All Comments on 'Family Tradition Ch. 02'

by greenday0418

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 3 years ago

Wow. That was convoluted AF. Unraveled the tradition, and no caving to the emotional and sexual blackmail. I'm afraid Mary gonna need a lot of therapy after that wack family. Write another please, Randi.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

I stopped reading this because it was simply boring as hell.

And whateverthefuck his name is: future husbsnd is a fucking piece of shit.

All he ever does is tell and demand and argue and insult…no one should be married to a person that filled with anger. It’s a 24/7 affair for him.

And all Mary does is fucking cry. Seriously! Stop your goddamn caterwauling and act your fucking age!

I honestly wish you hadn’t written this because it’s so stupid, it threatens to drown our collective intelligence in a sea of idiocy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Holy crap monkies! Family traditions and secret potions deliver a total train wreck. After all the bullshit the bottom line should have been him quitting his job and returning home - WITHOUT Mary. Only a complete fool would trust her. And I wouldn't have told Agnes or Millie where I was going. Women be bat-shit-crazy. The original was an awful story. The "tradition" was a joke. A bad one at that. UGH!

TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

Very good but I am sure I've read this or a version of this before 4 stars

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Excellent redux of the original rather sketchy story!! Very well done!

.

5/5!!!!

doejohnny64doejohnny64almost 3 years ago

Kinda confusing with all the people...had to work hard to figure out who everyone was in relation to everyone else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a bit much. This guy acts like the women were trying to kill the men or something. I understand not wanting to follow the "tradition". But everything else was overkill.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

Your story is nice to read and the content was also interesting. Still, I don't think Mary is the right woman for him! In a partnership, how can one alone decide when he wants to have offspring? Her decision ..... "Unknown to me, Mary had stopped taking her birth control pills before we were married" is a deal-breaker for me!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Weird, even more confusing than the original. It's not a continuation, it's more like a complete rewrite.... Not mine. 1*

Bh76Bh76almost 3 years ago

With all of the characters flying around I guess I missed why the goodbye Ted line is there. The Christie-style reveal was good but I think your rewrite of the original was too short to have so many side characters taking up space.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 3 years ago

Even as a fantasy, the story was a bit too much. It really did not seem to hold together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The chief virtue here is that the story does not feature the usual weak, needy, cuckish, demi-man MC that almost all LW stories have. In the original, the MC wimps out and fucks the MIL, but manages to avoid being cucked later. Whether one is a fan of some of the technical aspects of this, the fact that the MC is written a recognizable male instead of a soy boy twit is refreshing. Any normal man would tell them to fuck themselves and the horses they rode in on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'd like to say I enjoyed the re-write, but 'tradition' forces me to admit it was utter bollocks

BrentJWBrentJWalmost 3 years ago

This was a weird one! Sometimes a little difficult to follow. I couldn’t always figure if author was being funny, sarcastic or just has a dry sense of humor that doesn’t follow through in the writing. It was entertaining so I gave it 4*.

Leejeff5456Leejeff5456almost 3 years ago
WOW!

Thank God Hank Williams jr. Did not write about this family tradition

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

I like this version far better. Though I must admit I was skeptical of Henry taking Mary back. She had had a lifetime of brainwashing to be compliant to her mother and grandmother. It’s a crap shoot whether one day she won’t get up and metaphorically stab Henry in the back.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 3 years ago

Of all the "family tradition" stories I've read, I'd say this may be the best one. A bit civilized from our protagonist's standpoint, but hey, someone has to be.

.

In any case, thanks for all the work to give us some free entertainment and ... 5* from me.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Chapter one was useless but this chapter was a fucking masterpiece as well as a lesson in masculinity for Biguy33, a brilliant writer but one fucked up human being.

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 3 years ago

Your confrontation at the end was scattered at times. It would skip subjects as he went around the room asking questions.

The no divorce argument was strange. Why no divorce? 'We keep them happy in all ways.' is a non-answer. Plus a lot of effort for one night of memories. It would have been better if it were the whole week prior or some such thing. but that is how my mind goes. That is the way for the mother in law to get more control of her son in law and THAT might stop the divorces.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

"I honestly wish you hadn’t written this because it’s so stupid, it threatens to drown our collective intelligence in a sea of idiocy."

DON'T include me in your whackdoodleness

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

FFS what do you score this madness, no f***ing idea but I will be going above 3 just not sure what.

JJ

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

I absolutely loved it. You did your rehash of this story complete justice. Well done!!!!

Scores 5/5 please do this again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

When I read a story with a very similar plot this was the type of reaction I hoped for from the used husband. The idea of developing a drug that could determine the sex of a child would be worth millions of dollars but would probably never be approved for sale by the USDA. Of course the idea of a wife using sex to manipulate a husband is based on reality so having a potential husband show the wife and MIL that he has balls enough to say no to this type of manipulation was a great way to end this tale of wifely deceit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Finally, we've found a realistic man in the LW section. All these limp-wristed spineless soy boi's make me wanna punch somebody in the mouth. He told them to take their "tradition" and stuff it. OF COURSE he told them to stuff it: he's a normal male human being who refuses to apologize for having testosterone in his body! 5 stars, absolutely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well-written story. Captivating. But in the end, it is too smug in its attack on academia and on feminism. It comes off as a scree for condemning strong women. As if a writing exercise, that ignores thousands of years of patriarchy, and pretends that there are dystopian matriarchal lineages that have long been foisted on the men--something exceedingly rare in human history. This projects a nasty feminism so as to justify a vicious misogyny. Just as hegemonic patriarchalism has not served humanity well these long years, neither will bashing ladies who stand up against it. And we men should stand with them to create more balanced gender relations, families. communities, and humanity.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

what was up with ted? lol oh man i hope he bugged her and keeping track of her. she been mentally abused by her mother her entire life. she is a big ass red target for predators

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

That one was pretty good for.one of the "Traditions" stories. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The stories have been well written. Past that, they suck as stories for Literotica

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Pretty good read. Nicely written. A question: What would happen to the women of the "tradition" after all the men left? Would any have a change of heart and ask to be taken back by their husbands?

And I will say that as awful as the potion was, I was dreading that the reason for no sons would be infanticide of male babies. That would have been dark indeed.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

LOL, would be a better "tradition" if Mary's Dad and Uncles got to fuck her all week. Imagine the discussion about that, LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

2 stars generous.

He kept her.

If waited that long for something important not worth it

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

Tradition a way that the dead bully the living

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Much darker and ominous than the original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Much more twisted version. The MC is very logical and direct.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

After another read, the narrative is still a bit confusing. It seemed the potion seems to be sort of a chemical castration, selectively destroying the ability to sire boys. But then it seems to be something which works from within the woman, some sort of spermicide which only kills the XY sperm cells. Confused? What bride would want to destroy her ability to make boy babies?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ya'll sure know how to make a story complicated

WorkFred1WorkFred18 months ago

Great story line. The transition from ritual to truth was amazing with out blowing the story line. I am very impressed with the second set. What else to do have?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

All I can say to this whacked-out rescue rewrite, is that at least the characters and motivations are treated much more realistically than in the original.

It was worth writing this story to call the 'tradition' out for what it was... depraved. I'm not sure it was worth reading it though, even though the good guys won.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Entertaining though wacky. As if there all these Ultra feminist enclaves controlling the fates of their husbands. Lol. At least Henry cut through the garbage. And Mary wised up and eloped with him. I don't blame her for being confused. She was indoctrinated into this crap, and with Henry's resolve and dissection of the diseased 'Tradition' (as well as his love for her), she escaped. Pity the children. Wild story. Got a bit cumbersome with Joe analyzing the compound and running an illegal clinical trial. In one case it is an imbibed compound, in the other it is a spermicide? Unclear. 4 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergreenday0418@greenday0418
New story submitted for ON THE JOB 2023 in Romance. This one took me two years to finish. New meds seem to help. Still no cure, but there is hope for Alzheimer's treatment to slow down the disease.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES