All Comments on 'Fairytale of New York'

by StillStunned

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
lAnatomistelAnatomiste5 months ago

Belongs in "Romance!" :^) :^)

Worth good dozen stars at the least.

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuy5 months ago

A lovely fairy tale and a fitting tribute that manages to capture some of the song's sense of melancholy.

<br>

I appreciate how you portrayed an introvert's feeling of sinking deeper and deeper into oneself. Such a bizarre mix of comfort/satisfaction and loneliness/pain.

<br>

I particularly liked the paragraph that begins, "It filled him up, and made him feel hollow." What a wonderful set of contradictions that paragraph conveys.

<br>

It's difficult to generate genuine emotion in a short fantasy piece that doesn't allow much space for the characters to breathe (in this case, literally). But you pull it off. Well done!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun5 months ago

5 Stars! Brilliantly executed! Thank you for sharing.

oneagainstoneagainst5 months ago

It's a christmas miracle, so of course 5*. I liked the pacing and the way you managed to build a world and delivery a HEA inside 1800 words!

But, I was expecting them to be singing "Galway Bay" :-)

BazzleBazzle5 months ago

Nicely done!

DevinterDevinter5 months ago

Stunning. Breathtaking. Original. Brilliant. Another absolute homerun from you, as far as I am concerned. Maybe your best work yet, honestly. I hope you win the competition with this. You are an inspiration, and I raise my glass to you tonight. Cheers!

onehitwandaonehitwanda5 months ago

Dark and different, and so much the better for both. 💙

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaru5 months ago

Beautifully crafted short story. I love it.

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking5 months ago

Aww. I had to see what all the comments were about and I was not disappointed. You've done more in 1800 words than I could in 18k.

Priscilla_JunePriscilla_June5 months ago

This was so sweet! 😭

AG31AG314 months ago

At a personal level, this is not to my taste. But it's clearly very well done. It's tender and the descriptions are evocative. Good five starr job!

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack4 months ago

That was absolutely beautiful.

Victoria14xsVictoria14xs4 months ago

So moving. Just gorgeous.

Djmac1031Djmac10314 months ago

And haven't we all felt like a troll sometimes?

Well done, sweet little story.

UnquietDreamsUnquietDreams3 months ago

Wonderful little fairy tale. Out of the park, bud.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userStillStunned@StillStunned
I love redheads, cats and writing dirty stories. --- FAQ --- Q: Any redheads in particular? A: Yes, my wife. Q: Your avatar shows a cat. Are you...? A: No, I'm not a cat. I'm a fat middle-aged bloke. Q: Who do you write your stories for? A: I write strokers for my wife's en...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES