All Comments on 'Erasing Julie Ch. 03'

by Katmai

Sort by:
  • 250 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Why is anyone suprised

After the complete derailing of part 3 of the Nice Guy story why does anyone expect anything different. 2 stories building up something and a third to tear it down. I really enjoyed the first two parts of both stories but the third in each did not seem to match. Curious.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
hmmmm

Not sure this chapter worked for me.While U agree chuck needed to move on this wad disappointing.Julie's ghost was an interesting twist but in the end nothing.really csme of it.To forgive Julie ,she would need to ask for it,instead she is still the same self centered person she was,she never explains,never admits she is wrong,instead shr puts the onus on him,basically tries to scare him into forgiving her.Worse,she now inhabits the grand daughter,what will Chuck do with.that poor little girl ,prob will hate her,too.I understand the idea of going through lives to learn lessons,it seems like Julie and Chuck have been there in past lives...but the

grand daughter? The karmic debt seems to be on her not julie.

Yeah the plot is over the top but so what,it is a story:)

I guess the idea is about the cost of not reconciling and letting go(teconciliation as in forgiving,not in getting back together) but as written it just leaves a void to.me. MYbe Katmai is laying ground for a story around chuck and the granddaughter..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very Good

Well Halloween is upon us and this one just might fit well in the Halloween category. Excellent story. I do hope to see more of your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Weird ending

Oh well, its your story. so I guess you can end it the way you want it to end.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 11 years ago
Release but no closure, as previously mentionned...

specially not with that interesting twist at the end. Will this latest "version" grow and force Gus to finally forgive her? I admit I'm intrigued here...Well Done, K.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Disappointing

I've got to agree that the first two chapters were much better than this one. It was not believeable that the female therapist became romantically involved with her patient. That would never happen. The ghost was mort believeable than that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I am stunned

everything was great the finish was weird....her eyes ....the ghost comments...it was unsettling...but if that was the authors intent, it hit the mark... B R A V O 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Liked it!

Unlike some others, I enjoyed your story. I thought the third chapter was interesting, but would have liked it if Julie and Gus had truly reached closure with each other. I agree with your premise that there is no hell. However, I also believe that karma is ultimately about balance. At some point in time Julie will need to experience Gus’ pain and emotions (love, hate, etc.) and Gus will need to experience Julie’s. Each will in turn need to accept and yes, forgive each other before they will be able to move on either in this world or on the next plane of existence. Otherwise, like Julie mentioned they will be forever tied to each other, unable to move forward.

It would be nice to see how they eventually come to be at peace with each other. Although, I don't see how with her now being his grand daughter.

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
Really

Liked the Story and the way things came together. Esp. the Ghost of wives past. now if husbands past could haunt wives that would be Karmic Justice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Coming out from a cantonese ghost story

Karma Justice is for the victim, the husband.Hell is for the evil doer but you twisted the concept of Karma-do more research on this eastern belief.I am Chinese Buddhist(Mahayana) and I get confused by your logic.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
A DUMP TRUCK???

GMAFB! Why not have her die from 'Blue Ice from Above'? Oh, yeah, too fast! Actually, DBDT (death by dump truck) rarely gives enough time to get to the bedside from Houston, either! How about a small, undetected hand grenade one of the cartel rapists 'fisted' into her uterus? At least the author would NOT have to invent a crappy distracted dump truck driver! It may not be obvious, but I HATE killing off an awkward player...it is where the tension (meat of the story) resides!

Well, until you fucking bring her BACK in as Hubby's Guardian Ghost! Big Problem: X-Sweetie (not Ex-Sweetie) said she couldn't lie any more, but HGG claimed she loved him, and that was not true while she was alive and would not become true just because she died. Her return to Anchorage and attempts to reunite were practical, not due to her love for Gus!

I marked a four for the Ch. because it was well-written - overall, however, I would give the series a 3* at best! Mainly because it IS original! Weird, but original!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
First 2 chapters were great...

but the end was fragmented and disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Erasing Katami

Try going back to pre school and learning how to write. From the jump it was crap. No imagination, no excitement, no buildup, just plain boring. This is what you made people wait for, for months. You must have a totally boring social life. Try going back to school and starting all over. Also, try getting out in the real world and meeting people and seeing what real life is all about outside you 2x4 cell. There is a big world out there for you to learn from. Get a life man.

MarvinSMarvinSover 11 years ago
Ghost thing

I didn't care much for the ghost thing, but at least you wrote something new (I think)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
True To Form

I give you a lot of credit - you write catchy, intriguing, emotionally moving stories that suggest conslusions that aren't even close - but you end them with qualification and in redeeming fashion - as stories go...so - Thanks - Again!

I read some of the comments from others and disagree with the consensus that you dealved into the occult. I believe his sub-conscious mind did the Julie confrontation and the only time I challenged my opinion was when she told him Shelly had one child and age...that stayed with me until I remembered that he somewhat new Shelly and very well may have already known she had one child.

You thankfully left out the horror, the stress, the anguish and a description of a man with a torn heart that damn near drives him to suicide. The facts were there but you didn't labor us with them. Twenty five years of what you vaguely eluded to as a man who was totally, romantically and emotionally tied to his life mate so...his sub-conscious mind worked him over - specifically, he wanted to forgive her because he knew he would always care - But, his conscious mind wanted to destroy her for the betrayal. Her image was his conscious!

I know, it happened to me years ago, I still love her, hate her and wish we still had what I thought we had. Friends kept me company for many months and knew that I was at risk so...

Thanks again for good story, sorry for your personal problems and the delay on chapter 3 but you made it worth the wait!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
what happened

you had one kind of story going on and changed it to stephen king ending. i was waiting for it but then it was a little flat. the wife dying was ok and the lover in prison was good too but a ghost and the baby becoming the dead cheating wife? continunity of story line out the window. but it was a great read for 1 & 2 but only ok for 3. i rated the first ones a 5 but i dont think i will rate this one, i was too disappointed in the story ending and i dont want to trash the rating.

Richie4110Richie4110over 11 years ago
Bail out on the ending

This chapter is definitely poorly thought out and needlessly paranormal. My advice is to trash this ending and rewrite it with and ending that resolves the issues you've created. What happened with her lover to make her want to come backand try to make amends? Whose child was she pregnant with? What was her motivation/expectation for getting back with Gus?

I suspect you will get other suggestions from readers and those with more writing experience. If this is you're best shot at crafting and ending, then you have work to do learning to write.

Thanks for your effort.

Mousse9Mousse9over 11 years ago
Where are the ghostbusters when you need em?

Hahaha, personally I thought this was hilarious. I'm quite sure it's not MEANT to be funny, but this story was so wacky and made so little sense, you might as well be watching the Twilight Zone.

Slamdawgg and Karan made some good points about Julie getting away with it. She did not suffer the consequences of her own actions. She did not have to live with being divorced, having her exhusband hate her guts, her children being disgusted with her actions.

Katmai got the entire karma thing wrong as well, as oscar73 said. I'm no expert on this karma thing, but even I know that it's about afterlife justice. Do good, and you will be rewarded (IE, you will reincarnate as a higher being, a better station in your next life, etc). Do evil, and you will be punished, mainly being reincarnated as a lesser being. Rats and cockroaches and the like.

Nothing that says that the evildoer would be bound to the victim, because that would be punishing the victim, as is the case here. If the evildoer managed to get the forgiveness of the victim while alive, it would be a different case, but postmortem demand of forgiveness? Making the victim die prematurely because the dead evildoer is "draining his life energy"? Katmai made that up, or borrowed it from other things. This sure ain't karma.

When Julie's ghost first appeared and started talking, I originally thought it would kinda go like this:

"Gus, I'm gone. Dead and buried. The person you hate no longer exists. Let your hate go, don't wallow in the past. Move on."

Instead, we get this:

"Gus, you MUST forgive me, or I will haunt you until your death, which will be hastened, by the way, because I'm sucking out your lifeforce. So hurry up and forgive me, or it'll only get worse for you."

This particular part is chilling, if you think about it:

"If you don't forgive me before you die, we have to do it all over again, Gus. We keep doing it over and over again until we get it right. It's one of the Rules here."

So....Julie was DESTINED to cheat on Gus? Over and over and over? Julie did not mention anything about trying to make up to him, or get him to forgive her while she was still alive. No, she will die without making amends, and Gus will have to forgive her without Julie having earned that forgiveness. The only reason to, is so he can break that cycle.

This makes it sound like HE is the karmic evildoer, instead of the victim.

And ofcourse, the final cruel mindtwist, she reincarnates as his granddaughter. Talk about a karmic kick in the balls.

So a lot of commenters on the first chapter got it right. Julie did manage to manipulate Gus enough to make him forgive her ("forgive me, or suffer an early death, and we will do this all over again"), and they DID get back together,however unorthodox ("I'm your granddaughter, you can't run away from me now!"), no matter how much he did NOT want it. RAAC by way of horror.

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
What HDK said,

but not as harsh. I get the impression that the author took a lot of the comments to heart, and maybe tried to change directions and mix it up a little.

I couldn't see a credible way to create a reconciliation, and the revenge/erasing had been accomplished by the end of chapter 2. Any continuation along those lines would have been in the nature of an epilogue.

I actually thought the ghost element was kind of cool-very fitting that it appears on Halloween. I also thought some of the messages were good about happiness, living in hate, and the nature of forgiveness, etc.

But, the ending really isn't one at all. It was kind of like one of those ironic endings from an episode of the Twilight Zone or something....just a little twist to keep you wondering. But, it didn't serve the story in this case.

Had to mark this one a little lower than Ch. 02, which was lower than the excellent Ch. 01. Still, thanks for the effort, and for trying out something new in the LW genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very good story....

The ending was a little weak (the ghost part) but since its halloween that's okay. Keep writing please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
well done!

i enjoyed the story immensely. thanks for your work

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
Dumb, just dumb.

And to think I waited anxiously to read this drivel.

Well, it ain't the end of the world, you can do better next time.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
It just seemed to disolve.

The story got strange and then came apart at the seams. It didn't end. It didn't continue. It didn't matter any more. It became the ravings of a diseased mind, and not especially interesting ravings. To me, it simply lost the basic requirements for a story.. like a plot. The writer lost his way.

WanderingaimlesslyWanderingaimlesslyover 11 years ago
Errrrr OK

The first chapter was good the second started the ground work for the forgiveness plot. Leaving aside the external spiritual visits and the possible ectoplasm VD he might get from the ghostly cum gurgling gutter slut. With 20/20 hind-sight I say there were and are better ways for him to find release. Because its all hollows eve you could have used Voodoo, Houston is right next to Louisiana or in Alaska, a shaman, anything but having to deal with the back stabber only on her terms. You left him only one option to find peace and then you allowed her to still have power. Anyways there is my rank. Good writing, whacked story 4

nwhalernwhalerover 11 years ago
Poor Katmai - torn between his desire and popularity!

As someone else mentioned this was a poor attempt to satisfy both the burn the bitch and RAAC crowds.

Sadly it ended up pissing every logical person off with a Chucky tale of dead vindictive wife reincarnating in his granddaughter!

Katmai should have stuck to his comfort zone, which going by multiple stories, seems to be RAAC beyond the realms of ordinary - at least that way someone would have thought it probable and been happy with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Story

Very nice twists. Thanks.

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

Contrary to what some others have said, I loved the ending. A bit off beat and at first I thought that killing off Julie was a bit over the top, but the voice from his new grand daughter was very appropriate to Halloween. After all, Julie did warn him about not forgiving her and the Karmic ties. I gave you five stars for an entertaining read.

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
1 Star

That's what you do to your readers? After investing time in reading this tale you leave us with a Possessed Baby? Total crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Definite home run

I can see that the women hating wife beaters don't like it but I thought it was great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
the woman always wants to talk after they fuck up

They always claim love and caring for the husband but they are so full of shit.

All cheating wives deserve the fate she received.

as far as the ghost part that ruined any hope this story had.

mitchfrenmitchfrenover 11 years ago
I was tempted to deduct something for the unbelieveability but -

Good writing is good writing and a story well-told is exactly that.

AeroielAeroielover 11 years ago
Wooooooeeeeee !

You committed one of the worst betrayals of all time.......taking a 2 part good LW story and turn it into a gost story. The LW mafia will never forgive you.

Well, the subtitle of the story did give us a hint......helluva Haloween surprise......helluva surprise.

killerwhale681killerwhale681over 11 years ago
Disconcerting ending

Well, apparently the bitch does win after all....not cool

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 11 years ago
Well, you picked the perfect day for your conclusion's posting....

At least you didn't have Gus taking Julie back, and he handed the new one back and got the hell out of town.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Fucking ghosts? FFS!!! What a fucked up story! Pity we can't have minus scores. You were worried about us waiting for this shit for so long? Why the fuck did you submit it?

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Total left turn

This story took a total left turn at the end. She came back delusional thinking that Gus would want to be married to her after she is pregnant with someone elses child. Her dying made sense because of the pregnancy and divorce she would be distracted and not driving as defensively as she could. The karmic cord and debt is a slap in the face to Gus and his family if they are praticing some other religion than bhuddiasm. I disagree with the ghost saying that his forgiveness would help both of them move on. One of the comments said that even in death Julie was trying to control and manipulate Gus to her advantage. In Karma she has done wrong and must balance her debt to Gus and the universe. His forgiving her is good for Julie but dosen't do much good for Gus. What is Julie supposed to do to cancel the negative debt to Gus if the karmic model is followed then without forgiveness Julie is coming back as a animal or cockroach because of all the pain she caused. Forgiveness lets her bypass that stage and get back to being a person(Granddaughter is a stretch). Strange take on the story and didn't fit with the end but the date. Personally the reality of the situation would have been that she had a half mexican baby and was alone while Gus and Shelly hooked up and had a content life while Julie made something of herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You tried to hit a home run

but you hit a long foul ball... with this chapter...

I do know of ADC... after death communication... this story needs a better ending... consider a re write

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
A request.

This is what we waited for over a month? Highly disappointing. A request to Katmai and all authors. Please complete your story first before posting it. I understand it takes time with personal life and all in the way which is why the story should be completed first before posting it because you never know when you shall get the time to write the next part. Stangstar06 does it well writes a long story but writes it in one part, that way for those who want to read it in parts can read it slowly but those who want to read it at once can do so as well. This suspense and wait for a long time is not nice.

Now about the story, I understand it takes a lot of hard work in writing one so speaking negative about it is not the right thing to do but this one was all messed up. The ghost angle was not required and it make it way too easy. Julie got away too easiliy in the end because no matter what one says death is not suffering. Had she lived then she would have suffered seeing the husband with another woman, his hatred for her in his eyes etc etc but out here she wins all the way. This essentially goes against the husband. He cant get to see her suffer, plus he suffers because she comes back as a ghost and refuses to leave him. In the end she is born as his grandchild and speaks to him so he suffers more? I am not sure if others agree but everything went right for Julie and everything went against Gus. This is like a Matt Moreau story though the man is not a wimp at all like characters in MM's stories but the poor guy tries to be a man but the author has a cruel twist and continues torturing him. This promised so much and delivered so little in the end. Sad. very sad. 1 star rating to compensate the 5 stars i gave in the first two parts, just screwed up too badly in the end and too thing for this I and many others waited for days..... As i said just sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Worst garbage of all 3, author needs to take lessons.

This guy needs to Learn edicate. No social skills, nor public manners. Forget about writing manners. His story sucks. Go back to 8th grade and start all over. Story line is used, people are boring, and idea is stale. And to top it ff, you make people wait too. Long for your garbage... Take it and wipe with it......

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Divvy Up the Plot & Fetus by Feckless Dump Truck Driver ?

Katmai tried to split the baby in dispute ala Solomon. The BTB mafia got Julia's broken body on a platter & the RAACers got her soul. Frankly, the whole story went in the ditch when the gang raping Mexican drug cartel was ushered in.

I'm sure the author struggled to do as well as he did. The death by Dump Truck was almost as unnatural as Julie's impregnation The main item of import was the concept of ' erasure'. Fans of this story wanted to see how Gus & Julie would have coped long term with the abrupt TOTAL removal of a long-term spouse from each other's life.

Perhaps another author can better extend the concept as it was apparantlly beyond what Katmai was willing or able to do. I'm not crazy about Julie either as a character with deph ( Gus had his warts as well ) or as a suddenly enlightened, new-age, platitude spouting phantom.

Apparently Julie got a crash course in ethics imbued with the tread marks on her body. Katmai is due a healthy measure of credit for being a provocateur of novel ideas in the oft-staid Loving Wives forum.

I see a innovative author who has room for improvement but also an awareness of his shortcomings & past mistakes. He has core values that differ from the bulk of his audience. Trying to to appease the latter while remaining true to the former is a daunting task. I thank Katmai for his efforts & wish him well on this quest.

OverstarOverstarover 11 years ago
Unexpected

I'm not sure what to make of this ending. It seemed to veer off on a wild tangent. At least it wasn't entirely formulaic and predictable.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
How did you do it?

Have it published on Halloween, that Is? I find it amusing that the revenge fetishists are turned off by a ghost! All the stories they like fit it one-size only boxes....

Lots of good ideas about the nature of the Human Condition in this story and yes guys try to release your ghosts it will make your lives more fun to live...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
for chrissake...

a bloody ghost story???

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
parts of this story were very good but overal plot is at best a 2

there was no reason to dive into troubled waters

Reader67Reader67over 11 years ago
Not sure!

Ok so I'm coming to this story quite late,first & foremost it was well written but...I felt that it was overly long,the reader didn't really need to know what Julie was doing every day for the 5 weeks she was away,it was basically the same thing in different locations. The Drug cartel story seemed rushed & out of place with the rest of the story & the ghost just didn't do it for me.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
WHY???

I need to know. Why did you do this to us? We've been waiting a long time for the finale and you give us a dead slut's ghost. Two things good about the ending. One it is unique. Two the idea of releasing your feelings to move on. That's an excellent theory which I might try myself, but it didn't belong in this tale. Us the readers were cheated out of the retribution she should have gotten. Death was too simple, too easy and her ghost appearing was preposterous. You're an excellent writer, but you screwed this tale out of the hall of fame by the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow....What a letdown

I waited for THIS??

Next time you decide to write a multi part story, make sure it's complete. THEN, have someone else read it and give you feedback.

This started out good, but quickly went into a nose dive, right into the dirt.

SORRY....Suck City dude....

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It was just a ghost of what it could have been

Put it in the "Non-Human" category. I don't read those stories.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
I gave it a four

I think Gus was doing the right thing, but Katmai just had to fuck it up witth the ghost crap, Julie died a whore death, just let it be.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
EVEN FOR THE VICTIMS

payback is still a bitch. TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous