All Comments on 'Faithless Eroticism'

by Alainn

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
to bad

he shouldhave raised his masterpiece while his bitch of a wife and her lover was using it...id love to see the sequel and see what her reaction was to finding out what he did to what undoubtably was a masterpice ..and know that she had lost everything to fire that she had accumalated over the years of her marriage...id have to ask prove i started the fire ...i think she and her lover did it i cme home t othis ...id sue her for half the value of destroying my home ...and marriage ...maybe her lover wo9uld pay the 1000000 or so

ohioohioabout 17 years ago
very powerful

It would be nice to know what happened afterwards, in particular what the wife's reaction was.

Thanks for the story--ohio

Orion623Orion623about 17 years ago
Very Good

This short story says more about a husbands feelings after he sees his wife commit adultry than many stories of far greater length.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
Magnificent!!! wow..overpowering

there are not enough words in the english language to say how great this SHORT story was .

more please....Please!!!!

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Well done

Stellar prose, powerful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Ok so he got revenge on the bed for housing her

adultry. Wasnt that wonderful, such completion, such closure. Just goes to prove he wasnt really sane, punishing the bed for the sins, deceit, betrayal, adultry, of a wife who wasnt worth a minutes time, much less the value of the bed, bedroom, home. Methinks the man is impotent and intead of dealing with the persons who committed the sins, he is taking it out on physical objects as a lesser man.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Poetic and intense but a bit too abstract

I loved the language (bordering with poetry); the intensity and the raw feelings. I missed some dynamic interaction; even in the form of memories which could have put some meat on the skeletal, somewhat abstract feelings (who is he? who is she?)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
this is literotica

someone should tell writer that this is literotica not shakespear, and that he is not that good, just boring

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
No place for Shakespeare in Literotica?

So, Anon, should I assume from your comment that after a thorough encounter with Shakespeare’s work you came to the conclusion that he could not qualify for an entry in Literotica? Seeing that you were too careless to notice the author's gender before asserting "his" 'maleness', why won’t you double check everything else that you wrote? Still, the allusion to Shakespeare makes me want to visit your poems as well...

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
Seemed a bit mannish to me

Kolkore, actually Mr. Anonymous may be right regarding our author's gender. Reread the paragraph that starts "It made a magnificent picture". You will notice that the third person goes to statements starting with "my wife", "myself", and "my only view". There's no physical prior to joinging this website. You could sign up as a kangaroo if you wanted too.

As for comparing this to shakespeare you are very right. This wouldn't compete with Zane Gray let alone the great Bard. The final straw was when he ended the story by burning his wife alive with a single match on a comforter. What did the two people in bed do, become frozen with fear at the sight of a freak with a box of matches? Did they say "okay big guy, you caught us now torch us so that we can burn baby burn"? This was either lazy writing or a lack of imagination. Throwing a container of gasoline onto the bed before the match is all that needed to be written.

TiggerTooTiggerTooabout 17 years ago
Well now.

In the English language, the word ‘he’ can mean a person of either the male or female SEX, not gender. Gender is NOT sex; all the recent politically correct BS aside. Primarily, gender is a language convention in certain languages. You wouldn’t say, “I saw two people having gender on the front lawn.” <P> As far as the story goes, it isn’t one. It’s a well-written vignette with great descriptive scenes but I’m with ‘revenge on the bed’. Its half-finished state was unsatisfying to me. I was left cold. In order for this to be worthy of the caliber of the writing, there needs to be much more of “the rest of the story.” <P> So, what do we have? The bed has been taught a severe lesson. The house reeks of smoke or is in ashes. Hubby can’t answer the fire department’s pointed questions without incriminating himself. Wifey and lover-boy are free to do what they want; knowing hubby won’t do anything to them. What is the reader supposed to conclude from all this? The author hasn't said. <P> Thanks for writing. Phil

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Bazzz, he was alone and is not the author…

You caught me by surprise at least three times (does not happen that often). First, I am pretty sure that the husband got his pyromaniacal rage when he was alone in the house and is reminded of his wife recent activities, check it out. Second, with regard to your argument to the gender of our good author. As an author I would have expected that you would not confuse the identity of a narrator in a story (no matter what type of narrator) and the biographical identity of an author.

Third, regarding current procedures of joining this site you got me here! I usually hold the policy of trusting people unless they prove untrustworthy, but I can’t deny that I have not undergone a physical to join Lit. (I would like to reserve the right to postpone my decision reg. the kind of animal I would choose to present myself as – probably not a Kangaroo though…).

BTW, speaking of mannish, As soon as I started reading, I said to myself there is the ‘handwriting’ of a woman. Admittedly, when it came to the ‘action’ part the style seemed more gender neutral. Just my impression.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
W.T.F.

Well written but my God a little over the top with his grief. A shadow of his former self? If he has no more self worth and guts not to let this ruin him, then I guess burn baby burn. Sounds like he is going up in flames also. too bad.

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
Adendum for the author and, of course, Kolkore

Kolkore, How right you were regarding the wife and lover in the bed. I missed the statement regarding the husband flashing back to the present before he did his fire dance. I stand by my assertion that unleaded is the best fuel though.

I also stand by my statement that the writer made a mistake in using the first person in the "It made a magnificaent picture" paragragh. If she was describing what the husband was thinking she should have explained with a "The husband thought" or "What raced through his mind was" or something more literarilly more appropriate than I can come up with. Some things have to be specific otherwise simple minds such as myself might come to crazy conclusions. You know how I can be.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous