Eveline's Strangest Journey Ch. 13

Story Info
Chapter 13 - Eveline becomes a naked auction hostess.
3.4k words
4.4
4.8k
2

Part 13 of the 30 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/29/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 13 - The Emerald Empire Auction House

Eveline decided that a way to get out of her naked dilemma was to get a job. She wouldn't say it to Strickland directly, but she knew that to go to any job interview, she'd most certainly would have to get dressed. That meant finally buying some clothes. Certainly Coach Strickland couldn't object to her student wanting to demonstrate initiative and earn some money and get some work experience. Certainly she'd finally have to relent on not allowing Eveline to get dressed.

Eveline brought up the subject at breakfast. She wasn't sure what to expect. Perhaps Coach Strickland wouldn't let her get a job after-all because it would interfere with her studies and chores around the house. However, Eveline's mentor was surprisingly supportive.

"Yes, young lady, I suppose you're right. A job, at least on the weekends, wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll make a few calls and see what I can come up with."

"Come up with? I kinda thought... I'd just go downtown, and... you know... check out the stores... "

"Wrong. Places are shutting down. E-commerce is killing everything. The stores aren't hiring anymore and the mall's already gone. And no, I will not have you working in food service. You'll knock yourself out for nothing and the pay is shit. Not worth your time."

"But... "

"Don't worry about it. I'll make some calls and come up with something better for you."

Eveline didn't say anything more because she dared not argue with her coach, but she wondered what "something better" could possible be. She now was worried, and very much regretted having brought up the topic.

----------

Coach Strickland didn't say anything more about Eveline getting a job for the rest of the week. Eveline didn't say anything more either, because her hostess had eliminated the two most likely types of work an inexperienced high school student could get: a job at a store and a job at a restaurant. In a way the student was relieved that Coach Strickland had flatly told her she would not be allowed to have a food service job, because, really, food service jobs are always pretty awful.

That Friday afternoon, school let out early. Coach Strickland was unusually well-dressed for a Friday and had told Eveline not to make any plans for the afternoon. Obviously something was going on, but, by then, the student knew that her mentor would tell her whatever she needed to know whenever she felt like it, and no sooner.

After lunch, Coach Strickland drove the younger woman past a bunch of estates to an old mansion, which was located in a picturesque spot between to the state's wealthiest country club and a members-only lake resort. There were several expensive-looking vintage cars parked close to the front door. The building had security cameras on the walls and in the parking lot to cover the front entrance. The only other detail to indicate the location was a business was a modest sign above the door:

The Emerald Empire

Fine Art & Antiques

Coach Strickland noted the bewildered expression on her student's face:

"I didn't forget about you wanting to get a job, but I wanted to make sure you have the best one possible considering your circumstances. I'm telling you, this'll be a really nice gig if you can get it. It pays well, it's about as easy a job as you can possibly have and, from what I understand, they even offer health and dental insurance. I went through some trouble to set up this interview and talked you up over the phone, so you'd better be grateful and do what you can to make a good impression."

"But... Coach Strickland... I... I mean... what about clothes for the interview?"

"Don't need 'em. You'll see once we get inside."

Eveline took a deep breath and tried to hide her exasperation.

No clothes needed for a job interview? What the hell...?

As soon as they entered the building, a receptionist escorted Coach Strickland and Eveline to a large, very expensively decorated study. The receptionist did not seem surprised in the least that a naked young woman had just entered the building. The only reaction she had was to comment:

"Wow. Looks like someone's eager to get started. Mr. Silman and Ms. Lombardi will see you now."

Two well-dressed company officials, a man in his 40's and a woman who looked about 30, were waiting to receive the job applicant. They introduced themselves as Fred Silman and Nancy Lombardi. Fred was dressed in a suit and Nancy was wearing an expensive lavender business outfit. Like the receptionist, they seemed not at all surprised that their aspirant was naked. Silman reached forward to shake Eveline's hand, while Nancy looked at her through her eyeglasses, studying her with a detached, professional demeanor.

Even before the interview began, Eveline could tell that Fred Silman had a positive impression of her. Nancy, who had been a professional model herself just a few years before, maintained a neutral expression.

"It's good to see someone come in here with the right attitude. We don't get that often enough. OK, Eveline, have a seat and we'll get started."

Eveline sat down in an elegant chair. The cool cloth of the seat felt very strange on her bare bottom and reminded her that she was naked in a room with three well-dressed people. She might have panicked, but Coach Strickland was watching. Eveline's fear of displeasing her mentor forced her to focus on the task of the moment, performing well in the job interview.

Fred spoke as soon as the applicant was seated:

"Now, to get started, a bit of background. You know that the Emerald Empire is the premier antique and fine art auction house in the region. Right now the "region" consists of nine states and an outlet in Toronto, but we're planning on changing that in a big way. We have entered into partnership with the Golden Horde Antique Channel on cable and we're gonna expand. Now, before I continue, let me ask you something, young lady. What is an antique? Can you give me a definition?"

"It's something that's old, Sir. Like... it's an old collectable thing, 'cause of its age, and 'cause it's rare. And... also 'cause it's pretty... and people like it... and 'cause they don't make 'em anymore."

"Not bad. You got the textbook definition of an antique, more or less. Anyhow, that's what people want to believe. The truth is that antiques are totally worthless. You can't do anything with an antique, other than put it on a shelf and look at it. Same goes for art. Art is totally worthless. So, the mission of our company is to convert worthless objects into cash. So tell me this, Eveline, how does a salesman convert a worthless object into cash?"

Eveline was shocked at the man's cynical view of his own business, but she thought for a second and forced herself to answer:

"I 'spose, Sir... what you gotta do is convince your buyers what they're getting is worth a bunch of money, even though it isn't."

"Exactly. It's all about presentation. You catch the buyers' attention, give them a good pitch, and walk off with their money. As I said, it's all about presentation. Especially at auctions. And that's where our demonstrators come in."

"Yes, Sir." Eveline responded, without really understanding what he was talking about, or what corporate sales pitches had to do with her sitting naked in a fancy room.

"We've come up with all kinds of psychological tricks to try to convince people to pay more. The most common one is, of course, trying to convince buyers that there is scarcity and that, if they don't act fast, they'll miss out. That's the oldest trick in the book, used by everyone. And because it's used by everyone, there's no advantage."

Fred glanced at his co-worker and continued:

"So, we at Emerald Empire wanted to come up with something different. And last year I saw something different when I went to an art auction boutique in Europe. It was a small operation in a small town outside Vienna, but their sales and profits were through the roof. They weren't doing any of that psychology crap we do in the US on their buyers, but they were selling like crazy. And the reason was, they were using naked employees to present their stuff during auctions. A simple strategy, and brilliant. The naked employees drew people into the auction house. That's half the fight right there, just getting buyers through the door. The other half was that having naked employees "presenting" the items distracted the buyers and made them not pay attention to how much they were bidding. Do you follow me so far?"

"Yes, Sir."

"So, I came back to the US with this idea, presented it to management, and they let me run with it. It's been hugely successful. I'd say at auction, on average, Emerald Empire is selling merchandise at about 23% more than we would have sold comparable items last year. That 23% is pure profit. Now we did have a rough start. As you can imagine, most of the presenters we had working with us at the time were pretty upset when I told them the new uniform was going to be none at all. They quit in protest, and that was fine with me. I wanted to start with fresh people anyway. I figured it would only be fair to offer the chance to stay with us, but none of them did."

None of them wanted to stay with you. Well, thought Eveline to herself, that's a no-brainer.

Mr. Silman continued: "Anyhow, through trial and error, and some correspondence with Vienna, we've worked out the most effective use for nude presenters. The presenter is there to be eye candy and a distraction, but she can't be too much of a distraction. At first we let the presenters wear make-up and jewelry, but that drew too much attention from our sales items. Same goes for things such as tattoos, fake breasts, and tan-lines. We don't hire anyone with tattoos or any kind of augmentation, and if a prospective hire has tan-lines, we request that she gets rid of them before she goes up on stage. Simple and natural is best, we found out. The same goes for positioning and expression. No over-doing the seductive look, a simple friendly smile works best. No exaggerated posturing, just position your body to draw attention to the moment's bid item."

Fred looked at his coworker again, and she nodded slightly.

"You seem to fit a lot of what we need. Quiet wholesome appearance, nice even tan, simple short hair, and you're polite. Best of all, your coach told me over the phone that you're a full-time nudist. That means we won't have any modesty issues, no 'breaking you in', so to speak. Am I right about that?"

Eveline glanced at Coach Strickland. A flash in the older woman's eyes warned her how to answer:

"Yes, Sir."

"Excellent. Really, the only thing left for us to do is to see how you are with the job itself. Nancy... " The man gestured towards his co-worker, "... will walk you through posturing and presenting a display."

Nancy spoke to the applicant for the first time during the interview:

"OK, Eveline, get your shoes off and stand next to that vase."

Eveline did as she was told.

"This is a $ 50,000 vase. Your job is to turn it into a $ 60,000 vase. Your job is to help the auctioneer create $ 10,000 out of thin air."

Nancy demonstrated a few poses and positioning:

"When you're up in front of an audience, pay close attention to line-of-sight. Never block anyone's view of the auction item, but don't let it block anyone's view of you. Gently touch the item, but just barely, to draw attention."

As soon as she was satisfied with Eveline's posture and body language, Nancy showed the student how to create a pleasant expression that reflected quiet happiness and just a hint of seduction.

"The important detail is not what you do with your mouth, but what you do with your eyes. When a high-roller is about to drop some money, acknowledge it with a nice look. Flirt, but just a tiny bit. And do it with your eyes, not your mouth."

A quiet smile was not a problem for Eveline. She had a modest personality and was not overly expressive with her emotions, so she was perfectly suited for what Nancy was asking of her.

The two corporate officers nodded at each other. The interview was not quite over, but was obvious that Eveline had just landed her first job.

Eveline spent about 30 minutes practicing demonstration poses. The interview continued with a few additional questions about her health, exercise habits, and studies. The fact that she was a basketball player in her school was another point in her favor: she already had an exercise routine and knew what she needed to do to stay in shape.

The interviewers added another detail about their company's future that was likely to affect the auction presenters. The Emerald Empire Auction House was setting up a 24-hour shopping channel and the plan was to have some of the presenters take voice and acting lessons so they could go on TV. If the nude presenter project had worked so well for live auctions, there was no reason to think it wouldn't be just as good, or perhaps even better, on live TV.

The continued conversation was a mere formality. It was clear the two company representatives wanted her.

Nancy then shook Eveline's hand and smiled, for the first time.

"Welcome aboard, Eveline. Glad to have you with us. We'll get your contract signed and then we'll have you prep for your first auction."

"I... when will that be, Ma'am?"

"Tomorrow. The auction is an all-afternoon event, and our other presenters are on other assignments. So, your timing is perfect. You'll hit the ground running."

Nancy understood that Coach Strickland was Eveline's unofficial guardian, so she handed the new employee's contract to the teacher instead of the student. Coach Strickland looked over the document. She thought for a moment, tapped the paper, and asked:

"How about an extra percentage point on the commission clause?"

"OK, I'm sure we can swing that."

"And the insurance covers dental?"

"Of course. That's kinda important, you know, in this profession."

"Looks good then."

Nancy put the contract in front of her new employee and handed her a pen. Eveline tried to read through it, but she couldn't concentrate. Anyhow, it didn't matter. Coach Strickland expected her to sign, and there would be hell to pay if she didn't.

It was a good job, there was no question about that. Besides full health insurance, she would receive $25 per hour base pay, plus 4% commission on the net profit for any item that sold above its listed value. In other words, if a vase listed at $ 50,000 sold for $ 60,000, she'd get 4% of that extra $ 10,000. Four-hundred dollars just for standing and smiling for a few minutes... not bad pay for a failing high-school student coming out of a burned-down meth house.

In exchange for the pay and health insurance, the position committed Eveline to being completely undressed at all times when at work. Nude presenters were to be part of Emerald Empire's image, so she would be required to be naked at all times when on company property, at company-sponsored actions, and in company vehicles when traveling to any sales event.

Eveline took a deep breath and signed.

----------

Eveline did indeed hit the ground running. Her employers had been contacted the previous day by a modern art distributor that was not yet a regular client, but wanted a presenter at the last moment. It was an important assignment, but one that came with no warning whatsoever.

Nancy Lombardi was so worried about making a good impression that she had considered doing the day's presentations herself, instead of leaving the task to someone with no experience. Nancy was perfectly fine with being naked on stage, even though she had not modeled for a couple of years. However, she had to remain available to take phone calls and pass out directions for other auctions. There was no choice but to entrust the important assignment to the new hire.

Eveline spent the entire Saturday afternoon sharing a stage with an auctioneer and multiple pieces of modern art. The room had seating for 1,000 people. The seats were all taken and about 200 late-arrivals had to stand in the back and along side walls. There were flashing cameras everywhere.

Eveline was not scared in the same way most of the company's presenters were scared on their first assignment. She had been naked in front of so many people at school that being naked in such a public location was no big deal to her. She managed to detach herself from what was going on and focused on following the instructions Nancy had given her. She stood quietly, smiled slightly, positioned her body to draw attention to the current bid item, and quietly flirted with whoever had just placed the highest bid.

It was fortunate that Eveline didn't have much understanding of the art world at that point. She had no clue how important the attendees were, and that she was being seen by several people whose names she would have recognized in the tabloids. She would have been much more nervous had the lights been turned up and she could have seen there were top-level executives, celebrities, and art critics in the audience.

The new demonstrator was stupefied by the appraised value of the items, objects she wouldn't have looked at twice had she seen them on the street or on display in museum. The highlight of the auction was when a sculpture called "Who's Got the Best Balls?" went up for sale. It was nothing more than several ceramic spheres mounted on a metal spiral, but the piece sold for eight and a half million dollars. It had only appraised for seven-and-a-half million, so from that one sale alone, Eveline would receive 4% of a million-dollar profit.

When the winning bid was placed, Eveline could tell that the auctioneer was impressed with her performance during the sale of the day's highest-ticket item.

After the auction, Nancy thanked Eveline for performing so well during her first assignment. She told her employee that she would e-mail Coach Strickland a statement of her earnings for the day. She then commented that Eveline would have her next assignment in the middle of the following week: a three-hour evening stint at a local art gallery. Finally, Nancy told a corporate driver take the employee back to Coach Strickland's house.

Eveline was surprised to see her mentor naked and covered in massage oil when she entered the living room. It turned out that while she was at work, Coach Strickland had spent the morning exercising with one of her lovers. When they finished, she had invited him over for an afternoon of sex and massages. He had just left, and the massage table was still set up.

Even though she had a boyfriend of her own, Eveline felt strangely jealous about the situation. Coach Strickland noted the weird look in the student's eyes.

"Eveline, I'd like to hear about your first day at work, but I suppose that can wait. The table is still set up. I wouldn't mind another round."

"Yes, ma'am."

So, Eveline's very strange day continued. She could tell that Strickland was worn out and, sure enough, she fell asleep on the table. As always, the coach's large soft breasts fascinated her student. As soon as the rhythm of the older woman's breathing changed to indicate she was deeply asleep, Eveline's hands moved from her mentor's stomach to areas that interested her much more.

As she caressed and fondled her host's chest, Eveline felt guilty about what she was doing. Really, she was no better than her teammate Jenny. But, like Jenny, she couldn't help herself.

Jenny. Suddenly Eveline felt that she had Jenny figured out. Perhaps she could use Jenny's vulnerability to her advantage.