Eveline's Strangest Journey Ch. 17

Story Info
Chapter 17 - The fallout from an international art scandal.
1.3k words
4.8
7k
0

Part 17 of the 30 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/29/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 17 - The Face of Scandal

Just minutes after Eveline's very stressful encounter with Jenny in the locker-room, Lance passed by to pick her up and take her to Coach Strickland's place. Eveline's stressful day got even more stressful when he showed her the following article about the auction from Mega-News:

Section E - Arts & Culture

TSU Out-Foxed!

- The Niger Heart-Pot sold to African leader at auction

- Tri-State Admin claims antiquity was not on auction list

- Sale for a fraction of real value, but completely legal

Today Comandante Foxtrot, Supreme President of the West African Confederation, issued a press release announcing he had purchased the priceless Niger Heart-Pot from Tri-State University for $ 9.2 million dollars at auction.

"This is a great day for both the Confederation and for Tri-State University," according to the Supreme President. "An important part of our heritage is returning home, to where it belongs, and the university is receiving a generous endowment of 9.2 million dollars. It's a win-win for everyone, and I am so proud to have made it happen. It shows what a man-of-action like myself can do for the people he serves."

Comandante Foxtrot added that representatives from his nation's Ministry of Culture had already prepared the Niger Heart-Pot for shipment, and that it was en route on a special flight to the Confederation's National Museum, where it will be placed on permanent display.

Archeologists around America expressed dismay that the priceless antiquity was sold at auction.

"It was supposed to go into the Smithsonian," according to Dr. Freddy Gauss, a noted expert in the archeology of the Niger River Valley. "Who let that crazy dictator walk off with it?"

The Niger Heart-Pot dates back more than 3,500 years and has been mentioned in many historical texts. Its origin is a mystery, but it was a prized possession of Egyptian and later Babylonian kings over hundreds of years. The legend surrounding the Heart-Pot is that, with the appropriate sacrifices, it has the magical ability to grant unlimited charisma to the ruler who owns it. The Heart-Pot became known as the Niger Heart-Pot in 1153 AD when it mysteriously showed up in the local king's palace. The Niger Heart-Pot was hidden in a tomb in 1883, to prevent French soldiers from capturing it. It was unearthed in 1936 by archeologists from Tri-State University and smuggled out of French West Africa. The Niger Heart-Pot has been kept at Tri-State University since early 1937.

Prior to yesterday's sale, Tri-State University had been under pressure to send the Niger Heart-Pot to the Smithsonian for safe-keeping. As Dr. Gauss noted: "a university museum is no place to keep something like that. It's a wonder it wasn't stolen years ago."

Next page - Scandal! TSU museum curator and Art Department Chairman missing

And, accompanying the text was the soon-to-be infamous trophy-shot with the caption:

Comandante Foxtrot posing with his prize and the lovely auction hostess Eveline Rogers

Great. It wasn't enough that she was known as the naked girl around the school, or around the city, or even the Tri-State region. No... now she had to be naked in front of the entire world.

Oh, boy... A quick check of the headlines made it clear the Niger Heart-Pot sale had become the art scandal of the decade. Across the US, arts and antiquities fans were closely following the story of how Tri-State University lost possession of one of the world's most valuable artifacts.

No one could blame either Nancy or Eveline for what had happened. Their job was to auction whatever was on the list and try to get the highest bid for the seller. It was not their place to question the legality or morality of any particular sale. Still, Eveline would become the face of the scandal. Her picture showed up in every single story covering the sale of the Niger Heart-Pot. Many of the pictures were censored or cropped from her shoulders up, but in a lot of publications they weren't. So, that was how the US and the international art community got introduced to the auction presenter Eveline Rogers.

Lance, as always, was fascinated by the new strange twist in his girlfriend's life and pressed her for details. As irritating as answering all those questions was for Eveline, it did take her mind off Jenny. The conversation concluded with Lance giving Eveline a quick history lesson about Comandante Foxtrot and making her realize how powerful and important he really was.

When the couple got back to Coach Strickland's place, Eveline could tell that Lance was hoping for a round of sex. At first she was not really in the mood, nor did she want Lance in her bedroom messing up sheets she had just washed the previous day. Still, she knew that sex with her boyfriend was the one thing in her life that could relax her.

Not wanting him in her room, and not wanting to risk messing up Coach Strickland's furniture, she managed to get Lance to lie on his back on the floor. It turned out he was so fascinated by her and so desperate for sex that he went along with what she wanted. She straddled him and forced him to make love to her in a position that was much more comfortable for her than it was for him.

It was at that moment Eveline realized something extremely important. Because of her weird situation of always being forced to be naked, people were fascinated by her. Her boyfriend, her coach, her team captain, her classmates, the auction customers... all of them.

With her clothes, she was nobody, just an ordinary, shy, nondescript, somewhat attractive blond girl. Without her clothes, she was an object of desire and fascination.

As she straddled her boyfriend and they both climaxed, she realized that if she managed things right, she could use her nakedness to get people to do what she wanted. Not just Jenny, but everyone.

----------

After Lance left the house, Eveline got on-line and read about the scandal over the Niger Heart-Pot. Sure enough, that infamous trophy-shot of Comandante Foxtrot with her and Nancy seemed to be posted everywhere, in every article. She was mortified seeing herself all over the Internet. Undoubtedly people would be crowding around her the next day, wanting to know the details. What was Comandante Foxtrot like? What was so important about the Niger Heart-Pot? What's it like, auctioning art in the nude? What's so great about art and antiques, anyway?

She realized that she needed to avoid looking like an idiot when she was barraged with all those requests for details. The questions were coming, and she'd better get ready to answer them. She needed to inform herself about what happened Wednesday night, which meant researching the biography of Comandante Foxtrot, the history of the West African Confederation, and the story of the infamous Niger Heart-Pot.

Over the next hour, Eveline experienced a profound change in her personality. At first she just wanted to be able to answer a bunch of intrusive questions and not look stupid to her classmates and teammates. However, as her research progressed, she actually became interested in the topics she was investigating.

Her desire to learn about the Niger Heart-Pot forced her to become familiar with the histories of ancient Egypt and ancient Babylonia, about the history of the Niger River Valley, about French West Africa, and about archeology in the 1930's. And she found out that no, early-20th Century archeology had nothing to do with Indiana Jones.

The next morning Eveline returned to her school the moment the building opened. She went to the library with her laptop and with a purpose. She now had the research topics she needed for term papers required for several classes, including World History, Appreciation of Art, and Introduction to Economics. Just 24 hours ago, she didn't have a clue what she was going to write about for any of those courses. Now she knew, and she was going to write the best damn term papers she could.

No. She would not be the one looking like an idiot when people started asking her stuff.