Essay: Know Yourself

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DMSi
DMSi
12 Followers

I've given up on my marriage. The other day I was thinking how great it would be if my wife decided to leave me and find an asexual partner. I would help her do it. I wouldn't do it out of spite, but because I want her to be in a relationship that fits her. I could then move on and start a better life. It was still going to be embarrassing to tell people that we are splitting because we don't have sex but so be it. It all sounded great in my head, but actually talking to her about it and seeing if she agreed would be something else.

The motivation for ending the marriage changed last night. I had responded to a Facebook post about a celebrity that said being conservative these days was like being a Jew in 1930s Germany. I said that that person had a right to share her opinion and Disney had the right to fire her. I also said it was a stupid opinion. When my wife read it, she blew up. She also agreed that conservatives are being treated unfairly and being abused. I told her that they are nowhere near as close to being treated as badly as Jews were in Nazi Germany, conservatives aren't being beaten up in the streets. She said not yet, but it is getting that way. Things sank after that, with her calling me stupid and me calling her ignorant. Calling me stupid when we disagree is a common thing for her and is something my therapist has taught me to not allow to happen. I demanded an apology and she gave none.

We didn't know ourselves when we met. We knew that we had major differences but thought that we could respect them. Maybe we could have respected each other but society became a madhouse and things became combative. We both enjoyed sex but I felt like I needed to make up for lost time after squandering my college years. She, on the other hand, was more curious about it than actually needing it. I should have gotten therapy for my issues before getting married. We thought that our differences were a good thing, that the strengths of one would make up for the weakness of the other. It was naïve.

Sometimes I want the best for my wife, even if it means we aren't together. In so many ways we are good friends, if bad spouses. After nights like last night, I don't know if I care.

When I likely leave her, I will need to find a place of my own and start over. It's intimidating but what can I do? Finding a new girlfriend sounds great but getting into a new relationship too soon is a terrible idea. If I had personal issues to work on before I got married, I have even more of them now. I just wish that the cute girl in the other department weren't so adorable. We've been making eyes at each other for months, and she "accidentally" and loudly told her friend when I was nearby that she found a guy she likes. They haven't talked much but she is willing to see what happens. God, I'd love to be on top of her. I love a woman with glasses, curves and handful tits that go so well on a thin frame.

She's too young for me anyway.


DMSi
DMSi
12 Followers
12