Far Pangaea 87 : Phantom Limb

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Outside, Sophia Ridge notes Ruby yelling and racing out into the desert beyond the two starships. Sprinting to join her she realizes the predicament. Malcolm had already grown to seven feet in height. His mass becoming a burden for Ruby. Yet she persisted. She needed to get him far enough away that his size might not do any damage. At a half mile out his size created too much strain on her and she had to rest him on the ground. Patting his chest Ruby pants, "Stay with us Mal."

Harpea and Sophia halt at a safe distance to offer their comforts. Both of Malcolm and of Madigan. Where was Maddy? Sophia looks over the distance. Her Tyrant Tears enhancing her vision to a telescopic level.

"Mom!" She calls out as Harpea turns with her to squint.

"Hold Sophia Ridge. Look at her cumbersome balance. That is not your Mother."

Animahni hovers near Sophia and Harpea. Keeping a distance of her own. Worried for Malcolm. Seeing Madigan's human body walking out of the X'Hal as if the first time. She recalls her own first escape of the Hybrid camp. Digging into the depths with her friends. She missed them all very much. Then, Elle entered her thoughts. They needed to hurry with all of this and return to the Pyramid. In the chaos Animahni makes a decision.

Stealthily she darts away and locates a Technoride. She would go back to the Pyramid on her own. Apple still in her possession. If she had to she would devour the fruit herself and rip the Pyramid to pieces if it meant saving her lover. A fateful choice would be made.

"What the hell?" Ruby standing watch over the twenty two foot tall Malcolm and growing spots the Technoride. Realizing who was in flight she hissed, "I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. Please Animahni be careful." Then, Ruby caught up with her own mistakes, "The second Apple. Oh crap."

"I did not know such wonders were possible." Briar navigates Madigan's body into a rotation that nearly trips her. A whole wide world beneath feet that had feeling. Taking over Madigan's body had activated nerve centers. The dress Madigan had been buried in became cumbersome and Briar shed the clothing. Nude she laughs and dances about. Motor skills catching up quickly.

"Mom?" Again Sophia cries out as she had disregarded Harpea's warning. Reaching Madigan's body Sophia stops short of hugging her. Not just because of her starving Tyrants but of finally realizing this was not quite her Mother. The milky green eyes gave it away.

Halting her dance Briar looks toward, "You are Madigan's daughter. Hello. I am Briar. I hope we can become friends."

"Ummm! You do a Body Snatcher thing to my Mom and you want to be my BFF? Not likely."

" Piper Sophia?" Behind Sophia the ghost of Madigan appears, "Behave. This was necessary. It appears Malcolm has been saved. You should thank Briar for her kindness."

"Kindness? You can never be human again."

"Does it matter Sweetheart? As long as we can communicate I am happy . As long as Malcolm lives it was worth it."

Sophia looked torn. Her world was crumbling down around her. Moving the Tyrants below her neckline allowed Sophia a chance to cry. Turning away she throws her hands high and heads for the X'Orr. There was only one person she wanted to be with in that moment. She needed to be held. If possible.

"Forgive my daughter Briar. She will grow to understand. Welcome to Pangaea." Maddy does her best to cope. It was not as if she could hug her daughter. Nor ever cozy up to Malcolm again.

Tilting her head from side to side reeling from all of the emotions Briar shivers, "So much love. I wish to know this emotion. "

"Someday you shall. I will rejoin you shortly Briar. I must go check on Malcolm. I think he needs me to contain his growth."

Shifting on the air currents Maddy flows out to join Ruby. Concerned by everything Ruby falls silent. Watching as Madigan attempts to caress the Giant's cheek. Almost sensing her Malcolm mumbles, "Hey Beautiful."

"I do not feel so beautiful. Thank God you survived this Malcolm. I will never forget you."

"Tryin' to get a grip on my size. Animahni numbed me up. My metabolism is coming back. Gonna try and sit up." He does indeed, towering over Ruby. Maddy floating higher to rejoin his eye contact. Shaking his head he cracks his neck, "Apples easy to find?"

"Not at first." She lowers her gaze.

"Any monsters in that garden?"

"I hope not. I do not believe so." She was uncertain. As he sensed her sadness he glares toward the Ganthorian starships. There was a change suddenly. The crops had grown. Bountiful since the last time he was aware. Then, his gaze caught up to what was hiding in plain sight, "Maddy? What did you go and do? Is that your body?"

"It is. A deal with the Devil maybe. Maybe not. I did this for you Malcolm. Forgive me."

"Nothing to forgive Maddy. I'm with you no matter if you can never change back. So, who is that in your body."

"A young girl known as Briar. An offshoot of the World Tree like Gaea. From another dimension realm. She cut me a deal that I accepted."

"Let me downsize. I think my control is back. Man, so is the pain. Did somebody cut me open?" He retreats in mass until he returns to normal. Once manageable Ruby steps in to hug Malcolm.

"We had to cut you open to get the apple into you. Seed and all. Try not to lose this body."

Maddy shies off hearing Ruby's words. Ruby felt horrible realizing how that must have hurt her. Losing her own body. Before an apology can be spoken Maddy raises a hand to hold her tongue. Ruby understood. Helping Malcolm until he could keep a solid straight line Ruby pats his shoulder, "Animahni just took off on a Technoride. I'm guessing she's heading back to the Pyramid. You rest I'll take Gaicazar and Greta and search for her. Oh, and she has a second apple. Briar gave us two in case you needed it."

"Great. Let's hope she doesn't eat it. Just give me a few minutes I'll go with you. My body is healing up quick."

"You sure?"

"Come on Colonel. Our troops are dwindling. Who else you gonna send? Put Moe in a jetpack with an Ion rifle?"

"Don't make me laugh. You notice my belly? Kids decided to grow up a bit."

"I just thought you were eating for three finally."

"Need protein. We could sure use a delivery of fresh fish like we used to get. Now that Animahni joined us we haven't had time to send her after a catch. Her friends are probably done with us."

Reaching Briar Ruby and Malcolm halt long enough to make introductions. Ruby notes the girl stepping through the crops. Her hands raising to bring forth a vibrant array of new fruits and veggies. Some that she knew were not sewed before.

"Briar? Allow me to introduce you to Malcolm Brand."

The Host Body of Madigan leaves her trail and approaches them, "Hello Malcolm. I love you."

"Say what?"

"I love you. Is that not the appropriate emotion to share?"

"You just took the body of a good woman. One I care about."

"One that you love but do not speak it aloud. Just as she does. You love one another. I am now Madigan Ridge. Therefore I love you."

Ruby puts her palm up, "Slow down. We need to do a bit of home schooling before you just take over."

"I do not wish to...take over. I wish to experience all that there is. Including love. I shall await your teaching. Do you like the garden I have cultivated?"

Ruby nods and notices something that nagged at her, "The rabbits. They're not eating. Matter of fact they're vacating the garden completely." In a herd the rabbits begin to head out into the desert. Ruby knew then that something was amiss.

"Oh. They go to greet the Creator. He is here."

"Creator? Say what?"

"I am uncertain his name. The Earth speaks the word Jack."

"JACK?" Both Ruby and Mal blurt as one.

"Yes. I believe he is in Eden. Gaea's domain. Can we visit?"

Growling Ruby shakes her head, "ONE THING AT A TIME. DAMMIT!"

"As you wish. Would you like a remedy to cure your upset stomach Ruby Goddard?"

"You know?"

"That you carry children? Yes. I can offer you something to ease your imbalance." "Imbalance?"

"Yes." Briar acknowledges Harpea joining them, "You are a Doctor?"

"Indeed I am."

"Good. Ruby Goddard will need you very soon. Child birth will be very difficult. Guiding offspring through dimensions can prove very difficult."

"DIMENSIONS?" This time Ruby, Malcolm, and Harpea join forces verbally.

"Yes. Did you not know of this?"

Awestruck none of them answered Briar. Ruby quickly grabs Harpea and drags her inside the X'Orr. It was time for that exam. Malcolm sighed and went to find some new clothing. Briar admired his manliness. Such a physique. In the distance the ghost of Madigan observed them all. She felt very much alone.

The day dwindled away as the sun began to lower in the sky over the Osirian Pyramid. Within the Great Hall the newly christened Children of Osiris struggle to be patient. Resorting to sitting around a massive dining table with holographic food. It looked appealing but the true sustenance was far from edible. It had been over a day now since any had eaten. Luckily, their newfound energies kept them all from true hunger misery.

"I'm sooooooooooo bored." Cameron the Angel drops his head into his arms, "We have got to get out of here."

"Keep it together...Cam." Elle Franklin couldn't decide which deserved the true name. Both were equally Cameron Scott outside of tiny DNA alterations. Of mind and personality very similar. Of motives quite different. She didn't trust the Fallen Angel slash Vampire. Nor, did Sabbath Black who nudged Bogart Ross. At her feet curled up snoring was the midget Werewolf. Who could honestly rest at a time like this? At least they were together. Across from Sabbath sat the truer Cameron Scott who assumed the name Lightmare. Now containing the soul of Ra the Sun God. So many souls within him he had indigestion.

Sabbath tried not to look at Lightmare but struggled. This was the Man she fell for. Yet, was keeping her distance mentally from. Part of her wanted to leap over the table and kiss him. Another sector of her thoughts wanted to rip both of their throats out. Both Cam's that is.

"NUT COMES."

Everyone looks up with bulging eyes. Elle standing first as Leader, "Ruby is here?"

"OF A COLOR YES."

"Stop speaking in riddles Pops." Cam Lightmare rolls his eyes.

"PATIENCE MY SON."

"As if."

Outside the Great destruction Animahni lowers the Technoride and shuts it off. Stepping from the bike she strolls around the devastation. In the light it seemed far worse than she remembered. Now however she could explore better. Perhaps find a way in. With a pouch slung over her shoulder containing a firearm and the apple she climbs the stone structure until reaching a lowering point. Carefully dropping amid the rubble she feels a sudden vibration. One that was not caused by her gauntlets. She was afraid to even activate them. She might bury herself alive and do Elle no good whatsoever.

Following the vibrations she locates the inner glyph wall. Examining the markings she runs her fingers over each one. The symbol of a woman with a water pot upon her head attracts her attention. She was born to water. She was a woman. Yet a sycamore tree also evident confused her. Uncertain she gravitates away. Finally after moments of despair she touches the symbol. It allows her entry. Within she moves quickly down the corridors. Caressing the walls to find her way in the shadows. Reaching the hall of Tombs she finds the marking she had chosen on a door. It failed to allow her entry like they had done the other children. Troubled she looks to the head of the Hall. The tomb of Osiris himself. Stepping to it she touches the door and it reacts to her.

"WELCOME WIFE."

"Wife? No. I belong to Elle if she would have me."

"COME FORTH."

Wanting to run she finds herself unable to move. Lifted from her feet by an invisible force it carries her within. Door sealed behind her the torches around her ignite. The fire spooking her.

"Please let me go." Animahni frets.

"A MOMENT LONGER VESSEL."

The pouch on her shoulder pulls away from her body. Her arms unable to clutch it before it flies away from her. Haunted by the sudden forces at hand she cringes. A sarcophagus rises from the ground and stands on end. Watching in horror Animahni views its locks coming undone. Moments later a light blinds her. As her sight copes she witnesses a Man sitting upon a throne of wires. Technology.

"A GIFT MY WIFE. IT IS GOOD TO BE IN YOUR PRESCENCE ONCE MORE."

She winces not knowing how to reply. Her only words are, "Where is Elle?"

The hovering pouch opens and both the gun and the apple rise. The pouch then drops lifelessly to the stone floor below. Gun tossed aside it clatters against a wall then joins the pouch. The apple? It moves toward the Man. She could see him more clearly now. A large Man he was. Yet Ancient in appearance. Kept alive obviously by the tech attached to him. Pulsing energy simmers through tubing that is embedded with him. He smiles darkly as his jaw lowers. In his size the apple glides straight into his mouth. Carefully devoured the old one smiles, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! WE ARE ONE NOW BELOVED."

Right before her eyes Osiris alters in appearance. Mass returning him to his prime. In lingering seconds he crawls from his chair and stands for the first time in ages. Energy crackling around him his throne crumbles. Animahni herself drops to the ground as if insignificant. Using her freedom she channels her gauntlets and blasts toward the wall next to her. With a devastating echo that made even Osiris flinch dust blinds them all. What reveals itself next is freedom.

"ANIMAHNI?"

"ELLE?"

The open wall allows entry into the Great Hall. The holograms failing to reveal nothing but the table of stone and chairs of gold. The second recognition asserts itself the imprisoned group unifies around Animahni. Before them stood Osiris. He was breathtaking. His posture statuesque.

"If it isn't the Wizard of Oz himself. Wassup Daddio?" Lightmare fires up his armor defensively. Horus rears his wings and lifts his sword and shield. Elle in her diamond form reflecting from Cam's light majestically. Mav'Ryk coiling about behind them. Sabbath Black daring to step in front of them all. Bogart to the rear hiding.

"This is what you look like Father." Sabbath approaches Osiris who settles his posture to be less menacing. He knew he could take them all if necessary. The apple of Idunn had returned him to his glory. Its uses unlimited.

"You didn't really need us did you?" Elle growls.

"UNTRUE. MY CHILDREN NEEDED YOUR ASSISTANCE TO SURVIVE. NUT HAS BROUGHT THINGS FULL CIRCLE."

"So Animahni is Nut?" Elle hurries to her lovers side.

"NAY CHILD. NUT IS FAR AWAY FROM HERE. THIS VESSEL MERELY TRANSPORTED HER SOUL TO ME. AS I SPOKE BEFORE, THE MYTHS OF MAN ARE CONFUSED. NUT IS THE MOTHER OF CREATION. THE WORLD TREE OUR LINEAGE. IT MERELY TOOK HER TIME TO FIND ME. AS MY FATHER TOOK FLIGHT TO SECURE GREAT POWER SO MUST WE."

"Not going anywhere with you Pops." Horus snaps.

"MY CHILDREN BEG TO DIFFER."

"Do they?" Elle looks around her, "I feel pretty confident in my ability to walk right out of here like Bastia did. Now that the barriers around us seem to be weakening."

"Right! I've been channeling Ra's soul. He wants out. To live his own life. He can join me as long as he understands I'm my own Man."

"Men. Horus concurs. To fly alone his desire."

"Isis wants to strut her stuff. How about you Khonsu?"

"Hold on everyone." Sabbath puts her hands up, "Atum is out there. We have to stop him. The moons uniting are offering me insight. Pangaea will perish if we do not defend it. Osiris? Father? Please do not be selfish. Even you will perish. Would you allow Grandfather to destroy us?"

Osiris relaxes his authority.

"I WOULD NOT. PERHAPS AN OLD MAN CAN CHANGE HIS WAYS. FAMILY MEANS EVERYTHING. LET US REMOVE THE RUBBLE FROM OUR SHIP. LET IT TAKE US TO ATUM AND DEAL WITH HIM. TOGETHER."

Suddenly, the torches flicker out. The hum of energy ceasing. Osiris realizes that the surge of his newfound power had drained his ship dry. Eyes lowered even a King knew he abused too much.

"Maybe I can jumpstart it." Lightmare looks up.

In the darkness Horus felt something surrounding his leg. Eyes bulging he shakes his mighty limb, "Somebody get this mutt off my leg before I carve him up."

Sabbath Black smiles and whispers, "Good dog."

Bogart Ross couldn't help himself.

On board the X'Orr.

Sophia Ridge returned to James Ian's cabin. Entering without asking she finds Orin resting in his bed. The baby version passed out from K'Vyn's inner stress. She completely overlooked the slumped over Ganthorian babysitter. In her emotional state all she wanted was to feel the arms of her Man around her. Willing her Tyrants to swiftly inhabit only the bottoms of her feet she crawls into bed beside Orin. Feeling her weight he wakes up and bulges his eyes. Sleeping in the nude he didn't expect visitors. Even in his telepathic safeguards something let his Great, Great, Granddaughter sneak by his defenses. Panicking at her Tyrants he realizes they were held in check.

"James? I need you. Everything is insane right now. Don't worry I can't hurt you unless my feet touch you. The Tyrants are obeying me. Please hold me. If you can remember me. Please."

Orin pauses before turning to face her. He recalled how being near her created a frenzy hormonally. This being his Granddaughter made the feelings awkward. Yet, he knew he needed to keep his cover story going. Deciding to turn over he looks her in the eyes. So beautiful. He could reject her easily. Seeing her emotional he chose comfort instead. Cautiously his arms call her in, leading to her body molding into his. She smelled like lilacs. Obviously the Tyrants offered her perks in the hygiene area.

"I need you James." She snivels before bawling. Strangely Orin felt sympathy. Until she leaned closer and kissed him full on the lips. Orin refused to blow his cover. If they were this genuine he could maybe sway her into defending him later. Should he need it.

Then, came her hand. His erection surrounded by clenching fingers. Rising up and down on his rock hard dilemma. The sensations of James Ian's nerves allowed him too much long forgotten pleasure. Orin Ridge growled undercover of his thoughts, "Incest is Best."

Sophia Ridge felt a huge burden leave her. Making love to James was just what she needed. If she only knew. Orin knew. He didn't care. Her moans made him claim her for hours. Her ankles held high out of Tyrant range. Orin Ridge was in control.

Outside as darkness closed in Briar stares toward the desert, "You are welcome. I feel your love. Yes! I will find you beloved." The body of Madigan Ridge headed off into the desert.

Rummaging through an opened cargo container the primitive man Moe looks up to see her disappear over a sandy hill. Using a ballet Tutu over his head like a hat he shrugs. It was then that he caught a whiff of something new growing in the crop area. Trees with an appealing aroma. Hopping from the container he shuffles over to examine the bounty at his approving nose.

"Moe like Nuts."

Yes she was.