All Comments on 'Eve & Lucy Ch. 01: The Audition'

by THBGato

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
MigbirdMigbird2 months ago

Love your characters and the relationships you create and the ones where you tease/tempt us. The “Hardest Step” very moving/poignantly painful though as a near hopeless romantic hoping to “meet” Carrie and hoping to see Beccy and Georgie again. Thanks for this piece and the possibilities. The sex scenes in your erotic pieces are graphically intense yet never gratuitous — reveal your characters and relationships. Glad you are sharing your creativity.

stevep132stevep132about 2 months ago

I’ve read all the stories in the suggested order. They’re all fabulous and building into a really good narrative. It helps I suppose that I live in the Bristol area so I can put a mental image together. 5⭐️ from me

Mykymyk2Mykymyk2about 2 months ago

Oh, you. Cliffhanger and ‘but it might take a while.’ Looking for to the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Oh dear, this is going to be a tear jerker, isn't it... Loved the part where Amanda was trying to look at everything through Eve's wonder filled eyes and ended up ogling Carrie lol. Both characters and the friends are very likeable. Eagerly looking forward to the next part lol.

PS I'm ashamed of myself for not being able to guess that Lucy is Lucifer. Facepalm lol.

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesabout 2 months ago

Plink -- the penny dropped.

I can't believe it has taken me a whole day to figure out who the titular Lucy is. I thought maybe it was the Lucy mentioned in the first scene of the audition, but that didn't make much sense. And then, duh, of course _that's_ who it is! 😀

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Love it! Can't wait for part two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Oh God I love your writing. Your like Carey Thomas but with excellent comedic timing.

toesucker1toesucker1about 2 months ago

This was so well written, well plotted and HOT. The way you brought Amanda and Carrie together via alcohol and a sprained ankle was really believable — even carrying through to how they had sex!

But my other favorite part was the beginning, where we get to hear Samantha and Sarah fucking like bunnies through the bathroom wall. So good.

The next chapter will really be interesting.

THBGatoTHBGatoabout 2 months agoAuthor

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I've written Chapters 2 and 3 (I think) but I'm really struggling with this series. So, if anyone would like to be a beta reader (and thus get a sneak-preview), please get in touch. I feel like I need another person's perspective on it and direction it is taking.

username37username37about 2 months ago

This is why I tell myself to not read partial stories until they've been completed.

I was expecting a slower buildup, but no disappointment there. And the ending irony was lovely icing on the cake!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very hot I would give it six stars if that was possible.

hanna_ahanna_aabout 2 months ago

Could you explain e foreigner why there have to be so many "likes" in Amanda's speech? Like: "I think there's some tupperware with, like, leftover veggie moussaka: you could like microwave that? There might be, like, some salad to go with."

RubberKateyRubberKateyabout 2 months ago

@hanna_a: "like" is a filler word similar to "um" or "er" or "you know". It indicates a hesitation in thought by the speaker. "Like" is quite a common one in the south of England where the story appears to be set and as with "you know" has implications of unconsciously seeking agreement with or acceptance from the other person of what the speaker is saying.

galadriel_fangaladriel_fanabout 1 month ago

I’ve been putting off starting this series because I’m terrible with delayed gratification and only having 1 of N parts of the story is too frustrating. But then I see part 2 is posted, and I think maybe I should, plus I’ve read everything else THBGato has posted, all 5s in my book, so I’m, like, I can do this, it’s going to be great. And it is great. I’ve read the prerequisites, so I know Carrie’s background, and I’m delighted that Samantha and Sarah are still solid. Now we’ve got the story rolling with Carrie and Amanda. So we’re off to a great start and on to part 2! (Thank you THBGato)

hanna_ahanna_aabout 1 month ago

Thank you, @RubberKatey, for the nice explanation. Actually, I guessed so much - but are that many "like" not an abundance? Do people really say it so frequently?

Of course, reading this story, it kind of helps to keep track in the dialogues. Spot a "like" - check, it's Amanda speaking.

I first thought it might be supposed to signify some kind of "prolo"-language for the black one ... I mostly encountered that many "like" as simplified language in "bimbification" stories.

I just don't think that character Amanda has deserved that. She is a very intelligent and funny and educated woman. So thanks for the clarification that I shouldn't consider "like" in a degrading way.

hanna_ahanna_aabout 1 month ago

But these little comments about Amanda's language distracts from the fact that I actually want to express how beautiful and well written this story is. I like your references to famous plays (Maria, Cesario - even a female "Malvolia"). And the girls are so believable and nice. I think I need to find out more about Samantha and Sarah ...

THBGatoTHBGatoabout 1 month agoAuthor

@RubberKatey has explained the function of "like" really well (thank you) but I did just want to respond to @hanna_a. Like is an amazing, multi-functional word that has it's origin in the Old English word 'lic', meaning body. Amanda uses it as disguise. She is a very smart (you have to be to get into Bristol Uni) black woman from a town where black people are a tiny minority and being smart isn't always lauded. She learnt early on that she needed to appear non-threatening in order to be tolerated; her speech patterns, such as her overuse of 'like', but also her constant deferral to others with tag questions, and her use of hedging, reflect this. This is part of the reason why she loves drama so much - she gets to put that persona aside - and also why she is so adept at it: everyday she plays a role. Code switching is her daily reality. I'm not sure yet whether we will ever see a scene with her at home with her parents, but she will speak differently there.

Thanks to everyone else for the kind comments. They are very much appreciated.

hanna_ahanna_aabout 1 month ago

Dear author @THBGato, thank you so much for further explanation. It's a big honour I feel I don't deserve.

Of course I know the etymology of "like", in German we have the word "Leiche" which means corpse/dead body. Easy to spot the parallelism to the English meaning. Even the suffix -ly has that origin. But apart from that language history, it gave me the impression of a person who, rather than stating something concisely, always tries to give a mere hint of what she was thinking - as though she wanted to say she knows that her speech is not really worth considering. For me that didn't fit such an intelligent person as Amanda.

I went a little bit deeper into your stories, and I find your character descriptions so deep and thoughtful, especially that sweet autistic woman Samantha - I am just much more sure now that your description and the kind of language you bestow on your characters have a good reason. Thank you for your good work.

pope32767pope32767about 1 month ago

Linguistics in the comments, hurrah! You never know what you'll find on Literotica.

Other cognates of _like_, as you probably know but readers may not, are _lich-gate_ (the gate in a churchyard fence for taking a coffin in and out_) and _lich_ itself, in recent times the Dungeons and Dragons animated corpse. The song "A Lyke-Wake Dirge", which is in Northumbrian Middle English, fits here too. When I sing it, I use Middle English pronunciation: "feer and flate and candel-licht / and Christ resave thi sowle", where "Christ" still rhymes with "kissed" and "sowle" with "fowl".

Mmmm, going on with antici- (say it!) -pation....

chloe_switchchloe_switchabout 1 month ago

Oh. My. Goodness. I was enthralled and immersed in this story! This felt oh so real; the rehearsal, the rivalry, the characters and - wow - the sex, to cap it off. And that its set in and around my old stomping ground of Bristol is the icing on the cake. Can't wait to dive in to the next chapter!

Nicole2023Nicole202320 days ago

Love your writing… glad I waited

NellymcboatfaceNellymcboatface11 days ago

Well, "Like..." A fabulous story... Which was "Like"... A nice surprise at the repeated use of "Like"... Which "basically"... Us locals overindulge in the use of.... As well as, "Like"... There's "Actually".... or even "Basically"...

I could barely put the story down. Well written and THB conjured up some great scenes. Got to read more!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTHBGato@THBGato
My stories are mainly slow burn Lesbian Romances, with the focus very much on character and relationship building. Here's a suggested reading order if you want to avoid spoilers/keep characters fresh in your mind: The Third Date 1 & 2 Coda Love is a Place 1, 2 & 3 The Hardest...