All Comments on 'Fallout 04: Choices'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 142 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Meds...

Really can screw up a fella. Had something similar happen to me. Took a while to get things adjusted to the point where I could have a relatively decent life. I know the bitch brigade will howl about Ned forgiving Nikki at the end, but it was probably good for him to get closure. Besides, she was nearing the end of her life anyway and it's not like he ever accepted her choices.

On the whole, I enjoy this entire series. Thanks! Keep 'em coming!

appaloosa1453appaloosa1453about 3 years ago

if either party put in like 5% effort the marriage could have been saved

penneydog55penneydog55about 3 years ago

I've always loved Saddletramp1956's Stories!

Fantastic Story but with a touch of "I told You so"..Karma is a merciless Bitch....I was very pleased to read about Ramon getting comeuppance..

5 Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🐕‍🦺🤗

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

He vowed that he won't forgive her, nevermind

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

next fallout make it the husband that cheats and gets caught please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Sigh...

It's the same old story, every single time. Build a straw wife and knock her down in a cookie-cuter, divorce-porn procedural. Same speechifying, same self-justification, same stilted dialogue, same professed "I don't care about her." Of course you care about her. Otherwise, why write about her?

TajfaTajfaabout 3 years ago

First emotion was anger about her behaviour then just sad about a very stupid and nasty woman who cared only about herself.

We never got to find out why she turned into a monster and to be honest after 10 years why would he give a shit? She was a total stranger. The fact he forgave her showed him to be a really decent human being. Another good one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I did not like the original story at all

Thank You for giving it the "Saddle Back Treatment"

This story was much more satisfying

CLM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Be careful what you wish for

because if you get it, you might find out that the payment due is everything you ever loved or valued.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago
gave it a 5

ut as far as the ending goes....my closure was the day the divorce was granted. Her and Nickie wouldn't mean shit to me.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Hilarious, these are starting to read like sledgehammer morality stories now. And hey, if she was going to die of cancer and not anything that her lifestyle brought about, I guess she could do worse than getting her rocks off her last few years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I think this is one of if not the first story where one of your characters quit smoking! I enjoyed it for years even though people around me tried to get me to quit. I did but to late - I've suffered from COPD for years now and cancer for the last two. I do enjoy reading you stories though - thank you.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Good Story

Perhaps if he'd put his life together earlier she wouldn't have "strayed" into that destructive path!!!

Whatever, at least he didn't seek vengeance and in the end there was closure for all.

5 from me.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago
Why did Mr Tramp have Ned go to see her?

That was the part that didn’t seem like something one of his characters would do.

It was his typical over the top cheating wife, going the extra mile to be nasty to her husband. But it raised a real issue: Nikki was still young and horny, and Ned couldn’t take care of business. At that point, is it any surprise that a young woman might, much more discreetly of course, get something on the side. Ned eventually got some help, help that often doesn’t work in real life, but he waited too long to do it. Yeah, Nikki’s actions were Mr Tramp’s typical way over the top stuff, but ar of the fault was Ned’s.

It was different in one respect: Ned doesn’t get much revenge, but simply let’s karma do the work for him. That might happen more often than people would guess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
2 stars because of the ending

Normally I give reconciliation endings 1 star.

Since Ned did follow through with divorce and moved on with a new life before the forgiveness scene I went with 2 stars.

If Kristen had reappeared in Ned’s life after Nikki died then I would have 5 stars.

MullendersMullendersabout 3 years ago

how spineless he should have told the whore well we all get what we deserver i got a great live you get to die and smile and walk out

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
no forgiveness

Either say "tell her to go to hell" and shut the door or go to the hospice and lean down and tell her "no forgives, ever, and just die you miserable bitch."

KayaknhKayaknhabout 3 years ago
So good.....until the end.

Group hug all is forgiven !!!!?????

Ugh. From ST no less.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This author is churning out factory stuff

Used to love this guy, however, recently he seems to be writing out stories as if it is a chore to complete. Sad to see him going down like this.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago
Ned would be a far better person than I would be.

"Please! It hurts so bad. Forgive me!"

I would have leaned over and quietly said, "Fuck NO! You fucking slut. You're getting exactly what you deserve. I hope you've enjoyed the last 12 years. Every cock, every arse fuck, every drug snort. NO, I don't forgive you. Rot in hell, you slut".

Or words to that effect.

There is no reason for Ned to be a pathetic wimp all his life!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story teller

Always look forward to reading your compositions, especially this latest series called Choices. Your word pictures bring the actors in your plays to life.

Thanks

Dennis

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Sounds to me like she was always the monster. Kirsten was the real scumbag here. She let her sister fall under Ramon's spell and did nothing about it. Glad Ned found some happiness in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The idiotic

Oprah/Dr. mantra of "closure" loses a star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another great story by saddletramp1956. Thanks for the read!

Always enjoy your stories and look forward to the new ones when they come out.

Actions and choices in life have consequences and your stories constantly demonstrate that universal truth. Choose wisely in all things.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago
Not good

Hey, Writing was great as usual but the story line just wasn't there.

Rw43Rw43about 3 years ago

Thanks for your contribution. Another simple morality play from ST.

However, in real life, Karma isn't always a bitch. Sometimes she's the doctor working late, the lawyer tied up with other clients or the business professional taking an extended lunch; whatever, she just sometimes isn't there when you need her.

Sometimes you just have to say "Nancy Pelosi will get her just desserts from God Himself when she meets him", because there's no way she will get her due down here.

In reality, unless Nikki got AIDS from her promiscuity, she is less likely to die prematurely from cancer than Ned is. The various cancers have numerous contributing lifestyle factors--many of which Ned demonstrated before Nikki's ruthless betrayal brought him to Jesus, so to speak--but homelessness isn't one of them. Smoking, sedentariness and the lifestyle that cause type 2 diabetes all are.

But it's your story, and cancer is an impersonally evil wrecking ball, so wield it well, oh storyteller.

On a side note, having had Paul Drake in numerous stories, and Ms Street in one or two, do you think you could work in an insurance salesman named Ned Ryerson? As in, "Phil? Phil? It's me, Ned! Ned Ryerson! I invited your sister to the senior prom!"

Thanks in advance.

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

She came in, admitted to a gangbang and that the guys were on their way for a repeat, he leaves and yet over the weekend he’s hoping she’ll come to her senses. WHAT. THE. FUCK?

It must be easier to make a story work if the husband is a moron but really? I suppose if you look at practically every LW story on this site, it is the only way to make the tale even slightly plausible.

And what’s with the closure nonsense, the author has already made the poor guy a moron, now he wants to pile on the contempt so he gives him a heart of gold too.

That’s just fucked up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I just hope

that there's no one out there like Kirsten. Both sisters were viciously despicable but Kirsten more so -- so cold-hearted even at the end, she doesn't seem to care what happens to her sister and in the end I think she'll only shed a few tears for Nikki and in the morrow forget she ever had a sister. I am just so glad this is just fantasy. If I were Ned I don't think I'd talk to Kirsten ever again. Horrible people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Boring....

Ned was not likable. Nikki was not believable.

Just not up to your usual standards....again, as your story a few days ago also fell very flat.

And you missed an opportunity in the plot when, after they found Nikki in LA, you didn’t have Paul contact his good friend Arthur Tragg there to find the bitch 😎

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Good story. The main change he should have done was earlier gone to a gym and lose weight and drop the cigarettes - that plus the meds hurt the marriage. Unfortunately Nikki didn't talk to him and/or push him down that path. Sometimes it takes a major event to make those kind of changes. Nikki destroyed her marriage and paid for it with her life. Kristen will have to live with that fact that her actions and attitude destroyed her sister and eventually killed her. Kristen may have finally decided to change her life, but she will have a huge amount of regret and remorse for the rest of her life. Ned forgave Nikki for his own sake - so he wasn't burdened by the anger and hatred. He got his revenge by living well. Nikki's dead and Kristen has to live with the regret knowing that she killed her little sister.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
Hard to read, but well written.

I can't understand a character like the wife. Drugs are a factor, but it takes time to take over a person. She went there willingly. Good job.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 3 years ago

I don't care for the cancer deathbed thing. But it is your story. The sister was a real piece of work. As an attorney, I'm sure she had the money to find her sister and get her help if she wanted. Even tough love thin and abducting her out away from Ramon. instead she let her sister go.

Solid story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 3 years ago
ST's writing is getting better - this is a good story

The dialogue was realistic, the pacing about right, and the plot credible - two arrogant women written credibly. The protagonist was correct in forgiving the shrew and living well is indeed the best revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Mediocre poker

The best thing about this story was that you wove Paul Drake - Perry Mason's PI - into the story. That was old school! The rest was just depressing. Nikki's fall was just stupidity. Try for something halfway clever next time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
WHAT A PISS POOR OUTING THIS ONE IS....................................

A judge orders councilling for a woman who' s left her husband to pursue a career in porn and drug use? In what universe does that happen? The sister is fine with her becoming a porn star, drug whore, simple prostitute but she's adamant she won't be homeless. Where the fuck is the logic behind that? The bitch lawyer shows up on my doorstep there is no way she gets into my house. And there wouldn't have been the opportunity to tell Nikki to burn in hell because I wouldn't ever forgive her because I wouldn't have gone to the hospital. I had my closure years before. Nikki went out and got her own satisfaction she can get her own closure.

Hardday1953Hardday1953about 3 years ago
Dig your grave

Sometimes nothing you do will make a bad situation better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wife was stupid, and sister almost as bad. What a waste, she sounds like some of the women on StangStar's work. Another workman like effort from st56. Thanks.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Closure???? Hell no. It'd be a cold week in hell before I'd give her closure by talking to her. She make her bed lay in it.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 3 years ago
Paul Drake?

Well at least it wasn't Dick Tracy..Good overall though

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago
Pitiful story

And a more pitiful ending. He should have reviewed his wife's antics on the dvd's before going to see her. But I guess even Saddletramp1956 must follow political correctness nowadays. A damn shame!

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

What the fuck Saddle tramp? Forgive her? Fuck that, tell her to burn in hell on her deathbed! And why not find a way to burn her slimy sister? Are you losing your touch? I've never given you 1 star but now you're getting it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nah

Just another example of ST trash. I don't think he has an original thought in his beady little brain any longer. Used to write some pretty good stories, the key there being, "used to". Now it's nothing but more of the same.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Sad story, but she was wilful and got what she deserved. As to forgiveness, nah, l would not have forgiven her. I would’ve whispered in her ear hell awaits you, hurry now don’t keep the devil waiting.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

I can't thank you enough for the constant publishing of wonderful stories in this genre. They're all good, but this one was especially solid. 5*

Ironman52Ironman52about 3 years ago

I really like your 'universe" Usual 5*

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 3 years ago
A little dark, .......

I'll read just about anything you write. Only 5 stars, it's also pretty sad. The Bear goes along with it. Mike the next one a little more up-beat.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A stellar effort.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Again another let down from this author. Surprisingly.

I had my usual hopes for a good story but the sisters were too over the top (Yes I get it we need to manipulate the knuckle draggers to get their ire up to get a higher rating but still...) and it became more an eye roll exercise than a good read.

KoxokKoxokabout 3 years ago

“She needs closure”. The DVD said enough, and she made her opinion of him perfectly clear even before the drugs and cancer.

kdad9010kdad9010about 3 years ago

Good one. I think it would have been even more impactful if I had felt the love between them that they had once shared a little more. But a well told tragedy no matter.

Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
3 Stars

I like this series. However this was the weakest of the four installment. Three stars.

Woman would have to be pretty evil to pull what she pulled. Hubby was a lot more concerned with her well being than most would have been.

On the porn angle the tick mark goes in the it is possible column. Porn sites are full of mature women that have a story.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Karma

Another good saddletramp story with probably the most evil, detestable, cheating bitch he has ever written. Karma doesn't treat everyone equally unfortunately. Kirsten was the instigator behind the weekend that put Nikki on the road to her hell. Yet she escapes any retribution, except loss of her cheating lifestyle, while Nikki dies a burned out, drugged up whore suffering terminal cancer. Karma did do a great job on Ramon though. If this were not fiction, I would hope that he lost his penis first, and at least both arms before he died.

likeboblikebobabout 3 years ago

Thanks for the posting.I thought it was a little too predictable but still enjoyed it. Look forward to more in the series. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
One of your better thought out stories

Most of the time you kill a good start and make your endings unreal

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Mediorcre. Punching way below your weight.

But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Just for a second

Just for a second I thought Ned and Brenda were going to get it on in the hospital room as payback....Lol...but while I can get my head around forgiving his dying ex, I never understood the civility he showed to Kristen. He shook her hand and he never contacted her fiance about her party yet she was the uncaring evil one who set it all up and didn't care about her sister doing drugs or porn. Adding that btb page would have gone well in the story.

dthakerdthakerabout 3 years ago

5stars alright.

Always been a fan of writing. But why "forgiveness"?

I never buy forgiveness. IT doesn't help the victim. NEVER.

However, thanks for sharing and I do love your writing/

GoesGruntGoesGruntabout 3 years ago

dthaker asked why forgiveness.

Call it letting go of the anger if you prefer. It's about the "victims" mental health. Carrying around hate, anger, fear and even regret tear you down and ruin your chance of finding fulfillment.

Forgive, sure. Forget, never. Betrayal needs consequences.

meucimeuciabout 3 years ago

Solid writing but I hate to say I just expect something different from you. I gave it 4 stars for the writing, I know it is your world but I sure hope you return to your old ways soon.

FifteenyearscotchFifteenyearscotchabout 3 years ago

Started off good, turned into a train wreck, ended up a steaming weak terd!!! Could have surprised everyone at the end by having him pull his manhood out of his ass and saying he forgives her because he simply DIDN'T CARE!? The opposite of love isn't hate, it truly is indifference!

tizwickytizwickyabout 3 years ago

To trade hate for forgiveness is weakness. Hate when properly directed is one of life’s most powerful motivational forces and can be a positive factor in self improvement and survival.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I like how John Greene and Rose were in this story, it's like a continuation of their own story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
PATHETIC MC

THIS MC IS PATHETIC. A COP WHO I WOULDN'T WANT FOR A PARTNER. LIKE MOST LITEROTICA'S STORIES, YOU GOT TO HAVE ALCOHOL AND COFFEE TO MAKE A STORY. WHY THERE'S THIS CONSTANT NEED FOR ALCOHOL, COFFEE, AND BBQ IN THESE LITEROTICA'S STORIES IS TOO MUCH SOMETIMES. JUST WOULD LIKE ONCE IN AWHILE WHERE ALCOHOL, COFFEE, BBQ, ETC. IS NOT ALWAYS A MEANS TO IMPLEMENT IN A STORY; SEEMS IT'S A PREREQUISTE FOR A LITEROTIC'S STORY TO EXIST. THE AUTHOR MADE HIS WIFE HAVE A VALID POINT; IT IS HIS FAULT THAT HE PUT HIMSELF IN THIS POSITION BECAUSE OF THE DRINKING, BAD EATING HABITS, ETC. I CAN'T HAVE ANY EMPATHY FOR THIS MC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Same story different title. What this take you, 4 minutes? Just change a few things. You are obsessed with this theme. It's sad. You used to write halfway interesting stories but now you are just resubmitted the same themes over and over again. It's boring as hell. Go out and do something else. Your fans will 5 bomb you and tell you how wonderful you are but really you are all so mired in your misery and anger that somehow this has become a way to hate on women and imagine what you wanted to happen. You aren't moving forward. If anything you are moving back. 10k word story that amounts to wife was a whore and got turned out. Its a nothing tale.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

I though you are the famous Saddletramp? Forgiveness? Are you fucking kidding? This is way beneath your story telling above abilities. 1 star

lukeey90lukeey90about 3 years ago
Thanks 5*

This is one of the very few stories i found great ..no stupid,wimpy and ignorant husband who'll stand for a slut wife and unable to date when he lost her...those stories are pathetic so well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Closure?????

What closure are we talking about? Its been 10 years. She choose her lifestyle. I actually like the story a lot thought of giving it a five star but the ending really let me down. He should let her be a past not to be concerned with her and should have shooed her sister away. That's what he should have done. Sorry for not giving it a good rating.

ResmiHardinResmiHardinabout 3 years ago
3*

Take a good look at the beginning and middle of the story, see how much disrespect, loops and humiliation he had to go through to not only get away from her but also from her family, they did not make it easy on him at all!

Then we have His former wife basically not giving 1 shit what she did, she was literally a fuck doll for who ever paid, videos let and right were coming out, clubbing and partying till she was black out anywhere she could get, fucked maybe thousands of times by more than 500+ (over the course of 5+ years and tbh I'm being generous with that) men + women and gave no thought for him or anyone for that matter.

No 10years later, the past is in the past, people's lives have drifted apart so far that I would be surprised he recognised kirsten right away, only to have her explain all the shit he said to her that day at the end of court come true and that she's got cancer and wants repentance for something she willingly chose and didn't regret in the slightest whilst doing it? Time heals wounds but I'm more willing to bet that memories still surface from time to time, him 'forgiving' her done what for him?

Wanted a completely different ending, Kirsten and Nikki didn't earn or have a right to anything other than being told forgiveness is not in me, it's in the past and i've learned but I will not allow the past to come back to haunt me, so please leave and never return.

As the story is called CHOICES, it was Nikki's choice to leave, to fuck, to cuckold him, to do films, partying, whoring, drugs etc

It was Kirstens choice to be the lawyer/accomplice sister who threw road block after road block in hope her sister can come back to him, also telling him to let it happen and wait or her to return lol.

You didn't willingly give him a chance to say no, Brenda gets involved and it's all lets go give her closure.

3* because you forgot what he went through and that the past is the past and he had no regrets

BeauReadyBeauReadyabout 3 years ago
Duuh!

What do you expect when you get involved with white trailer trash??

Leopard can't change its' spots.

But, far too maudelin...

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

I think he's a pussy for forgiving her, and no suing Kristen for alienation of affection or emotional distress for messing with his marriage. He was a wimp for not going after Ramon. Some of your worst work.

Slider_48167Slider_48167about 3 years ago

Nota lot unusual overall, but forgiveness - not a chance for either sister

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The last part of the story is really a bullshit. She get herself into the shit. Why should he forgive her after what she did to him.

Ocker53Ocker53about 3 years ago

This has to be your worst story by a long way, is there really women that stupid out there? I know women can be cunts but your trying to convince me and others that a women who went to college for 4 years to become a physiotherapist, just throws her dream a way to become an online porn actress? This story just went from the absurd to the ridiculous. Literotica needs to have some basic standards that writers need to meet before being able to publish stories on here.⭐️

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

You sir, and FTDS are my absolute favorite writers!!! Karma and BTB baby!!!!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Once again, those who've never written anything, nor had an original idea or perhaps entertained a cognitive thought, are screaming about the quality of your work! To them, I say: Write something better! The phrase "a dollar mouth and a nickel ass" comes to mind.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 3 years ago

Even as over the top and unbelievable as this installment was, the BTB rabid faithful aren't satisfied that it went far enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What closure is she talking about? How stupid a man can be! After what she do to him. He should have just the her to go to hell. She make her bed now she lie on it. What a stupid ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Type 2 Diabetes is no excuse to become a slob - dont blame medication for not getting an erection - weak slob PI, get in fuvking shape

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

THIS NED CHARACTER IS AFUCKING LOSER - TO EVEN THINK OF SERVING HER DIVORCE PAPERS HIMSELF, HE IS PATHETIC TO STILL PINE FOR THE SLUT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Quit reading when he had health problems and wouldn't quit smoking. Old school. Started smoking at 7, got caught a few times. Different punishments, spanking,eating cigarettes and cigars etc. Didn't quit until kids asked me not to poison them, 50 years later. Hard but most things worthwhile are difficult. Per V A I am lucky no damages but do take a baby aspirin every day as in 25% higher risk of heart trouble since I smoked so long. jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another dreamland fantasy by saddletramp1956. The guy has erectile dysfunction problem but would not stop smoking and drinking beer? That is surely attractive to a woman that would keep quiet about that, right? And turnaround is another fable of "man take charge" by saddletram1956 who is what I imagine a punchy beer drinking couch potato fantasizing about his moral high ground.

tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 3 years ago

Type 2 diabetes can be easily reversed. I personally have done it. I follow the Keto plan. Minimal carbs. Carbs are the enemy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bitch got less than she deserved.😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Closure for Ned happened when he was granted a divorce. He shouldn't give a shot about what she wanted after her behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Oh, Ned, I'm so sorry. I fucked things up. I know you said you'd never forgive. It hurts so bad."

Are you kidding you bitch? He'll no. I'm a man of my word. I'll never forgive your skanky ass. I'm here to watch your worthless ass take your last painful breath. I need closure and that's what will do it for me.

That should have been why Ned would travel to the hospital where the whore was spending her last days. That would have rung far more true than the vanilla pablum spouted here

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Wow, these cheaters just seem to find new lows. Well written. 5 stars

mordbrandmordbrandover 2 years ago

"She wants closure," Kirsten said. "She wants to see you one last time. I know you don't think too highly of her or for me, but I was hoping you could find it in your heart to see her one last time. Please."

I'm surprised they didn't arrest her for attempted murder, because he should have died laughing at this. Closure was burning her shit and sending her the DVD. I never have understood this supposed need for "closure" that women seem to have ingrained into their consciousness. Someone fucks you or someone you love over, you jettison them.

Example: I grew up in a really fucked up family. Suffice it to say, in one way or another, my three Uncles did me or our family wrong. One died knowing I never wanted to see him again and the other two know I'd rather let them burn alive than piss on them to put the fire out. Those two and their spawn are my only surviving relatives, but I sleep fine with the knowledge that they know they are dead to me.

Closure to me means that you cheapen yourself so a horrible person can think you forgave them. I say keep your dignity and let them fucking suffer.

Good story though.

LoisKnight69LoisKnight69over 2 years ago

As this story began, I found myself picking it apart on the basis of its lack of realism. It made no sense that a highly competent physical therapist would do this to a man after seven years of marriage. She knew of his injuries before she married him and should have expected the inabilities that often follow. Yet she seemed to accept his heavy smoking and overeating. She allowed him, without complaining to him, to "let himself go". That is why Ned was shocked at the resort when Nikki expressed her disappointment in him and her lack of respect and disdain for him. Ned went home. After a couple of days he took the wakeup call. He got his diet in check, he began exercising, and got his life together. I had to question why he didn't love Nikki enough to take care of himself while she was with him? Also, Didn't she care enough to "nag" about his self-destructive behavior? Or did she complain, but after 7 years of being ignored, decided he didn't care about her. However, at that point, the logical thing for her to do would be to simply divorce him, but no, the story had to have her get zapped by the 'Martian Slut Ray'. Plus her behavior was accepted and condoned by her brilliant attorney sister. At that point the story was barely a *3*. The frequent poor word choice and tense use would get the story a C in a rigorous grammar class. But I kept reading because the plot was different enough in a weird way to have me wonder what would happen.

Of course, all of Ned's misgivings about Nikki's future came true. He achieved a perfect divorce settlement from his vantage point. He lost weight, got in shape, and got himself into condition so his diabetes became easily controlled. He found another beautiful woman who just happened to be a medical doctor. Not only was his erectile dysfunction cured but he became fertile enough to father children in his early to mid 40's. Cliche followed cliche, beautiful home and wonderful family.

Then the last half of page 3 arrived. It brought everything together and it did it well. It took a barely *3* story with hopes of being *4* because of its outrageous plot, and TURNED IT INTO a *5*. Ned became a compassionate man. He didn't cower or lose his dignity. Ned never accepted Nikki's behavior. Instead he forgave Nikki for HER weakness. He recognized HER heartbreak. Brenda showed she was as perfect as Ned believed she was by - not just allowing - but encouraging Ned to take the high road and see Nikki one last time. Kirsten felt true remorse and understood her role in her sister's self-destruction. After ned left the hospital, hopefully Kirsten begged Nikki to forgive her positioning Nikki at the on-ramp to disaster. Nikki understood her total failure. Nikki would still have a shattered heart, but could die at peace that Ned was fine. Nikki's idiocy had not destroyed him. Ned was leading a happy and contented life. Kirsten's summation, that the greatest injury done by a cheating spouse is the agony caused to the faithful spouse, was well done. Kirsten's thanking Ned for making her realize what marriage should mean was the highlight. The story provided hope that out of tragedy can come some good. The author wrote a wonderful story. I'm glad I read it through to the end and graded it with the *5* it deserved.

I could never weave such a plot but please consider the following criticism in a constructive way. Nikki the fallen woman and Nick the lawyer had names that were too similar. "But" and "And" have different meanings and are not interchangeable. Using them correctly will improve your stories.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Wow is that comment longer than the story??

This one had a few more holes than most ST projects. Why did he keep looking for her if he was “done” with her?

Still a mediocre Saddletramp story is very entertaining

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Picky picky picky, no long explanations or saying this or that you either like it or you don't. It all comes from the mind of the writer it's his story and it plays out the way he thought it up and wrote it. Thank ST it was an ok story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

None. Who can give a care about either?!! She is a#$&*** slut. And he didn't do anything until she did him dirty. He knew the problem but nothing!!! Then!! New wife fixed?!! Bullshit!!!

pummel187pummel187over 2 years ago

LoisKight69. Really??? The answer to all of your inquiries is... SIN.

There is nothing more evil than the human heart.

Christ said that it is not flesh that we are to wrestle with, no but the principalities of GOOD AND EVIL.

See the Roman Catholic church have perverted the word of the living God (the God of Abraham), in fact they teach for the commandments of men and doctrines of devils....

Here is the number one thing that has driven people away from a loving God... (Imo)

There is no such place called "hell" the way the Roman Catholic church teaches, where those who do not love and follow the commandments of the God of Abraham will be tortured for eternity over and over..

NO.. And here is the proof:

The new Testament was written in Greek and the Greek meaning of the word "hell" is = THE GRAVE, which Christ defeated when He rose on the third day... So that all who believe on Him may have eternal life..

For the God of Abraham is long suffering,He delights in forgiveness, He is abundant in mercies and is FULL OF GRACE....

Please read the kjv bible for yourself and let the God of Abraham through His word tell you who He is...

ps. Please don't take this as me being preachy or that I am better than anyone, because I am not ( I'm just a poor writer)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Who would have thought ST1956 would turn into a sappy bitch. Haha. 1,*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too extreme a story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As others comments.

Can't like MC too much back and forth

moultonknobmoultonknobalmost 2 years ago

Just another load of bollocks, what’s all this shit about needing closure, the bitch walked out on him years before so she can get fucked to death, tough shit if she’s now dying.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too bad he couldn't take a ouss on Nikki and destroy Kirsten professionally.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES