Erica

Story Info
Erica helps me believe again.
8.7k words
4.73
17.4k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you for stopping by to read my offering to you. Please leave a comment or send me an email - I do make an effort to answer everyone. Enjoy!

*****

Chapter 1

Eric and I sat at a bench in the park eating lunch, such as it was. You know the standard lunch given volunteers consisting of a bad sandwich on white bread, chips, a cookie, an apple and a drink. Not great, but it's what we had come to expect when we volunteered to help a project. In fact, we had helped install so many playgrounds in the last 12 months, folks called us to make sure we would be there. Yeah, we became pretty good at putting together playground equipment.

As we were eating, Eric looked over at the "Ladies of Lunch" and wondered why none of them ever approached me to talk or even flirt.

"They did when I first showed up to help. But when I took a look at their manicured fingernails and clean hands, I realized they were here just to be seen. Any one of them could do so much more, but they don't. I'm not interested in anyone who will not help others."

"How many playgrounds have we worked on." Eric asked.

"I'm not sure. Eight or 10 of them. Something like that."

"And, in all of that time, I have never seen you talk with a woman other than to say hello," Eric observed. "How long have you been single?"

I looked over at Eric quickly evaluating how much I was going to tell him because I knew he wasn't going to leave it alone as he had in the past.

"About five years, now," I responded as I pretended to think about it. The truth was I knew exactly how long I had been single: Four years, 10 months, and 17 days. Close enough to five years, right?

"Don't you think it's about time to start dating again? You are young, good looking and have a great career."

"Well, it took me over two years to get over being told I wasn't wanted by Linda. Then it took another couple of years to figure out what was really important to me."

This is probably a good time to tell you about myself. I'm Tom, 29 years old, 6'0" tall, slim and toned, and tanned. I was a fast-rising engineer who could solve problems pretty well, until I decided I wanted to write more than solve problems in some cube. When I told Linda about my decision, she asked me how I could give up such a great job to write and not have a clue how much I would earn. She went on to tell me I'd make a terrible father for her children. She left me that day. But Eric knew all of this since we lived in the same nice neighborhood in Fullerton.

Eric was about 50, shorter than I am and slim. Light brown hair that was beginning to get a little bit of grey, an almost unlined face and the most amazing grey eyes I have ever seen. And, I don't know how he did it, but his hands were so soft - even after working a long day putting together playground equipment. Eric was not, and had never been married. Neighborhood gossip said he was gay, but I'd never seen anything that would tell me one way or another. The truth was that I just didn't care. Eric and I were kind of an odd couple, but I liked him and we worked well together.

"So, what's important to you," Eric asked softly.

I took a deep breath. Was I going to tell him the truth? As my friend, would he laugh at me? Scoff? Tell me that I was nuts? Or, worse? I looked into his eyes for a moment and decided to tell him the truth.

"I want to find someone who is intelligent, creative, giving, and loyal. It would be nice if they were sensual and easy on the eyes."

"Not a lot of women like that," Eric said.

"Who said anything about women? I've decided I'm agnostic." Softly laughing as I said the word.

"Agnostic?"

"Yep, agnostic. I don't care if it's a male or female. But," and I paused here because this was the big thing that might cause him to laugh at me, "I'd prefer someone who was feminine."

"So, it can be a male or female as long as they are feminine," he asked for clarification.

I just nodded watching for his reaction. A soft smile played at his lips, an then it was gone.

"Interesting."

"Wait, I bare my soul and all you can say is interesting? Really?"

"That's all I have...right now," he said with a smile.

What could I do? I shrugged and it was time for us to get back to work.

Chapter 2

The day was finally over. All of the playground equipment was erected and tested. Eric and I were at my truck putting tools away when Allen walked up and surprised me.

"I didn't know you were going to be here. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Hey, Allen," I said as I turned toward him. "I wasn't sure if I would be here the last time we talked."

"Well, you could have saved me the time..."

"Allen," my voice had just a bit, really just a bit of an edge to it. "I didn't know I'd be here. And, when we started here this morning it was early. I know you like sleeping in on Saturdays. By the way, this is Eric." Introducing Allen to Eric. They exchanged nods.

"The day has not gone as I had hoped," Allen started as he softened his voice and mood. "You asked me to stop by and make sure that everything got done..."

"Why would you care if everything got done," Eric reasonably asked.

I let my head drop without saying a word. My body felt like it was suddenly weak. And, while I was trying to craft an answer, Allen, god bless his him, answered.

"The 410 Foundation contributes money for the playground equipment. Tom is the 410 Foundation." You see, I use Allen as the face of the foundation; he is the only employee the foundation has at this time. A few friends and I ultimately decide where the money is going.

Well, you could have knocked Eric over with a feather! He was shocked. And justifiably so. I never have told folks just how much money I have or that it goes to a number of good causes. They just see a guy who lives in a nice home in a great part of Fullerton and drives and old pick-up truck on the weekend. Now, Eric has a glimmer of the truth.

Allen saw our reactions. He knew he made a mistake. The three of us stood there not saying a word. I thought I better take control before Allen decided to say something more.

"Allen, can you do me a favor and find out who supplies the lunches here? And, then without taking any business from them, find out if they can do better and how much it would cost. Okay? Get back to me with the information during our Thursday meeting. Can you help me with that?"

"Sure, and I'm so sorry," I could see Allen was beating himself up over saying too much. He knows I prefer being unknown. All I could do was shrug and smile.

"Don't worry about it. Eric and I will talk. I know I can trust him with our secret. Now, go have a great weekend, okay? Talk to you on Tuesday." I gave Allen a reassuring wink and sent him on his way. Then I turned toward Eric.

"Now, you know," I started. "I like helping the community, but don't want credit. Please, keep this to yourself."

"If you want to keep it a secret, it's a secret. I just think what you do it great." Eric was looking at me like he'd never quite seen me before.

"Thanks, but I prefer folks don't know." I literally looked into his eyes. Thought for a minute and then said, "You know, maybe you can help us. Going to have to think about that."

Eric and I finished loading up the tools, and then got in and drove home. The first mile or two were awkward, but then we got back to laughing and talking like the friends we had been for years.

As we got closer to home, the talking stopped for a minute and while stopped at a light, I looked over at Eric.

"I am not sure what a nearly 50-year-old sees in me as a friend, but please know Eric I didn't keep the foundation from you because I didn't trust you. I do. I have just kept it a secret from everyone, which is why I use Allen as kind of the face of the Foundation."

"And," I continued, "I told you an even deeper secret earlier today about who I might be attracted to. I understand if you don't want to be around me much any longer." I wanted to make it easier for him if he didn't like the idea of me being attracted to males who loved to show their feminine side. Folks have been known to freak out at that kind of information.

"Don't be silly," he responded as he rested his hand on mine for just a moment. "Why don't you come over for dinner later? Say about 7:00?"

"Really? Is there anything I can bring?"

"Just yourself and your smile."

"I'll see you at 7:00!"

We were just pulling up to his house and he got out, gave me a wave, and then started walking down his driveway. Smiling, I just watched him walk. About half-way down the drive he looked over his shoulder and smiled at me, then kept going. Yeah, I got caught watching him. I drove on home smiling and chuckling to myself. I was so relieved that I didn't lose a friend.

Chapter 3

Eric lived just around the block; really close. And, like me he lived alone. I never asked about it and just accepted him as he was. Normally, because it's so close, I walk over to his place, but because I had two bottles of wine - one red; one white - and a plastic container of cookies and things, I decided to drive.

Not sure quite what to wear, I chose some soft khakis and a nice oxford shirt with the sleeves rolled up a bit. I hoped I looked okay for dinner. Hey, if not, I lived close, right?

Right at 7:00 I was ringing his door bell. Before the chimes stopped, Eric had the door open and was beaming when he saw me. Then he saw what was in my hand.

"I thought I told you not to bring anything," Eric said.

"Yeah, well, my Mom told me to never show up empty handed. And, you know my Mom." Actually, he did know Mom and Dad because I bought the home I'm in from them at a discounted rate, otherwise I'd be in an apartment somewhere. They wanted to live in an RV and see the country before deciding where to live out their years.

Everything was going according to plan until they got caught in a monsoon rain in Arizona and were hit by a semi. Mom and Dad were killed instantly, but they were doing what they loved doing: exploring new places together. Dad, being the most prepared person I know, still had large life insurance policies on them both as well as having saved and invested well. The house became mine free and clear because I was already on the title. And, since the company that owned the semi had neglected to do scheduled maintenance, I received a very generous settlement.

That was also the time I decided to write full-time, which caused my girlfriend to leave me before any life insurance or settlement money came in. Yeah, I was grateful for her timing and for seeing her true colors.

I was standing in the doorway as these thoughts just ran through my mind. My eyes must have got this vacant look in them because the next thing I remembered was hearing Eric's voice.

"Where are you? Where did you go"

As I focused back on Eric, I could see he was worried about me.

"Nothing to worry about. Just thought of Mom and Dad for a moment. Please excuse me for getting lost there for a few seconds."

Eric gave me a light finger-tip caress on my arm and one of the warmest smiles I have ever seen.

"Just as long as you will be here for dinner...and maybe a movie."

"Of course," I responded with a smile of my own. "Hey, I also brought you these," as I handed him a plastic container, "home-made cookies and a few roses from my yard. I know you like them both."

"That was so sweet of you," he said smiling. "Do you know that nobody has ever given me flowers?"

"I didn't, but I know you like those roses and thought you might like a few for the dinner table."

I finally entered his home and watched him get busy in the kitchen. I had never noticed before how gracefully he moved.

"Don't stand there," he lightly scolded. "Go into the family room and get comfy. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes."

"Do you mind if I sit at the island and watch you? Or, to keep you company while you work?"

He looked surprised that I'd want to watch him, or to keep him company.

"Why should I be in the other room when I could be in here with you." I asked.

Eric pointed toward a stool and asked me if I wanted red or white wine. I told him I preferred the red. He opened the bottle and poured us each a glass and he handed me mine. I offered him a toast.

"To good and trusted friends."

"To new adventures with friends who are loved," he toasted and gave me an enigmatic smile.

We both sipped the wine and then he got busy again as I sat and watched him. We talked a little, but I didn't want to distract him. He moved around his kitchen quickly checking on the oven, in the fridge, and back to the stove top. God help me, but I did like seeing him bend over to check the oven. In fact, he caught me looking once and gave me one of those 'I caught you smiles.' The truth is that I wasn't really sure what was going on between us. I mean, what would he possibly see in me?

In just a few more minutes he was serving dinner and I tried to help by getting it out to the table. He took a last look at the table, adjusted lighting, and then sat down at the table with me.

"I hope you like it."

"Nobody has cooked for me in years," I told him. "How could I not like it?" And then I took a bite of the pasta. I was in heaven.

"How could you possibly know I liked a good basil pesto sauce? Sure, I saw it, but only hoped that it would be good. This is excellent."

"Really," he asked as he beamed.

"Really. The best I have ever eaten," I answered as I put my hand over his on the table for a moment to reinforce what I was saying. And, with that we ate dinner. Talked. Laughed. And generally had a great time.

Dinner was over way too soon. It was that kind of a meal with company that you just want to go on and on. What's the saying? All good things must end.

We cleared the dishes into the kitchen. I offered to clean up, but he told me I was the guest and the dishes would be there later. He suggested we go into the family room for the movie. Bringing two glasses and the wine, we got comfortable an then he turned to me. He seemed to be nervous so I just waited until he was ready. Watching him, he took a deep breath...and then another. Slowly exhaling.

"Tom, I want to introduce you to a special woman I know."

I don't know what I felt at that moment. Disappointment. Confusion. I know he listened to me this afternoon. I thought he understood I prefer not to be helped, but what was I going to do? But this was Eric and I trusted him.

"Eric, I trust you to know the kind of woman who would be right for me." That was the only way I could respond; and it was also true.

"Let me show you some pictures and tell me what you really think, okay?" I watched him as he opened his phone. His hands were shaking. I reached out and took his hands into mine.

"Eric, whatever it is, it will be just fine. I trust you." He nodded and brought up a picture of a woman in her 40's, I think, wearing a sun dress. Everything about her was beautiful and tasteful. Okay, and her legs were stunningly gorgeous.

"Eric, she's breathtaking." I saw him relax and swipe to another picture. I think this was the same woman, but she was in a professional skirt and jacket and she was wearing glasses. Her dark hair was up with a few curls escaping. And, there was just a hint of a slit in the skirt from what I could tell. I looked up at Eric and smiled.

"She's exquisite. Feminine. Sensual, I think. And, sexy. Isn't she the same woman?" Eric smiled even bigger and just smiled. And swiped to another picture. Wow. This time she was in a floor length sheer robe, stockings, lace panties and bra. There was a smile that played on her lips and I felt like it was just for me.

"She's a goddess," I told him. "One to adore." And, I just looked at the picture again for a moment then back up at Eric.

"Eric, you know the qualities I seek. Intelligence, creativity and caring. This woman has those?" Eric just nodded. I looked at the picture again and then looked back into Eric's eyes.

"I think she's older than I am. Will that bother her? Am I too young for her?"

"She thinks you are perfect," Eric responded. I looked at him then back at the picture. Then at him. And a light went off. I knew who I was looking at, and I think Eric saw the realization hit me.

"I think she's perfect, too," I told him. "When can I meet her?"

"Tonight."

"If she's ready for me to meet her, tonight would be very nice," I told him. Tears were gently rolling down Eric's cheek. I reached out with my finger to get one and tasted it smiling.

"Salty," I nearly whispered.

"Happy," Eric corrected. "It will take a few minutes for Erica to get ready. Are you okay out here?"

"Erica?" He just nodded. "Tell her to take her time. Such beauty can't be rushed. Do you have something I can read or look at while I wait?"

Eric nodded, got up and went to the book case. He returned with a couple of magazines he put down on the table. My eyes never left him as I watched him move and walk. Then with a very warm, sexy smile he turned and walked down the hall to his bedroom.

Chapter 3

I looked around the family room from my seat on the couch after Eric walked away. Suddenly I started to notice little things here and there that showed a woman's touch. The fact is that I didn't think a woman had ever lived with Eric, so it must be all him. The observation made me smile.

I started to look at the magazines Eric put out for me. They kind of looked like fashion magazines. Why would he five them to me to look at? But then I looked a bit closer and began reading the captions and blurbs. The pictures were of crossdressers and trans women! And the one thing they all had in common? They were all drop dead gorgeous. And, they weren't only younger girls; there were a number of pictures of older woman who looked far more beautiful than the 45 to 55-year-old woman I see on the street. These ladies took time to really look good, poised, and sexy without being slutty. Okay, a few knew how to look slutty and great at the same time.

So often we think of the lovely younger girls when we thing about trans girls. But right in front of me I saw proof that I was wrong. As I turned the pages, the older girls looked better and better to me. Even those who celebrated their age with grey wigs. They just reeked of sex to me.

It was over an hour later when I heard the steady clip of heels hitting the wood floor. I looked up at the doorway expectantly wondering what I would see. The steps stopped for a moment. Was Erica nervous? I know I was. This was a very new experience for me, but I wanted it so much. Not only that, no matter how Erica looked, I knew I was going to be encouraging.

The steps started again and got closer and closer until Erica appeared in the doorway. I stood to greet her with a smile as I would any woman. It was her face I noticed first. Did I see fear? A case of nerves? I saw a small nervous smile at her lips. I thought I should take the first step.

"Hi. I'm Tom and am so pleased to finally meet you," a moment went by as I really looked at her. "You are exquisite." And, she was. Standing there in a dark dress that came to her knees. Buttons down the front, the bottom two buttons were not being used so that with every step she took, she exposed a bit more of her leg. Erica had a shape to her that I had not noticed before. The breasts weren't huge, but were proportional to her body and emphasized her smaller waist. The makeup was perfect, but a bit heavy which I just loved. Her shoulder length hair was a light brown and wavy. Erica was beautiful.

"I'm Erica. I can't believe I am finally meeting you."

We walked toward one another. Both of us smiling and we entered a warm, firm hug in which she just seemed to form to my body. I have never hugged anyone who just fit me so well. I let myself relax knowing I was home, finally. A soft kiss to her neck during which I was able to inhale her perfume. Wow. I loved it.