Everyday Evie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I snickered as my face became flushed. In barely a whisper I spoke, "I feel like a slut in these undies. Damn girl, there's hardly anything to them."

She laughed as she turned and closed the blinds, "This stays between you and me Ev."

Turning sideways she lifted the hem of her dress slightly. She was wearing a garter belt and sheer blue stockings. I suddenly became aware there were no panties when her ass cheek came into view. She was wearing a thong. I must have looked shocked as she dropped the dress.

"If you're a slut Ev, I'm an even bigger one. Mind you, no one but Roger see's this stuff, but man oh man does it make him want me. I don't particularly care for the thongs, but I wear one if I come here to see him and wear a dress. I close his office door and close the blinds. His hands don't stop roaming my body until I'm out the door. And you know what Ev? I love it."

With a playful snicker she was out the door. Seeing the belt and straps gave me an idea. I'd gotten one for each of the girls, maybe it was time their mother started wearing one with exotic stockings. Boy that would have the tongues wagging for sure. I was wrapping up for the day when Art stopped in my office. He was trying to be such a gentleman and not ogle, at the same time it became blatantly apparent he was looking me over.

He composed himself and with a gravely voice spoke, "Sorry I'm so late Ev. I was looking at houses and the realtor was late as usual. I need to get out of that cramped apartment. I think somebody is selling drugs at the other end of the complex. It served a purpose, now it's time to get out of there."

I was curious, "What part of town are you looking at?"

"A place on Tulip Dr, and one on Durham."

My ears perked up, "Really? I live on Rose street. All the streets in that part of town are named after flowers. I think it's kind of neat. Wow, Tulip is only two streets over from me."

At the door he stopped and turned toward me, "Please don't think I'm being fresh, but you look maaavelous as Billy Crystal would say. Have a good evening."

On the way home my mind replayed his statement, "you look maavelous". No one had ever called me anything more than my name, not even my dipshit ex when we first started dating. I liked it, it was time to up my game and see where life might lead, maybe Art would be the one to capture and heal my aching heart. With the girls away at school I was ready for adventure, not screw every man in three counties kind of adventure, but certainly something outside the box I had created.

I also decided that I could look good and be attractive without having to be slutty about it. After all, millions of other housewives were successful doing so, why not me? I was so stoked that I drove from work into the city and stopped at Millie's. Janice was just about to close when I walked through the door. Walking past me she turned off the "open" sign and locked the door.

"What's up Ev, you look hurried.

I knew my face was red as I stammered, "Um, I, um, I want a belt and stockings."

Jan laughed, "You'd like a garter belt and some stockings. Is that correct?" I nodded. "Then why the red face Ev? Garter belts and stockings have become quite popular again, it isn't just our mom's and grandparents who wear them. When they were young women it's how you kept the nylons up, with panty hose that went by the wayside for a time. It's back and stronger than ever."

I was flabbergasted, "Really? Women are wearing them with stockings all the time? Not just to tease in the bedroom?"

"Oh heavens yes. I wear one with stockings every day unless it's beastly hot and muggy. I have nice legs and why not show them off? I mean in a decent sort of way, only Rick gets to see above the hem of my dress, it boosts my confidence to feel attractive in a sexual manner. Especially for my Rick."

I wasn't sure how to respond to her statement, "I'm going to be blatantly honest Janice. I only recently started wearing the panties and bras I bought a few years ago. I have to say I love the feel and I'm beginning to adapt to the difference in waistline compared to full briefs."

She smiled, "Well at least you're wearing them. What about the old ones? Did you toss them?"

"You bet I did. Jan, I need more underwear, at least one belt and stockings. Will you have time tonight or should I come back?"

With her arm around my shoulder she led me toward the stockings, "It's Ricks night to bowl so there's no need to hurry home. If you're willing to buy me supper, I think the rest is doable."

By the time we left and headed to a diner named Sammy's I had purchased another half dozen pair of panties. All silk, four of them hip huggers and the other two bikini's. Three more bras, a red, white and black belt and a half dozen pair of assorted stockings. I took Jan's advice and got one pair with seams after she told me Rick slowly stripped her clothes off except for the belt and stockings the first time he saw her in seamed stockings. With a giggle and red face she told me he had her bent over the kitchen table giving her what for hoping no one would walk through the back yard.

That was good enough for me. I had no idea whom I might be that bold with but being ready wouldn't be a bad thing. Perhaps, just perhaps, sexy undies would begin reawakening what I had felt in years gone by, I hadn't always been a sad looking frump. Lying in bed I caught myself wondering just how bold I should be with Art, or if I should be bold at all. Maybe he wasn't interested. I decided I needed to let him take the lead and if he did, not sabotage what may develop into a relationship before it could begin.

For the first time in literally years I felt a warm glow within my nether region. I couldn't think of any other way to describe it, almost as if it were an ember made to glow with a bit of oxygen. I hadn't touched myself in a sensual manner in years, but that night I found my hand on the outside of my panties lying on top of my mound thinking about Art. And I wasn't sure why, after all we were only acquainted based around our work situation.

I was up early, showered and drying off as I walked past the full-length mirror on the back of the door. Looking at myself I cupped my breasts with the towel and whispered.

"What's it gonna be today you sexy thing? Black, or red?"

I laughed, "Red it is then. Panties, bra and belt. I'll wear those white diamond patterned stockings with the grey skirt and white silk blouse. That'll give the wagging tongues in the office something to talk about, and hopefully interest Art as well."

I had been correct in my assessment of how things would be in the office. I had numerous compliments from not only men but most of the office girls as well. Roger stopped by just after lunch, closed the door and sat.

"New look Ev? I think you look great, just be careful. We have a no sexual harassment rule, but some of these guys are brain dead when it comes to a pretty woman. With that said I need to be nosy. Is the new look for someone in particular, or just because you wanted a new look?"

I blushed a deep red, "It's actually a bit of both Roger. I'm tired of being the woman everyone looks at, but no one sees. As for someone in particular. I would like to believe that can happen. I know I wouldn't rebuff the attention of at least one certain gentleman."

He was grinning from ear to ear, "And do I happen to know this certain gentleman?"

I chuckled, "I hope so, you hired him."

At the door he turned, "The wifey said you guys were meant to get together after she'd spoken with you in the office. I guess she was right. By the way, I have no idea what you two talked about, but I hope it happens often. She was a hellcat when I got home. Oops, TMI. My apologies."

I was standing at the file cabinet when Art stopped to collect the trash. I turned when I heard a noise to find Art standing in the doorway with a look of astonishment on his face. It seemed as though he'd lost his breath as he stood with his mouth open but saying nothing. I decided to break the barrier.

"Hi Art. Are you having a good day?"

He groaned softly before speaking, "Oh my goodness Evie, you're beautiful."

Then he clammed up, put his head down, grabbed the bags of shredded documents and scurried out the door. I was left dazed wondering what I'd done wrong to make him scoot away so quickly. Feeling slightly dejected as I walked through the plant toward the back lot where we employees parked. I was startled when I heard my name being called softly. It was Art working on one of the machines. Walking to me he seemed to be unsure.

"Miss Evie. I need to apologize for making that comment. I know they have rules here about such, and well, I don't want to get in trouble. I like my job and don't want to lose it."

I was the one now unsure what he was talking about and said so. He straightened and looked directly at me.

"The comment about you being beautiful, which you are, but I didn't want you to think I was being forward or a perv or whatever they call skin hounds these days. Oh crap, now I've made it even worse. At any rate, please forgive me, it won't happen again."

I found myself thinking *this poor guy, he thinks he's in deep doodoo without knowing how much I had loved what he said*. It was time to put his mind at rest.

"What if I told you I liked what you said Art? I can't recall the last time someone other than my twin girls told me I was beautiful. I'm trying to change from frumpy Evie to a more attractive Evie. Your comment gave me a huge boost of confidence. No, there won't be anything said other than this. Thank you, you made my day."

About five feet from the door I looked back, he was still staring. I put a little extra swing in my hips as I exited hoping he liked what he was seeing. Just after nine my phone rang. It couldn't be the girls, they always call on Sunday. Who would be calling me at nine o'clock on a Thursday? I answered reservedly.

"Hello?"

I instantly recognized the voice, "Hi Evie, I apologize for calling so late, I just got off work. Earl and the crew stayed over, we needed to get one of the machines online for the morning shift which took longer than anticipated."

"Oh that's okay Art. Why did it take longer than you thought?"

He was quiet a long time before he responded, "Earl has some unorthodox ways of doing things and he refuses to listen to any suggestions. We could have been done by 7:30 if he'd have listened to what us other guys were saying. It's like he was determined to get in as much overtime as possible. Nate was quite pissed. Earl knew his son's band concert was on Thursaday and he missed it."

I had to ask, "How often does this stuff happen Art? Is this every day, every other week, once a month? What? That's costing all of us money. Roger has told me time and again, the more money the company makes the more money he can pay us. So wasting it on unnecessary overtime is BS."

I couldn't tell if he was growling or grunting before he spoke, "Let me put it this way. It happens more than it needs to. I've been around mechanical things all my life and he still does things the way they were done 20 years ago. It's like he learned one way and has no desire to ever improve on that. I'm not trying to run the man down, but it could be much better. More efficient."

"Is that why you called Art?"

"No, no. I wanted to say again that I'm sorry for the way I spoke. At the same time was what you said true? That you didn't mind me saying how pretty you are?"

I sighed, "Not at all. It was very flattering to be called beautiful at my age." With a soft giggle I continued. "You can do that anytime you'd like."

We spoke in generalities another five minutes and then said our goodbyes. The next day was Friday, blue jeans day. I smiled as I donned sexy bikini panties and the bra that clipped in the front. I didn't own any tight jeans, but I did have a few pairs that were snug and hugged my bottom quite nicely. A pair of those along with a semi sheer blouse and a matching-colored bra is what I wore to work. You couldn't see through the blouse beyond a faint shadow which is what I wanted.

By days end I had received several compliments on my attire and new look. At 4:25 Art hadn't been by to collect my trash and I wondered where he might be. At 4:30 my phone rang, it was Roger and he wanted me to come to his office right away. Wow I wondered, what could this be about? When I reached Lulu at the receptionist desk she pointed at his door and nodded. Imagine my surprise when I opened the door and saw Art sitting in one of the chairs opposite Roger's desk. Roger motioned for me to sit in the chair next to Art.

"Thanks for coming right away Ev. With you being the CFO I wanted to make you aware of some changes. I know I should have talked with you sooner, but things cropped up overnight. First, Earl is gone as of today, he'll no longer be employed here. I've overlooked his inability to stay abreast of changes for too many years. I'll have the paperwork to you by Wednesday next week concerning his profit-sharing payout."

I lifted my hand signaling I'd like to talk, "Who will take over maintenance? Are you going to advertise locally or promote from within?"

Roger smiled, "Always thinkin ahead, one more reason why I'm glad you're here. Nate will be taking over the maintenance crew. Art and I have been talking this afternoon, he will be moving to full time dayshift. I'll hire my oldest son to do trash every day, he's been fussing about a part time job. This will fit in with his school activities. Ev I'd like you to sit down with Art Monday morning to go over salary and benefits. I'll have my son come talk with you after school lets out. Give him the lowdown on his hourly wage and how direct deposit works."

He continued, "With Nate running maintenance you and I will need to go over his compensation package and make adjustments accordingly. If you two have no questions we're done. Art finish your shift and start dayshift come Monday. See Evie at 8:30 Monday morning. I've already spoken with Nate about the changes and you meeting with Evie."

Art and I looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and told him we were fine. Walking side by side to my office he stopped at the door.

"I'll be around to get the trash soon. I won't get out of here until after eight which is too late to do anything, but with-it being Friday would you let me take you to breakfast in the morning?"

I didn't need to ponder the question, "Yes, I'd like that very much."

He smiled, "Good, I'll pick you up at eight if that's not too early." I shook my head as he continued speaking. "By the way, you look as pretty in jeans as you do in a dress. You're like a ray of sunshine in my life. See you at eight. Oh, what's your address?"

I was a nervous wreck the next morning. By seven thirty I had changed clothes three times other than underwear. I finally looked in the mirror and scolded myself. *He said he likes you in jeans, just do that for cryin out loud. *

After a leisurely meal and a second cup of coffee at Sammy's I made mention of going grocery shopping. His eyes brightened as a smile invaded his face.

"Really? That's what I'm gonna do. Maybe we could go together instead of me taking you home to get your car."

Which we did. Talking, laughing, debating on which type of pickle was best, just a lot of silly stuff like that. When I pulled out a special kind of bread that I like from the frozen section his eyes looked at the price on the shelf.

"Seven bucks for a loaf of bread? Really?"

"It's one of my very few food indulgences. The other is that I love raspberries, but I don't buy them often because when they're out of season they're horribly expensive. Oh, and I love good strawberry ice cream."

By the time he had helped me unload and get the groceries in the house it was late morning. I had laundry to do and so did he. I didn't know him well enough to offer my machines instead of him going to the laundromat. Just before five my phone pinged indicating that I had a text message.

Art: Hi. Got plans for supper?

Me: Nope, what did you have in mind?

Art: I thought I'd pick up a pizza and bring it over.

Me: Sounds good. I have pop, beer and milk. If you want something else you'll need to pick it up.

Art: Milk is fine. I'm not much of a drinker anymore. I'll see you in an hour.

I was dressed in old baggy comfies when he called, I decided to stay that way. I needed to know if he was truly interested in me and who I am, or was it what I wore? I saw him pull in the driveway and was waiting with the door open when he walked up the steps. He glanced at me and whistled. Inside the door I stepped in front of him.

"What was the whistle about?" I asked.

"He was grinning, "You look as good in old comfortable clothes as you do in dress clothes. You're amazing Evie. Simply amazing."

After setting the pizza on the table he handed me a small bag. Upon opening it I began to cry. I hugged him and then stood a few inches away.

"Raspberries! You sweet, sweet man. Thank you so much, I'll get two bowls so we can share."

"Stop Evie. No, those are for you. I didn't get them for me. I want you to eat all of them, well maybe not tonight but you know what I mean."

Our evening together was enjoyable. I asked about his wife and daughter. He teared up and talked a little, but not much. He mentioned the years of being a hermit in Alaska made him realize it wasn't what Audrey, his late wife, would have wanted. His comment was,

"I'm sick and tired of being alone and tired, I've grieved long enough, it's time to reconnect with humanity. Again, I don't want to be forward, but you fill a huge role in me feeling like a man with a purpose once more."

I found myself swooning over this sweet, wonderful man. Feelings I thought had been gone forever were slowly but surely resurfacing. As the evening wound down I walked with him to his truck where I let him kiss me goodnight with a promise that we'd see one another at work. Lying in the dark I couldn't get past how quickly I was letting myself fall for this guy. I'd only known him a short while and hadn't really had contact with him on a personal level until a few days ago. When the girls called on Sunday, they knew something was up. Karen was the first to mention anything.

"Mom, what's going on? You haven't sounded this chipper in a long time. Did you finally meet someone? Is he tall, dark and handsome? Spill Mom."

Helen reiterated the same. It was time to tell them of my hopes and dreams.

"Yes, I met a man. He's a widower, very sweet, caring, and attentive. He bought me raspberries. Can you believe that? Raspberries."

I recognized Helen's groan, "Raspberries? Seriously mom. You're thinking of jumping in bed with some guy because he bought you raspberries?"

I spouted, "Helen Agnus, don't talk to me like that. I said nothing about sleeping with anyone. I mentioned I'd met a man and that's all."

Karen quickly jumped into the mix, "Shut up Helen. Christ on a cracker girl, you sure know how to fu ... I mean mess things up. She has a point though mom. Just how well do you know this guy?"

"Girls, back the bus up. I've said nothing about going to bed with any man. I practice the same thing I taught you. An aspirin held firmly between the knees will keep you safe. His name is Art, he works at the plant in maintenance. I've known him a few months. His wife and daughter were killed in a horrible car accident about eight years ago. After his family was killed he moved to Alaska living like a hermit until last year, he's been trying to reconnect with the world since. He's a kind and gentle man girls."

Both girls apologized and then carried on a normal Sunday afternoon conversation just as they'd done every Sunday since leaving our local campus and heading to the main university. Art and I began spending more time together, a movie, a meal, grocery shopping and an occasional walk along the river running through the parks. He liked old engines and stuff like that, we sought out and attended a few old steam engine shows that were far more interesting than I had imagined they could be.