Everlasting Love!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Leo was beyond elated that Julie had said yes as he gave Julie the warmest bittersweet smile and produced a handkerchief. He wiped her tears away. "That's okay, Julie. We may not have twenty years together, but we have NOW, and we will get married as soon as possible!"

She nodded.

"Great, now we have SO much planning to do!" stated Leo. Leo knew Julie deserved the finest wedding at the Plaza Hotel, a dress by Vera Wang...the best wedding money could buy. He knew there was so little time. They had days, weeks at the most. He wanted to spend that time with

Julie...just being.

People can always surprise you. Surprisingly, it was Gail who stepped in and volunteered to do EVERYTHING! She told Leo she'd always wanted to be a wedding planner but never had the chance. Gail told him not to worry about it. Leo had told Gail there was no price limit on the wedding. Julie deserved the best!

Leo stayed with Julie, and soon, she was admitted to the palliative care ward. Leo and Julie were lovers.

Gail may have been a terrible gossip, but at heart, she was a good person. She deeply cared

for her friend Julie and was happy for her now to have Leo back. Julie deserved this!

Time was of the essence! Gail arranged for a pastor to be at the hospital's chapel. Then she went to Costco and got everything for the wedding. Some people might say that Gail was being insincere or making a mockery of the ceremony, but that would ignore the love that was pouring out of her heart.

Gail would have loved to plan an epic wedding worthy of Julie. Despite Gail's reputation as a flit-around gossip, Gail was, in fact, stone-cold practical. If she got everything at Costco, she would get back to the chapel sooner. Leo and Julie could have more time together as a married couple!

A few hours later, Gail had everything she needed (including the wedding dress!) Gail loaded everything up in her van and drove back to the hospital. It was a small wedding in the hospital chapel. Leo and Julie. Lisel and Gail were bridesmaids. Lisel, Gail, Julie's oncologist, Dr. Reeves and a few nurses attended. The pastor read the vows. Since they had so little time, Leo and Julie chose from the

Song of Songs for their theme.

Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm, for love is as strong as

death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty

flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. If one were to

give all the wealth of one's house for love, It would be utterly scorned.

Finally, after the vows spoken and the benediction spoken, after the couple had been blessed, Leo and Julie kissed. At long last, they were husband and wife. Leo wheeled Julie back to her room. Julie was too sick to do "anything"; Leo didn't want "that" either. It was not the goal of his regenerated love, just her complete happiness. Right now, in this brief moment, it was just enough for him to love Julie and hold her close.

A few days later, Julie and Leo cuddled together on the hospital bed. She passed with a warm

smile on her lips as he held her in his arms. Even if for him the time has been short, for Julie, it was truly "happily ever after."

Leo was simply amazed as he realized that he suddenly felt totally fulfilled, and he was truly happy and at peace for the first time in so many years. Somewhere on Earth, there was probably snow and peace. Julie and Leo had each other. Their last Christmas had been full of pain and anguish, but at long last, both of them had true love!

(Dear reader, I look forward to hearing from you. I was inspired by the Christmas Writing contest. I grew up thinking of the Christmas season as a time of great love, and I wanted to share a story of true love. I realize that there are a few questions still unanswered, but Julie's death was the last act in the story of their love.)

(Please rate and comment---good or bad!)