Family Secrets - New Orleans Pt. 04

Story Info
Does Samuel live or...? Can the hex be broken on Joan?
12.6k words
4.73
20.5k
44

Part 4 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/25/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Minutes prior to the shooting...

Nimue was always an early riser. Always crawling out of her coffin the before the sun sank below the horizon. While they no longer needed to sleep in coffins thanks to man's advancement in the sciences. She was a creature of habit and she loved her two and a half century old hand carved ebony coffin. It's rich crimson velvet lining was still as soft as the day her father had it made for her. Humming as she sat in front of her mirror (another advancement in man's ever increasing pace that now mirrors no longer had a silver lining behind the glass), as she applied a light rouge to her cheeks and running her light pink lipstick along her supple lips. Thinking of the conversation she had with a very interesting mortal the other day, and to how his magic filled her with desire she hasn't felt for the mortal race. Her hands shot out catching herself on the lip of her dresser. Biting her lip as flashes stabbed at her grey matter. A loud gasp escaped her lips as she watched as Samuel fell to the ground dead.

"Save him! My Herald cannot die!" Nimue felt her goddess urgency as she showed her images of the landmarks. Nimue didn't waste a second. Leaping from her seat, grabbing her robe she didn't care if she was still in her night gown Samuel must be saved!

"Sister! Where are you going in such a rush?" Pandora asked as her sister flew passed her.

"Samuel is in trouble! I must save him! I will save him!" Nimue growled in determination as she ran down the hallway towards the grand entrance of their home.

"Then you won't go alone," Pandora said joining her sister's side. Bringing her left arm up speaking into the hidden mic in the wrist of her shirt. Four armed men stood waiting for them before the six of them raced out into that darkening sky.

A few seconds after the shooting...

"Samuel!" Kelly, Wendy, and Charlotte shouted in fear as they watched his lifeless body fall to the ground. "You murderer!" Yet before either one could gather enough power from the shock to obliterate the man into small gooey pieces. The coward fled back into the alleyway from whence he came.

"Sammy, you can't die!" Kelly said dropping to her knees on that hot concrete sidewalk.

"Charlotte save my boy!" Wendy pleaded with her sister.

"That's what I'm trying to do sis," Charlotte growled as her hands ran over Samuel's chest. Pushing her emotions to the side at the sight of all the blood that seeped out of his chest. However, as she tried to repair the damage and keep Samuel alive, she felt something blocking her magic. Their heads shot towards the alleyway when they heard a scuffle deep within it. Their eyes followed after a blur as it flew out of the darkness of the alley. Then to the crashing of a body as it slammed hard into the side of the car. Kelly jumped to her feet her magic swirling around her clinched fist preparing to magically flay the flesh from the man. That was until six strange people exited the alleyway. Kelly was taken aback at how one of them was as white as snow.

"Samuel!" Nimue shouted as her silver eyes fell on him.

"Who the hell are you?!" Kelly asked defending Samuel and Charlotte as the woman took a step towards them.

"Please I am not here to harm you, I'm here to save him," Nimue said with a pointed look at Samuel.

"And why should we believe you!" Charlotte said holding back her tears as she cradled his head to her chest. Fighting back her trembling lip knowing she couldn't save him. She just didn't know why her magic was being blocked and they didn't have time to find out either.

"Because I am to be his wife," Nimue said calmly, "I'm sure he has spoken of me, so you know I would never harm him. Now please we don't have much time," she said the urgency clear in her voice.

"You promise you can save him?" Kelly asked unsure if she could trust the vampire in front of her.

"I promise, Samuel shall rise by the dawning light."

"As what? One of you?" Charlotte asked knowing it would be better for Samuel to die as a human than live as the undead, yet the thought of going on without him, watching their child grow without him there pushed her rational mind to a far dark corner of her mind.

"That will be up to him," Nimue said somberly, "however, I am going to give him the choice."

"Then please save my Sammy," Kelly said weakly, tears reamed her eyes.

"You heard the woman!" Kelly eyed the raven haired woman as she barked at the men behind her. "And bring that along," the woman sneered pointing at the unconscious man.

"Please take good care of him!" Charlotte pleaded as Nimue approached the entrance to the alleyway.

"You have my word. Samuel will return to you," Nimue said looking over her shoulder, "I would never deprive her right hand of the need he has," she said smiling sweetly at her before the darkness of that garbage strewn alley cloaked her body.

Samuel found himself sitting alone at a small circular table. The condensation rolled down his tall glass of rum and coke. He couldn't remember his past no matter how hard he tried. It felt as if something was clouding his mind. Nonetheless, his gaze was pulled towards the stage as a lone microphone stand stood stalwart in the center of the stage. Peering around him as the crowd cheered and clapped wondering why all their faces were hidden in shadows. Returning his attention back to the stage as the announcer welcomed the first singer of the night onto the stage. "Freddie Mercury?! He thought to himself wondering where he had heard that name before as a single spotlight shone down on the man's shoulders as the stage lights died away.

"There's no time for us. There's no place for us." The crowd's chatter quieted down as Freddie's rich voice came over the speakers. "What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?" His black tux sat snugly to his body not a sign of the disease that took his life. His hands rising along either side of the microphone stand.

"Who wants to live forever. Who wants to live forever...?" Samuel squirmed in his seat as Freddie's eyes fell on him. "Oh ooo oh. There's no chance for us. It's all decided for us. This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us." Holding out his hands to Samuel as if to ask him an unspoken question.

"Who wants to live forever. Who wants to live forever. Ooh. Who dares to love forever. Oh oo woh, when love must die." Samuel looked around uneasy as the spotlight went out. "But touch my tears with your lips. Touch my world with your fingertips," his heart began to beat faster as the lights raised slowly over Freddie's body, "And we can have forever. And we can love forever. Forever is our today."

"Who wants to live forever. Who wants to live forever. Forever is our today. Who waits forever anyway?" Taking a bow before disappearing off to the left wing of the stage. Yet as a sandy blonde haired woman in a royal blue strapless dress with an A-frame slit in the right side of the dress allowing all to view her silky smooth leg as she walked onto the stage. Tilting his head to the side wondering why if felt as if he knew this woman.

"I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough," her voice was smooth, rich, and very alluring. Her hips slowly swayed as she gently caressed the microphone. "Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up," her voice tugged at him, calling to him as those green eyes peered lovingly at him. "Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low? Remind me once again just who I am because I need to know." Samuel became lost in her words as his eyes were captivated by her lips.

"You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing. You say I am strong when I think I am weak," those mournful notes plucked at his heart, "and you say I am held when I am falling short. And when I don't belong, oh you say I am yours. And I believe, oh I believe. What you say of me. I believe." Samuel fought through the fog of his mind trying to determine how he knew that beautiful woman.

"The only thing that matters now is everything you think of me. In you I find my worth, in you I find my identity, o-ooh." Those green eyes lustered drawing Samuel into their depths. "You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing. You say I am strong when I think I am weak," she bawled out as she poured everything into her song. "And you say I am held when I am falling short. And when I don't belong, oh you say I am yours. And I believe, oh I believe. What you say of me. I believe." The last note dying away before the stage lights went dark.

When the stage lights came back on a raven haired, hazel eyed woman stood in place of that blonde woman. Her skimpy black dress clung tightly to her lithe body. Her matching four inch pump tapped the floor as the intro began. Samuel got this crazy feeling that he knew every inch of that woman's body as her 38DD breasts bounced as she shook her head getting into the rock beat.

"Legs are tied, these hands are broken." Her ruby hued lips blew Samuel a kiss. He felt his cheeks heating at that. Her hand pressed against her thighs as her hips rocked to the beat. "Alone I try with words unspoken. Silent cry, a breath is frozen. With blinded eyes, I fear myself," she began to sing soulfully.

"It's burning down, it's burning high. When ashes fall, the legends rise." Her right hand began to rise before her index finger pointed at him. "We burn it out a mile wide. When ashes fall, the legends rise." Her right hand gripped the microphone as her left hand ran up her stomach over her left breasts, dancing up her neck before her fingertips lavished along her cheek. Her tongue ran along her upper lip taunting him.

"Throat is dry, my vision's fading. I'm paralyzed and left here waiting." Samuel got the feeling that woman was drinking him down with those sultry eyes of hers. "Taking time, just one step forward. Won't lose my mind, I'm here to stay...," Samuel's head was on a swivel as the club instantly went quiet. Fear rising in his mind when all the people were gone.

"What you are feeling isn't death Samuel, not entirely." Came a voice he vaguely remembered. "The time has come to choose Samuel," Nimue said stepping out of the shadows. "If you walk out that door death awaits you, however, you would become Labo's pet; or you can take my hand and experience a different form of life," she said holding out her hand. "You must choose quickly you do not have much time left before even I can't save you."

"How do I know you speak the truth?" Samuel asked his eyes darted over to that cold dark door.

"Search your heart Samuel, you will see that I speak the truth." Images of a man, the muzzle flash of the gun, the growing red blotch of his shirt, the weakness of his heart flashed before his eyes. He could feel his body rapidly weakening. His lips and fingertips were already starting to turn blue due to the lack of blood pumping through his veins. Looking back to the door that silent darkness called to him. Whispering to him to let go of his troubles and embrace it. Then his eyes glanced back over to that pale white outstretched hand. That name, Labo, oddly he did remember that name. If he concentrated hard enough ever since he had found himself in that dark club that name had been whispering in his ear. Reaching out his hand, he may not know if he could trust the woman that stood there waiting for him to make his decision. He did know one thing. He wasn't going to be anyone's pet! "Excellent choice," Nimue said with a loving smile as Samuel's hand slipped into hers. The last thing Samuel remembered before everything went dark was a red cloud of mist flooding his eyes, nose, and mouth.

"Shh," Nimue cooed as she placed a restraining hand on the center of Samuel's chest, "you're safe Samuel. There's no need to worry," she said as his eyes darted around the look of loss and confusion in them. "Labo laced the bullet that was meant to kill you with a zombie spell. She thought that given that she couldn't beat you she would make you one of her minions. However, in order to neutralize the spell I had to turn you into one of us, well partially."

"Can you hear my voice?" Nimue asked speaking into Samuel's mind as he sat up. Lowering herself onto her bed where they had placed him once they had returned. Seeing him nod as she pressed her breasts into his back, her right arm resting on his right shoulder then draping down his chest, while her left slipped in-between his left arm and his chest hugging him against her. "This is how all turned can speak with their sires. However, you aren't fully one of us."

"What do you mean?" Samuel asked out loud.

"While I could have brought you wholly into our ranks. We normally don't make half-vampires many of them can't deal with what they have become, or they simply hurry the transition to a full blooded vampire. However, you have so much before you," Nimue said sending images of what had happened once they found him and her giving Samuel her blood. "I thought it best that you would want to continue to walk in the light, but you will only have a fraction of our gifts. Although, you still will need to feed on blood," she said looking over as her bedroom door slowly opened. Watching her sister carrying in two glass goblets on a stainless steel tray, her nostrils flaring at the scent of the rich red liquid. "While you might not need to feed as often as we do, a pint a week should be enough to stave off your blood-hunger. The more you ingest the faster you will turn. Now," Nimue said reaching out taking one of the goblets off the tray, "all newborns even half-vampires need to feed during their first awakening," she said bringing the glass to his lips. Her eyes flared as they caught the hints of Samuel's fangs. Taking the other once Samuel had drained his, quickly downing it so she could help guide Samuel through what the man's blood would show them. "Thank you, Pandora," Nimue said licking her lips as she set her glass back down onto the tray. Her sister nodded before leaving them. What Nimue didn't know was how Pandora wanted to crawl onto Samuel's lap and see what he could do now that he was one of them.

"Now Samuel listen to what the man's blood shows you. I know it will be difficult due to mortals fractured way of forming memories. Yet blood never lies," Nimue said into his mind. Showing him how to wade through the useless garbage that flashed in their mind. Leading him to the memories that led to the events of a few hours ago. Feeling his muscles tense underneath her touch as they watched as Labo ordered her minion to shoot Samuel. Knowing if the woman was smart, they would no longer be using the spot they had formed this plan of theirs. She would have to see if her father would allow some of their hunters to raid the few places she could gleam from the man's blood. "So now you know why I had to turn you in order to save you. I know you might have wished to remain a simple mortal, but Seipowe ordered that you be saved, and this was the only way to break her zombie spell," Nimue said her lips pressed lightly against his bare shoulder. Her nose inhaling the new scent that drifted off of it.

"I understand, I do thank you for the timely intervention," Samuel said his hand running down his chest where the bullet wound once was.

"I will always come to your aid, you are meant to be my husband," Nimue said her nose trailed up his neck. Her fangs skimming along his skin wondering if he could feel it.

"So do these things like retract or no?" Samuel asked looking at his nails.

"Ah, relax the muscles in your hands," Nimue said running her fingers along the back of his hand, along his fingers. Showing him how it was done. "For your fangs I have been told if you wiggle your nose, you'll feel those muscles loosening. Remember that feeling and your fangs will retract as well. We can't have you walking around that college campus and having all those women thinking you are akin to that grotesque Edward and think you sparkle," she chuckled. Snaking her body around to sit in his lap. "I told you I learned a lot about you," Nimue said heatedly as her bare mound rested on his groin. Hoping Samuel enjoyed the feel of her scantily clad body seeing how she was still wearing her night gown and robe. "Let me feel that spell again Samuel," she whispered her lips a hairs breath away from his.

"I thought you told me not to?" Samuel asked in confusion.

"Yes, when you were mortal, you aren't any more," Nimue purred as her hands ran up his back. Biting her lower lip as his hands ran up her thighs. She wondered if he could feel her naked sex against his jeans. Thrusting Samuel's face into her cleavage as her back arched. Breathing heavily as his hand rose higher, a moan escaped her lips as he cupped her ass. Huffing loudly when a knock came upon the door, she wanted him to go higher to explore her body. Yearning to know if it pleased him like the women that shares his bed does.

"Forgive me sister," Pandora said blushing as she stuck her head into the room. She knew that look on her sister's face all to well. She had worn it for a very long time once they had left Samuel the other night. "But father wishes to see him now that he has awaken."

"Very well," Nimue sighed, "remember if you ever need me all you need to do is speak to me in your mind and I shall answer," she spoke into his mind while sending along an mental image of what she looked like in the nude. Smirking at him as she slid off of his lap, her hand feeling something rising as it ran over his groin.

"How are you adjusting?" Pandora asked once Samuel left the room.

"Well, it's not the strangest thing that has ever happened to me. If you can believe that," Samuel said rubbing the back of his head. Feeling the surge of strength in his limbs, he knew if he wasn't careful, he could hurt Kelly, Charlotte, or his mother by accident.

"One has to wonder what you have seen that being turning into one of us even part way doesn't top the list," Pandora mused as they walked down the hall.

"Well, you've never walked through the realm of magic before," Samuel said offhandedly.

"Truly?!" Pandora gasped in wonder as she took hold of his arm.

"Oh yeah, it was how I got to France one time. The other times well I can't speak about it," Samuel said wondering why her grip didn't feel like a vice on his arm like it did before.

"I understand but tell me about the France one. Why did you go?"

"To kill a man named Norman," Samuel said coldly, "to finally put a stop to the man's attacks on my family."

"Oh my," Pandora said softly feeling her body heat. She always had a thing for men who defended their families. The smell of their blood was always divine even more so when their fear laced it when she fed upon them. Yet that was centuries ago they had more safer ways of feeding. Then again, she did miss the days of stalking her prey, seducing them, making them believe they had a chance to get in-between her legs like the man before her did. "I do hope the man was met with a very messy death."

"He did," Samuel nodded as they continued on.

"Father I have brought the Herald," Pandora said as they entered Aarrin's grand study.

"Daughter fetch the boy a shirt," Aarrin said looking out the bay windows.

"Of course father," Pandora said before quickly leaving the room.

"Please come in Samuel," Aarrin said gesturing with his left hand at the high priced leather sofa set. "I know why my daughter had to do what she did. I know this might not be the life you would have wanted..."

"I'm alive so I can't really complain," Samuel said not feeling the chill of the leather against his skin, yet new odd sensations flooded his mind as his fingers ran over the leather.

"You're a strange boy you know that?" Aarrin said amusingly.