home and ..." when you dropped this "ending" on us.

Nicely done. 5*!

Judging by the comments I read, some either misread or didn't finish the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
He's dead!!!

Some of these comments are laughable... How can you not get it?

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
Good story....good ending.

That was surprising, to say the least.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 10 years ago
Interestingly different, but

Once again, our friend Harry sure does need to actually READ, now doesn't he?

That comment by him is hilarious.

I personally like different, this little short sure is.

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Harryva comments are a joke

Does he know how to read, the man was dead his ghost was present. Killed in a car crash a while back , she loved him and had difficulty moving on. So I do not know what these other jokers were reading with there comments being so far off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This story answers the question I've always wondered about.

It seems a number of commentators write their comments without really READING the story. Something I've suspected for awhile now. At least do the authors the courtesy of actually reading their stories before you comment rather than just throwing out inane or just plain stupid comments. This story is finished. He's dead.

MitchFraellMitchFraellalmost 10 years ago
Good short read

A widow always has to move on at sometime but that does not mean she forgets her first husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
No wonder!

No wonder that darned 3rd stair didn't creak!

A good story, one I enjoyed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Harry is a badly programmed bot

Not a real person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is somone elses work.

Unless the author is rewriting his/her own work. This is a story by someone else. IF so, plagiarism.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
BOTS OF THE HEART

re-unite in all your electronic glory. TK U MLJ LV NV

AzpiriAzpirialmost 10 years agoAuthor
Re: Plagiarism

Normally, I don't respond to anonymous comments. However, if you're going to make an accusation such as plagiarism... you better cite the author and/or the work that I allegedly copied. I can assure you that this is my own original work and I will not have you sully my name with a baseless accusation.

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124almost 10 years ago
Different

It sure ended different than I figured but that's what's interesting about this group. Once in a while we get stories that have a different twist. Good 'un 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
re: plagerism CLARIFICATION

There is a SIMILIAR story twist used in the story "I give my wife away" by curious2c. However, there are SIMILAR stories EVERYWHERE on this site! Using recurring themes is the bread and butter of the LW genre. There is only so many ways one can tell the tale of one or both spouses cheating on the other. I'm sure each author does their level-headed best to put their own spin on and unique flavor to a story that often times, is as old and well worn as the institution of marriage itself. There may be other stories out there that I am unaware of using a deceased spouse surprise twist, but the one I mentioned seems the closest. Because curious2c really tried to trick the reader up until the very end before the ultimate reveal, like Azpiri did here. With all of that said, anyone who would compare the stories side by side (or word by word), would find that they really are completely different stories, and offer NO instance of plagerism. I agree with the author's comment/response that "Epiphany" truly IS an original (and pretty well written) piece of work by Azpiri, and it represents HIS own work and his alone. I only voted 4 stars, but it was easily far superior to anything else posted today, and the clear highlight to my LW reading of the morning. Thanks author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not plagium

There are similar music themas and music performers can permorm with other method. Alison Krauss and the Union Station performed a lot of music in Bluegrass style, which were composed by other musicians and the AKUS performances were the better than the original. There are motivs, which are common and the Authors combine these motives with new directions, characters etc.. The plagium is the total copy only, but THIS IS NOT PLAGIUM AT ALL! Cervantes used the motives of the obsolate knight novells and his novell became a Worldliterature peak..............

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

weird but continue this to where he is sent back to her

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 10 years ago
Excellent story, HILARIOUS comment

This was a well-written and creative story, with a nice twist at the end. Short and sweet, and an important message about letting work dominate one's life and marriage. Nicely done.

The comment by Harry from VA is an instant classic! I literally laughed out loud. As someone else pointed out, it's almost as if he isn't a real person, but some sort of app that someone created to leave nasty comments on all Loving Wives stories that don't involve divorce, revenge or double homicide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD...

AS I APPROACHED THE ENDING, I FELT SURE HE WOULD FIND HIS WIFE WITH A GUN IN HER LAP...ABOUT TO END IT ALL. BUT THEN....BOOM!!! WAS I EVER WRONG. THANKS FOR THE SURPRISE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
4*s

I was going along enjoying the story when BAMMO !!

It was over . Reminds me of 19 year old sex, lol.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Didn't see it coming

although a bit short, i enjoyed it , loved the ending, didn't see it coming

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Gave it a 4

When is the hard working wife gonna get killed. It a good story but 99 out 100 the writers kill off the husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
to each their own

Didn't care for it at all to be honest.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Fun Story

The lightness leads to a lulling of our senses until we suddenly find ourselves on the other side of the pale.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Great flash tale.

Wow! Just wow! The ending snuck up on me. Good stuff, man.

5 Stars.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 10 years ago
Nice read

Did not see the end coming.

rjm2rjm2almost 10 years ago
Ummm..... Howdy Bruce

Do you see dead people? I did see the end coming, from about 1/2 way.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Thanks***

For the read .

carvohicarvohialmost 10 years ago
Have I got a lot to say...

First a five, a glorious five!

Second, ignore H.I.V.; he's almost always wrong.

Third, this was not plagiarized.

Fourth, it was a truly touching story.

Keep writing!

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
I am sure you understood how we got to the point of the twist

I am just not sure I do.

Yes, it was a flash story. yes, it was written concisely. yes, you kept us wondering all the way to the end.

but

I don't know what happened? or if I was supposed to get something from the story that I am apparently missing.

it just leaves me a bit perplexed and with a bit of a

meh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Really?!

Buy a dictionary and look up the word - original.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Odd

Not the ending, I get what you were trying to do. This was just filled with several odd phrases that made it seem like you were trying too hard to make something unique. For example . . .

"Not wanting to surprise her, I crept up the stairs mindful of not placing too much weight upon the third step in the stairwell."

Not wanting to surprise her? I think that is why he crept and skipped the creeky step.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
WOW a good wife -

With horribly bad taste -

Too bad for him -

Let's hope they both find peace -

Nice story - great perspective -

rjordanrjordanabout 9 years ago
Fun twist at the end

I got sucked into this short story, and it seemed like a lot of others. Then the twist at the end. Well done.

Also, congratulations on snaring a record number of anonymice and commentbots like Harry in VA. Reminded me of that movie with Bruce Willis:

"I see dumb people...they're everywhere.They walk around like everyone else. They don't even know that they're dumb."

rj

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
LIMBO IS THE WAITING PORT

for those departed and waiting for the call, TK U MLJ LV NV

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundalmost 9 years ago
Unexpected twist at the end

And well written -- again.

Shades of "Wonderful Life" ? Well, almost!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Unexpected twist? Not hardly!

This was as surprising as an Iran nuclear inspection. Can you say "Sixth Sense"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
for me

one paragraph to long

apart from that i totaly loved it

quality wiritng

intense , interesting , engaging & well crafted

.

xxxhugsxxx

Richie4110Richie4110over 8 years ago
Well done!

Love complex endings. Thanks

tigger119tigger119about 8 years ago
Take Cuckold tag off.

As evidenced at the end, there was no cheating or cuckolding. Husband was hanging around for unfinished business. That accomplished, he had an epiphany that he had passed on and true to their vows he made it to "til death do us part". The story illustrated how he had been neglectful to his wife and how stressful and demanding his job had been. Logic suggests he died on the job succumbing to the high stress then repeating that last day over and over until something changed that altered his perception of real life. That something was finding his wife's first attempt to move on after him, even though she wasn't quite ready. This shithead Damon, attempted to put hubby down and her reaction to it was as expected. Never, ever speak ill of the dead, especially if that person is a beloved spouse. She obviously felt her husband's presence and threw the dipshit moron "friend" out. Hubby being there to "watch" over her saved her a lot of pain and hurt by almost hooking up with the wrong guy. Once that happened, hubby was free to let go as was she once he finally departed from her. All vows were kept, honored and completed; no cheating or cuckolding here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Negative Tiiger119 - this is the usual cuckold garbage. This author doesn't prescribe any else than that bullshit.

Don't believe it - read the other fucked up submissions. Besides, Tigger119 - why are your panties so bunched up & twisted? Take a chill pill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not All Surprise Endings Are Favorable

You had a very good story going but absolutely ruined it with the surprise ending.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 8 years ago
NOT LW - Fantasy!

Wrong category. A widow fucking a living guy is NOT being adventurous! Fantasy or Erotic Coupling!

Not really sure the White Light would be beaming for Late (clueless) Hubby!

Smell some brimstone in there?

Yuri5Yuri5almost 8 years ago
lol the cuckold tag might be bait

Pretty sad story, but much too fleeting.

Anyhow, thanks for the read. Appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

NO fucking cuckold here, he has to be ALIVE to be a cuckold! 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not For Me

Well written story, I suppose, but not really anything I care for. I agree with others who have said that this story would be a better fit in the fantasy section.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Definitely a 5* story. BUT...

Yeah, that 'cuckold' tagline is misleading as fuck.

'Would be way more accurate if author tagged it as 'cheating', given the fact that even Heather reacted as if she was cheating on Steve.

'Cuckold' tag is just completely dishonest.

Other than that, though... great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Total agreement

Last poster is right. Definately not cuckoldry. Hubby hasn't checked out of his marriage. He has checked out in a much sense.

Loved the transition to an unexpected ending.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
thing is

True hubby is dead, but her choice of first time bed partner is terrible. She was and is well aware of her late husband's disgust with Damon...not much respect to invite guy husband abhored as first post-hubby lover.

Nice twist, but you ruined the wife's character that you were trying to save.

Finally why would Dickhead insult widow's late husband'ssexual prowess. That seems highly iimplausible even for the worst predator!

tigger119tigger119over 6 years ago
@ Anonny 03/14/16..... Attempt to chastise FAIL.

Brave enough to comment but a coward anyway... If you want to chastise and put me down better get your facts right and your spelling too. I don't know if there's a member Tiiger119 as per your header, but I'm no coward to attack someone anonymously. I only respect those who will do so with a name. Most anonny's on here deserve none. I've read just about all of this authors stories and while I don't always agree with his content, it's presented in a well crafted, intelligent and thought provoking manner denoting high intelligence and a well ordered mind. Your response to my comment demonstrated your lack of comprehension, intolerance and contempt for those who disagree with you. Your lack of understanding and compassion denote a stunted, immature and twisted emotional make up. Sounds like your the one with "twisted panties". Cross dress much?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Copy much?

Really embarrassing. After almost a year, this is all you got?

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
WHEN YOU GO WHERE YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE

why should any actions be a surprise, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One star for more BS

This author is so incompetent as a writer that it is a pain to read such a garbage.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Really one of my favorite stories.

Don't take the negative comments to heart. When a reader does not understand that the narrator is dead and says to divorce the wife for cheating, they really are too stupid to worry over. (I wish I could make a smiley face here...)

Good story. It was both creative and original. I liked it.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 5 years ago
Well......

We've seen this theme in books and movies.

Ghosts.

Yes, I can truely understand people having fun

with themes like that.

Be it ghosts, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings..........

Hell, I took my daughters to see the first films

of Harry Potter and enjoyed it almost as much as they did.

But "Loving Wives" (at least part of it) is a catagorie

of grown up themes, not fantasies.

So this story shouldn't be in LW.

That being said, this was a very well written story.

For that, it get 4 out of 5 from me.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Not bad

Not a.bad little story at all. I really like it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Ghost and? Caught me

Huh

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Brilliant story

The dim bulbs here can't appreciate anything clever and subtle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Some men are so fucking pathetic with their desperate need for validation when it comes to sex. To ask that of a widow about her husband... the sad thing is I totally can see it happening.

AbctoyAbctoyover 3 years ago
Good read

Moving ending. Well thought out.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 3 years ago

Great story, well written with a very creative ending. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

How pithy and erudite

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Interesting, but given your proclivity for ninja and super hero allusions in all your stories, why not make the guy an avenging angel that can fell these shitasses with lightning!

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

"The sound of a choir of angels could be heard in the distance." LMAO. Can you do this with any bigger cliché?

And yes, I am also almost certain that this idea has been used before, I don't remember exactly what story but you don't have original idea here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This would be a good story if it wasn't almost a blatant ripoff of the sixth sense

Davidj001Davidj001almost 3 years ago
Good story

I liked it, meant to give it 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A well written but absolutely stupid waste of time both in the writing and reading this driveling nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clever, well executed and thought provoking. Rather beautiful in its own way.

LA

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

Nice feel good story. Had me hooked wanting more. The twist at the end was well done. Thanks John

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

A good story with an ending that I was not expecting.

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Damn, according to that TV program there's a cute gal with a yellow sticky none with your name on it that comes up and shows you your body and points you to a cloudy gate and sends you on your way, how come he missed that part? I'd hate to find out I was a gonner by seeing my wife interviewing replacements! Other than that little flaw, it's a 4 ......

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Sort of a nice story but he realized he was a little late for making more time for his wife. 4 stars

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

A Great, though Sad story. I did not see the plot twist coming. To bad hubby did not realize his ignoring his wife, until it was too late. Very enjoyable read.

-

Pasqual

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

After re-reading this gem, I just noticed that two of the tags for this tale is 'cheating' and 'cuckold'. I object to that. There is no indication that Heather ever cheated on Steve. Her having or attempting to have a sexual interlude *after* Steve's death, does NOT constitute cheating or her cuckolding Steve. Also, I think 'neglect' seems somewhat out of place, as well. Why? For me, Steve's "neglect" comes from the fact that he has been dead for awhile. He, seemingly, appears not to have realized it until now. Anyway, that is how I see it. I am sure there are those who could see it differently. Despite those two small flaws, I started with, this is still an excellent, sad read.

-

Pasqual

Helen1899Helen1899almost 2 years ago

Sad, had me lost for awhile. But worth 5*

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 2 years ago

I started to give it 4 stars and then after just thinking of the last couple of paragraphs a little voice in the back of my mind said it rated 5.

I agree with Pasqual_Clemente, this is miss labeled. There can't be cheating or cuckoldom of a dead man. I can only figure they were thrown in to generate more interest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Strange afterlife

So... You die. You don't know you're dead. And still have to go to work... every effing day. What fresh hell is that lol. AND...You can't escape the cycle till you read it in the news. IMA start reading the obits... Every effing day! Hahaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story should have been submitted in fantasy. Nice interesting "super natural?" tale that makes a point. Time spent with family apparently was low on his priority list so no tears for him on that, only for his family.Simply life. Good story though and written well. ...3 stars... too short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well woven story.

A stellar example of what happens to love and family when" the job" always dominants the focus to All else.

A truly tragic story.....He "woke up"...way to late.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

different, good/sad twist

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ftds.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Femdom agitprop morality tale. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What utter rubbish

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good object lesson for all of us. You can work your life away for your wife and family, to meet all their demands for everything in the world that they want. They're still going to want more in demand more. Women by nature are very self absorbed, mostly tied up in themselves and their emotions and their feelings and what they want. You can give and give your whole life, and find out it's not what they want, or that they just want more.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Could have been a good story, but the supernatural stuff is just stupid. Put it in sci-fi or fantasy or something where it belongs.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wait. Why is this not rated higher? People are pissed about the supernatural twist. So what you hated the Sixth Sense? Great story. Amazing twist.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hilarious how some of the commenters just missed the whole twist that her hsuabnd Steve had passed away and she was trying to move on but when Damon disrespected her late husband, she kicked him out. No cheating wife her people. Just a truly loving wife having a hard to adapting to a world where her precious Steve is gone..and yet the more ignorant readers keep searching for faults with her life. Some sort of conspiracy. What next, was the wife involved in killing JFK? Grow up. Read the story. Understand the twist before you pander your hateful crao where everyone is cheating on the forum.

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

Too bad he’s gone. He left behind a great wife.

MarkT63MarkT636 months ago

I see dead people Mr. Willis!!!!

Helen1899Helen18996 months ago

Author with great story lines 5* Why did he write so few stories. More wives like Heather please

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian6 months ago

As usual, some less cerebral/more damaged commenters read the story to the point they detected what they perceived as cheating. Then, with their four fully functioning brain cells causing an autonomic response, they went right to the comments and dumped their standard copypasta screed.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous