Everything that Glitters

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Texican1830
Texican1830
1,480 Followers

She swore she held out until she won the NFR for the first time, and then succumbed, drunk, and drugged without her knowledge, in the party her daddy hosted after the rodeo. She admitted that her success accelerated her demise, and she began to believe her daddy's constant harping about her being too good to be married to a loser like Zane.

She described the terror of waking up hung over and still strung out, knowing she was scheduled to appear on local TV and radio that day. She described her aborted movie career, which ended after a minor role, saying the next role she was offered was nothing more than porn. Of course, her 'agent' dad thought it would lead to greater things and got mad when she refused.

Looking him directly in the eye, Cassie stoically stated, "Zane, once I cheated on you, lying to you was easy. I used drugs to get me through the day, and more drugs to keep me from admitting what a slut and whore I was, so I quit calling you and Casey except on holidays. I could not even think of you or my daughter because it broke my heart each time I did. Yes, the stories you heard were true; I did some truly horrible things. It was easy to take the drugs and use whatever man was available to keep me from thinking about what a fuckup I had become.

The problem was, you can't stay drunk or high all the time, and sobriety was gut-wrenching. It wasn't withdrawal from the drugs; sobriety meant memories came flooding back, and I knew I had ruined my reputation and the life we had planned. You and my daughter, my mother, and all the friends I had gained over the years abandoned me, because I had abandoned them.

My 'friends' had become people like Rick, and yes, he wasn't lying -- to my eternal shame, I had sex with him and with number of others just like him.

I was in a spiral headed straight to hell, and I couldn't pull out. But then God intervened."

***

So, what do you think, boys and girls? Can someone "see the light" and turn their life around? Or once a cheater always a cheater? Divine intervention? Rebirth? Reborn a virgin? Really?

Come on, you see their stories on the news: they write books, do TV interviews, and have movies made about them. Robbers, murderers, billionaires who destroyed lives in the name of profit - and then they see the light, take the pledge, and become productive, trustworthy members of society.

The bible is full of them, right? The tax collector who became a disciple. Saul, the murderer of Christians who becomes Paul, the right hand of Christ. Rehabilitated and reborn.

What about Cassie? Takes the pledge, goes two years without sex, sacrifices her relationship with everyone she loves because she is unworthy of their love. What does she deserve?

Zane is deeply troubled. Things were simple before, if sad...now what?

Texican1830
Texican1830
1,480 Followers