All Comments on 'Faith'

by FreyaGersemi

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
chytownchytownabout 2 months ago

*****Very touching and heart breaking. Well written sad story. Thanks for the read.

AchtungNightAchtungNightabout 2 months ago
Good beginning

Wondering where things will go from here.

luv2custripluv2custripabout 2 months ago

What are you doing, Freya? Writing stories that bring tears to my eyes without a hint of sex?? What are we to do with you?!

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 2 months ago

Hard-hitting piece. Only people that faced some sort of tragedy will identify with this and truly appreciate it.

***

You structure the sentences well for a very good bang for the buck, and you shorten them to reflect both Finn's angst and anguish. From how the characters interact, you thought this out well.

***

Curiosity: Van Halen's "Jump" was effectively based on something just like this.

Fact: One of my heros, Muhammad Ali, convinced a 21-year old man named "Joe" NOT to jump off a 9-story building in Los Angeles after a 20-minute talk on 19 Jan 1981--right after Larry Holmes thrashed him in the ring ("The Sportsman" online, published 19 Jan 2023)--and I think even the National Enquirer captured the same image of The Greatest leaning out the window to wave at Joe and start talking to him. Joe even rode in Ali's Rolls Royce afterward and Ali ensured he got psychiatric help afterwards--and then followed up a few other ways too. Instead of wallowing in his own recent defeat, he chose to help someone else first.

***

Sometimes the greatest victory is just continuing to live, and moving forward even when one doesn't understand why. It's not always possible to uncover the reason or reasons why some things happen.

Great job! 5

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 months ago

… but the greatest of these is love. Not necessarily a big fan of Paul, but a lot of truth to that passage. A fan of your writing and the imagination that gets it started. Moving piece.

DevinterDevinterabout 2 months ago

You have instilled a hunger for the knowledge of what happens next. Looking forward to the following two parts to be posted up. I have a bunch of theories right now about where this one could go, but I'll keep them to myself. I find it amusing that you and I keep using the same rather uncommon and obscure names for some of our characters though. First with Calista, then Greta, then with Vera! So now I guess I have to put a Freya in one of my future works in order to uphold this unspoken alliance between us. Hehe!

oneagainstoneagainstabout 2 months ago

You've stoked the bunnies here. Who is she?

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@luv2custrip, you wrote: "What are you doing, Freya? Writing stories that bring tears to my eyes without a hint of sex?? What are we to do with you?!" Stay tuned. The "Story Freya" saga is continuing soon and it gets really wacky!!!

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@Comentarista82, Muhammad Ali was a legendary boxer, but an even better human. He stood up for what he believed in and wasn't afraid to help anyone in need. I had known this story and I wonder if it was hiding somewhere in the back of my mind as I wrote this story... 🤷🏻‍♀️

You wrote: "Sometimes the greatest victory is just continuing to live, and moving forward even when one doesn't understand why." And that's the moral of this story!!

Thank you for reading and commenting!! I will get to that movie. I promise!! I have a day off this weekend, but it has already been claimed by my S.O. and kids. 🤗

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@Devinter, you wrote: "I have a bunch of theories right now about where this one could go, but I'll keep them to myself." I hope that after you have read the third part, you will share them. You have piqued my interest!

That is odd that we (well, I, apparently) keep using the same names. Most of my names are either people I know (I love to throw random Easter Eggs into my stories -- it amuses me to no end!!) or have some significance. In this story, the name Vera means faith.

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@oneagainst, I misread "stoked" as "stroked"!!! 😳 You asked: "Who is she?" You'll find out. And I'm pretty certain you'll be surprised. If you read this comment, remind me to tell you who I think she is after the third part is up.

DevinterDevinterabout 2 months ago

@FreyaGersemi - The reason Vera means Faith was the reason I chose it as well. It seems we operate similarly when it comes to picking names. I'll share my theories after part 3! I have several brewing.

miqael69miqael69about 2 months ago

"The text after this warning is not to be taken negatively." You damn bitch! You mde me cry and I love it. The story just sppke to me so thank you.

NormalMarriedWhiteGuyNormalMarriedWhiteGuyabout 2 months ago

Very moving story that I am sure hits home with people who have been through this with a spouse. I guess we will never figure out why bad things happen to good people. And no, a spouse never "gets over" this but we, eventually , learn to accept and move on. It just takes time,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Too close to home. I am 75, my wife 74, married 55 years, known each other 56 years. I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma cancer in later 2020. It is slowly eating away at me leaving me with pain that nobody really understands. I was given 1 to 2 years life expectancy and a max of 10 if I was brought in to remission. The doctor said that the easy to read indicators said I was. The bad mean one, bone morrow said there is still Residual Disease Cells, RDC, so I am not in remission.

I just wish we had the kind of love portrayed in your precious story.

Djmac1031Djmac1031about 2 months ago

Was afraid it might get, well, a little preachy. But I worried needlessly.

Sad but honest. Life isn't always fair, nor beautiful. But we have to face both the bad and the good.

5/5

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

Everyone, thank you so much. This was just a random experiment (most of my stories are all happy and sexy). I'm torn between feeling sorry that I wrote these (there are two more coming in the next two days) and happy that I did. I feel that too many things are taboo to discuss and I don't agree with that. Sharing feelings is what makes us human and connects us with each other.

I'm very pleasantly shocked at the response that this first installment has gotten. I honestly thought this would be another of my NOT happy and sexy stories guaranteed to bomb. So, again, thank you all so much!! 🤗

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous, that's terrible. I wish I could say something to ease even a tiny bit of your suffering. 😢

FreyaGersemiFreyaGersemiabout 2 months agoAuthor

@Djmac1031, you wrote: "Was afraid it might get, well, a little preachy. But I worried needlessly." What's the point of preachy? I just simply tell a story and let the words speak for themselves. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Two more parts coming!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Maybe an angel in disguise!

5

Sailman9Sailman94 days ago

I am in same place Fin was in wife’s has cancer we were notified Jan 2 happy New Year’s waiting for chemotherapy to start Amy had a heart attack on Jan 22 but I have a program with friends that helps. AA 47 years without a drink thanks for writing this. Sailman9@yahoo.com

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreyaGersemi@FreyaGersemi
Currently, I'm on the 9th installment of my "Sex Addict" series. Probably titled "Vibrators, Butt Plugs, and Nipple Piercings" and it involves the three girls gettin' in on! In the meantime, Story Freya has plans to get Katie laid by a real man! But that's the following chapte...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Hope Next Part