Everyday I'm Shuffling: Book 2 Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When she didn't answer, I pulled up my Facebook. I knew I hid Jake from my news feed, but now I needed to see his recent status to get some idea if he was just supporting friends or was going out to meet new women. I went to my friend list and searched Jake's name. I frowned when I did not see him. Did he unfriend me? I searched his name. I didn't find it that way either. What the fuck? Did he delete his profile?

Sammy called me back, interrupting my search.

"Hey, what's up?"

"I'm coming up there. I can't stay here anymore by myself. I'm driving myself crazy."

"Hold on. What's going on?" She asked.

"Rocky is setting up Jackie and Malik and Jake is going to be there. He doesn't want me there. Probably because he wants to meet other women..." I moaned.

"So? You should feel bad for whoever falls for his shit." Sammy said.

"What do you think of his last Facebook status?" I asked her.

"One second." She said. A couple of moments later, she responded. "Who cares about that? Why are you worried about what he did to his car? Fuck him!" Sammy declared.

"I can't see his status. He blocked me." I said, dejectedly.

"I'm gonna be home soon. Go in the kitchen and get my bottle of SoCo. Take a shot and make a list of everything you hate about Jake. I mean everything!"

I nodded. "Ok."

I got off the phone and did what she asked. I took 5 shots as I composed the list.

Secretive about his past.

LIES BY OMISSION 

Hypocrisy of demanding the truth from me 

Jealousy about any guy! 

Major trust issues that he made me feel were my fault 

Confrontational about every little thing I did wrong 

Admitted he was testing my feelings for him 

Control Freak 

Sexual freak

I giggled as I debated the last one. Ok, I didn't hate it when he was a freak with me, but I knew he would move on with a random skank sooner or later. So yeah, I hated that about him.

I added another one and took another shot,

Manwhore!!!

I took one more shot and continued.

Charming bullshit from sexy lips

Stupid perfect body and talented tongue

Fucking Dimple!!!

When I started to feel the shots hit me, I put the list away. I pulled back up my Facebook. I posted all the pictures of me, Sammy, Lamar, and Patrick at the party. I didn't before because I didn't wanna play Sammy's game of trying to be the "winner" of the breakup. Jake couldn't see my page anyway, so fuck it! I also uploaded a video of me and Patrick in a how low can you go contest at the party. Patrick won, only because he could do the Matrix, and my back and knees did not work like that. I originally didn't post it because I lost, but I looked great and danced even better. And, I could tag Sammy in it so if Jake still followed her, he would see it!

I traded the SoCo for Moscato before I proceeded to delete every photo with Jake in it. I didn't wanna be spiteful or look like I regretted our time together, but if Jake wanted to erase me from his life, I could do the same thing. I changed my profile pic from the trip to Vegas to one that Lamar took of me at the rooftop bar. The Dallas skyline was in the background and I was posing for the camera with my hand on my hip and a little smile on my face. I looked carefree, happy, independent, and ready to take on anything.

I saw I had new notifications on my page already. I had comments and likes on my pictures. I also saw Megan comment on the video of EJ rocking out on the drums I posted the other day.

Megan: I've been wondering why he has been beating on everything recently.

I commented right away,

Me: Practice! He has a natural rhythm! He's the next Justin Bieber!

Megan: Ahhh!!! 😲 I'm locking him in his room as we speak.

Me: lol, not present-day Bieber. Young Bieber #NeverSayNever

Megan: I can say I've never seen the movie

Me: It's actually kinda awesome. He was drumming at like 2.

Megan: Of course you are a Belieber!

Me:Go listen to U Smile. I will turn you into a Belieber.

We went back and forth a little more, quoting Justin Bieber's quotes and lyrics. It was actually fun chatting with her. I looked at the half-empty bottle of wine. Maybe I should slow down...

I was surprised when Sammy made it home around 11 pm. The bar wasn't even closed yet.

"Sammy!" I cheered from the couch, enthusiastically.

"Get up! We gotta move!!!" Sammy grinned at me.

"Huh?" I asked, stretching out on the couch where I was laying. I was soooo comfortable.

"I texted Jackie. I know where there are at. Get dressed. We're crashing." Sammy explained.

"No way. Have some wine. Let's read my list!" I said. Where the fuck did I put it?

"Grab your list. Bring it with you. You can read it to him." Sammy said, pulling me up from the couch.

I groaned and stood. I followed her up the stairs. I went to my room and looked at my closet. I took a step towards it before flopping on my bed.

Fuck Jake. If he was over me, I was ten times over him. The only time I would spend on him was to forget about him.

I fell asleep with that thought in my head.

----------------------------------------

The next morning, I woke up, with a splitting headache. I downed ibuprofen and hopped into the shower. Sammy and Corey, Rocky and Brandon, and Rachel and Forrest were meeting at the DART rail station into 11 am to head to the fair. I wanted to look amazing so I wouldn't look or feel like a 7th wheel. I was going to be single, independent, fun-loving, and freaking hot! At least, that is what my appearance was going to reflect. After a few beers, I was sure my personality would match.

After showering, I straightened my hair and put a few waves in my hair with the flat iron. I wore a black sleeveless bodysuit that tucked in my stomach with my favorite flattering black ripped jeans. I did a natural face and pulled on an oversized cardigan and was ready to go.

I did a natural face and pulled on an oversized cardigan and was ready to go

I slid my phone and wallet into my small purse and headed to Sammy's room. I contemplated checking Facebook to see if there were any photos from last night, but I fought the urge and knocked on Sammy's door.

Fuck Jake. Don't think about him...

When she told me to come in, I did. She was sitting on her bed, in a jean short skirt and a tight black long-sleeve shirt. She looked me over.

"You look all dressed up." Sammy said, returning to her phone.

"Nah, I woke up like this". I smiled at her. "Is Corey still driving?"

Sammy nodded.

"Let's go pre-game it then" I said, enthusiastically.

"Didn't you have enough last night?" She snorted.

I laughed. "Apparently. C'Mon!"

We went downstairs and took a shot before Sammy turned to me.

"You wanna know about last night at all?" She asked.

"You didn't go, did you!?!"

She shook her head. "No, but Jackie told me everything."

I kept my face neutral at the way she said everything.

"Don't care." I lied.

"What?"

"That's right. Don't care. Only thing I care about today is eating nothing but fried food, riding rides, and having a good fucking time." I said, hoping I sounded as confident as I was trying to pretend to be. Sammy grinned at me.

"Sounds like a plan!" Sammy said before we clinked glasses and downed a shot.

Corey picked us up right on time and we headed to the Rail station. It would drop us off right in front of Fair Park and we wouldn't have to worry about parking. Even better, it connected with the TRE, the train station in Fort Worth. Rachel and I coordinated our trips so they would be boarding our train to the fair. When we got there, I was shocked to see Malik and Jackie with Brandon and Rocky.

What. The. Fuck.

Malik must have read the shock on my face, cause he just gave me a grin. I greeted everyone before I trailed Corey to buy tickets.

"Urgh, fuck my life right now." I groaned on the way.

"What's up?" Corey asked.

"I get to be 9th wheel. One of the couples is my ex's friend. It was my idea to set them up." I explained.

Corey laughed. "Your life is like a tragic comedy."

I smiled. "Who are you telling?"

"Just hang out with Sammy and me. I already told you we're just friends." Corey offered, pushing buttons on the ticket machine.

"Why is that?" I asked. "Is that what you want?"

"Yes, because every guy wants to be in the friend zone." He answered, sarcastically. When I gave him a look, he continued. "I like her but she has guards up. It's like a fortress, outside of a maze. Then once you get past the maze, there's a moat and a dragon and-"

"I get it." I cut him off.

"No, not yet. You didn't let me get to the robotic guard dogs or the reset button that makes you go all the way back to start." Corey finished. He handed me a ticket.

"Thank you. I have nothing but free time now. It would be my pleasure to help you past her guards. Apparently, I'm a matchmaker now." I told him.

Corey smiled as we headed back. We huddled next to Sammy until the train came. Everyone sat in pairs. Rocky offered to sit next to me, but I purposely kept walking a whole section away from her. I found a window seat in the last car and sat, waiting for the train to take off. Sammy and Corey joined me in that section.

The train had made three stops when Malik decided to move to sit by me. I stared at him, expectantly.

"Hey. Good to see you." He said, casually.

"Wish I could say the same, but this is fucking weird." I said, crossing my arms.

"I know, but Jackie and I hit it off-"

"How? Did y'all fuck already?" I interrogated him.

Malik shook his head with a little smile. "I don't recall you being so blunt."

"Don't recall anything. That pathetic person you met is nothing like the real me." I informed him.

"That's a shame. Jake is still in love with that person." Malik said.

It was on the tip of my tongue to tell him my new mantra, "Fuck Jake." when the train stopped again and he went back to his seat by Jackie.

"What was that about?" Sammy asked me.

"Absolutely nothing." I answered.

After seeing we were a few stops away from the meeting point for the TRE, I texted Rachel we were in the last car. She texted me back ok.

When we connected, I saw Forrest immediately as he boarded the train and waved him over. I was pleasantly surprised to see Blake with them. I met Blake previously at the mud run and Forrest's football watch party. He was looking cute today in fitted jeans, a Cowboys shirt, and a flirty smile. The few times I interacted with him, he came off as a flirt, but I never encouraged it because of Jake. I stood up and waved at Forrest, gave Rachel a hug, and returned Blake's smile.

"I didn't know you were coming." I greeted Blak as I sat down. I was so glad when he sat down next to me.

"I am a surprise. A good one, I hope." He smiled at me.

"Would be better if you weren't wearing that shirt." I kidded, playfully. I knew how defensive he was about his Cowboys.

"Hater. Did you see that blowout last week?" He asked me.

"Blowout? Y'all won by 7." I exclaimed.

"Yeah, but we basically gave them 14." He shrugged.

"Geez, cowboy fans even when y'all win y'all have excuses." I goated him.

"Yeah? What's the Niners excuse this year?" He asked.

"Still beat the cowboys so-" I finished my statement by sticking out my tongue.

"Nice tongue." He grinned.

"Thank you. No complaints." I threw back.

His smile widens.

By the time we got to the fair, I was so excited. After introductions were made at the main gate while we waited to buy tickets, I pulled Forrest aside.

"Thank you for inviting Blake."

"I didn't." He answered shortly, "Rachel did."

"Well, regardless, thanks. So glad I don't have to be the odd man out."

He opened his mouth to respond, but Rachel called him over. After we purchased tickets and coupons, we made our way to the fair. It was super crowded, so Rocky decided we should make our way to the back and work our way back to the front, so that's what we did. Forrest mapped out all the food we talked about trying, so we hit those booths first.

Being from Louisiana, Forrest wanted to try the fried crab boil. After one bite, I knew why it was a big taste winner. The combination of shrimp, potatoes, and lemon all fried up was amazing. It was Brandon, Forrest, and Rocky's favorite. Mine was the Sriracha Balls. Chicken, veggies, and sriracha rolled up in crushed tortilla chips, then dipped in sriracha! They were addictive. I felt like someone invented them with me in mind.

"Yes, because they knew how much you liked spicy balls." Blake grinned at me. I cracked up laughing before I could take another bite.

"Yep. I can never just have one spicy ball." I laughed.

Rocky and I shared chicken fried loaded baked potato and I ended up giving my Fried Texas Pie to Forrest. Pecan pie, peach cobbler, and buttermilk pie fried and served with ice cream were just too much. I could feel my teeth rotting and my butt widening with just one bite.

Everyone tried Funnel Cake beer. I laughed when Blake grimaced at the taste.

"Are you a beer drinker?" I asked him.

"Yes, that's why I can't drink this. All I taste is sugar."

"There is powdered sugar around the rim." I teased.

"Lick it off for me." He said, holding the cup to my mouth. I grinned and licked off a small section. He drank afterward.

"I think it got sweeter." He winked at me.

I giggled. Before I could think of anything smart to say, Rocky asked to borrow me, pulling me away.

"What are you doing?" She asked me.

"Hanging out at the fair. What does it look like?" I asked.

"With that Blake kid. Don't do anything just because you're upset about Jake-"

"I'm not even thinking about Jake!" I protested. I wasn't. Beer and Blake were taking care of that.

Rocky sighed. "Just stop and think things through-"

"I am. I'm single. I can do what I want. Jake is not thinking about me, so I'm not thinking about him either." I said before I finished my beer and headed back to the group.

Blake offered me his beer. "You want the rest?"

"I do." I smiled at him as I took it.

After finishing our beers, we headed to the Midway. I had so much fun with Blake. He was down for whatever I wanted to do. We rode rides together and he just laughed at me when I squealed in excitement or fear. Trevor would have joined in, but Blake wasn't a bad substitute. We got on Alpine Bob's together. We sat down and waited for the ride to fill up. Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" came on as we waited. I danced in my seat and sang along.

He just put his arm around me before the ride finally took off.

When it stopped, I saw Sammy and Corey waiting for us. We made our way out of the ride and over to them.

"Everyone is meeting at the Ferris wheel." Sammy told me.

I nodded.

Sammy grabbed my arm and let the guys lead us.

"What's going on with you and Blake?" She asked, excitedly.

"Nothing."

"Y'all look super comfortable. His hand was on your boob."

"No it wasn't and if it was, it was an accident. The ride pressed us together."

"Sure..." Sammy said, her voice full of disbelief as we met up with everyone.

Paired up, we all rode the Ferris Wheel together. When we got to the very top, Blake and I took a selfie. We got Fletcher's corn dogs, cotton candy, and candy apples as we headed to the front. We posed around Big Tex before we headed to the DART station.

"This was so much fun." I smiled at Blake as we sat, waiting for the train.

"It doesn't have to end. Head to Fort Worth with us." He invited me.

"What did y'all have planned?"

"Nothing, but I wasn't planning on going to the fair. Sometimes the best plans are the spontaneous ones." Blake smiled at me.

I smiled back. "Ok. I'm down."

Sammy and Corey immediately agreed to join us. Forrest agreed too while Rachel nodded in agreement. Rocky claimed exhaustion and Brandon had to work in the morning, so they declined. Jackie wanted to, but her daughter would be back home from a friend's house, since Malik was her ride, he was leaving too.

As our group got off the DART, Rocky called out to me. "Make smart decisions." I responded by making devil's horns signs and sticking out my tongue at her.

"So what's the plan? Or are we doing the whole best-laid plans are spontaneous route?" Forrest asked Blake.

Blake gave him a look that said shut up. "I was thinking the Stockyards. Ever been?" He questioned me.

"Never. Forrest told me about it though. A true western experience right?" I replied.

"That's right. I'm going to turn you into a cowgirl tonight." Blake smiled at me.

"Sounds good to me!"

"Let's go check out the train schedule." Forrest said to Blake.

"I'll join y'all. I need to check when the last train heads back to Dallas." Corey said, joining them.

"Cowgirl huh? My favorite position." Sammy commented, as soon as the boys left.

"Ohmygosh. Stop! There is nothing going on." I said, nudging her.

"Yet." Rachel added. "I'm sensing a connection..."

"There's no connection. I don't even know him." I pointed out.

"Even more reason to get to know him better." Sammy said, wiggling her eyebrows. "The best way to get over someone is by getting under someone else."

"Gross Sammy." I said while Rachel laughed. "Speaking of getting over someone, are you over Trevor?"

"Why do you ask?" Sammy replied.

"Because Corey feels like you friend-zoned him." I said.

"I'm just not rushing things."

"You should tell him that." I told Sammy. The guys returned before she could respond. The train arrived and we boarded it. On the ride to Fort Worth, Blake asked me if I liked country music.

"Of course. I love Taylor Swift!"

He groaned. "She is not country."

I grinned. "Fine. I haven't had much exposure to it, but I don't dislike it."

"The bar we're going to is a great introduction." Blake told me.

"I'm so ready." I said.

We rode over to Billy Bob's in Fort Worth in Blake's truck. It advertised itself as the biggest honky-tonk club in the world. I believed it. There was an indoor rodeo arena, and a separate restaurant area, on top of being a club with multiple bar stations, a dance floor, a stage for concerts, pool tables, and arcade games.

There was a concert going on by an artist that even Blake had never heard of. We found a bar near the pool tables and arcade games. Forrest ordered a round of Shiners and Blake ordered us whiskey shots, Wild Turkey to be specific. It burned but was child's play compared to Jose's moonshine. I drank Forrest's shot too after he turned it down, trying to push away the thought of Jake and the memory of how his lips tasted after he drank his dad's homemade whiskey. It worked. Barely.

After our shots, we grabbed our beers and Blake took us around the club. We took pictures by a prop bull and then walked the Wall of Fame with celebrity hand prints. Blake promised to educate me on country music and dancing really soon.

"Some Thursdays, they have free dance lessons. You should come with me the next time they do." Blake mentioned.

"Do they teach twerking?" I asked, with a shimmy.

"No. Line dancing, but I don't mind you learning that too." Blake flirted with me.

"Perfecting you mean." I teased him back.

"Yes ma'am." He said, putting his arm around my waist.

"A pool table just opened up. Let's go play." Forrest pointed out, quickly.

"You suck at pool." Blake told Forrest.

"So? Let's go." Forrest repeated, plainly.

We made our way over and played a game. The first round was partners, then the guys played while the girls watch. Forrest was ok, but he did suck compared to Blake. He was extremely good. I was definitely impressed. He made sure I was watching every time he made a trick shot. Corey wasn't as cocky, but he kept up with Blake. Forrest let them face off together.