All Comments on 'Erasing Julie Ch. 03'

by Katmai

Sort by:
  • 249 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

The story would be better without the Mexican rapists.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Loved the ending.

bacchant2bacchant223 days ago

Great story but if you think about it the wife's quick death made the whole story pointless.

NoBullAlNoBullAl3 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story until the last few paragraphs when you went off the deep end and it became one of those stories that should be relegated to the file for wasted hours of reading!! Didn’t even mind too much with your throwing in a ghost but it really went off the rails when a spooky baby was brought out!! Thought this was a the LW category not horror!!!

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld3 months ago

That ending didn't suck, it just brought home that 'forgivness is divine'.

Your story touched something deep and dark in me. Something that ate any light near it. Something I think I will be seeing before I am ready to. It's not the lies that eat you after the divorce is years behind you, it's the hate. Unless you release that hate, your hate for someone else will become self-loathing and self-hatred. It is unnatural to loathe and hate yourself. You keep that person close, some small part of them that remained with you. You have to forgive whatever they did to you, whether its real or imagined. Get rid of them totally, or be willing to have them take up residence in our mind and dreams. This revelation was far easier to realize and put down that to do. I hate my first wife, she took my sons and poisoned them against me. I'm so fucking glad she's dead, turned into paste in an accident.

I wanted to drive a road compacter, a steam roller over her body, turn her into the paste they buried. My sons died hating me, thanks to her. They both we Army Rangers, they both died in different parts of the Sandbox. They hated me because she told them that I put in for postings they could not go to. For 6 years and for 4 years they had her hate, when I lost my leg they never reached out or contacted me. When I was discharged I waited half a day for SOMEONE to pick me up. That never happened. I left the VA hospital in my own wheelchair and under my own steam.

Everything I sent them was returned, they backed over whatever I sent them. Now my family is dead, even though I remarried there were no children. One son died in Iraq, the other in Afghanistan. I hate that bitch, and I see her, smirking at me. With my hate for her I give her power in my life and over me. However, I cannot forgive her.

ker63469ker634693 months ago

Great story until the end. Gus really needed to forgive his wife and move on with Shelly

shopratshoprat4 months ago

Great story until the end. The ghost part would have been OK if she and Gus had gotten closure with his public release and she had moved on. Having her show up again at his son's baby's birth put what was until then a good story right over into Bride of Chucky territory. This piece should be in horror, not LW Great job on the first 2 chapters, but I really think you should rewrite the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I admit I have dug myself into some deep holes while writing a story. I only hope to stay out of the wormhole you dove into and only got out of by invocation of ghost to resolve a bad marriage

Alvares1414Alvares141410 months ago

Okay...I didn't understand some parts of this trilogy. Especially regarding Julie

It was very clear, over and over in the first two parts, that she didn't actually love Gus. She was "fond of" him and their life was comfortable. But she didn't love him or even find him sexually attractive

With that being said, what was with the melodramatic bullshit in this last part? All the crocodile tears and declarations of love? Was she still deluding herself somehow, or simply trying to both prevent herself from looking worse than she already did and somehow salvage her comfortable lifestyle?

I wasn't a fan of Julie's "ghost" popping up over and over either, though I'd rather imagine that was Gus' guilt for not showing up at her deathbed than a literal manifestation of Julie's spirit. She certainly had no right to be haunting him, if the latter was true, given her hideous behaviour

What did redeem the story for me (though I can't say I didn't yell "HA!" when Julie died and Gus didn't show up) was Gus finally making peace with himself. He was probably haunted by the notion that to be a good person means to forgive, even if it's undeserved. That's NOT always the fucking case, and Julie was an example. He stood up, told the world what a horrible person Julie was, that he'd never forgive her, but he was done wasting his own time drowning in her memories

That brought this story up from a mediocre 3 to a 4 for me. The trilogy did have flaws regardless, not least of which was my bugbear of Julie's 180 switch in personality, but the ending was satisfying enough....The lack of that final star came in part from that last paragraph, too. NOT THAT SHIT AGAIN!

Busman19639Busman1963910 months ago

When it got to the supernatural and ghosts I lost a lot of interest. Up to then it was a good story.

Perhaps a rewrite for the ending?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Got too weird for me in this last chapter.

Spoiled a good story.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider195511 months ago

Unlike some others, I was enjoying the story. Even the ghost thing. The abrupt ending spoiled the story. Endings like that make me feel I wasted my time reading the story. I rated the first two installments highly. The last not so much.

bobareenobobareenoabout 1 year ago

The whole ghost thing didn’t work for me. Others seem to enjoy it, but it added nothing and derailed the story for at least this reader.

bobareenobobareenoabout 1 year ago

The whole ghost thing didn’t work for me. Others seem to enjoy it, but it added nothing and derailed the story for at least this reader.

MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

5/5

Lovely story.

Great end.

Wonder why this author stopped writing.

netinguwannetinguwanover 1 year ago

A fantastic story, the end included. Gus and Julie needed those last encounters, Gus especially. His hatred of Julie would have manifested itself in poor health mentally and physically eventually.

za_robionyza_robionyover 1 year ago

Thanks for the Ghost End 👍

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I probably have a minority opinion here but I thought turning the LW story into a ghost story was very inventive and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fact or fantasy it doesn't really matter does it? Chalk one up for the BTB crowd. 5/5 for me.

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Well this author certainly knows how to torpedo his own story. Silliness.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

I loved the story. The ending was a bit... weird, but unlike most LW storied, the protagonist won 100% - he didn't lose money in divorce, he didn't lose kids or their affection because "mommy needs you", and he got a new better woman in trade. No idea why people didn't like this part.

As far as the ghost - if you don't like it, just accept the therapist's recommendation. Consider it a trick his mind is playing on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great story destroyed by an author's overreach. A 1

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Shame, just like Monty this author seems to always go one bridge (story) too far.

Liked the first two but the last one was garbage

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The first two parts were great. Part three started well but then this ghost nonsense appeared and killed the story dead. He was divorcing his wife for her infidelities. She got killed. It should have ended there, or even gone into a little bit of what happened to everyone - her lover enjoying being used as a cum dump in gaol, the children seeing what infidelity causes and being good spouses, Gus moving on and having a productive happy life. Julie should be dead and stay that way. End of her. Enough of her.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

Kids should have erased Gus from their lives when he refused to see Julie on her deathbed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dun dun dunnnnn

Dlh143Dlh143almost 2 years ago

1 star because of the bullshit forgiveness blackmail. There's no forgiveness for a cheater ever. It ruined the entire story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

More Edgar Allan Poe than Loving Wives that must really confuse the hell out of the BTB brigade. Wife is a selfish, manipulative bitch who is well and truly burnt and then the even viler, vindictive husband is haunted by her ghost. I feel sorry for the kids and the poor deluded woman who married the prick. But I like the way this author thinks.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The ending of this story is an example of Forgiveness Shaming and Blaming. When individuals, families or groups send the message that forgiveness is the end goal and something someone should or must do, it can often be detrimental and further emotionally damaging to people in pain. Forcing forgiveness on someone who's been serious hurt and damaged by someone else can make them feel like they're being victimized all over again.

You have a right to feel your feelings. All of them. You have a right to not forgive someone or something that’s hurt you. Whatever you feel about that right now is okay. Your healing process is your own and you don’t have to be anywhere other than where you are. You are not responsible for making anyone else feel comfortable by feeling something other than what you feel. You get to have your experience.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too bad; for the BTB crowd (which really should be everyone in this story; Julie was an awful person) the first two chapters are just abt perfect. But this entire last chapter (well, except for pissing on Julie's grave) is an epic fail. 1*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"He was never supposed to see those!" - So, of COURSE she didn't delete them.

\

I don't mind him not giving a fuck about Julie dying, but his kids are losing their mother, he should be there for them.

\

I was all set to praise the non-RAAC killing her off, then this lost me with the supernatural ending. The haunting should at least have ended at the wedding when he "released."

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

This was a well written story, but, the storyline in the last chapter where he was held in a blackmail hell from a ghost who basically said, forgive me and move on or I will haunt you into an early grave and then basically be your groundhog day for eternity, this really ruined the story as it punished him for something this wife did to him and his marriage. The the overtop scene was where he was holding his first granddaughter whose middle name was his cheating slut dead wife first name and then the "Hello Gus", this scene turned the story into some kind of crazy Voodoo crap that I wonder, "What the fuck was the author trying to say" that because he chose to move on by releasing all the hate he was now going to be haunted through eternity through the granddaughter until he forgave her what she did. This twist in the storyline was so convoluted and left totally unresolved and ruined the story for me. It should have just ended by BTB and him riding off into sunset with Shelly. 5 stars for the writing by -5 for where the storyline ended up. The ending was truly a disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

loved every page, great ending, sorry this is anonymous P.G.uk

RazorFishRazorFishalmost 3 years ago

Agree with other commenters. It was a great start, but the drug cartel seemed oddly out of place, and the ghost and karma angle drove the story into a ditch.

boneham21boneham21almost 3 years ago

2 1/2 good chapters before you fucked it up! 2*

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

Thanks Powersworder.

StormAWStormAWalmost 3 years ago

Oh, fuck this. You took a decent story that could have ended realistically and you completely boned it. You made the protagonist a disgusting, spiteful piece of shit, you inserted a supernatural element that was unwarranted and didn't make any sense, and you ended this pile of crap with a massive whimper.

I've never been so angry at an author. What an embarrassment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"Shelly was well aware of how rare a man of Gus's caliber was." Or NOT! In addition to the Karmic garbage and such, a hateful vindictive person, who rejoiced in another human being's death and desecrated their grave, is one detestable subhuman being! A person like that could never claim a high moral ground under any religious or social pretext, except, maybe, in a parallel universe of other horrible human beings like himself!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 3 years ago

Good story, but it all went south in Mexico. That broke the story and it never recovered. Still gave you the five it deserved. Hope you write another story someday. Randi.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

Well, chapter three was just utter shit. The whole guilting Gus to forgive and release his filthy slut wife is pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story...

... until the last few paragraphs. So, is he going to ruin lives by hating his granddaughter?

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

Katmai

Your story was extremely well written, your characters were well portrayed and had suffiicient depth to make a reader respond to them. That being said I have to voice my concern that you did not allow the husband to retain justification of what almost every other reader would have concluded that his wish to erase Julie from his life completely was totally justiified. Just because she "wised up" on death's door and with her pregancy, was not sufficient effort at least in my view that provided a satisfying resolution to her relationship with her betrayed husband. Now karma apparently operated as far as Gus was concerned, but what about karma surrounding Julie's wilful betrayal of him. I guess for me it came across that Gus would be the poor sap that would have to "do the right thing" karmic wise re forgiveness. You see, as a reader I don't buy that one-sided crap for one God damned minute. Gus was the innocent victim in this entire debacle...yet somehow he must shoulder the blame and responsibility for cleaning up the karmic mess??!! You spent so much of the story content showing your readers just how self-entitled and egocentric she was in getting her own needs satisfied. Now at the end point we are supposed to believe that Julie's shit will follow Gus for the remainder of his life? Sorry, Katmai but after an excellent first two chapters this last one descended into supernatural absurdity, which tended to devalue Gus's very real and justified feelings of bretrayal and disrespect. And apart from being dead, Julie gets the karmic free pass from the grave! Sorry but I can't buy into that woo-woo bs.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

good till it got weighed down by deus ex machina

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A tale of two halves

You had a great story going right up until that Mexico crap and then the accident and ending. Such a shame I really enjoyed the first part. Not sure what you were going for with all that. Went from a five to a two.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago
Thanks for the warning!

I looked ahead to the comments for part 3, just to check if this ended in a nauseating RaaC.

After the warnings given, I stopped reading this chapter at the point where Gus defaced her tombstone and pissed on Julie's grave.

The End.

And that was one of the best BtB stories I've ever read!

The selfish whore dies in agony, having lost everything in her life, not even able to beg forgiveness from the man she so cruelly betrayed. Gus gets 100% of their assets and can now spend the rest of his life a wealthy man... sleeping with beautiful women half his age.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
REMEMBER TO BE TRUTHFUL AND RIGHTEOUS FULLY

because anything less than 100% leaves scars to to invite memories, TK U MLJ LV NV

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 3 years ago

WTF???

You launched yourself right straight into Goober Land with this part of your story.

gp302gp302over 3 years ago
Demon

Forgveness is for the forgiver not the Forgiven. I thought the device of the karmic ghost was sending that message. But the device becomes a vengeful demon by returning with the poor man’s grandchild.

The wife’s behavior is demonic. Instead of leaving her husband, she cheats in the most greavious way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a crock. A deathbed apology is just a load of meaningless shit. She dies lying about her pregnancy to manipulate and guilt her children. Then after death she torments her husband to make her afterlife better. Can this woman not be evil for one second? She has the karma of a demon and will come back as a snail.

management91399management91399over 3 years ago

Kind of fun going through this sequence of stories set in the American Northwest A lot of similar themes throughout, the cheated husband, the hook up with an older woman the kind of fun yet outlandish turn of events in most of these, especially this one here with the reincarnation. A shame the baby she was carrying was only there as her final disrespect to Gus, too difficult to write into this somehow. Was this child also a reincarnation and of who and of course these two idiots fucked that all up.

Anyway just a thought, I know all these are old and no ones looking here, sometimes i comment just to organize my own thoughts about a story. But it does lean towards a different LW sub-genre here. LW Afterlife! Think about it. I actually haven't read one of these afterkife stories that work for me (Even Janes Diary ending witht he afterlife sucked the ,,,,, "life" out of that epic. The onoy one that worked so far was the one where two people dying of COIVD int he same hospital were int he midst of a divorce when they got sick. That was pretty heavy. anyway...if you are around come back! :-)

GrimmerGrimmeralmost 4 years ago

Came back for a reread.

Still as messed up as the first time I read this. Karmic? LMAO!!! Not the way that works. Reincarnated with knbowledge? Like that will allow growth ... not! Too much wishy-washy in this tale too make it a good story.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

The cheating wife wins in the end??

What a silly ending, achieving what exactly??

Nothing good I can think of.

This story was running between either a 3 or 4 out of 5 until the silly ending.

Now it rates 2/5.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
Had a thought on this story. A flaw in the end.

Gus gives the rehearsal dinner speech:

“... you are the only one responsible for your own happiness. You and only you. It's easy to be a victim and give up responsibility for your happiness to someone or something else.... take back the responsibility for your own happiness. Stop being a victim!"

Isn’t this what Julie was doing? She wasn’t happy with the sex with Gus. She tried numerous times to spice things up just a bit, but Gus was adamant on vanilla sex only. So she put up with it for years. But finally she took back responsibility for her own happiness — by finding another sex partner.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Damn fine story!

I love every chapter of this story.

LoejtcLoejtcover 4 years ago
Fortunately this was Katmai's last story!!!!

Unless you enjoy very weak male protagonists e.g. cuckolding, humiliation, etc., I'd suggest you avoid this writer.

As to this story, it was his best by far until it transitioned from an LW to Fantasy in Ch. 3. The Mexican cartel scenario in Ch 2 was over the top but lead to Julie losing her lover, the lover going to jail, her husband of 25 yrs erasing virtually any evidence of their 25 years of marriage and disappearing from her life, her finding out she's pregnant by her now jailed and ruined lover, and finally dying without every seeing her husband or being able to beg for his forgiveness. I only wish it ended there.

But this writer loves to dump on husbands. So he creates a ghost of the dead wife to harass the husband! The writer just had to allow the husband's agony to continue as the ghost continually intrudes on his life badgering him to forgive her if he wants to get rid of her. What????

With that ending my rating went from 4 to 2. Just stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This entire story had some real problems

First and foremost, WAY too much time was devoted to describing what the cheating slut was doing, thinking, experiencing the entire time she was away from home. The reader is not meant to like her, so why was so much time spent giving us even more of a disgust of her? Similarly, way too much time was spent describing sex with that fucking asshole Greg. The only thing I can think is that the author was trying to appeal to closet fans of cuckold writing or people who are titillated by general cheating sex. In and of itself that's fine, just not in this story where the main focus is how destructive her selfish cheating really was. Make up your mind, author, are you condemning the destructive nature of infidelity or glorifying it? Most of that content between Julie and Greg was entirely unnecessary.

The next things wrong with these chapters was the fantastical and paranormal elements. They were so out of sync with the overall atmosphere of the rest of the story that their inclusion was jarring. She gets captured and gang raped by members of a Mexican drug cartel? Really? I get it, you wrote yourself into a corner by making life with Greg SO MUCH more appealing that you couldn't find a way to make her want to return to Gus, but there had to be a better way than this nonsense.

Don't even get me started on the ghost bit. Was it a cute idea? Sure, but, once again, not in this particular story. It's far too dark and gut wrenching for such an airy-fairy twist. And, also, as in previous stories by this author, the really tough parts in which Gus worked through his hurt, anger, and hatred were never described, they were just summed up through the magic of therapy! Cue mystical sound effects. It all boils down to yet another poorly conceptualized attempt to make the two reconcile even though it was basically impossible, so Gus is FORCED to forgive his wife's betrayal to save himself. I guess years of therapy, love from his children, friends, and beautiful therapist, and deep introspection are too realistic a cure.

In the end this whole story is basically a distasteful mess. Making me want to skip large portions of the content due to disliking one of the main characters is poor writing and trying to give it a quick magical fix where everyone winds up happy and loving and forgiving just isn't feasible after how much this woman had selfishly disrespected and hurt everyone in her family. Having her reincarnate as Gus's granddaughter and still being able to talk to him in his mind was just too ridiculous to bear. I'm guessing it was meant to be a funny twist but it just felt repellent. He spent years getting rid of her memory and she comes back to keep disturbing him? Disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
so let me get this right

if he doenst forgive her he dies

he has to forgive her before he dies as only before death can you make amends, and why does he have to apologize to her?

if you dont make amends before you die you are forced to live the same shity life

but she died before making amend

and even though by the rules you set up she should be condemned to another shity life of being a cheating fuck slut, she is instead reborn as her own grand daughter with all the knowledge of her prior life AND psychic powers

3 stars from going from a btb to the Twilight Zone

1 star for violating the rules you laid out not half a page later

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
2 plot points

2 interesting plot that could have been interesting if you would have been true to either or hell both. But it seems like you can't do that so it appears like a train wreck. It almost seemed like you gave up with the story and just mashed the ending on like a punctuation. Would have been nice to see a BtB ending, but have a sequel in the horror or incest vane, hell you could have had it with him losing his mind. But alas you got nothing, no satisfaction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Its obvious what has to happen

he needs to kill the baby

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 5 years ago
Interesting Ending

Julie messed up her life so she gets reincarnated to try again and learn from her mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
good story as far as I am concerned

I really don't get all the negativity related to this story by the readers. Come on folks this is just a story to entertain the reading public. Nothing more nothing less. I enjoyed it just as entertainment. Of course this is just my opinion. It was a decent enough story to keep me interested to the end even with the somewhat weird ending.

(maybe some of the dark force) :>)

moralcompassmoralcompassabout 5 years ago
Please don't confuse fiction with fantasy.

A story consisting of 85% fiction and concluding with 15% fantasy will never work. You ending completely ruined what was otherwise a reasonably good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
There should be a rule...

That LW authors can't write about "religion", which is really metaphysics. Virtually every time the subject is touched on, profound ignorance and bad faith rear their ugly heads. This "wonderful" story wanders off into Hinduism, the creed of the Aryan tibes that invaded the Indian Subcontinent. What a ridiculous plot device - karma, reincarnation...Boo!

greenman440greenman440about 5 years ago
yep agree with everyone else

Just a stupid ending, when did it move from "loving wives to Sci fi?

meganann10meganann10over 5 years ago
Boring

Very boring, a hard read, a terrible ending, not at all entertaining, just a waste of time

argeelogargeelogover 5 years ago
Again

You blew it again with this ending. You have such great talent as a story teller but don't seem to understand how to construct a realistic ending. I am done reading you.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsover 5 years ago
How to ruin a great story.

The fact is that ghosts ain't real!

It was a perfect story...............then out pops the ghost crap. Even the shit on the headstone!

And this "You must forgive to free yourself" I haven't even considered forgiveness, my life is just too full of nonstop REVENGE! I have a great life and a wonderful hobby of pissing off "my loving wife" and knobrot! With luck they have another 20 years of never knowing when the other boot will drop. My family have no idea that I'm such a bastard! Just a soft old man who loves his kids and grandkids.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 5 years ago
Idiotic

Decent story totally ruined by a plot ending that would be considered stupid, unprintable, and unbelievable by Mad magazine or National Lampoon.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
I agree

A good story ruined by the.last chapter, and especially the ending. Julie deserved no one's forgiveness. She died as she lived, completely self centered and in denial. Thought you had a winner here, but you dropped the ball.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
1*

This author is a fucking troll. Only a complete asshole would end a story like this. Fuck you, Katmai

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

you had a good story until the last too bad you ruined it come on ghosts i don't think so

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You fucked up

Damn good story until the last chapter. That ending really fucked up a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bad last chapter!!!

Last chapter really sucked, what were you thinking??

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!!!

You ruined a good story with this last chapter!

icebreadicebreadalmost 6 years ago
This started well.

but ended up in the twilight zone and that was a shame.. Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The ending ....

... spoiled a good story for me. 4* until the ghost arrived on the scene!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Valint

Marriage vows mean forever even if the other person is away, if not, do not get married.

A reasonable story with quite a twist at the end. She really should leave him alone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1*

What the fuck is it with authors like this? Why can't they let the cheated men move the fuck on? The writer's obviously a cunt, like Matt Moreau. 1*

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 6 years ago
Junk

Garbage ending.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Yeah

he should have gone to her death bed if for no other reason than the kids but as soon as the story went Patrick Swayze "Ghost" I checked out. No excuse for her slutting around. Period. Dumb and cheap ending.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
Hard story line

Gus was a simple minded man with 1950's values that expected his wife to just go along with his plan while he totally ignored her needs and desires. Gus was portrayed as a selfish and hateful man that was destroyed when his wife decided that she couldn't take it any more. Sad ending to see a neglected wife destroyed and a simple minded man go insane. Interestingly enough I gave all three chapters 5* ratings for creativity. Yes she should have divorced him but she didn't have alternatives for a life being stuck in the "tundra" without any job prospect and made bad decisions. Too bad you didn't write about her lover being made into a sissy in prison to one bad ass bubba - he deserved the "love".

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago

I'm usually on the BTB bandwagon, but I'm honestly not sure how much I blame Julie here.

He's gone 7 out of 10 weeks. He's not really there for her for all of the other 3 weeks, because of the need to recuperate from the job. He seems to have an incredibly low sex drive, and his desires are so narrow that she couldn't even get him to go as far as trying oral sex.

For all that he says he lives for his family, it sounds an awful lot more like he lives for his job, with his wife being pretty far down the list. This isn't even a "We're really just friends and roommates" situation; he seems even less connected to her than that. He seems so incurious as to how his wife is living her life or what she cares about that, if I had someone like that in my life, I'd be hard-pressed to consider them a friend.

So, yeah, obligatory "She should have just filed for divorce rather than cheating", but I'm more shocked that she waited until the kids left the nest to explore her options than that she cheated (and the fact that husband preached to his daughter about the importance of communication is pretty funny, given that "So, what are you going to do with your life now that you're done raising the kids?" or "Is it more important for you that we have a few million dollars by the time we're 50 or that we enjoy life now?" seem like pretty basic conversations to have had). If there was ever a cheater that could use the "I was just sharing parts of my life that you didn't care about, without you missing out on anything you did" excuse, it's her.

So, yeah, she shouldn't have cheated, but if there's ever a guy who deserved to have a wife leave him for neglect, it's this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Haunting Tale

This is an extremely clever and thought provoking story of man so wedded to hatred and revenge at his wife's infidelity that he eventually goes insane.

Julie may be a selfish, unfaithful wife, but at least she is all too human in her frailties. Gus is a monster. A callous, self-righteous, hypocrite wallowing in his role of innocent victim. Refusing to acknowledge any contribution that his extended times away or refusal to consider any of his wife's sexual suggestions may have had in his wife taking a lover. His attempts to 'erase Julie' from his life are not the actions of a rational mind. Yet no-one - especially his children - seemed to recognise his madness or the vile specimen of humanity that lurked beneath his victim's cloak.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
shame

Sorry a good story ruined with the ghost figment of your imagination

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
Let's Look At Gus

Let's look at all of Gus' faults:

1. He leaves Julie (and the young kids when it started) for 36 weeks out of 52 for 15 years straight for his job. For those saying well he has to work, he could have gotten another job and been around for his wife and family. When the kids leave the house then she is completely left alone.

2. He is boring and doesn't take any steps to make himself more interesting for Julie. Let's look at the sexual side. The poor wife even brings up some variety in their sex life and because of his ego (he doesn't know what to do) he turns her down. So with him for 24 years there is no oral sex and only missionary. You have a woman who had had a great lover in Greg in college who now has to put up with shitty sex for 24 years. And at that every ten weeks she gets that shitty sex 3 times. She says in her email she gets it once a week in the 3 weeks he is home. So in a year she gets shitty sex about 16 times. How many men would put up with that from their wives for 24 years of their marriage and not cheat or leave her?

3. Even when he was home 16 out of the 52 weeks in a year he was boring and he had a boring expectations for their future. From everything they wrote it was about his working and saving as Julie said so that when they got old they could retire around old people (in their early 50's) and basically hanging around waiting to die.

4. Gus was extremely selfish. He never bothered to learn what pleases his wife sexually. He had no experience, well he could have read books. He could have experimented with her and asked her questions. He had 24 years to learn to please her but fucking her missionary 3 days every 10 weeks missionary was plenty for him. He got enough out of it so fuck Julie.

With Greg the 5 weeks she was with him (and she spent 35 weeks with him in 2 years- seven 5 week trips) he spent almost everyday with her doing exciting and fun stuff and fucking her almost every day they were together. Greg cared enough about joy and about women in general that he learned what they enjoyed sexually.

Between Gus and Greg it was a no brainer for Julie to pick being with Greg. EVEN if he was going to fuck other women. And that was really not cheating because she was very aware of it. He made life exciting, he cared enough about pleasing Julie not to fuck and just get off, but fuck her where she really enjoyed it. The author took the easy way out with the drug cartel and not giving Julie a choice.

Gus' appropriate match was a homely woman who couldn't get much of a man and who was a homebody. Julie was an attractive woman which gives her choices in a mate. It's not a choice between a good and faithful man who is boring or a sucessful well educated man who is exciting, fun and knows how to fuck.

And all those guys totally putting Julie down and calling people and can understand Julie's frustration and calling them cucks, fuck you! You are obviously pathetic losers that know nothing about women, are misogynist and expect a woman to give 100% while you only give 30% because that's all you are capable of.

rereadrereadabout 6 years ago
Alternate ending

After releasing Julie, she is still attached to Gus but he can no longer see her. She watches as Shelly teaches Gus about true love and open up his desires through countless incredible encounters. She enjoy him for the next decades and he gets the best revenge, a life lived well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
DetroitCuckCity nailed it

Closet cucks liked the ghost theme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

The ghost was a interesting twist. I enjoyed the entire story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
-5*'s

You ruined it in the last chapter. You just had to add her "ghost" as a character in a the story.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Wow.

Quite a story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Loved it. Different take on the old theme.The ghost of the ex was a brilliant gag.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
For fuck’s sake!

This was the first and last story I’ll ever read by this piece of shit author. You couldn’t give Gus a fucking break, huh, cuntflake? 1 star

tigger119tigger119over 6 years ago
@ Annony 09/10/17..... I agree it's an intriguing concept, however......

If you re-read it, you'll find that it wasn't Gus's daughter with Shelly, his new wife. It was his first GRANDDAUGHTER from his son Josh and Linda's marriage. Julie appears to have re-incarnated into his granddaughter, following the Karmic rules that unless forgiveness was truly given, that they'd have to keep coming back until they got it right...... Just sayin'. I guess the " Moral of The Story " is don't let anger and hate continue to rule you through out your life and learn from your past. If you don't you'll be doomed to keep repeating it until you do learn. Goes hand in hand with the old saying " Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. "

Great writing. 5*****'s

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*at Most.

You just had to screw up the ending with the Ghost of Julie visiting Gus.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please, continue this series

It's starting to get really really good. don't make us suffer, k?

A ghostly ex-wife who may have reincarnated as his daughter from his new wife.

effin' brilliant!

:)

C_frommnC_frommnover 6 years ago
Liked

The Ending. Where Julie say's Hello Gus and the Baby having her eyes and Name.

It's too bad you do not follow up on this as a After he dies. Does he see his Ex and does he have too do it over until he gets it Right.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 6 years ago
Graet Story

5* , The Ghost part was great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Original but missing something

I enjoyed reading it, the ghost was quite an original ideam though I think she should be in hell suffering for her sins and in that karmic shit that seemed to be punishing him for something he didn't do it.

Nice take about letting go the anger and the pain.

However something was missing, though I can't point out exactly what it was. The whole story didn't work for me. Maybe, as someone else pointed out you tried to write too much things insteand of focusing just in one and develop just one idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Remove some excess baggage...

and it would be a great story. Doesn't need the Mexican cartel, doesn't need Julie's ghost.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

another illiterate WHORE posting cuck shit.

zalllzalllabout 7 years ago
Great Story but the ending

I really enjoyed your story but the ending felt out of character to the rest of your story. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous