All Comments on 'Esther and Star Ch. 02'

by fsqueeze

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
dwoelfledwoelfleover 4 years ago
Neat progression

Really enjoying this. Well drawn characters. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mixed 2.

Ok.

So, more or less what was expected. The incandescent rage fades as soon as there is a trigger to pull him out of it. fits with his broken nature of the first chapter, so a plus for consistent characterization. The implied abuse of Star by J & J is a better insight into why she does what she does. Having been powerless before, she has gravitated to a situation where she has power over others, and protection if said power is challenged. Again, a human reaction. That said, it also led Star to a situation where she miss-reads the room/audience (Patrick) and ends up without power again. All very human. Again, swiss cheese (see comment "Mixed" on chapter 1 for an overview of the Swiss Cheese Method).

Now, while Esther doesn't have any real role in this part other than background, but what she does have is not good. She may be a former wall-flower who is just now coming out, but she should have told her husband what happened. While there may be a certain fear of him getting physically violent, he's never been knowingly physically violent to her. The "everything is different now." is a cop-out on her part, and while she is just discovering her agency, part of being married is giving up some of your agency for others (the idea that to get married is to give up all of ones agency like Esther had, or that it involves giving up none of the agency like I sometimes see in the real world when someone cheats are equally toxic). To quote William Blake's "The Clod and the Pebble"

Love seeketh not Itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

So sung a little Clod of Clay,

Trodden with the cattle's feet;

But a Pebble of the brook,

Warbled out these metres meet

Love seeketh only self to please,

To bind another to Its delight,

Joys in another's loss of ease,

And builds a Hell in Heaven's despite.

You've got three people, all of whom are broken. Esther from her church and then forcible removal from same, Star from the abuse she suffered, and then the abuse she inflicted upon Patrick, and Patrick who suffered from his sister's abuse, but never learned humility.

The oral sex by Star on Patrick is very distinctly her attempt to use physical interactions to regain a sense of power that was lost when he attacked her. Again, understandable, but it shows of the flaws in her character. This gets further driven home by the fart joke thing that she does on him. This is a man who she has just emotionally abused, and I don't think either of them actually see the abuse for what it was. Oh, and Star not telling Patrick why she wanted him to attack J & J? That was abuse to.

Ideally of course this would end with some form of amicable resolution (Esther may adore Star, but them ending up together would not be healthy) and everyone in therapy for decades, but the real world (and it is obvious the author is making some effort toward human realism) doesn't give happy endings.

c4vetteman94c4vetteman94over 4 years ago
This one is interesting

His sister seems to be completely manipulating the situation for her benefit. She said she wasn't going to go far with Esther but then did it anyway. Then she manipulates the brother with sex and promises. The odd thing is, he claims he doesn't actually love Esther, and since now she isn't a Witness, he should just divorce her and set her free. Especially since she was so willing to go ahead with Stars manipulation.

I guess we will see what happens in the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

after reading (raised eyebrows, headshaking and frowning) 1-6:

nope no not gonna work

With this "thing" as a sister and this "woman".... Hard Reset divorce and also getting rid of sister dear (both are not working in their intended roles IMO)

MC isn't written as being a wimp or hateful towards the two women.... but he's also not described as someone who stands up for himself or is really close to his sister or wivey (behaviour, choice of words, thoughts)... he's more or less a zero line with scene-depending pings and doesn't advance the story in the slightest.

It makes the story annoying at best and head-shaking at worst.

the idea wasn't bad, but the execution...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The sister is one nasty woman. Over all the story is pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, but after reading all the chapters, I think the author did a lousy job!

Why? Example:

-I guess he didn't want the sister to seem like a house-wrecking, stupid cunt.

Since she is the catalyst she actually has an important function but, also referring to other comments, she is instead the main problem of the story and makes it partly non-functional.... and hugely so!

-I also think that the MC should not appear completely mentally unstable (swings between murderous rage (rightly so imo) <> suicidally sad, lovey<>hate... moodswings).

-wife seems rather unfit for life and naive?! - partly she came across in the story as if she was only there for the siblings to have another sexual partner and less like a character (like an onahole with lines), sorry?

-and some other problems but by far the worst is the sis.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cuck

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

His wife betrayed him and his sister Star betrayed him. They're lucky he didn't kill them both. Its still cheater even if its with another women. Star needs to tell Ester that her husband knows they fucked.

Writers take such latitude making excuse for women to explore their sexuality with someone else when they're married. When women cheat their bad behavior is portrayed as hot, sensual and erotic. When men explore sex outside of marriage they're label as selfish pigs thinking only of themselves with no concern for their spouses. The double standard is sexist and hypocritical.

nippelfansmall2nippelfansmall2over 1 year ago

underwhelming, both woman trash :(

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

I like this story and don't understand all the harsh critics.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I agree with oldmanbill69. This story does have a few digressions to the past but they do help he story and the characters all have depth. Star is an absolute Goddess for sex (have to love her) but I really like Ester’s path into free life and sex. And this chapter ended strong, as Star is really the star!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

His sister and wife betrayed him theyre both cunts and hes too much of a white knight. Star is like a immature fucking kid with her stupid antics, but giving bro a blowjob is all the bitch is really good for.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A cheating wife (that is very confused and still getting over a lifetime of brainwashing, so maybe gets a pass this ONE time) and an immature slut sister - what a family! I'm curious about the J&J thing and it's kind of annoying it's thrown out there as mystery bait and he doesn't ask about it even though any sensible person would. I'm betting it's something sexual. They probably raped her or did something sexual with her, maybe got her drunk/drugged or something first. I mean for real, why be that secretive about it if it's not something sexual and embarrassing? Hopefully it's revealed at some point.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous